(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

333 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mr68. You are on page 1 of 2.
#944 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Even those of us not in on his games have a deep desire to see why there is so much secrecy in his operation.

And its been gut wrenching for those of us that have been in since the beginning. This is disposable income but trust me, when/if we get our games, we will have earned them.

#949 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If it is not for all to see then the meaning of "the lebowski effect" is not truly understood.

I disagree with JPOP's take on the Lewbowski Effect or perhaps I don't fully understand his interpretation. To me the Lewbowski Effect in this context means, under promise and over deliver. Ain't nothing new but that's what Dutch Pinball showed me.

But whatever. I spoke with John and he is really motivated by all of this. The December reveal will be a pivotal moment.

2 weeks later
#1085 9 years ago

Steve Jobs said as a developer, he always kept in mind a quote from Pablo Picasso.
“Good artists copy. Great artists steal.”

#1118 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Perhaps the "owners" (I use that term in quotes because right now all you own is the right to bitch on a private blog) should start raising more hell again and ask for actual updates.

I suspect, however, everyone will wait for whatever time in December he's promising to show more. Perhaps he might show an insert or a ramp next.

What concern of this is yours?

Provocative comments from those standing on the sidelines serve no purpose here other than macho bluster and stir the shit. I imagine you are one of those that have a permanent seat in the peanut galley of life. And you stroke your ego by sniping at those actually participating.

Again I ask, what concern of this is yours?

#1121 9 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

He brought all this on himself by taking preorders for 3 pins without even coming close to finishing 1. Can anyone explain that? Better yet can he explain it!

He can not explain it adequately and he knows loud and clear this is a bone of contention. Your point is valid and JPOP knows it.

Look, please don't misunderstand my other post. I want and appreciate constructive criticism from Pinside. Much of the past criticism here I have used as my own words in some very heated conversations with JPOP.

Some of you guys on the outside are acting like the owners are just cattle standing around. Individually and now collectively JPOP is feeling the heat.

So feel free to keep the criticism coming. But knock off the keyboard boasting of what others should do or what a tough guy you'd be "if" you were in on this.

#1127 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm calling out bullshit behavior.

As am I but I have no need of unidentified friends to back me up.

Quoted from jwilson:

The owners seem as quiet as Popaduik himself, so naturally people speculate.

Perhaps you should speak directly with your "two friends".

1 month later
#2225 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I traded up Rare...

bd.jpg 26 KB

Quoted from kaneda:

And my new GF is super cool and thinks it's funny that people spend all day long hitting refresh and commenting on pointless threads all day long.

Quoted from kaneda:

She's right next to me laughing at this. You guys really do take yourselves way too seriously. She's 10x cooler than she is hot. And hell yeah she knows I'm immature. That's what she loves about me.

Kaneda's girlfriend picture is stolen from the internet. Several examples, here is just one.

http://fashioncity.jp/snap/230142/

#2232 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

HAHAHAHAHA...wow...you caught me. Just one question. Where did these come from?! HAHAHAHHAHA
Cheers my friend. Happy holidays guys! What a good laugh....HAHAHHAHAHHA

IMG_0751.JPG 120 KB

IMG_0818.JPG 129 KB

IMG_1017.JPG 149 KB

Hard to tell but that doesn't look like the same girl as in stolen internet picture to me. Curious why you would use that one from the internet.
Anyway, thanks for reminding me. I have pictures of myself taken with good natured show models that are paid to do just that.

#2240 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I can admit it. I'm the dumbest guy on the planet.

I'm pleased we could find common ground. Best wishes.

#2482 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

How are you going to see the DMD with that whole platform there?

That camera angle is poor. Its aimed low and look how far back from the players position the photographer is. I just looked at my Cirqus Voltaire with a similar set up and believe it will work.

Here's an embarrassing example of what I mean. Pictured is Bowen Kerins on the right and me (showing Karate moves I guess). Also pictured is Todd MacCulloch. I'm 5' 10" and I'll guess Bowen about the same or maybe an inch taller. Todd is an even 7 foot making him 1.2 feet taller. Pictured here it makes Bowen and I look like were 3 foot tall munchkins.

Its the camera angle combined with height difference. Todd is closest and I'm furthest away from the photographer.

I hope my explanation works with you guys. My Facebook friends haven't stopped giggling since last October.

Expo 315.JPGExpo 315.JPG

1 week later
#2799 9 years ago

<EDIT-DELETE>

F it. I'm trying not to get sucked back into Pinside drama.

Post edited by Mr68: Reason stated in post.

#2854 9 years ago

Hey guys. Would you kindly take your Stern debate private.

Thanks

#2861 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The debate is pertinent to Jpop paying Stern or JJP on a contract basis to produce these pins and may be the only way they ever get made. Maybe Spooky?

Ice. You guys are so far off into the weeds its unreal. Read your posting and Flynnibus's quote within it. How is any of that even remotely pertinent to Jpop paying Stern or JJP?

Quoted from iceman44:

flynnibus said:
Go back to interviews from designers in the 90s at WMS... the factory schedule ruled everything. Their job was to get the job done on time to 'feed the beast' because if the factory isn't running, no one is making any money.

How do you feed the factory? Of course they have to keep it going and with the new factory they have to expand into other lines of business, not just "contract manufacturing" for pinball machines. And that is apparently their new business model.

Stern would not have a factory or employees if they didn't "license and develop" pinball machines. That's why they employ people like Ritchie and Lyman and I'm sure Keith can speak to the days of cost cutting (about the time WOF was coming out?) when they had to trim overhead because sales and margins of pinball machines were tanking.

I can make money by billing out for Wills and Trusts, yet I need my computer to draft the documents, and I need my computer and employees to be busy, that doesn't mean that keeping my computer busy is my primary focus, its just the end result of my efforts and I add more people/capacity as my business grows. That's the easy part.

I have 8 employees and other fixed overhead. The lifeblood of my business is the "development" of new business from marketing, referrals, etc.

My question above is simply rhetorical so please don't respond or get defensive. We all can go off on tangents and I was just politely trying to reel you in.

I'm done on this subject and I hope you are as well.

#2862 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

I hope he pulls through with an impressive reveal in January as expected.

Could you explain please. I thought the big reveal was December 17.

1 week later
#3007 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He is a big guy.

I believe Smith and Wesson leveled that playing field.

Iceman's famous father was also a big man whom I admired greatly. I wonder what he might think of his son's yelling and insulting people here.

#3022 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

From where I was sitting the insults were well earned.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending Ice's opponents here. All I'm saying is stylistically you lose or damage the debate when an argument turns into a shouting match.

I have a lot of money tied up in JPOP and I'll be interested in how Ice's visit goes and his report back here.

#3231 9 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Did the value of totan, wcs, and theater of magic just go down?

Pathetic and trolling. Good luck with your small life.

1 week later
#3509 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

How about six years? How about never. You guys had all better hope jpop stays healthy and doesn't have any accidents. As far as I've read here, there is absolutely no way the project can continue if the one-man-band somehow becomes unable to "manage his artists".
The longer projects like these drag out, the more likely they are to end in abject failure. It's pretty pathetic when the playfield doesn't have a single hole drilled into it. Does JPOP even have his own CNC router to run them? I simply cannot imagine who would be willing to run these 20 to 30 piece runs at some reasonable price. Mainly because I don't think there is anyone who wants to work with this guy since he has been outed as some sort of OCD whackjob that only cares about the hinges and managing an artist.
I think all you buyers completely overestimate Jpop's ability to manage a project from inception through product delivery. Wasn't it Steve Ritchie that said he couldn't finish anything he started? Just wait until the problems of production start percolating. Who will he have to blame then? I'm predicting the MG's will get done sometime in 2016 (right around the time that RAZA owners force him to sell his IP in an involuntary BK). I also bet the gameplay will be screwed because the coding will suck. Oh, I believe RAZA will be made. It will be made by either Stern or JJP once the asset forfeiture sale goes down.
I've worked with guys like Jpop. They are good at blaming everyone around them when things go wrong and their even better at taking credit for a team effort. I bet he hardly did shit on all those pretty games that play like ass.

Wow. You're pretty worked up for a guy with nothing invested. Try de-caf.

#3512 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'm not worked up at all. But that wouldn't be the first time you were wrong, would it?

LOL. Whatever, man.

#3595 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I don't think anyone will, or wants to see you guys not get your games, nor will we be laughing at you if you don't.

Respectfully disagree. There are many shallow minded people in this world that rejoice in the misery of others. It's not difficult to spot many of them here. If this project fails they will celebrate and boast "I told you so". And if games are delivered they'll be silent or give dishonest best wishes.

I'm paraphrasing but some of the notable Pinside quotes amount to this: "Boy are you stupid for getting involved in this doomed scam. *But hey, I hope you get your game*"

Quoted from Roostking:

We do have the right to critique jpop and the business practices.

Agreed and you seem the reasonable sort to comment, so please feel free.

