(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5852 9 years ago

I believe that no one here doubts jpops commitment and passion for pinball.
what many have issues with is his business conduct. which is a train wreck.
I think its great that he is into doing his own thing.
just not on other peoples dime.
time to deliver the goods or throw in the towel.

1 month later
#10122 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

It would appear besides Jpop, that the next biggest douchebags are :
Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC who sadly are trying to force legal constraints on CUSTOMERS !
A law firm does not write a 1 sided contract in a vacuum. ALL CONTRACTS are open to negotiation, including ignoring.
Let's see if this becomes searchable on Google:
Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC are trying to rip off CUSTOMERS
Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC are trying to rip off CUSTOMERS

the law offices of dewey, cheatum, and howe.

I don't think these people know what a small, tight knit community the pinball community is.

#10127 8 years ago

fact, these ass clowns have no clue of what they are doing.
fact, building pinball machines is hard.
fact, no one with 2 or more functioning brain cells will give them one more penny.
fact, no one that is sane will invest one penny in this train wreck.
the cardboard kiss game has a better chance of getting made.
oh, it has been made, by a real pinball company.

#10495 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WAKE up!
Start asking what the real motives are for pintasia to come in at this stage, what risks he is not taking, what he has to gain in all scenarios!
ACT now!
Do not wait!

This!

Who is this guy.
He has a company called my little pony llc and he is qualified to manufacture a pinball machine.
Everyone with money in this mess needs to wise up right fucking now!

Call an attorney now.
Call your state attorney general now.

Jpop needs to see prison time for this.

He needs to be made an example so no one ever pulls any crap like this in pinball again.

#10545 8 years ago

Has anyone here with skin in the game taken the letter to a lawyer and asked for some sound legal advice?
Good place to start.
Or you could just trust ice man.
He was so spot on with jpop, skit b, and spooky.

#10557 8 years ago

I do not have money on the line here.
I do know people that do.
It makes me sick to see these and any others cheated out if their money.
They are all good people that are real active and supportive of this hobby.
I hope it all works out for everyone who has money in this.
It just stinks to high heaven and I'm hoping those with moneyon the line use their heads and not their hearts when it comes to making a a final choice on how to move forward.

#10889 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Good luck trying to reason with the horde of armchair quarterbacks here. Especially those who don't even have any money at risk! (And that is what makes Pinside such a warm and fuzzy place to celebrate the joys of the pinball hobby. I'm gonna stick to in-person gatherings/expos/tourneys going forward. It's sad because the more rational and considerate folks here also tend to be the ones who rarely post.)

Buh bye.

1 week later
#13758 8 years ago

Jpops next jobimage.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#17102 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He is probably not going to let a mob of people into the shop.

He's not going to have $10,000 in his pocket. He has already stated that he is broke. I assume he will stick with that story.

You will be arrested for a Class 2 Felony when you try to leave the premises with $10,000 worth of goods, even if Jplop owns you $1,000,000.
You don't get to just go in and steal stuff.

Yes, you are correct. But what about fraud to the tune of over a million dollars?
I don't see the police beating down his door with an arrest warrant.
Bernie maddof went to prison for basically the same thing.
Yet jpop and Kevin from skit b get a free pass.
Not to mention the worthless piles of dog shit who came on here again and again defending jpop and stating time and time again that mg was 90% complete and they had seen it and played it?
They are also guilty of committing fraud. Yet they get to slither off into the night without any accountability.
Justice needs to come soon or someone will say enough and take matters into their own hands.
This is human nature.

#17105 8 years ago

Call ftd. Send him flowers and a bill?

#17106 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not exactly a free pass.
If pinball is your life, and now you can NEVER go to an expo again, or NEVER work for a company designing pinball machines again, that comes with great costs, both financially and mentally.
And for jpop, that means that his legacy is forever destroyed.
No fond memories for him like Steve Kordek or Gorden Morison.
-
We all knew there was risk in buying a product from a brand new company.
94% of all new businesses go under within the first 3 years. Why would any of us assume that something as complex as a pinball company would be immune to that well known fact?
JJP has had been forced to seek additional funding several times to keep from going bankrupt. And that is with MANY TIMES the capital that Jpop collected.

So assuming you are willing to take "justice" into your own hands, are you ready to do time in prison for that justice you seek?

Oh, I totally agree with what you say. I'm just saying there are people out there that at a point lack good judgement and may do something stupid. Like act out in a violent manor. I'm not saying its a good idea. I'm saying it is a possibility.
I would rather see this resolved in court.

#17108 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

How about a deep dish pizza from Giordano's? The one on Barrington Road North of Irving Park can deliver to him.

is this good pizza? if so, then screw him. send it to me.

#17111 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Call ftd. Send him flowers and a bill?

I ment send a bill for what you gave him for a game or games. Not the flowers.
It takes all the fun out of it when I have to explain it.
Thank god I don't have to have the birds and bees talk with some of you.

#17116 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

C'mon man! We were trying to keep this civil....

This.

#17139 8 years ago

You could bury it where they buried all the et Atari Games in the desert.
Then in 30 years someone can make a documentary about digging it up.

