(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 week later
4 weeks later
2 months later
11 months later
#19590 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sorry, but the only question that need to be answered are exactly what, how, and when they are making previous people whole.
Plain and simple, they need to refund everyone and then we can listen about whatever the hell BS they want to spew. Any company associated with Jpop does not deserve the communities time and attention (or stage at expo) until they have taken care of every last penny from the past.
Keep in mind that they are using IP that was paid for by the hard earned dollars of fellow pinheads to try and work towards potential future profits (and apparently have been working for a while already) and still no communication or solid plan.
At this stage it is BS for them to even promise delivery of any games without offering full refund for all that have $$$ in.
John will be LUCKY if all he gets is shamed, asked some tough questions, and chased out of expo. I know one particular person that got taken by him and is rightfully pissed enough that the biggest surprise/event at expo may be the outcome of his interaction with John/ American Pinball. I haveno idea how he will react, but he is not someone I would ever screw with, does not use social media, and it will be a surprise when he shows up and sees john.

Hilton, 1000 likes...

Folks, I lost $ 10,000. Skin in game. Like a fool I was in on RAZA and AIW. I haven't gotten a phone call or promise or anything.

Where were we left at last with JPOP and $ 1M and years of fiddling around ? Answer : Empty cabinets with pretty art he had nothing to do with.

Where are we today ? Empty cabinets with pretty art. Hmmm...

AP wants my respect and support - Refund every last person who lost money - including RAZA and AIW buyers - our money was just as green as MG buyers. Total bullshit to address one and not the others... Why do that ? Because they can show you empty cabinets of MG easily and make promises off the image.

At this stage - there are 3 weeks before Expo - plenty of time to release their plan for RAZA and AIW as well - both by calling each buyer and also publically posting. Until then they deserve zero platform for anything and I will be standing with Hilton arm in arm asking 'Where's my money'. Anything they have shown thus far is a 'buy time' technique to dispel any negativity towards their real objective - selling Houdini's. Until then this is another Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown. We've been through it enough - I'm the biggest sucker there is when it come to pinball passion - but not buying into anything until we get results... Clean the shit up first then you deserve a platform and people interested in buying Houdini. They should not have a stage at Expo, period, end of story.

That said, make EVERYONE right, make a kick ass Houdini - I'll be the first in line with a fistful of cash.

#19592 7 years ago

Does the stock market let Bernie Madoff ring the opening bell at the stock market ?

NO STAGE AT EXPO unless they fix the wrongs done to this community.

I know several people who did NOT have the money they lost to lose. People who struggle to stay in the hobby and STILL supported Jpop due to his talent and them wanting to support new things in the hobby. Those people are the ones who really got HURT. They gave him money that could have gone to car payments, mortgage payments, kids college money, food on the table, you name it, etc... So yes I have seen how bad this sucks. We call all complain about a game that we don't have and stuff, but there were much deeper injuries done to people that go beyond not having a pinball machine we paid for.

I get sick to my stomach knowing how much myself with PinballSTAR, Dan Spolar at Project Pinball, Joe Said and Pinball EDU, and others do to raise a few hundred dollars at a time to donate pinball machines to children's hospitals. So that $ 1 MILLION dollars SUCKED out of our community could have gone to that and made a real difference. So, yes, I'm pissed off. To add insult to injury nobody ever got a call to say, I'm sorry, I messed up, it's my fault.

NO STAGE AT EXPO unless they fix the wrongs done to this community.

#19597 7 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Do I miss something?
They have an employee that owes people money, correct?
I have a customer myself who owes me money for a year now, doubt that his employer will reimburse me. Or should I call their number and open conversation?
You guys are a trip....

And this right here folks is why this needs to be stopped... Because there are plenty out there NEW to the hobby who will get sucked in. It's about standing up for those of us who lost and defending those who might again... At every stage of this debacle and with Skit B we all looked back and said 'How could we have been sooo stupid and naive'... Don't get suckered in again.... Show me the money, then we can ooh and ahh again.

#19598 7 years ago

I will add whoever the folks are behind American Pinball - they owe us nothing. We do not expect them to pay for their employee's wrongs. BUT if you expect support from this community given who they have hired - there are caveats with that... They came HERE on Pinside and are trying to go to Expo to drum up support and sales... They came into OUR house, so earn that platform first.

1 month later
#20371 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I've started foam-coring my next game and I forgot how much FUN this step is. Knock the ball around, doesn't matter what it looks like, hot glue and tape it together.
Sadly, the rest is NOT fun. It's like the difference between coming up with the idea for a movie and then actually making it.
John clearly never wanted to go past the FUN part, which is why we're seeing all these prototypes but not completed games.
As a cog in a wheel, that could work. But as a one-man-show it was a disaster.

I would vote for Ben being the only one to ever comment on Jpop as he knew him, worked with him, left him, then did exactly what John never did - build a pinball machine from scratch. Oh and his posts are pretty comical at times to ! I bow down to you Mr. Heck...

#20375 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

All true. Plus Ben's restraint has been admirable... note that his best comments on the state of Houdini did not come out until after things publicly blew up in American Pinball's face. Regardless, it's pretty clear he could have called it from the get go, but first gave them a chance and the benefit of the doubt.

Great point - a true gentleman's opinion is always respected more than a lunatic (that wasn't directed at you Hilton - lol)

6 years later
#24404 1 year ago

Proud to have been a member of this tight knit small group who looked out for each other start to finish. It's a testament to some wonderful people in the hobby who banded together against a (insert whatever term you want here for Jpop) who repeatedly hurt our community and hobby we love. And yes it's great to have 'found' assets. Sad part is you can only 'find' things that are purposefully hidden if you get my drift.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=pinballstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.