#3600 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I agree with you here. However, I do want to point out that some of us (like myself) have used the term "doomed" to describe John's projects, but I certainly neither blame nor wish ill-will on anyone who ordered a game from him. I don't think any of John's customers are stupid. I do doubt many of them knew John really well when they ordered (outside of his library of games) or knew his history at WMS. I really hope these games get made, but hope and belief are two different things. Bottom line though is that fault lies with John, not his customers. He made the promises, now he has to deliver.

Thanks Larry and I agree. You were not one of those I was referring to in my referenced quote. My comment was directed to the insulting Pinsiders that seem to know it all... years later with the benefit of hindsight

Off topic personal note: I've known you since 2007 (?) beginning on RGP, at Expo and here on Pinside. I know where your head and heart is and you've earned my deep respect over the years. If you tell me I'm full of shit, I'll believe you.

Your public comment was welcome but you never have to explain yourself to me.

#3700 9 years ago

She needs giant sweater puppets.

#3752 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I will probably help Chuck with rules, write some of the script, mentor a new programmer and do dots.

While I appreciate everything you do and have done, I mostly admire your generosity.

4 weeks later
#4141 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

I was gone for two years. Stayed in the shadows and watched pinside turn more and more into rgp. Glad actually it just proved I was not the ultimate evil like some thought.

You were consistently way out of line two years ago and the Pinside ban was deserved in my opinion. That said I believe in second chances and sincerely welcome you back.

#4248 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

I can't seem to find it now in this huge thread, but wasn't there a post from a person who had visited months ago who said he played a flipping playfield that interacted with the lcd screen?

Page 26, post 1298. (From November)

#4269 9 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

According to JPop's Facebook page he was in England on Wednesday (Lancaster, Lancashire).

Subject to interpretation. Someone linked him in a FB post is all.

>Wesley Arron Hoyle
February 25 at 6:03am ·
What an absolutely corking night at hustle last night!!
Thanks to everyone that joined us hope u had a belter!
Don't forget I'm back tonight at Yates lancaster for £1.50 drinks night !
Don't be shy give it a try!!
— with John Popadiuk and 84 others at Yates's Lancaster.<

Recently I was in China while shoveling snow in my Colorado driveway.

#4279 9 years ago

That's asutomatic

Quoted from doghouse:

I don't think someone else can add this to your profile?

Yes they can. I have some on my FB profile. It was simply friends tagging me in their updates.

Look, I'm not defending Jpop here only seeking accuracy. And stuff like this will lead Pinside to say "Jpop has fled the country!!!!"

FYI. I don't believe your comment was meant to incite anything so its all good with me.

#4288 9 years ago

I'd like those phone numbers as well please.
Thanks

#4304 9 years ago

MG - RAZA - AIW owners. I've set up a private Facebook group. It's hidden and invitation only. I know many of you already and others I'll need to verify.

Good idea? I don't know. Shoot me a private email.

#4313 9 years ago

I booked flights this morning and will be arriving into Chicago day after tomorrow. This is just a hop and pop to visit John and I return the following day.

If you've not join the private Facebook group yet, I suggest that you do. Send me a PM and I'll explain how.

Again, if I don't know you, I will need to verify who you are and your participation before sending out an invitation. I do have a method of screening people and some have already tested me.

#4382 9 years ago

Note to The Big Lebowski pre-orders. Dutch Pinball heard about my trip and has kindly invited me to visit them while in Chicago. I will be extending my stay.

#4395 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So, Scott Danesi's house?
Post edited by epthegeek: Removed the code comment bit, Scott told me it's fresher than Expo.

Yes. Also attending will be Bride of Pinbot, coffee liqueur *cough-Kahlua-cough-cough*, vodka and milk. I also get to find out what the No Trash Cougar means.

#4418 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll pass everything along as I talk to him, and it will be more than just weekly.

I object counselor.

In my opinion I think you should contact John as needed. If that's twice a month or five times a month that's fine, but as needed. I use to micromanage my people until I realized what an ass I was and how I hurt morale.

Just a suggestion.

I will also suggest that you post to our private owners group. I'm not sure what kind of updates you're going to post but once Pinside reads something, anything, those know it all, non owners are gonna smoke your keyboard.
Spill some over to Pinside on occasions if you like, but weekly updates? Your funeral my friend.

Quoted from iceman44:

Another owner, Kim from Boulder is there right now and I'm sure will chime in with his assessment as well.

I fly out tomorrow and will be reporting to the private owners group for the reasons above. I may have some spill over but doubtful. And if group members want to chat up the info publicly I have no problem with that.

#4422 9 years ago

I'm open to suggestions I guess, and I will consider your thoughts.

Iceman has a different style than I do. No judgment on that from me.
If he wants to bring my information forward now and in the future I am perfectly happy with that.

#4425 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks Mr68 its time to get this business moving forward, not keep it in the dark. Ice has the right approach IMO and we need to hold his hand all the way to the finish line. They will be great machines he just needs help getting there

I agree and am doing a lot more than whats been posted here. Iceman and I will have private communications on the owners group and he can be the spokesperson.

#4427 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey Kim, I don't understand the purpose of your private Facebook site idea since John already has his private blog for us to communicate on. What's the difference?
Whatever you decide to do with your information is up to you but please keep me and other owners informed what you learn through pm's or emails since some of us have not joined your group.

Its a private place for us to cry, strategize, commiserate, laugh, whatever, without the noise of Pinside.

Edit/Add: Iceman can pass along any information from the group that he chooses. Other members are welcome to do this also.

I'm not trying to keep anybody in the dark, I just don't want the headache and prefer to work behind the scenes.

#4429 9 years ago

I hear ya about Facebook. But the group is already set up.

#4431 9 years ago

Post pictures of your food.

#4440 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And if group members want to chat up the info publicly I have no problem with that.

Quoted from Mr68:

Iceman has a different style than I do. No judgment on that from me.
If he wants to bring my information forward now and in the future I am perfectly happy with that.

Quoted from Mr68:

Iceman and I will have private communications on the owners group and he can be the spokesperson.

What is it about my posting style that you guys are missing?

Its the owners that are going to move this project forward and I formed the group so we could strategize in private. I don't need Eggbert or some other drunk Pinsider telling us were stupid and how he would hire F. Lee Baily to sue Popaduik to high heaven. More importantly, I just don't want to play Q & A on Pinside.

Iceman is the spokesperson here and he has promised you guys weekly or bi-weekly updates.

#4444 9 years ago

Update: The secret group is posting naked pictures of Nikola Tesla and Popadiuk in a kiddy pool filled with jello.

#4466 9 years ago

The private owners group is an established success. On day two, JPOP's attorney joined the group. He is freely interacting with us and has already provided a lot of information. Much of it he provided without us even asking.

We still have a ways to go and Iceman will be doing some heavy lifting. But after last nights round table discussion my stress level has flat lined.

#4467 9 years ago

FYI. My schedule is tight and I have no time to return emails. I will get you into the group when time permits but give me a few days. Thanks

#4480 9 years ago
#4493 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ice said John was opening the blog, I would hope he's realizing that secrecy is just hurting him at this point.
Like I said, you want to have a private group then do it. And I guess you need to promote it here to attract people for a bit, but I hope this thread doesn't turn into "talked to Jpop's lawyer on Facebook last night about sekrit things" over and over. Because that's just going to foster ill will.

Quoted from Aurich:

No. Someone started a Facebook group and they're talking there. Whatever, fine. If you're going to talk off in private then just do it, don't talk about it here.
Jpop said he's opening the blog, according to ice, so I don't see what it has to do with anything.

I'm sorry your feelings are so hurt over this but its beginning to become weird.

#4497 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't even know what you're talking about. Why would I ask for this thread to be closed? You're confusing me.

I edited my quote above.

#4519 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At the risk of pissing some people off, I will call bullshit on that one.
People have asked for refunds without success. If there was a wait list for both games, refunds shouldn't be an issue. Also, there was a thread where one of the owners was trying to sell his spot at a decent discount....nothing but crickets. If there was a wait list, why wouldn't someone on that list buy that spot at a discount?

That's a good point, Rob. I think he may be referring to the wait list of people to buy the extra games Jpop is building. And trust me, its a bone of contention for the original 19 MG owners.

#4523 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

but maybe with all the art he's done the original 19 should get like a special version of the cabinet, and the other orders don't get that art?

I just enjoy bitching... he can make as many as he likes, I just want the game. Achiever Award's are for dudes and rug pissers.

#4535 9 years ago

He's Jpop's IP attorney only.

#4605 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I didn't mean to start a fight with Kim (and we've squashed any bad vibes already) but this is what I meant about the Facebook group. I think it's great if you want to have it, but the whole aura of secrecy just fosters bad feelings.

The private owners group will remain. It has become a collective force for a lot of angry and worried people. Shit is happening right now at amazing speed. We have key players now that didn't know of one another and they met there. They each have individual influence with Popadiuk and are having a phone conference this weekend.

I have a torn rotator cuff from patting myself on the back for an idea I wasn't even sure would fly.

Quoted from Aurich:

let the public places be a place where positive energy can hopefully accumulate.

You must be talking about Bizarro World Pinside.

-Thanks for accepting my peace offering, Aurich.

#4608 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'd love to see a happy ending here for all of the long-suffering supporters.

