(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6330 8 years ago
Quoted from shakethatmachine:

Yep, stop number 3 on the 2015 tour of failure.

Wow...no.

Unlike Skit-B and JPOP JJP has actually shipped a game. Jack delivered on his promise with WOZ. All 1,000 LE's have been shipped, the LED lightboard has been fixed and the game has a super deep ruleset thanks to over a dozen updates by Keith and Ted. As for The Hobbit sure the game is delayed but it's been appearing at the most recent shows including this weeks Michigan Pinball Expo. Jack is also open to his customers, answers calls, posts on these forums as well as his Google Group and even has gone to customers houses to fix games.

I wouldn't even compare JJP to the other situations.

4 weeks later
#8270 8 years ago

I'm just confused with how the $15k-$17k price tag is being justified? I already see what you get with a new JJP Ruby Red WOZ (or Hobbit LE / Smaug SE) for $9k, a Stern LE at nearly $8k, and a MMR LE at $8k. Where in Magic Girl and RAZA is the other $5k-$8K in parts and features?

1 month later
#16374 8 years ago

I understand that a lot of people don't agree with what Jack said but I wouldn't compare his company to JPOP. JJP hasn't stolen money from anymore.

JJP has shipped over 2000 machines. JJP corrected the light board issue with WOZ and completed the games code. JJP has been actively showing and presenting at shows with a full working product of their next pin.

#16378 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You sure about that?

At least 2000. 1000 ECLE's and 1000 standards.

#16392 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Do you?
Where do you stand on what he said in his post?

It was wrong to say. We have all said things we regretted and apologized for saying them. This is one Jack should apologize for in my opinion especially the "you had the money to burn..." comment. I bet Jack didn't even intend for the comment to offend anyone but it came off that way to many.

The $7500 I'm prepared to spend on The Hobbit is not money I have to burn. It's hard earned and I want to feel confident that I'll be getting a pinball machine with that hard earned money. I'm sure those that preordered a Predator or JPOP pin felt that same way.

#16393 8 years ago

Guys, Jack apologized a little while ago. Post 6945 in The Hobbit update thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/139

From the thread above

"I'm sorry that my post was misunderstood. I'm sorry that it confused or upset anyone. It was my personal opinion.
I always thank our customer base for putting us in business and I never forget that.
John is a person, with a family, that was the main point of my post.
This is Pinball"

#16413 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What about the people who bought the game?
Are they not people? Do they not have families? No, no, no...the perp does NOT get sympathy! Especially since he's NEVER apologized or done anything to make this right. F John Popadiuk. F his family. They stole from my friends and lied to them. Jack's sympathy is misplaced.

I agree mostly (other then the f his family part which come on) as the guy stole thousands of dollars from people. People should sue him in my opinion.

10 months later
#18855 7 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Interesting.... I recall some similar rules paypal had that it seemed Jpop violated as well...
Wondering how this law might apply to the sliding delivery dates of the other boutiques (JJP, DP, etc)? Seems like this could touch their practices as well?

Except JJP has actually shipped thousands of games

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.