2 weeks later
#17270 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Whatever happened to his best bud, StevenP?
That guy was on here (daily ) laying into anybody who didnt believe that JPOP could get it done. It's amazing how all of JPOP'S cheerleaders scattered like roaches when the lights come on. I'd love to hear what some of these clowns have to say, now that the truth is out there.

Steven p is most likely hiding and praying he doesn't get hit with conspiracy to commit fraud charges.
I'm sure he is lurking here and reading all the posts.
But remember this, it's 90% complete and he has seen it.

#17276 8 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

not in on this, but this sounds like total BS. How do you say that you have seen something 90% complete off someone's word?

This. So either he saw the game and lied to everyone here or he never saw the game and lied to everyone here.

His words, "it's 90% complete, I've seen it".

#17279 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That may all be true, but forgive me if I don't feel the least bit bad for him. JPOP probably didn't tell him to come on here and boast about how HE HIMSELF was privy to the prototype, that it is 90% finished and youre talking out your ass if you say otherwise. He may have been duped by JPOP about the finances, but laying false claims about progress he claims he saw, is his own damn fault. Not to mention he likened this thread to a sewer and insinuated Pinside was/is toxic, even though it was all true. Poetic justice if you ask me.

Well said sir.

#17332 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

There was one thing that JPOP was very good at.... Asking for money!

PBS could hire him.

3 weeks later
#17606 8 years ago

jpop starts the interview by stating he just got back from church. I guess he missed the thou shall not steal and thou shall not bear false witness sermons.

4 months later
#18546 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Oddly enough, I've run into some people that are still friends with him and think he just made a mistake.
I'm not going to call them out, but it surprised me.

seriously, WTF.

7 months later
#19481 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

"Pinball is hard"
Look how long its taken Heighway and Dutch to get things rolling. And they aren't "rolling".
People bitch about "code" and production issues at Stern with their team and facility.
A row of empty cabs and "MG is going to be delivered by the end of 2016"

This!its the end of sept. that leaves 3 months or 90 days or so to deliver all of the mg games. the games no one has seen. folks, don't be duped again. This is a scam.

#19490 7 years ago

I went to American pinball inc Facebook page tonight. There is a post there from someone claiming that American pinball reached out to him stating he would receive his magic girl pinball machine at pinball expo.

Anyone here get contacted by American pinball?

I just looked at it again.
Chris Marquette, it says he works at cointaker.

#19492 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Receive a machine at expo? 2016 expo? Like in a few weeks?
Good lord.

don't take my word for it. check out their facebook page.
fwiw, I think its b.s.

#19494 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Oh, I believe your reporting. I just can't believe thy said it.

Oh yeah, I am thinking the same thing.
I guess we will see in two weeks.
I won't hold my breath.

#19496 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

"Works" as in owns Cointaker.

Doesn't jpop owe him a lot of money also?

#19713 7 years ago

on the mg playfield. look at the genie head at the right inlane.

fictional-locations-pee-wees-playhouse-jambi-genie (resized).jpgfictional-locations-pee-wees-playhouse-jambi-genie (resized).jpg

1 month later
#20325 7 years ago

Cornelius: Just another one of the never ending jpop fan boys, drinking the cool aid and trying to con people into joining the cult of jpop, zidware ,ap. etc. Sell crazy somewhere else.

3 months later
#21329 7 years ago

What about ap? They built the game. Contract or not. They do bear some responsibility for all this mess. They entered into a business agreement with jpop. So even after they tried to distance themselves they still built this game. So, is anyone here still looking to buy a Houdini?

1 week later
#22880 7 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

I will never understand the HYPE. Anyone that ownes one, no matter who, I look at as a loser. Its not a good story. It's just a toxic turd of a machine from a legend in his own mind that fucked up big time. Be proud to own, I don't think so. status symbol? NOT! Is it something to show off? Well I guess you could impress someone that doesn't know the story as you proudly say, look one of only blah blah in the world. And tell them other lies of the great jpop, but if you let them play it I bet they would say "I can see why this game is horrible". Proudly show off in your home? Really?? Its an illusion, a shell of a project at best. If you finish it really won't be jpops work it will be just everyone elses work.
Anyone on here knowing the story and yearning for one, I think is crazy. It's really NOT cool to own it, does nothing for me but make me ill.
To each his own I guess.
As a true pinball fan I will always be more impressed with a fully functional 100℅ working original machine and this is far from that. Magic Turd back yard burning party would be the only thing that would impress me.
If you own one, you are NOT a cool guy trust me.

I can vouch for fatrain, he is a righteous dude.

1 year later
#24287 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Blinking junkbox. That's a good one.
What about the blinking junkbox Houdini that was used to trick AP into starting a company?

They use that in their employees safety training video series.
Don’t do what Johnny don’t did.

5 years later
#24511 10 days ago

For years now I’ve kept thinking, where have I seen this image before?

Oh yeah, from here.

IMG_5215 (resized).pngIMG_5215 (resized).pngIMG_5216 (resized).pngIMG_5216 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=mrgone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.