#4625 9 years ago

I couldn't sleep and my doctor told me to take Viagra and hot chocolate at bed time. The hot chocolate is sedative and the Viagra prevents me from falling out of bed.

#4686 9 years ago

I have to comment here. I met with Jpop last Wednesday and followed with a lengthy phone call to Aaron on Friday.

Aaron is off the chart passionate about pinball and the work he does. Much of this stuff is way over my head but I know a world beater when I meet one. If he can do half of the things he told he can this project will move forward a light speed. And I believe in him.

Aaron is the man here and I reported back to the owners group exactly that.

#4705 9 years ago

Aww, I love P-Roc also and Gerry I consider a friend. I'd be torn to see any squabbling here...

#4752 9 years ago

I'm a simple man and for me it all boils down to this. I want Jpop to bust a F'ing move.

Right now Aaron has a personal relationship with Jpop that he has cultivated. Jpop told me during our conversation last week of how he personally likes Aaron and what he brings to the table. Aaron has invested a lot of his personal time in laying the ground work and has already formulated a plan. Aaron made me a believer per our conversation about all of this last Friday.

So my analyses for the straightest line, at this time in history is this: Jpop + Aaron = Results.

Edit: Aurich is way quicker on the keyboard than I am. I may have to un-friend him.

#4757 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

...or giving the ball to the best running back in the league on the 1 yard line to win the Superbowl.

Said the man from Seattle. Bold comment my friend.

#4775 9 years ago

Note to Jpop customers not in the Facebook group.

I'm urging everyone to meet at Chicago Expo this year for an expedition to Zidware. Things have taken a positive turn but I don't like leaving things to chance and reinforcement is never a bad idea.

#4777 9 years ago

For those intending to show up in disguise.

Clip-Hand-of-God.jpgClip-Hand-of-God.jpg

#4782 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, Expo is OCTOBER. That's a long time from now.

That's correct. Now everybody has plenty of notice to make arrangements. I'm not sure what your issue is.

#4914 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

If it works out it will be a big win for pinball. If it doesn't, then all of us who tried to help John can meet up at Expo in the fall to share stories and the first round of beers is on me.

I will already be drunk at the bar.

1 week later
#5194 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

If and when we find out the truth about finances

I applaud Iceman's efforts here. But do you really believe that Jpop is simply going to roll over and open his books to him? - I hope I'm wrong but I'll go on record right now and say, no he wont.

#5234 9 years ago

Iceman: Good work Doug. Your recent updates lead me to believe you have a better foothold with Jpop than I thought. I will follow up with you privately in a few days. Right now I just wanted to give you some public acknowledgment from the group. Thanks.

#5285 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As an owner, that's where I would have lost my patience.

Expo 2014 for me.

#5324 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John has however long the Skit-B shitstorm lasts to get his shit together.
Once they're done there, they'll move into him.

I agree and just like Predator, Big Lewboski, or any future drama, the vast majority of noise and vitriol will come from those with nothing invested. It is the state of Pinside.

Proverb: "Empty barrels always make the most noise"

#5341 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even if we haven't ordered one of these games, we're ALL invested. When these things become shady and ultimately crash and burn like Predator, it causes a negative ripple effect throughout the whole hobby.

My comment was directed to those that post condescending insults, legal advice from Judge Judy and boast of their psychic abilities to predict the past.

It was the Big Lewboski before, Predator now, Jpop next.

#5376 8 years ago

More and more I'm beginning to realize that my writing ability to convey a point is poor. Admittedly my frustration does spill over into my comments and that does leave me open.

I appreciate a counter point and in fact have taken many comments back to Jpop as ammunition. I'll bet Doug has also. Rarehero, have you not notice the past thumbs up from me? Other people I've also agreed with even though it doesn't advance my cause.

But many of us with time, money and emotions invested feel like we're being treated like children. And were repeatedly punished with obvious comments, amateur advice and redundant insults.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Haters may have to hate, but ostriches...

Head in the sand, Koolaid drinkers, deniers, Jpop worshipers and the list goes on. I get it guys. We're all stupid, weak people and you believe we're doing nothing.

Arm chair quarterbacking weak on insight is much of what I read. And its double jeopardy as we battle the Jpop wall on one side and Pinside on the other.

I don't discount everybody's comments but I often feel shame and humiliation from many of you.

Quoted from RomstarArkanoid:

There are many other threads that can be read. If you can't stand a few, drain them.

I have a lot invested here, more so than someone with a keyboard and a cup of coffee. And I'm the one that should drain this thread?

So please, everyone, continue to comment as you see fit. I'll try to present my comments better and am only asking you do also.

#5491 8 years ago

My mistake. Nevermind.

#5691 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I. Will. Stop. Now.

NO. YOU. WILL. NOT.

Edit: Pinside maybe but certainly not the owners group. I will spam your email and auto dial your phone.

#5840 8 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Guys, the only thing right now that will light a match under John's butt is my creating a new thread in the general "All" section about him stealing money from Cointaker and GLM. A thief deserves to be (at the least) called out for it.
No one reads this thread. The mods banned me because they did not read the following:

Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

But GLM and Cointaker might not want that, I don't know.
What do you guys think?

I am astonishingly embarrassed for you.

#5919 8 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

Maybe, but there is now a private Facebook page for the owners. They no longer have to publicly communicate their frustrations to each other in front of everybody here. I am actually glad that they have that venue to talk in private without us all pouring fuel on the fire.

Thank you saying that and understanding.

If you're a Jpop customer and interested in joining the owners group please shoot me a private email. I'll need to verify your Zidware participation and then send you an invite. We have over 40 members now but it would seem not everyone is aware of our groups existence.

One person who does know about our group is Jpop and the significance behind it. Rome wasn't build in a day but shit is happening.

#5939 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Do what I did and create a Facebook account for only this reason. Use whatever name you want and attach it to an email used for nothing else. I never use Facebook either... other than this group.

I have a fake Facebook account under my alter ego, porno name, Peter Goezenya.
Mike Hunt also seems popular...

#5941 8 years ago

I'm gonna hate myself for this one but someone should sign up as, Jay Popped.

#5977 8 years ago

He may have lost money on Predator but not a penny with Jpop.

His post here is a secondary attempt to manipulate himself into the private owners group. His first attempt failed in an embarrassing way.

You would not believe how many Pinsiders have tried to get in. This guy and Kaneda were more entertaining than most..

#5979 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Seriously? So you are saying he isn't even an owner?

Yes, that's what I'm saying. I'm sure he'll protest.

#5995 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So I don't personally see how legal proceedings will help anything other than permanently kill it and create some theater for the spectators of this thread. But it won't recover any money.
The key is we do not send him any more good money after bad. He's going to have to figure out a way to finance the completion of the games that doesn't include more money from us, he's lost that privilege.

I cannot emphasize enough the solid reasoning behind this statement. Frolic understands perfectly the *real world* situation we are presently in.

Under those real world parameters, what helpful suggestions might Pinside have for us?

#5999 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You are 100% totally WRONG.
He is 100% legit.
If you are so confident I will wager you $100

I'll take that wager.

All he need do is send me proof of his Magic Girl ownership. He already knows how to do this from our email exchange.

If you agree say so now and I will give him one week from today to do what should take him 5 minutes via an email.

Quoted from Pinballs:

I've lost $4.75k on Predator, and $20k+ on MG and RAZA.

#6009 8 years ago

Can we please stop with the talk about jail or criminal charges. This is a civil matter. It would be a fools errand for any DA to purse criminal charges.

#6058 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm amazed with the amount of sympathy he still gets from all of this.

Prove that statement. Show us in recent months where this amazing amount of sympathy for Jpop is.
What a crock of shit.

#6059 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm amazed with the amount of sympathy he still gets from all of this. It's like saying the grifter's lucky that we gave him the $ in a duffel bag that fits in the overhead compartment of his private jet.
We just need to keep "hope". Unless "Hope" is the name of a judge who's doing a court order to give out refunds, nothing's going to change. I thought iceman gave John a kick in the pants to change it for the better.

#6061 8 years ago

That may be, Froloc, but the overwhelming content of your comments have been critical of Jpop. And one person does not make a crowd. I will add that your critical comments here and on the blog have been spot on.

What he posted is Pinside drivel.

#6065 8 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I'm thinking that these are some of the cheerleaders.

Cheerleaders.png

Excellent point. I was viewing the comment from the owner's perspective, which we are pissed off, and based on Pinside comments only. Those cheerleaders I believe are on the outside fringe of this controversy.

#6068 8 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

I'm thinking that these are some of the cheerleaders.

Cheerleaders.png

I'm actually nauseous reading those cheerleading comments. I quit reading that blog long ago. Today is going to be a long freaking day.

#6177 8 years ago

It's 16K each and he has collected from 19 people. Additional buyers are on a waiting list with nothing invested. Total limited to 50. At this time...

#6191 8 years ago

I’m pretty creative at problem solving and I’m fairly knowledgeable about business and finance. So yesterday I spent some time Googling crowdfunding and taxes. I need to verify this with my CPA but I like what I found. In brief, losing money in a crowdfunding deal is a legal tax deduction just like any investment loss. And for any tax bracket.

