(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11717 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Please note that any video i post is not meant to be a promotional video, they will all be development videos meant only as a reference for further development. Also, if anyone is unhappy with me doing this then please get in touch directly. I am not out to cause trouble, just lift the secrecy vail and help myself with some much needed therapy.
Thanks

Thank you......I feel your pain......

1 week later
#13656 8 years ago

All I can say is WOW!

While the 4 year (or longer) drama has not disappeared, and Money/Buyers is an issue, from reading just a few months ago that there
was "nothing ready" to seeing this is impressive.

Imagine you are seeing this "unveiled" for the very first time....would you buy one for $5K-$9K?....
I would think that this would be a Great Seller, and A damn fun game!

Sooooo.........Whats next?

#14100 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Yea unfortunately based on what I personally saw in the game at the show, the BOM is well over $10k maybe over $15k as the game sits. Not because the BOM is worth it but because every part is custom. Even the flipper mechs were custom with Z stamped logos. I believe some of the parts in the game are the only parts in the world as in they made just 1 of them.
Before something like you suggest can be done, someone needs to go through the game and replace the unnecessary custom parts with common off the shelf parts. A good portion of the mechs can be reworked that way. But if you do all that you need a mechanical engineer and are basically finishing up the mechanical aspects of the game. So I think that's where it will probably head. Mind you this is my opinion (be it somewhat educated after seeing the game as others that saw it can attest) and not based on any inside information.

Thanks Mark, for taking the time to share your review of the game and your wisdom on the games construction and BOM.
I may be wrong, but I dont think I saw posted that EVERYTHING is custom. Just to produce 1-12 prototype Flipper assemblies,
......something simple we have many stock solutions....is a huge capital drain. Knowing now, that almost everything is custom,
explains a great deal as to where funds went.
Your perspective is admirable, and I hope as others read, really creates only a wait and see approach, which it would appear
now might be best.

I am certain though, that the drama will continue.

#14124 8 years ago

Does anyone know how the vacuum was intended to be used?

1 week later
#15612 8 years ago

I have nothing meaningful to add, except every time I see the title, I think of these......

Pop a duck.jpgPop a duck.jpg Pop a duck2.jpgPop a duck2.jpg Pop a duck23jpg.jpgPop a duck23jpg.jpg
#15674 8 years ago

You may be the only person who can spell this.

1 year later
#18932 7 years ago

Wheres the proto-fiasco game that was at a show?

1 month later
#19160 7 years ago

I signed up for the email list....no news yet....

#19226 7 years ago

Sorry Im a day late...heres my vote to play John:

independence-day-dr-okun-brent-spiner (resized).jpgindependence-day-dr-okun-brent-spiner (resized).jpg

#19238 7 years ago

We can hope for success, and another manufacturer, even if it is China or India.

Lets face it, so much of the games parts, may currently come from China.
I know they can do the assembly well.

Not knowing what pinball is, and getting a game out bug free...I wish them luck.
That is not easy...

3 weeks later
#19380 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

better idea is to stay home and get hammered after long week!

True. Staying home and getting hammered after a Short week, here!

#19404 7 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Are you serious!!!!??? American Pinball has nothing and they have chosen to hire a thief/criminal/liar!!!!! That is a fact!!! Why is this bullshit allowed on pinside. Little johnny stole a million from this community based on lies and now little johnny and American Pinball have joined forces to steal more money from this community. UN-FREAKIN BELIEVABLE!!!!!
QSS

What do you want Pinside to do?

American Pinball is a separate legal entity.

They cannot act as a Police.

Jpop while wrong, and worthy of all your anger, can create a company, take money and fuck up.
He can go bankrupt or get sued.

What is that you want?

#19414 7 years ago

Does anyone know anything About American Pinballs owner, DHAVAL VASANI?

#19417 7 years ago

He could have deep pockets, and Jpop chewed his ear off, that "the hard work was done"
and how Easy it would be to complete the games, save his ass, and millions would roll in from Houdini.

In some cases, the cultural differences can cause unique relationships, goals, and "realities" in business
with Indian culture, and their own values.
Much like China or anywhere else.

Either its a reality, or still a dream, or another con.

Only John, could convince someone with no game, no 3 games, that game 4 will be done better and faster....
Once he burns through this guys money, and anyone else sending money in.
All to clear his name, and remove the legal action.

Could this be the ruse?

