(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17630 8 years ago

"You're kinda in the moment, and people are kinda happy you're doing something...and ... and ... and... you know sending you..you know their hard earned money and you're investing it in building up the company, and you know trying to do it as best you can in a... in a... you know a proper.. you know a proper fashion and so its umm yeah it's really hard to explain. It's definitely like a wave. And umm yeah so I don't know."

#17636 8 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Trying to decide to listen or not........

I think it's worth a listen. I agree Nate could've asked tougher and more direct questions, but there is some good stuff in there. Definitely not the easiest interview for John.

#17650 8 years ago

"You know, like obviously in all of this (clears throat) you know , I...I...I need to apologize to everyone because it was not supposed to end up the way it is. Obviously I... you know, people who know me.. I am 52 now. Well I've had 50 years, or 51 years of no issues. You know, I just work, I pay my taxes, I've had 1 speeding ticket when I was 18, you know, never been in jail, never been convicted of anything, I mean just you know it's just not who I am. But I love making pinball and I like really doing that, but um no but I think um it kinda was um ugh ugh um, its an unfortunate series of events and obviously I'm responsible. You know, I'm the guy and I have to, I have to do my very best to, to not repeat the things I've done wrong and all of that and try and you know, try and make it right. I'm still excited everyday I get in, I obviously now have different things I have to worry about other than pinball making, but um no I think it was um it, from my side anyway, apart from you know "John's way off the schedule", and and and you know "He doesn't answer his phone" and things like that, but no it went to Pinball Expo last year and um we were um we had made a ..we had made a change in the Magic Girl artwork so kinda in the late summer, around that time the game just wasn't like, it just needed a small tweak, it needed a color tweak, and it needed just a few elements changed and and the reason I did it was to umm obviously get it done but I knew that this game is gonna be around a long time so its like well OK lets just do it..."

11 months later
#19359 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Everyone needs to bombard American Pinball's Facebook with reviews and comments. Only post factual information and do not threaten them in any way, but let it be known what is happening ASAP people. JPOP is hiding behind American Pinball and we need to make sure everyone knows the deal.

Someone should post a link to this (and other JPOP) thread(s).

#19673 7 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

so, if a customer had fully paid for Magic Girl,
how much more money will American ask them to give for delivery?
5k? 10k? $15k?

That's the thing. AP says that the MG purchasers will be made whole, but doesn't say that they will not owe more money.

IF they are able to actually build a version of MG, I would not be surprised if their response was: "OK we built MG now the owners will just need to send in an additional 16k to get their game! Send money now!"

#19861 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.
But what happens if they ask you guys for more money? That was the plan on the previous failed bailout, remember?

I predict this is exactly what is going to happen. More money will need to be sent before your promised games are ready. Really hope no one is that insane.

4 months later
#20652 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

there may be some accounting details to be figured out.

Does this mean more money will be required from buyers? I sure hope not but I got this vibe 4 months ago when I posted this:

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

True.
But what happens if they ask you guys for more money? That was the plan on the previous failed bailout, remember?

Quoted from pinlink:

I predict this is exactly what is going to happen. More money will need to be sent before your promised games are ready. Really hope no one is that insane.

#20668 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Wasn't that ramp impossible to make at the PNW show?

Yes, they finally ended up just taking the glass off and throwing the ball up the ramp by hand so someone could take a video of it. I think that video is somewhere in this thread.

#20669 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So if you don't like it can you get your money back?

LOL

#20671 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Even if MG plays well, I don't think it's going to be the successful "Hail Mary" JPOP needs to stop the lawsuit as some of the plaintiffs' claims are for AIW and BHZA/RAZA as well.
And if the MG owners think MG is a clunker they will still be able to claim that it is not what they were promised (given all the promotional materials hyping JPOPs previous games and how this one will be even better) and continue their suit.
Maybe there will even be a new basis for claims under the Uniform Commercial Code on "implied warranty for fitness for a particular purpose" since people are buying it to play pinball (if it doesn't work (or just works badly)).
Certainly going to be interesting however it plays out!

I'm sure this helps JPOP's defense by claiming that "now that the 1st game is finished, I can start to focus more on RAZA and AIW".

I would bet that the code is extremely bare. It would be cool if as a "thanks for putting up with all my BS" JPOP allowed the code to be open so others could potentially make it a complete game.

#20800 7 years ago

If John has successfully built the MG's, would he be able to build more? Is he contractually obligated to not make more than 19?

He could sell many more after these are delivered.

#20832 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And here my friend is why JPOP won't be the last pop-a-deuce in pinball.
A simple email saying 'a game' is done... we have no idea wtf it is, how it plays, is it even really done (this is the guy who claimed an empty box was mostly complete)... and people are thinking its a sure fire thing!!

Unfucking believable.

Hey, I'm with you Flynn. That is why I said IF he has actually built the games. I am just as skeptical as you are at this point.

#20899 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

Jpop just sent a pics link - I'm MG#006, I hope its in there somewhere!
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/magicgirl/images.html

Anyone else find it weird that there are never more than 4 in a single picture? These are supposed to be ready next week? I wonder if all 19 owners have been contacted and have plans of delivery/pickup of their game.