Here are two notable paragraphs cut and pasted.

"The Tax Implications of Equity Crowdfunding in the U.S.
Crowdfunding is a term used often in the startup space. Depending on the context in which it is used, it refers broadly to crowd-sourcing donations, securing financial contributions for a start-up in exchange for perks, pre-sale of a development-stage product in order to finance production, or a general solicitation for the sale of equity interest in a startup organization

"B. Capital Losses
Capital losses are realized when an equity stake in a company is sold for less than its original purchase price or the company in question declares bankruptcy. The shareholder can write off short or long-term capital losses, depending on the life of the organization in question or the duration for which the shares were held. Short and long-term are measured by the same standards for losses as they are for gains.
If capital loss is greater than net capital gain in a given year, up to $3,000 of the net loss can be offset against regular income in order to reduce tax exposure. If your capital loss exceeds $3,000 or your taxable income without the capital loss deduction is less than zero, you may carry the deduction over to the next year. Capital gains and losses should be reported on Schedule D of IRS Form 1040

You can read the entire article here. http://www.lawforchange.org/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=6362

Now I don’t want Jpop to go tits up on this. My first choice at this point would be a refund so I can get off this roller coaster. My second choice would be delivery of a fully functional machine. But as a disaster recovery I see great satisfaction here.

As always, I never mind being proven wrong and I love to learn. So please feel free to dispute my findings. - Any CPA’s have a clue here?

#6193 8 years ago

I haven't a clue about that and always depend on my CPA for the fine print details.

Edit/Add: In re-reading the description of crowdfunding, I don't think so. It seems to be treated as an investment.

Quoted from Mr68:

it refers broadly to crowd-sourcing donations, securing financial contributions for a start-up in exchange for perks, pre-sale of a development-stage product

#6207 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

NOW I am left with the idea of discussing a possible tax right off for "2015" with my C.P.A

Let's wait for the fat lady to sing. I was only presenting a possible rescue plan. And a pretty decent one I think. Until someone shoots it down, I find comfort in it.

#6217 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh you definitely can make that argument and drop it on the return. I wouldn't want to get audited though. The IRS is so F ed up right now they can't even answer taxpayer phone calls.
You can also say that Jpop is so disorganized that he just never got around to issuing the LP units and the K-1's every year and as a minuscule "crowd funding" LP interest owner you just never realized it, all you ever really cared about was getting your "future profits". The dumb sumbitch never sent me my LP units or K-1's, what can I say!
We could make him go back retroactively, amend all of his returns, admit that this whole thing really was just a "crowdfunded sham" that went wrong.

I try to minimize stress in my life and that would be like the Sword of Damocles. No thanks.

#6292 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Lots of righteous indignation but not a lot of action.
At this point I'm more frustrated with you owners not taking a more active role in getting action than I am with Popaduik. Maybe the super-sekrit club house on Facebook should organize a get-together at Zidware and make some demands in person.
But I guess everyone is too busy? Or can't be bothered?
That's how Popaduik wins and continues to dick around with your million dollars without a care in the world.

Maybe you should talk about things you're fully informed on.

#6295 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How's that private group working out? Are you getting anywhere?
Doesn't sound like it from here.

Its call private for a reason.

#6316 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I wonder if JPOP's wife knows he's effing hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars each?

I think its probably best she be left out of the discussion.

#6326 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

XXXXXXXXX- John's cell
Maybe others can try and reach him as well. Not that he'll answer but at least you can make your sentiments known via message or text.
Somehow, some way, he's going to have to hand these projects off to somebody else that will take them and run with it. The sooner the better. That's the only glimmer of hope in my mind, and its a very faint glimmer at that.

Nice Doug. That phone will be disconnected by tomorrow from random Pinsiders abusing it. You just screwed those of us who needed it.

#6328 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I've been waiting to see if u would post that... My suggestion is just lots of texts!!! But I don't own a throw away phone

Top ten all time cowardly post.

#6336 8 years ago

That's not the point. Iceman just threw a match on a volatile situation.

#6345 8 years ago

**"I've been waiting to see if u would post that... My suggestion is just lots of texts!!! But I don't own a throw away phone"**

I see you edited your post. That's you original comment. A throw away phone is what I called cowardly.

#6348 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Texting him is harrasment...I don't own a throw away phone means I'm not doin it!

What Jpop game are you paid on?

#6361 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If anybody wants the number just email me.
I'd like to know why we have to protect his secrecy? That's kind of a joke isn't it.

Well, Pinside loves its drama so here we go. I've been quiet about this but no more.

Let’s begin with Iceman posting Jpop’s phone number on Pinside. The owners already have this number and it’s available on his web page. So what was his purpose? In my opinion he only wanted to incite the crowd. He wants people with no financial interest in this project harassing Jpop. Flood him with text messages was an immediate suggestion posted here from an outsider. And with a throw down phone. This boggles my mind.

For what purpose, why is Iceman doing this? Because Jpop cut him off and his ego is hurt. He’s acting immature and this is nothing but spite.

How do you guys feel being manipulated by this man to do his bidding? Are you incapable of independent thought?

Now we come to why Jpop cut him off and if you go back in this thread you can find my quote where I predicted he’d fail. According to Jpop, Iceman was phoning him intoxicated. Repeatedly calling and when not getting through leaving inebriated voice messages. Things eroded quickly as you can imagine.

So what have I done behind the scenes while Iceman has been grandstanding here on Pinside?

I flew to Chicago a month ago and met with Jpop face to face as representative of the owners group. This was a very uncomfortable meeting for Jpop I promise you. I don’t yell but I’m direct and forceful. Last week I file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General. This past Tuesday Jpop was served with my demand letter via courier, signature required.

**Note to Jpop. I hope you're reading this cuz I'm just getting started.

Iceman has only made phone calls and then brag on Pinside his version of events.
There’s more I could reveal but I think you have the gist of things.

It’s fine with me if you guys want to follow him and believe him to be a hero. But you might want to look closely at who your leader is.

Edit/Add Post 6389 below:

Quoted from Mr68:

I'm withdrawing my official complaint against Jpop and will excitedly continue on with Magic Girl and RAZA.
I cannot and will not explain further. No private emails please.

#6365 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I've had someone tell me he doesn't even respond to certified letters, just throws them in the trash. Unless it's court ordered something, I believe John feels like its a free world he doesn't need to respond.

That could be but that's out of my control. Establishing a paper trail and documenting everything is what matters at this point.

#6390 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I flew to Chicago a month ago and met with Jpop face to face as representative of the owners group. This was a very uncomfortable meeting for Jpop I promise you. I don’t yell but I’m direct and forceful. Last week I file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General. This past Tuesday Jpop was served with my demand letter via courier, signature required.

I'm withdrawing my official complaint against Jpop and will excitedly continue on with Magic Girl and RAZA.

I cannot and will not explain further. No private emails please.

#6404 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Regardless, I find that you making the first post which was ripping on others and telling folks to be careful of who they follow, and talking big of how you are going after jpop, and then posting something along the lines of "I'm 100% in and don't ask why", as being flippant and disingenuous.
IMO, it would have been better if you just left the thread then make a post like that.

I agree with you. It was an impulse comment I made and I regret posting.
My sincere apology to all and I will try to be more careful in the future.

#6408 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

so much so he doesn't even want to reveal his big news to other owners,

Owners group has been informed and I have already apologized for that comment.

Quoted from Mr68:

I agree with you. It was an impulse comment I made and I regret posting.
My sincere apology to all and I will try to be more careful in the future.

#6461 8 years ago

This will be the first thread I've ever drained or hidden on Pinside. I have too many regrets both past and present. Especially today. To those of you I have offended, I apologize and that includes you Iceman.

Whether I was right or wrong, I spoke from my heart and with the best knowledge I had. And some times I spoke from anger.

It’s sad the way we all tear into one another on here when we’re supposed to be kindred spirts. I felt so smug this morning posting my long winded comment and even my follow up comment reversing course. Now I’m just disappointed in myself.

I've also resigned from the private owners group and they will continue on without me.

Time for me to step away and evaluate my behavior. Sincere best wishes to all.

#6565 8 years ago

Hi guys, I’m only temporarily back in this thread and will most likely drain myself again later. I would have been back sooner but I had to ask the moderators to instruct me on how to undo my drain. I also wanted to see how this would play out.

Prior to draining myself in this thread you may remember I posted how I was done with Jpop/Zidware. Later on I reversed course and (inappropriately) posted how I was staying in with Jpop.

In between those two postings I received a private message. The first message you will read was titled "WISH YOU HAD BEEN MORE PATIENT" with a smiley face as the message. This was in response to my first comment of being done and dropping out on Jpop.

It’s almost as if he's gloating that I'm going to miss out on something.

My response to him as you read further was: *"Did you read my last post. "*. The post I was referring to was the second one where I said I had changed my mind and was staying in on Jpop. You can follow the conversation from here. (I have removed the screen shot and replaced it with the text.)