#19421 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If this is even real/possible, I'm not even sure buyers would actually want to receive the game since it's so tainted now. Probably the best thing is to refund everyone before sinking any capital into building anything.

Say 1 million in.

If he can convince the owner to build them at half a million, he will be in the clear.
Doubtful the new owner wants to give out a million.
To convince him to spend the $500,000, he gets John, Houdini, more pins, and millions a year
in sales and profit. John has conned him. Hes likely only trying to save his ass, with a Ponzi sale
and pre order of another vapor game.

However, I would be thrilled if Im wrong.

#19426 7 years ago

I agree, but lets say he sends out 2 dozen games.

Wouldnt the lawsuits go away?

Then he runs out of money again?

#19430 7 years ago

So do you think Houdini is another pre order con?

#19624 7 years ago

Ambitious, to say the least, very hard, and very expensive to do all thats promised.

Im sure current industry manufacturers that would read this, would chuckle to themselves, and
say with a degree of sarcasm and disbelief, "Good Luck!"

#19630 7 years ago

Im guessing an empty Cabinet, with strangely familiar graphics and features in a slide show presentation...

#19790 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Not to mention ship a 300lb pinball machine 1400 miles.. or wait, do they allow that as a carry-on now?

Shipped by truck, with their booth and other stuff for the show. By weight, with a show load going, maybe $50-$100 round trip, especially if they have done shows before.

The Hotel room showing is for several reasons I imagine. The parent show and booth, might get unneeded attention, as well as the game, and scrutiny of the game.

as its not flipping, putting it on the floor would be a big disaster.

The legal system works in very strange ways with issues like this, and my only multiple experiences I have had has been that the lawyers, govt, and a few secured creditors "win".

I feel that for anyone financially invested in JPOP games, that this is news worth celebrating, as its possible
for some positive outcome.

Yes, 100%, dont support the pre order model. But maybe, just maybe, without the pitchforks, good can come from this.

The Legal system, is still there, still grinding away, and any opportunity for any recovery, IMO, is better than bankruptcy.

#19817 7 years ago

Thanks Ted....Harry on a Good Hair day!

#19919 7 years ago

Gotta do it Ice...you talking about Jpop or DT?

#19935 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Ice, I love when you get buzzed. I really want to have some drinks with you, and Art, and everyone else...

Thanks, John!

But we really are more trouble than we are worth!

Sorry you wont be at Expo, but we will corrupt you at Freeplay!!!

4 months later
#20617 7 years ago

For our attorneys here...could the case be moved to Keith?

1 week later
#20645 7 years ago

..with the best "words" for code.

1 week later
#21745 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are gonna be getting little dribs and drabs of video and info for weeks I would guess.

...and we Will Like it,. and pay homage too!

#22075 7 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Sorry, but can someone please post the link to the best gameplay video currently available, thanks.

There isnt any "best" yet.

A couple pages back are 4 or 5 vids, thats it.
Its shots, commentary, and exploration.

2 weeks later
#23181 7 years ago

The Jinx Spinner needs to spin slower, and have a textured surface, if it doesnt.

I believe the Magna Save is in need of tweaking of sensor, and pulse code to work correctly.

Not saying its going to happen, but what a shame this isnt the state it was in when the last major
show opportunity was present.

Definitely had its possibilities, although doubtful it would have provided enough to sustain the other two.

Lets hope enough "Magic Girl" fooled around with Houdini, and left some Magic left for that game...some neat ideas, although somewhat underwhelming to good code and shots today.

BTW What is the JANX?

#23187 7 years ago

Enjoy, Ted! better then the Snow Storm!

#23202 7 years ago

Is it working in the vid because of the overhead Magnet? I dont recall that in the shipped version?

10 months later
#23891 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I can't believe that Oursler, Nordman, Norris and Theil would join ranks with such a failure and thief like Popaduce. Talk about taking your stellar reputations and tarnishing them. Why on earth would anyone bring a piece of sh!t pariah like Jpoop on board. I think these guys have lost their minds if the continue down this path.
QSS

Its very common in the business world.
They didnt invest, or order a Jpop Game, and failure/bankruptcy is considered acceptable.
Not to us, as customers, or anyone who has lost.
But some people can look past that.

Ive had a few dozen "Quality" retailers, go bankrupt and say tough....only to find a vendor in line, waiting to do business in minutes with a bankrupt company.

It often exists with bragging rights by some, and called "smart" or "genius" to take advantage of this.

Im with you, as a human response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.