(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20021 7 years ago
1 month later
#20385 7 years ago

Can someone tell me why in the hell they would make all those finished cabinets, before a game even existed? Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems like the wrong way to go about it.

I would have assumed the cabinets and artwork would be the last thing to complete during the development of a pinball machine.

IMG_0580 (resized).JPGIMG_0580 (resized).JPG

#20387 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"They" are a company that has no idea how pinball design works (or trusted John when he probably told them the playfields WERE done). John (who is a consultant on this project) also doesn't know any better (even though he worked for Bally for 10 years) , hence why artwork was done on 3 games before the layouts were tested and verified.

I really feel for all parties hurt by this whole debacle.

2 months later
#21371 7 years ago

I have a idea. Maybe Zidware and American Pinball et.al can start selling machines with large clear plastic windows on the box. That way, buyers won't need to even unbox them.

No doubt they'll sell for tens of thousands of dollars. The new fad can be "mint condition, never been played." That way, it won't matter if they don't play...Hell, they won't even need to turn on. Imagine that. Problem solved for Magic Girl and Houdini.

#22047 7 years ago

I'll be interested know how well this thing holds up after a few hundred plays. Time will tell I suppose.

If someone with the right skill set can afford to purchase a magic girl and tinker with it, they will no doubt improve the machine over time. I agree with the others that have suggested that the MG owners should band together. They should Contract the likes of Applejuice to finish it. It will add value to their machines.

#22110 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I like how he mentions their egos at the "other place" lol, and all he apparently cared about was stroking his ego. I'm guessing there were many more out of control comments by him over the years to the private group.

I think he was stroking more than his ego, when he was writing stuff like that. Lol.

#22414 7 years ago

It's simple. There were very few of these pinball machines made. That means their value will go up. It makes no difference if it is a rubbish pin. The fact that it looks pretty is a bonus and will make it even more valuable.

I have no doubt in years to come we will see MG's that have been vastly improved to make many of them closer to the the original vision of the machine.

#22815 7 years ago

The shit that is Magic Girl is starting to smell like roses.

If the figures that are being thrown around are true, for those lucky ones it is turning into a great investment. Who would have thought.

1 week later
#23075 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Uh yeah there is... I have 9 thousand dollars worth of check receipts and Paypal... I know what I've been screwed for thank you very much.

Ouch!

#23132 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe there really are enough dumb asses to pay that kind of money for garbage but I'm thinking that pool dwindles every day.
If I was crazy enough to pay $30k for a pinball machine to just sit there and look I'd hope somebody would wake me up and say just give the $$$ to charity instead
This is pinball at its finest

Quoted from Cornelius:

Pinball at its finest? No sir.
Pinball at its finest is POP getting pinball machines into children's hospitals.
Pinball at its finest is a gentleman opening the doors to his private collection so people can have fun.
Pinball at its finest is a bunch of people playing alternate formats like Pingolf or Critical Hit, laughing and having a blast
Pinball at its finest brings people together
This is you just getting mad that Magic Girl didn't shake out the way you expected. Go back to your first post, read it, and come back to your recent posts.

I think iceman44 was being sarcastic! But I agree with the sentiment @cornelius.

#23197 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

So, is it true that oysters make you horney? If so, damn you must have had a hard night.

10 months later
#23880 6 years ago

I have my fingers and toes crossed for all of you guys who were ripped off by Zidware. Maybe, just maybe there is a chance you will be made whole or partially whole one day soon. Hope is a powerful thing. Here’s to hoping.

3 months later
#24096 5 years ago

Homepin is not hiding from the public. Here is the Facebook page updated regularly:

https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinsinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=pinsinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.