Deeproot: Yes and not happy. We are doing something the pinball world has never seen before and all I needed was the people involved to keep quiet. It seems (from your sudden change in tune) that JPop did not respect that wish. I don't know what you were told but I request that you keep it quiet and I will make it worth your while down the road. We have and are actively monitoring all public boards and intend to take action against those who have equally flaunted their own covenants with Zidware.

That'll be the short of it until we are ready to make everything public.

Regards,

Mr68: So your threatening me?

First of all, I don't respond well to threats. Especially from an unidentified individual. Secondly, the Zidware contract has been voided in so many ways its unenforceable.

That said I'm a man of my word and I know how to be confidential. If you'd like to begin this conversation over again I'd be please to do so. And you will find me very pleasant to deal with.

Other than that we don't have much to talk about.

The ball is in your court and I hope to hear back from you.

Deeproot: The comment you are referring to was not directed at you.

Regards, dT

Edit: I was warned the image could have some personal information so I've taken it down.

#6571 8 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

But hey man don't pull out of this thread. I have really appreciated your point of view even when I don't agree.

I appreciate that but I'm approaching burn out. The last few days I've made some stupid mistakes here and on the the owners group. This shit is taking a toll on my personal life.

But thank you for the kind thought.

#6573 8 years ago

Before some of you condemn Jpop for working with Kaneda consider Kaneda is merely a sycophant. At least that's my view of him.

#6577 8 years ago

John, I have no proof Jpop is or isn't working with Kaneda. I worded my comment poorly.

#6599 8 years ago

I need some thumbs up so I'm calling my second account Aurich

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#6610 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I seriously doubt that this is a case where JPop sought out the services of Kaneda. I'd guess quite the opposite: Kaneda probably started sending messages to John telling him how he could help him out with marketing. Probably didn't cost JPop a penny, which is right up his alley.

Bingo. Head of the class!

#6719 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody tried selling their pre-order spot?

Yes. Four months ago I found a buyer for Magic Girl. I had two buyers wanting it actually. In a comedy of errors it took Jpop 3.5 months to get the contract to the buyer I decided to go with. That would be 3.5 months of me calling and emailing Jpop to perform a simple task.

When the new buyer finally got the contract he didn't like the terms and expected me (as the seller) to go back to Jpop and negotiate the contract flaws. AFTER THREE AND A HALF MONTHS of me dealing with Jpop in Wonderland!!!

I politely declined, he misread one of my email comments and accused me of trying to scam him.

In the meantime, my other buyer bought someone else's Magic Girl spot. I'm not going to name anyone but both of them follow this thread.

#6755 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It was such a hit, they could hardly give them away when they first came out. But at least there wasn't much of a wait if you wanted one.

Please don't forget the code on CV was terrible in 1997 when the game first arrived at arcades. This was also a dying era of pinball prior to Williams closing this division a mere two years later. When Cirqus Voltaire was born, video was killing the pinball star.

Long after Williams ceased production of CV, some brilliant and generous person released the home roms and made this game a classic in my opinion.

The only thing I don't like is some of the video modes which I simply cancel out of by hitting both flipper buttons. I even like the artwork which many people call gay. Another reason people hate it which disturbs me on a different level.

Enough said.

#6757 8 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Just curious, how bad what the CV code prior to the home rom? I own a CV and have the recent home rom which is great but never played one with the old code. What was missing or incomplete?

Ouch, that's gonna be a complex answer and I don't feel qualified to respond. Anyone else?

I will only say, don't look back.

#6766 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

greatest pinball ever

That would be an EM, right?

#6898 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm thinking that almost none of the current owners would agree to this unless it is shown that JPop has some type of investor that will basically be taking over the project.

Majority of owners are already behind this idea should it happen.

#6910 8 years ago

But is Jpop behind this idea? Would he ever be?

He already is and has spoken about it for a long time now.

John seems to not be able to accept help, yet is waiting for someone to magically swoop in to save the day.

John Popadiuk lives in a magical world. - I mean that in the worst way.

#6983 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

win a judgement.

Thats the easy part and costs $$$. Collecting the judgment is a whole new nightmare. It then becomes a question of throwing good money after bad.

Quoted from jonnyo:

Anyone sent him a certified letter with return receipt demanding a refund?

Yes, I did and simultaneously filed a complaint with the Illinois State Attorney General. Nothing but stonewalling since and I now envision him hunkered down in the Zidware Oval Office composing an enemy's list.

#6988 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What happened with this?
Are you back on board the jpop stinks train?

I appreciate your question but I'll have to let my recent comments speak for themselves. There are reasons for my flip flopping but I've embarrassed myself enough in this thread in doing so. - I hope at least a few here will understand. Thanks

#7039 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Normally I'd redact that...but it is so pertinent I'm going to let it stay. Another mod may not agree as it does have personal identification info

How is this pertinent to Pinside? Please explain. As a disgruntled Jpop customer I have had this document saved on my computer for months now. Over a year maybe along with a lot of other documentation. And I have it available to the owners group.

Yes, this is open information but posting it to a public forum smacks of vigilantism and its totally unnecessary. This is another reason why Pinside is so disgraceful and now we have a moderator condoning this lowbrow behavior.

#7217 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Hello all - I'm the artist on JPOPs 'recent' machines - I haven't heard for him in a few weeks and started doing some diggin which led me here - can someone summarize what is going on? thanks in advance!

Pinside has an email feature, upper right hand comer by your name and avatar. I've just sent you my phone number and strongly encourage you to call me.

#7238 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Forgive me but how can we believe you are Yeti?

He is who he says he is. I just got off the phone with him and he is joining the owners group.

1 month later
#10699 8 years ago

I've been asked by Pinballs to return to this thread to verify his participation as a Jpop buyer. And I'm glad to do just that.

It was long over due but this morning he finally sent me proof via private email. Now that I have validation I've also accepted him in joining the private owners group on Facebook.

Welcome, John. I know Facebook is a pain in the ass but the more of us the better.

1 week later
#12943 8 years ago

Magic Girl on the road to Tacoma WA. for the NW Pinball show this weekend.

monkee.jpegmonkee.jpeg
#13115 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you haven't read about it yet, several Predator pre-orderers appear to be receiving refunds to their paypal accounts. Prior to this, some were successful with charge-backs through their credit cards, but now it appears that Skit-B is actually processing the refunds. Fingers crossed everyone gets made whole, and though it's not related to jpop, maybe there's still hope of people getting some money back.

Apples and oranges.

#13430 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I have wondered why you & Mr68 always seem to be soooooo quick to doubt Real owners & quickly scrutinize their claims ?? Edit I meant VW not Rommy even though I quoted his post

Because I've had several Pinsiders try to bullshit their way into the private owners group.
It's pathetic how desperate some people are to butt into other people's business.

Pinballs had been verified by the way.

#13552 8 years ago

It's flawed thinking but human nature to view life and judge others from their own personal situation. If they can't afford a $16000 game then nobody can or should. Or there must be only a very few buyers and they must be stupid.

There are a lot of wealthy people, even in the pinball world, who will think differently than you.

#13561 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

No it's just most are too polite to point out that it's people simply speculating and hoping for a big payout..."wow only 19 made - it'll be worth 40k a month after they are delivered!".

That's the past. I'm talking about the new the Pintasia deal people are negatively commenting about.

Oh, and I disagree about people being polite here. Lol.

#13723 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Well I guess the good news is should Pintasia bring a programmer onboard now, he would have two years to produce the software. Game can ship with COMPLETE CODE.
Bill is beginning to capture my attention.

Pintasia already has a plan for the programming. And I have a programmer with tons of experience that has volunteered if needed.

The way the community has come together now that Popadiuk is out is amazing. And I know additional people could be assembled to help in various ways.

#13813 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Curious why someone that has paid for either of these machines hasn't brought a receipt and law enforcement to claim them.

#13814 8 years ago

duplicate deleted

#14010 8 years ago
Quoted from CubeSnake:

WoW......just wow. This thread is an excellent study of human nature. It's got everything...greed, anger, pride, pathos, pity, envy....just name it.

You forgot alcohol. And Otis.

435779081_1280x960.jpg435779081_1280x960.jpg

#14103 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Yea, on this forum that's impossible to enforce though. I assume thats why there is a private facebook group..

That's exactly why the owners group was formed on Facebook. We needed a reasonable environment away from the Pinside noise to strategize. And even though members will disagree with one another we don't have to sift through paranoid speculation or non-owners yelling. Or the redundancy of drive by commentators.

And despite Iceman's obsession in personally discrediting me at every chance, he flat out lied when he recently said the group has failed. I will repeat that for clarity, Iceman lied.

The group is doing very well and has grown in population each week. Bill Brandes of Pintasia is there and so are vendors that worked with Jflop. We are getting as complete and accurate picture as possible and we can discuss things in a rational manner. Good things are happening there and I expect that to continue.

If you're a Popadiuk victim I encourage you to join us. Strength in numbers.

Send me a private message. I will instruct you on sending proof and how to proceed.

#14112 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Unfortunately, that group also appears to be devoid of people who saw what you guys didn't see."