#21025 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am amazed anyone still gives him any attention or that he is even doing a poocast anymore. His lack of actual knowledge about pinball, obvious attention whoring, and inability to properly pronounce words (is it an actual speech impediment? the whole "d" and "t" thing? or purposeful as his schtick?; I never could tell) made them pretty boring to listen to and cringeworthy at times. I guess people enjoy the trainwreck of listening.
I am glad he is not on here and in general find Pinside to be vastly improved since he was banned for the final time. Pretty sad what a short memory he has on why he was banned and why they wont let him back on here. Good riddance. If there is an actual push from some to get him back on here, I am glad to see the mods are standing their ground. His BS is better served with him listening to himself on repeat to increase is download ticker.

People "listen" to his podcast because it is a car wreck that you have to look at (listen to). Funny thing is, he thinks people are listening because he is knowledgeable, entertaining, cool, whatever. He is just embarrassing himself more and more each day. What a loser.

#21085 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well this certainly took some backdoor ninja skills since the video container was broken and wouldn't play the video correctly but it looks like I was able to repair it and get this footage....
Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the best video we have of MG at this point. Enjoy
» YouTube video

So, still can't hit the ramp?

#21440 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Total and complete bullshit.

Your brevity is speaking volumes.

#21441 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As much as I dislike Special K and as much as I may give him grief, I give him much props for the MG purchase.

Why?

#21455 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Because he took a huge gamble on an opportunity. If he keeps it due to the rarity/collectibility, he may have gotten a bargain. If he flips it, he may make a tidy sum. The emotional aspect was pushed aside and it was treated as a business decision.

It could have been a smart move. Or a really dumb one. That has yet to be determined.

#21630 7 years ago

What am I missing here? It looks like you can't hit the spinner? Is this guard blocking the spinner shot?
2656d22e3b0299d281c63aca90168ef5a2089181 (resized).jpg2656d22e3b0299d281c63aca90168ef5a2089181 (resized).jpg

#21663 7 years ago

Is John proud of this "final" version of MG?

#21727 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I don't get why there's so much misinformation and speculation going on here - a bunch of people have gotten the game. Yet none of them are on Pinside and willing to share?

The owners aren't going to be eager to share how shittily the game is made/designed. That could bring down the value of the game.

Their silence is deafening

#22174 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

That will be a nice addition of information to take over with and from fresh eyes.
But here's my part two reason why Levi should be allowed to inspect the machine. He is not only a player but a very knowledgeable pinball mechanic. He works on everything from EM's to current models. No disrespect but I'll bet Levi would see things and figure things out on the spot.
- Come on Magic Girl Daddy, let Levi in the door!
Chris is doing a great and honest job of revealing the machine to all of us and I compliment him for it. But I really believe Levi would take things up a couple of notches and it would be helpful to the owners.

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't Levi and K friends?

Get over there Levi, and tell us what the hell is really going on with the game!

#22766 7 years ago

It's a shame that such a good designer (I think we would all agree that JPOP is an extremely talented designer), will probably never design another game that will actually be finished and delivered.

He will spend years now talking about how he is working on getting RAZA and AIW out the door. If he had let people help him along the way, who knows, maybe this would've all worked out and he could be doing what he does best..designing!

It's clear that he can't build and deliver a completed game by himself. Just wish that he could focus on design and let the experts finish out his ideas and deliver games in the future.

This whole thing has tarnished his reputation though, and now he will focus on correcting that (by "working on RAZA and AIW"), instead of designing awesome games that could actually be built.

What a waste of talent.

1 month later
#23386 6 years ago

I heard JPOP is focusing his efforts on RAZA now. Trying to get a RAZA complete enough to have AP produce it. I'm sure it is just to keep the lawsuits at bay, but then again he did (sort of) deliver a MG. What are the chances we actually see JPOP "complete" a RAZA?

#23389 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its much easier to make a deal with a CM for 16-20 games than 125 games and that was when AP was looking to get into pinball. What does JPOP have to offer? AP has a team now and designer, why would they need him? Unless he comes up with CASH to finance the production run, you won't see AP working with JPOP again.

I agree with you, just what I heard. AP recently said that they would not rule out building RAZA for John, but you're right that he would have to pay for it. We know that John is capable of getting financing through some company not willing to do their due diligence. Who knows. I would've said you were nuts a year ago if you told me people would get their MG"s. I have no doubt that John is working on building a "complete" RAZA, but I don't see him getting 125 done.

8 months later
#23822 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

reposting this because it is just too awesome. For those unaware, this was a website someone found at pussycatbowling.com around 2014.

Where do I send my money?

4 months later
#23966 5 years ago

Amazing! JPop rushes MG out the door thinking that will protect him from the lawsuit...and he still loses!

Nice job, Rommy and all else involved!

#24066 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

JJP? They are on life support with Pirates. Dialed in was a major flop compared to expectations.
Spooky? They make pinball, but they are a different concept. It's working.....so far.

What are you talking about?

So how many dialed ins do you think they sold? I see dialed in as being a huge success for jjp after the game proved to be a hit after a terrible reveal.

Sounds like you think spooky isn't going to work in the long run?

Quoted from vdojaq:

You are just spewing bullshit.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlink.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.