(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbillishere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#873 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You can see the glued together ends of the pieced together test ramp, sure.

Eric, in the interest of transparency, I suggest that you disclose generally, what you contributed to Jpops projects...

#877 9 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

LOL, whose interest does that serve?
... in the interest of me wanting to know all about it, please violate your NDA for no benefit to yourself.

Di*khead... No. You missed the point (not surprised) which was to say that for those defendng JPop, they should explain that there is/was more to the story.

1 month later
#1241 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I wonder where all the money is? The guy needs to eat, live and have a house etc. For years...... With not selling anything, so no extra income but preorders

that's a good question. I used to live just a few blocks from him. Our kids went to middle school together. He told me a couple of years ago that I didn't need to pay him any more towards my spot , implied he didn't need the money. Now I'm wondering how he can afford to live.

Anyone else with a similar story?

1 month later
#3203 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

JPOP will surely deliver...

Nice 4Chan ref anon.

bb8.jpg 142 KB

4 months later
#13505 8 years ago

OMG, I feel like I just gave birth! I've been trying to catch up on this thread on and off for the last six weeks or longer. Every time I get to within 50 pages of the end and put it down, another twenty pages erupt. This week. Today. I finally did it!

Timing was excellent as I can now wait for news from the floor of the show. Thanks to pdxMonkey, and the guys in Chicago that stepped up to get the pin shooting. Your names must be added to the pinside folk lore.

I was this close to changing today's flight back from the east coast to Denver and having it be diverted to SEATAC instead.

This probably will sound stupid bit for all those years that Papadookie was at his shop, I lived a mile away and stopped by occasionally for a visit, and to find out what he was doing with his time. Nothing seemed to change after he expanded his space. That to me, was the turning point.

Were it desired, one could shame him some in his local community. Bartlett is a tiny town. You can post a classified ad in the Bartlett Examiner. You can file a complaint with the PD, they all get printed in the paper too in the 'Police Blotter' (which, BTW, always made for some amusing reading.) Just use his home address so his neighbors will notice.

Bankruptcy or not, get the word out as much as you can.

1 week later
#15814 8 years ago

Motion withdrawn?

So, what does that mean?

3 months later
#18133 8 years ago

Quick shout out to all the folks going to Expo who were customers of jpop, if ya see me there be sure to say hi. I'll be sporting this custom designed and hand made T-shirt which took a lot of design work and initial prototyping with foam core to develop.
IMAG0894.jpgIMAG0894.jpg

10 months later
#19119 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Within 20 miles and no one takes a quick look would be nuts.... a get a good Portillo dog on the way back

I'm sure someone will swing by when they're in town for Expo. Great suggestion about the hot dog, I love the food out there too.

My choice would be the Italian Beef and hand-cut fries at Nana's in Streamwood. Closer than Portillo's and also award-winning. Oh, and don't forget to order a chocolate malt to go with it.

Nanas_beef_n_fries (resized).jpgNanas_beef_n_fries (resized).jpg

#19163 7 years ago

Well Dan thank you for doing the legwork. That was really cool of you. I don't think any of us were surprised to find out that there weren't any obvious signs of manufacturing happening... please do share anything else they might email you in the future.

The last time I saw Papadiuk was on 12-26-2014, while I was getting the last of our stuff moved from Bartlett to Colorado. It was two months after his epic failure at Expo. I was there for roughly ninety minutes and it was more of the same BS. He was high on a big reveal to come after the first of the year, and told me manufacturing of MG would begin in March. The entire thing was just more of the same. By then I had already paid in full for RAZA so there was nothing to do but - gently - try and pry actual factual details out of him. Even in person, it was extremely frustrating, I can only imagine what the guys that were calling and talking to him on the phone instead went through. I recorded the whole episode but haven't played it back as I'm sure it would only get me pissed again.

So for this new startup, we could be kind and literally print a couple pages of history out and mail it to them. It could prevent great harm, in the form of any compensation paid to JPOP for anything other than sweeping floors at the local McD's.

#19165 7 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Today A guy asked to to apply to a drafting job at American Pinball. Ah, you got the wrong place.
2 months ago a programmer walked into my shop for a 2pm interview. Um wrong co.

Haha Mike, that is too funny. Gee, ever think of branching out?

4 weeks later
#19542 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I am holding my breath for this.
If this is going to happen and the MG's are going to be delivered, it would feel like hell froze over.

So, Zidware customers get made whole and the Cubs win the world series, all in October 2016? Yes, then Hell would definitely have to freeze over too.

#19875 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you define beneficial much differently than I do I guess.
I consider it beneficial if Jpop is bankrupt, out of house, has no job, and has to feel the wrath of his own incompetance. Getting money back means very little compared to the satisfaction of knowing he gets what he deserves after stealing the money, lies and more lies, and then evaporating for the past year.

Hilton, you've been very vocal in this thread, of late. How much $$$ did you lose to Zidware? I'm in for over ten grand.

4 months later
#22072 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

...Any chance John has not used RAZA money to build this?

Put it to you this way. I last visited JPOP's shop in December 2014. I saw quantities of parts waiting to be integrated into assemblies for MG. MG was pretty far along. BHZA/RAZA was not functional yet, the topside of the playfield was about 50% mocked up components. BhZA customers had been paying installments for years by then. Where do you think the cash to pay for all those parts in bulk came from?

#22210 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll sum it up for you Ted....
... Done, drop the mic, Jpop

Ice, ya just about got that right. But it isn't 'drop the mic.'

Jpop would show up with a guy named Mike, and drop him.

#22388 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The sad thing is, at $1,000,000 spent on delivering these 25 Magic Girls, since no RAZA or AIW customers will ever see a game, then it works out to $40k COST per machine.

Well, all these observations about how right now, the secondary market is determining the true value of the limited run of MG pins to 'collectors' certainly makes you wonder what JPOP could have raised by auctioning off the machines and then distributing the monies amongst all the creditors (customers, vendors, Pintasia, etc.) as I imagine the courts might have compelled him to do if he was forced into bankruptcy prior to last week.

Similarly, we know that one Pinsider who is an attorney was suggesting that the creditors all get together and agree on an amicable split.

It seems like using Frolic's math, recapturing a good deal of that $1MM wouldn't have been completely out of the question if pins are selling anywhere close to $40k each.

Now it's surely too late. With all that's left of Zidware now, after the games have left, it'd be like dividing up a sack of beans.

#22577 7 years ago

I wonder if the atty Zane knows how to swap in a different plaintiff for one(s) in the current suit that were effectively made whole when they took receipt of their MG. I could take their spot.

2 months later
#23450 6 years ago

Hey, here's a fun story about a couple of guys that reportedly got in way over their heads in their own failed business adventure: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/01/526392280/fyre-festival-hit-with-100-million-suit-organizer-says-we-were-a-little-naive

I couldn't help but compare this to JPoop and Zidware. Well, that is, right up until the article described how humbly apologetic these two were/are regarding what all went down and their poor performance. Oh well.

1 year later
#24240 5 years ago

I agree with Kim. Be civil, be proud, be the better man.

He is not going to cause me to lose my self respect. And being practical for a minute, Expo seminars like this one will likely be packed. Imagine how more screwed up it'd be if this crowd were forced to go through metal detectors and bag inspections like we now have at major sporting events... No thanks.

IMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpgIMG_20161013_200354 (resized).jpg
5 years later
#24524 10 days ago

Fascinating discussion as always but one thing about Magic Girl... it shoots like crap. I've played it a few times, and as recently as last October at Expo it (still) stunk like dirty feet.

I can't speculate as to why on earth DP would ever revive that title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbillishere.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=mrbillishere and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.