On what do you base this? Please state your proof. Or is this more Pinside "facts"

#14116 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Does anyone even know where the actual MG prototype #1 is going?

Yes. Work on the machine continues. It is presently on its way or most probably already arrived at another volunteers location. It did not go with Bill and these ridiculous conspiracy theories really need to end.

#14278 8 years ago

Right now we are in a wait and see on Pintasia. And for me personally, I'm burned out and I have my real life to attend to.
There is no secondary group, Rommy.

#14343 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Kim I can't imagine. I have been friends with you for years. I remember your excitement about Jpop and I was freaking out loving the BHZA idea looking over every detail on the website.
All of the extra kicks in the gut must be giving you an ulcer.

Nah, I'm burned out on running the owners group, behind the scenes efforts, private emails, phone calls and such. Battling Pinside is the most taxing.

Some of the guys here are so arrogant and insensitive with their know it all comments. I keep reminding myself that each one of you has made a bad decision or two. Or a hundred... Nobody's perfect, even Warren Buffet has had his share of failures. And yet many of you sit in judgment seemingly oblivious to your own past misfortune. Or at least that's the way many of you come off.

And the chronic posters that live here make me believe they must lead such tiny lives. The only satisfaction they get is gossiping about other peoples misfortune and judging them. Or boasting of how something like this could never happen to them. The unspoken hypocrisy is thick in this thread.

And the redundancy, oh my gawd, the redundancy here.

I'm actually at peace with the lost money and have been for a while now. It was hobby money and its been gone for 4 years or so. It's loss has zero effect on my lifestyle or my family. And I don't mean to sound cavalier about losing a lot of money. I intend to hound John Popadiuk into the poor house. But I'll do on my terms and not based on any of the moronic suggestions in this thread.

FYI. Over 14,000 comments in this thread and I cannot recall a single one of them that I found helpful to the owners.
(The term "Owners" for all of you witty critics, is a euphemism. Good grief)

Rant off.

#14386 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I didn't "lie" about anything re the "private forum group" being "dead". When I signed up for it and then left it, I did it because I didn't like the "private" nature of it.

That's not how I remember things going down but I don't see any reason to argue about it.

Quoted from iceman44:

You also did a good thing when you flew to Chicago to find out what the heck was going on a few months ago.

Thank you. About the only thing I learned was John Popadiuk is a liar face to face, one on one.

Quoted from iceman44:

I'll wish you nothing but good fortune and success in the future. Maybe one day we can have a positive/happy conversation about pinball.

I appreciate the peace offering and accept. Meet me at Expo for a mano a mono drinking contest. I'll have whiskey and you can have your usual umbrella drink.

Let the bromance begin.

#14391 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

...You're comparing the people who pre-ordered MG/RAZA/AIW to Warren Buffet?

Yes I am. Its human to make mistakes and we are all human.
Like the mistake you made in not understanding that point.

#14478 8 years ago

PDXMonkey has more credibility and respect from me than all of you sideline standing guttersnipes put together. He has gone above and beyond in his efforts to salvage this project for everyone. Things even the owners group on Facebook are unaware of.

I'm not going into detail but he has found out the hard way about trusting someone he thought was his friend.

And someone else posted a long detailed review many months ago in this thread about playing Magic Girl. I may be able to find it but I'm not going to spend all day.

I am proud to say that PDXMonkey is my friend. A new friend that I have gotten to know very well through out this ordeal.

#14481 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

He NEVER had the capacity to produce those machines.. not since day one.
Most of the community here realized it, but you all didn't want to listen to your peers, friends and fellow enthusiasts, so y'all shut yourself off in a private sphere told yourself how awesome this was going to be.

So you're telling me that I was warned and had all of this present day information four years ago. And I'm so stupid that I went ahead anyway. What a complete crock of shit.

Yours is delusional thinking using the benefit of hindsight.

#14494 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

And you call me delusional?

Yes.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I won't waste any more time trying to be the voice of reason here.

Thank you.

2 months later
#17221 8 years ago

I’ve been vacationing from this thread and thought I’d poke my head in to see what great advice I can glean from the geniuses of Pinside.

So some of you believe we should take time off from our busy lives and travel hundreds of miles to begin a campaign of harassing the news media. Wow, that sounds neat-o and so simple and quick to do.

Here’s an amusing but possible scenario.

(Reporter)
- Hi guys, the police warned both of you yesterday to no longer come within 500 feet of our establishment.

(Man wearing Stern t-shirt holding a cardboard sign “Where’s the Code”)
– "Listen Mr. Reporter, John Popadiuk stole our money and we demand a feature story!”

(Reporter)
– "Yeah, you told us that every days since last week. We Googled Popadiuk and all we could find is he’s some kind of “Peen-ball” designer".

(Man wearing MMR t-shirt with cardboard sign that reads "Lost on Predator and all I got was this lousy T-shirt")
– "Yeah!!!, Popaduik stole our money!"

(Reporter)- "How much?"

(Stern T-shirt guy) - "$10,000 !!!"

(Reporter) - "Umm, that’s not exactly Bernie Madoff money is it…."

(Stern t-shirt guy take a swig of schnapps from pint in back pocket)
– “Yeah but there’s more than a hundred victims he stole from!!”

(Reporter) - "Uh yeah but I only see you two guys with card board signs. And Bernie Madoff had over 3 million victims worldwide, so again not feeling the excitement here"

(Reporter) – "Look guys, go home. We’ve got a story to do about a woman who lives with 300 cats and her husband was abducted by a UFO."

FYI: I flew to Chicago months ago and confronted Popadiuk. After that I allowed some events to play out and then turned everything over to an attorney in Chicago. We are now proceeding through the court system.

Of course I wish to legally prevail but quite frankly I’ll simply wait and let my lawyer handle the dirty work. If I never see a penny, I have no problem in throwing good money after bad to make a point. It is after all, my money to spend as I see fit.

And I don't need your sympathy nor advice.

In the meantime I’ve gone back to my life and things are pretty damn good.

#17227 8 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Is JPop talking to anyone at all at this point?

The way he has shut out so many people that I know, my instincts tell me he has gone full Nixon, oval office seclusion, 1972.

- "I'm am not a crook"

#17259 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

In hindsight, I wish the pinball insiders who knew what he's like (even as a pinball designer and nil else he nearly buggered up his projects) had bothered to tell us chumps these facts, as I wouldn't then have touched this flake with a bargepole.

According to Pinside (in this thread) EVERYBODY knew Popaduik was a flake in advance INCLUDING US!!! But we were so stupid and greedy we proceeded anyway....

A judgmental Pinside, with the benefit of hindsight, making hateful, inaccurate comments about fellow collectors is my frustration.

Popadiuk is a grease stain on the bottom of my shoe.

#17274 8 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Whatever happened to his best bud, StevenP?

I can speak to that as Steve and I worked together behind the scenes trying to salvage this fiasco.

In brief he was also duped. And Steven's disappointment was the worst kind. He believed and trusted his friend only to discover that things were not as he was led to believe. And if any of you out there has ever been betrayed by a friend you can understand the disappointment and confusion that goes with it. I'm out the money but in some respects, Steven has lost more.

Heres another thing I learned from all of this. John Popadiuk is not only a liar but he uses and manipulates people. Uses everybody it seems and he's very good at it.

The lost money is simply a way of keeping score. Popadiuk's real crime is being a horrible human being.

Note to John Popadiuk: Just so you know this isnt some anonymous poster on Pinside. My real name is Kim Mitchell and you know who I am. See you in court.

(Edit) Figuratively "see you in court". My attorney will be there but I'm not going to waste my time.

#17328 8 years ago

In the hierarchy of failure, some of us look down on you Alice in Wonderland people.

DSCN1336.jpgDSCN1336.jpg

#17405 8 years ago

Oh my gawd, I quit reading his blog 6 or 8 months ago. Maybe longer... Why in the world would I waste my time ranting to the deaf, dumb and blind? The only time I think about Popadiuk is when I come to this thread for my dose of insults from the peanut gallery.

You guys still read his drivel??

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad some of you are still reading and posting there. But I'm a big believer that actions speaks louder than words and that's why I'm suing him.
- Get on an airplane and go confront him at his shop as I did. Chicago Expo is coming up???

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Bravo; my biggest surprise is 100 people have not already posted sentiments to this effect on the blog (or wherever John can see) already!

Bravo; Way to once again snipe from the sidelines with a uninformed generalization.

#17406 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some tax write-off advice popped up on RGP for folks who lost money on JPOP:

Thank you for posting this. I will follow up with my CPA.

Quoted from iceman44:

Oh I'm definitely writing this off on my tax return.

How is it is a CPA, lawyer and financial consultant didn't already know this?

#17408 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just stating it for the record Kim. That mitigates the loss somewhat, and partly why I don't care about suing him. There are enough plaintiffs taking their swings at him and I wish all the best to you guys and I hope you hammer his ass.

Nice Doug, that was a welcomed response and I am really warming up to you. I kinda regret posting it now...

#17413 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I hope you're not saying readers of this thread are deaf, dumb and blind?

I think you misread my comment. Here it is again.

