(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9834 8 years ago

Pinsid

Quoted from rommy:

Pinside has played a part in all this. It has helped facilitate two of the largest scams in pinball history. Something should change.

Let me just make a statement here...
Pinside has never officially endorsed these guys. We never said "go out and throw your money at them" or anything like that. Nor did we censor them. We aren't here to tell people where they should spend their hard earned money. Each person made a conscious decision to place orders as they see fit, and if it was based on information learned from this forum, that's perfectly fine...there are currently over 29,000 pinsiders, and they have a lot of information and opinions.

I understand people are really upset..and looking for places to point fingers. I'm floored by this whole thing too, but folks, Pinside didn't facilitate anything here.

#10772 8 years ago

I just have to say that something in this thread struck me...
Yeah, people are ticked, rightfully so.
But I think in the last few pages, I've seen a handful of people actually apologize to each other or for angry-posting. Obviously I don't read every single post and thread on the forum, but I can't remember ever seeing this and it's absolutely fantastic to see!

#10783 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

FYI no PFs in those cabs...

And no spiky leg bolts...

I do like how, on one of the playfield artwork pictures, he has it labeled "platinum plate" because, well, he had to outdo diamond plate, but couldn't come up with something original

#11412 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I have asked myself the same questions many times. I wasn't just working on MG either, i worked on multiple projects inc. RAZA and others at the same time. The ramps were late to the party, as I did not get the hand made ones until march 2014, but i had the prototype which was flipping from about may 2013. See below of when i first got it and was installing to my stern cab!
IMG_1475.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
I often had to write code based on 'best guess' for mechs, then wait for the real parts to be created and then amend as necessary. Not the best way to go about things...

Wait...let me re-read that...you had a flipping prototype in 2013?

3 weeks later
#15784 8 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

Is it possible to have someone who is intently following this thread make a new thread when something actually comes of this whole mess?

There is a locked official update thread already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-pintasia-update-thread

3 weeks later
#16641 8 years ago

What was the email you sent? It's important to present both sides of the conversation.

3 weeks later
#17103 8 years ago

OK folks...enough. We don't permit any talk about showing up, demanding money, etc. That stuff can really easily lead to violence. The entire mod team get it...people are angry and rightly so. But you need to stop the talk about showing up.
Anything along those lines...talking about confronting John. Talking about "what if" someone did that.

Anything along those lines is not OK here. Consider this the reminder. Moving forward, posts along this vein are going to lead to ejects.

1 year later
#20808 7 years ago

It's tentatively interesting to learn of the new development which may be a way to satisfy the customers which is totally dependant on the game quality itself. There is the possibility that it's just a lawsuit-dodge tactic, but who knows...

Customers aside (sorry, I don't mean to offend) what about the Zidware vendors that got screwed? I don't recall them all, but didn't Cointaker get the shaft as well as others? Unless I missed it, which is possible, it seems like the games may have been produced by stomping on the vendors that gave time, effort, and materials early on.

#21098 7 years ago

Man...it looks like TOTAN and ToM had an orgy with a pile of hot pink cotton candy.

#21918 7 years ago

Hey folks...fascinating thread, but if you want to get into a pissing match about nicknames or insulting each other please dear lord take it to PMs. There are a half dozen pages of posts filled with useless posts. This thread should be on fire with posts about the game that finally saw some light of day, not about name calling.

1 week later
#22826 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seems easy for Bill to sell the few he got if he wants, then make a deal with Jpop that he can build 5 more and he gets 1 of them as part of the license deal. Rinse and repeat? At the current selling market it seems Jpop could easily build 5 more and bring in a quick 100k. He can label them prototype X, or if he is even smarter he will add some feature back in and call them post-production #_

I am not a manufacturer, but I'm fairly certain it's a lot more complicated than that. Without knowing how much of a backstock of parts exists, I think it's safe to assume it's a low number, if any. And there are a lot of custom parts. And those custom parts aren't something you can hop on Amazon and order 2 or 3 or even 5 of. It's not economical to do small runs at all. And with the existing machines out in the wild, people know the condition they are in, and the value seems to lie in the story behind the machines. If they pumped out 50 more machines, they wouldn't hold the same value. They wouldn't be part of the original saga, just little more than a fundraiser.

#22831 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

as a reminder for everyone >> here is what a 33k MG looks like.

No..it's asking price for it. It does not set the bar at all. I could take a picture of the steaming present my dog left and ask $33k for it...it doesn't equate to the asking price of a pile of dog crap.

#22939 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just picked up a Stellar Wars! (just now)! Damn those things are heavy! Up a flight of stairs SIDEWAYS because it wouldn't fit through the door! Guy bought it over 30 years ago and it hasn't been played for 10 years. I just thought you all should know.

OK, you made your point as subtlely as always...Ill be over tomorrow to put it together and fix it

#22973 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

2. The pinball community, overall, seems to be forgiving. If JPop were to somehow make good on the other two games that he took money for, and deliver them, and was somehow able to make good with his vendors, then just went back to what he was good at, which is designing pinball machines (and obviously not trying to run a pinball company), would the pinball community accept him back with open (but wary) arms, or has he done so much damage to so many people that he is blackballed within the industry forever?

I think it's safe to say that he's burned bridges beyond repair. He has singlehandedly sullied his name to the point that he's toxic. People would likely avoid a game he was involved with just because his name is on it. His only inroads would be to get in on a game under an assumed name. He didn't deliver MG...it was crapped out half-baked to avoid a lawsuit, and that was only made possible by AP. It wasn't a triumphant debut of a fully fleshed out masterpiece.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mclean, VA
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider njgecko.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=njgecko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.