(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13117 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

ZY: your work is amazing!
Want to do all the lcd display art for our Buffy the Vampire Slayer pin? At least we're up front about not paying and never shipping a machine to a customer

ZombieYeti, I wanted to quote this to make sure you saw it since he is 100% serious! Well, except for the not paying portion, because I would absolutely pay you to do this! Let either one of us know if you are at all interested and we can discuss it via email!

#14259 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Last monday, we indeed skipped putting switches on ramps, we didn't do the tiger saw mechs for the software, there was no time left to put the switches and magnets on the ramps, literally - I did the metal plate connecting the ramps, we did the drill press on the holes in the steel and I matched the two semi-circles as best we could to avoid ball traps - you'll notice in the pics that the lip of both ramps and the inside walls of the ramp were not perfectly aligned. The 1 ball setting was to keep the queue moving at at show - JJP does the same thing.
So some error messages will be easy to attach switches, others like the magnet popper/repeller and the magna flippers in the mini PF will still need the proto mech completed and tested. So the code is there - but some simple stuff isn't / wasn't simply b/c the game had to go to Tacoma, in the morning, and we quit at 230am Wed, pdx went and switched vans (b/c of the long drive and mileage limits) after 230am and the game left with him at 9am.

I guess this kind of explains why there are so many unused plugs on this thing! I am still curious as to what all these could be for and what is missing from the game still. Seems like a lot.

MGunusedplugs.jpgMGunusedplugs.jpg

#14452 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I find it concerning the way some people are ejected for name calling yet many are given a pass.

Considering the last thread eject was issued to someone that was COMPLAINING about the name calling, I would have to agree with you. Mods are you even reading these before issuing the eject??

#14528 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

The point I was trying to make, which I did poorly, was that it was doable. Those who say 'this was doomed from the start' are wrong, the p-roc guys, spooky and DP have shown it can be done (at least getting to a functioning prototype in a year or so) and spooky has shown you can get them built without building out a massive factory.
John had far more knowledge and experience on what it takes to design and engineer a game, so there is no excuse that four years and a million dollars spent, that things are where they are. It really gets back to in his inability to manage complexity, to have deadlines that drive things to completion and force the tough decisions. John never made tough decisions, he wanted his cake and to eat it too, and now he has neither.
This was possible, John was just not the guy who could drive it, and that was something folks did not realize or do the due diligence on. The wanted to believe, and you know, that is not necessarily a bad thing, even if it has turned out poorly.

I keep thinking the same thing thing, and I believe it is still very possible for someone to complete this game. People may not see it, but there is quite a bit to work with here. Granted it's nowhere near where it should be after 4 years, but most of the hard work is done. I wonder what would happen if 3-4 guys from the P-ROC forums were to take it over? Hmmm. Hell, I'd be interested, just to see if it could be done.

#14537 8 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I would pass on this and start over If I planned on making it work. I suspect the "value" of whats done is not as valuable as people think. First lets scrap the cab.... the wheel was already invented, and the new wheel is barely different, let alone better. How many other parts fit this example?
The best idea I can think of, is to try and get some money back (slim chance) and go buy from Spooky.
It kills to birds with one stone, you get a new boutique game, and annoy Jpop by supporting Spooky
I'm going to start saving now, for a future Spooky game.

While I agree there are things on the game that need to be scrapped, it's hardly worth scrapping the entire game and starting over. Some things would be easy to cut costs on, others not so much. Sure you could ditch the custom cabinet, but how are you going to fit that huge LCD on the PF then? To keep the integrity of the game some things need to be changed. In this case the custom cabinet was a necessity. That being said even the custom cabinet could be changed to be less "innovative" and more cost effective. I wouldn't be interested in continuing the original vision of the "16K game", but rather refine and finish off what could potentially be an 8k game. It would be very possible if the rights could be picked up for decent price at the bankruptcy auction.

2 months later
#17349 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"The completed Magic Girl game shipped to the NW Pinball show in Seattle, and looked great!"
LOOKED great. Clearly that's all John ever cared about.

I think you are focusing on the wrong word in that sentence. JPOP is so off his rocker.

#17361 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

You guys are all being way too hard on jpop. He is a great creative mind, he is working really hard and some day he would have delivered kick ass machines if it was not for all of you, it is all your fault . . .
wait a second, did I just write that? I think I need to call my doctor, those new meds I am on are making me delusional. hmm, I wonder if this is the same meds jpop is on?

To quote on of my favorite movies - "Don't say shit like that, people can hear you!"

And by people I mean JPOP and by hear you I mean he will only read and comprehend your first paragraph and continue to think he is the victim.

1 week later
#17483 8 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Nothing at all to do with John - in fact, long ago enough that the statute of limitations protects him from legal recourse (but there's no limit on him living with the knowledge of his crimes.)

Yes, please explain. You obviously signed up just to post about this, so explain away!

#17488 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Man, you gotta say more than that. You can't just throw around phrases like that.

Yeah that's a pretty tall accusation to be tossing out there so vaguely.

1 year later
#19453 7 years ago

I am curious how they were able to so cleanly edit ZY's art like that. It's not just the removal of the Zidware logo, other things have been repositioned/resized. Do they have access to the original files or is ZY helping out again?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=nelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.