Quoted from Mr68:

Why in the world would I waste my time ranting to the deaf, dumb and blind?

I'm saying Jpop is deaf, dumb and blind and I'd rather spend my energy in other directions than pounding on my keyboard.

Quoted from Pinballs:

I certainly would not confront him (without witnesses anyway). He calls the police and says I assaulted him.

When I confronted him I didn't stick my finger in his chest and breath fire. And thats not what I'm suggesting. Be direct, calm and act like an adult... Thats what I did.

But I'm glad you brought that up as I'd like to retract that suggestion. It's a much more hostile environment now than when I confronted him pre lawsuit.

#17429 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

LOL this thread has gone on so long we need to routinely have a montage/flash-back to remind ourselves of the epic journey...
Mr68 said:
According to Pinside (in this thread) EVERYBODY knew Popaduik was a flake in advance INCLUDING US!!! But we were so stupid and greedy we proceeded anyway....
A judgmental Pinside, with the benefit of hindsight, making hateful, inaccurate comments about fellow collectors is my frustration.
Popadiuk is a grease stain on the bottom of my shoe.
I think you know that's not true. In fact, when he first made his announcements almost everybody on pinside was cheering like WWII ended.
Someone should dig up the original threads. I know I was one of the very few who was skeptical of the whole deal from the beginning: no design team, making people to sign a NDA? I was viciously attacked for being a "hater." I can't remember if my stuff is still up or I edited it down after I was ganged up on. I know I steered clear of Pinside for quite awhile after that. There were a few people skeptical of the deal from the beginning, but there was a much greater wave of sycophants who didn't want to hear any voices of reason -- and that's what it was -- it wasn't like we were psychics. I'm not special. The writing was on the wall in the beginning. Making people sign a NDA was a huge warning sign. Not revealing the design and production team was another. Crazy how nobody wanted to talk much about that.
In the same "voice of reason" vein is my frustration over people who seem to think somehow they can reason with John and get him to magically reverse this course that it appears everyone who had personal dealings with him knows is pathological. Why bother worrying whether he apologizes or not? Even if he did, it would be meaningless. He has no intention of "making things right" with his customers unless someone else does it for him.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

It's really tiring, this argument you keep using that nobody is allowed to have an opinion unless they can solve everybody's problems instantly.
What kind of "justice" is this civil case going to accomplish?
If you look all around the world, any place where there were people hurting or defrauding others, it wasn't an isolated incident. It was usually an ongoing pattern. People who take advantage of others will continue to do so until they are stopped. Every time someone is victimized, they have a choice: turn the other cheek and let it go, or stand and fight and try to keep the person from causing more harm to others. People that are attacked in "civil" proceedings rarely go on to be upstanding citizens later. They just wiggle out of the mess, and then move onto another scheme. Look at all the companies all around the world that do bad things to people - and they get fined... and then they go about their business. If those CEOs did jail time, things would stop. There's a big difference between civil justice and criminal justice. Just something to think about... and those who were victimized are at a point where they can make a choice. It's their choice to make. Not mine. Whether you like it or not, this is something that people do need to be made aware of if we as a community don't want to see these things continue to repeat themselves.
It's just something to think about. It's another perspective to the issue and the conversation.
One reason why this mess got so bad is because people like you Rommy, attacked anyone who didn't espouse your specific viewpoint. You shut out other perspectives. Customers retreated into a little private bubble and stroked each other on the back about how awesome the deal was, and refused to listen to other peoples' opinions. You're still doing it. Perhaps you should try something different and you might get different results?
The same thing goes for JPop. He closes himself off to anyone and anything that doesn't support his position. And he demonizes anyone with whom he disagrees. There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings all over the place over who thinks who is at fault, and it is exacerbated by the fact that nobody wants to hear what anybody else thinks...

What I was talking about was the "I told you so" people posting after the fact. The ones that jumped on the bandwagon after Popaiuk began missing deadlines. They come here and post insults now as if they knew all along as you're currently doing. Yes there were some doubters like Rarehero that posted skeptical comments from the beginning. I read them and they were calm speculation. Much of it was about the game being too expensive and how they could never afford it. Certainly not the name calling and insults that goes on now.

Good for you if you were really one of them but I sure don't remember you. Popadiuk began this in 2011. Do you have any of your quotes from then or 2012-13?

Also, Pinside is chock full of opinions, rumors and misinformation is it not. - But according to you, I should of thought back then, "Hey, that anonymous guy, PinballHelp in New Orleans is really God and I better worship him"

Let me tell you a true story and it most likely clouded my judgment with Popadiuk in the beginning.

Many years ago the internet was on fire with warnings to stay away from Big Bang Bar and Illinois Pinball. When Pigs Fly was the often chanted quote. Every screaming insult imaginable was posted on RGP and else where along with great predictions of failure. There were less than 150 buyers and the remainder of the pinball world was seemly against them. It was considered fact back then that these machine would never be made.

In 2007 I received a new in box Big Bang Bar. And not just any BBB but one of only 19 prototypes and the only one Illinois Pinball made in purple armor. Pictures of my BBB can be seen on the pinball database. Each picture of the machine is verified as a prototype and identified by my name, Kim Mitchell.

Here's a link: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+bang+bar&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5244

Home use only and I still have it today.

I checked your Pinside profile. I see you don't own a BBB nor have you ever owned one. Using the logic that many people in this thread have used, I will conclude that you're stupid for not having gotten in on the BBB deal.

#17446 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That is exactly what fuels the pre-order business model, and with great reward comes great risk.

Agreed. Thanks for re-wording what I said. Obviously you missed the larger point I was making.

Quoted from Methos:

Some of my investments have lost money lately, am I a victim?

If you gave money to your stock broker and lost in the market, no. If you gave money to your stock broker and he put it in his pocket, yes.

#17447 8 years ago

Hi all

Just a quick programming note and then I promise we’ll get right back to the insults of how feeble minded, and spineless myself and fellow J-Floppers are.

Some of you know that Iceman and I have locked horns a time or two. Or three... Recently I took an unnecessary shot at him and later regretted doing so. So I sent him a private apology which he graciously accepted. I’ve come to learn that the man has more personal depth than I gave him credit for. - And I appreciate his understanding.

Anyway, I like being upfront about things and thought I’d post that as an FYI. Disregard if that pleases you. - Programming note over.

OK. I'll now return this thread to all of you Minority Report precogs and your obtuse, condescending and pretentious ramblings.

#17463 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Hindsight is 20-20

We finally agree on something...

-I have no doubt the meaning of my BBB story went completely over your head. *whoosh*

#17464 8 years ago

By the way, Pinside. Be sure to contemplate and analyze this comment.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I know I was one of the very few who was skeptical of the whole deal from the beginning: no design team, making people to sign a NDA? I was viciously attacked for being a "hater." I can't remember if my stuff is still up or I edited it down after I was ganged up on.

Especially this portion.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I can't remember if my stuff is still up or I edited it down

Feel free to interpret that as you wish but I've been giggling of how obvious that comment is. And it speaks to credibility or lack of.

#17484 8 years ago
Quoted from BrianZ:

But I think those that invested wanted to be part of something, especially with JP; something new and exciting.

^^^This^^^ BBB buyers are first and foremost pinball people.

Quoted from Richthofen:

also didn't the project bankrupt gene?

No. Gene went bankrupt from his real estate investments and the financial recession of 2008. Bloomington Illinois is not exactly prime real estate even today. Also and more importantly, he totally mismanaged his inventory of Bally-Williams parts, molds, film, artwork etc. --In brief he did very little with it and simply horded everything.

BTW. Those Bally-Williams molds, film etc are the real reason why Planetary bought Illinois Pinball. Acquiring the Capcom stuff was simply a side issue along with Genes pinball collection. Pinside has a different version of the purchase however...

The myth that Gene lost a million dollars on making BBB thrives today and most likely always will. But there are a few of us that got close enough to the situation to have serious doubts. My guess is he made break even and maybe a little better.

#17509 8 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Back to your normal JPOP-bashing.

Its not just JPOP. The people that gave him money are being bashed and ridiculed here also. This was one of the issues that I confronted your friend about several months ago. To which JPOP acted dismissive and indifferent to.

Quoted from frobozz:

Just don't bring up Cameron again and I'll just fade back into lurk mode, OK?

Its difficult to believe or disbelieve Pinside comments. But you seem sincere so I will extend my deepest condolences to you and your son along with best wishes for your family's recovery.

#17514 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

To all pinside people. Stop using the term investing or investor. You don't invest in Ferrari by putting a deposit down or prepaying for products. That's what a pinball machine is, a consumer product just like any other. A investor invests capital into a company to get more capital back hopefully. Investing inherently assumes risk. Just because you lost money does not make it a investment loss. Pre-ordering or buying a product outright in America at least should have no risk and assumes you get what you paid for, that's why a lawsuit is possible.

Quoted from Tigger64:

I agree, I don't know why people even consider buyers as "investors" rather than customers.
Let's for a moment pretend that it all had gone well and "believe" that Jpop was successful and Zidware had shipped those three machines, was profitable and was making more new machines...
CUSTOMER:
If someone has paid money towards Magic Girl, then Zidware would have shipped it, MG would be in their house and the transaction would be complete. At that point there would be no further relationship with Zidware unless the person gave more money for another machine.
INVESTOR:
This implies that the person put down money for the long term. What do they get back for their money? If they put down MG money, then I assume they are expecting an MG, but what else?
Is there anything in the agreement where they would hold a share of Zidware until they sold out? Would they get a share of any future sales/profits? Did it say they were providing seed money to Zidware in hope they "might" create a machine, but there was risk of nothing ever being built.
Based on everything we've heard it appears to be the former: they were just simply a customer in a pre-order model.

Look, I agree with both of these comments but can we please give it a rest. Investor, customer, victim, these are simply euphemisms to describe certain people in this situation. Seems not too long ago that BC Gambit was mocking us for being called "owners" when we didn't really "own" anything. (He really fancies himself a superior, witty guy)

And for the record I don't like being called a victim. But if that helps others convey a point, go for it and move the conversation along.

#17519 8 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Come on, with a little work you could be more condescending...but fair point. So how's this:
John asked me a few times across the years to do some pinball programming for him nights and weekends (I think some of that even predated this latest debacle) but life was just too busy and complicated for me to even consider it. (And I'm talking normal day-to-day busy and complicated, not the extra stuff like finding out someone you thought was a good personal and family friend was really just doing all that to gain unfettered access to your sons.) John even just wanted us to come visit his shop and see what he was working on and sad to say I could never find any open weekend to do even that. Last I talked to him was well over a year ago, but recently someone pointed me to this thread.
I know absolutely nothing about his situation or what's going on or what he was thinking through all this, but I am personally all too familiar with the magical thinking that sets in when you quit your day job and throw your entire life into a struggling entrepreneurial adventure, banking your entire existence on fulfilling a dream. Things that seem so obvious to outside observers can't possible penetrate your cloud of hopes and aspirations. I know first hand that feeling that with just one break, just a little more money, just this tiny thing or that big thing, you'll be over the hump, the dream will come true, the future will be brighter. It just has to be, because the alternative is too bleak to consider - not only the dreams failed, but basic life itself crashing down in terms of food and shelter and existence. I had my "adventure" when I was much younger - no wife, no kids, no mortgage. It was a retail environment, where the biggest company hole you could possibly dig was a couple of months' rent and utilities, maybe a shipment or two from any supplier foolish enough to extend you credit - but it's easy to tell yourself those are all faceless corporate entities that build that sort of thing into their business plan. I can't even imagine the level of magical thinking required to start down that path with the middle-age responsibilities of a family, and with large sums of money taken from individuals to fund it. But John's artistical magical thinking was what generated all those other pinball machines you loved, so I guess there's my answer.
I'm not here as a John apologist. (Heck, I was trying to just be here as a lurker.) I know nothing more about this situation than what I've read in this thread, and it sounds pretty crappy for anyone that got involved. I just think that anyone who is imagining John as some evil genius scam artist has clearly not ever run their own struggling business. It warps your mind, it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, it can even ruin your life and the lives of others. My business partners and I ended our struggling business with a lot of personal debt, and it took me years to recover. I hope John similarly finds some way to eventually put everything right, though from the sound of things he hasn't reached the stage yet where the magical cloud blows away and he can see the situation for what it truly is.

I know very well the volatile peaks and dark valleys of being an entrepreneur. I spent more than a decade of nervousness, lost sleep and working a second job before I became a "overnight success". (Jealous friends claimed I "got lucky" as they suddenly realized I'd risen from beneath them and blew past)

So I do understand and also agree Jpop did not start out as an evil scam artist. And I actually have great sympathy for he and his family as I will never forget my struggles.

But the man sat three feet away from me and lied. Lies that I couldn't refute at the time but would later discover. Lies that influenced some of my comments in this thread. Lies and confusion that I took back to the owners group I was responsible for.

All of this compounded by being publicly shamed by insensitive and clueless Pinsiders. Imagine how I feel.

That said, I gave you a thumbs up as I agree with most everything you posted. And I compliment you on standing up for your children.

#17520 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

owners group

***ALERT, ALERT***

"Owners" is a euphemism and I was caught up in making a point. Be certain to add your insult anyway.
LOL

#17534 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Honestly, I was making that point to try to get people to stop looking themselves or others as "owners" (or heaven forbid investors) after the ship had obviously crashed and burned. Not something I took great pleasure in having to type out, but I felt it was a point that should be made at least once in this billion post thread.

Your comment of the obvious so elevated the sophistication of this thread that I forwarded it along to our attorney. Yesterday in a Chicago courtroom our lawyer proclaimed "Your Honor, the owners don't really own anything"

Fact is you've been a troll through out this threads history. Try owning what you really are and quit playing spin doctor.

#17536 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

If you want to dredge up every post I have ever made in this thread i would be willing to stand trial in the pinside court regarding whether I have been a troll throughout this thread's history.
I can't think of a constructive response back to you without being deliberately hurtful. You seem to be in either the "anger" or "grief" stage in terms of dealing with this crapfest, and that I can understand.
I honestly don't think trying to rub your face in your past posts in this thread would be particularly beneficial, if you choose not to extend me the same courtesy that is on you.

Feel free to quote my recent apology to Iceman. I don't like making mistakes but I take pride in self awareness and having the strength of character to own up to them. But thats just me.

2 weeks later
#17594 8 years ago

Nate, if this interview happens be prepared. Popadiuk is tangential in thought and speech. He will babble you down rabbit holes so be on guard to return him back on point. - I cannot stress this enough.

And if he goes into a trance like state and mentions the "Spirit of Pinball", please slap him for me.

#17632 8 years ago

I'm not going to listen to it but I'm assuming the lawyer will.

#17644 8 years ago

Hey everybody, maybe give Nate some slack. I understand your frustration but he's not a trial lawyer or a 60 Minutes investigative reporter. He's a pinball enthusiast and this was not a courtroom.

Nate probably went with his natural personality which is appropriate for him. And sometimes softball interviews can put a person at ease and they let their guard down.

I'm surprised Jpop's lawyer allowed this interview. (Edit) If the lawyer even knew.

#17652 8 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

"You know, like obviously in all of this (clears throat) you know , I...I...I need to apologize to everyone because it was not supposed to end up the way it is. Obviously I... you know, people who know me.. I am 52 now. Well I've had 50 years, or 51 years of no issues. You know, I just work, I pay my taxes, I've had 1 speeding ticket when I was 18, you know, never been in jail, never been convicted of anything, I mean just you know it's just not who I am. But I love making pinball and I like really doing that, but um no but I think um it kinda was um ugh ugh um, its an unfortunate series of events and obviously I'm responsible. You know, I'm the guy and I have to, I have to do my very best to, to not repeat the things I've done wrong and all of that and try and you know, try and make it right. I'm still excited everyday I get in, I obviously now have different things I have to worry about other than pinball making, but um no I think it was um it, from my side anyway, apart from you know "John's way off the schedule", and and and you know "He doesn't answer his phone" and things like that, but no it went to Pinball Expo last year and um we were um we had made a ..we had made a change in the Magic Girl artwork so kinda in the late summer, around that time the game just wasn't like, it just needed a small tweak, it needed a color tweak, and it needed just a few elements changed and and the reason I did it was to umm obviously get it done but I knew that this game is gonna be around a long time so its like well OK lets just do it..."

I see what you did there. You cut and pasted that from the Unabomber manifesto.

#17664 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

he admits he doesn't quite process reality in the same way that most of us do.

I would have rather trusted my money to Timothy Leary.

#17746 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Cut him some slack??? Why? He posted in this thread BEFORE the interview!!! He knows the situation JPOP created. This Nate guy should have grabbed JPOP by the dick and asked him the tough questions, but he straight up didn't have the balls. This "interview" was pathetic and worthless. What a waste of time.

Yes, lets vilify Nate. He's done nothing to give back to the Pinball community.
I've already call Human Resources. Nate will be docked a months pay and I have personally placed him on Double Secret Probation.

Look, theres nothing wrong with expressing disappointment here. But this macho posturing on the internet without consideration gets tiresome.

#17752 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He shouldn't have given John a forum to let him just come on and tell the same BS stories he's told all of us in the past.

Quoted from Mr68:

Look, theres nothing wrong with expressing disappointment here.

#17764 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

What was the point of the interview? To let John say whatever he wants? To let him ramble with excuse after excuse?

Yes, or at least the legal office of Zane Smith and his staff might believe so.

Quoted from Pimp77:

but TWO hours of drivel and zero pressing questions to make that snake squirm was disgusting to listen to.

Several people have posted how the found the interview appropriate and beneficial. A controversial interview should boost Nate's ratings despite cries of boycott.

#17797 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For me personally, I was sold on the mythology of "jpop". His "30 years" in the business. I figured if anyone could succeed at this, it would be him. Frankly, watching jpop early on made me lose confidence in Predator (another game I was in on) and thankfully got out of that.
He sent out a big "buyers kit" with 10 pages of legal documents, NDAs, a schedule... how would we know at the time that it was all a charade?
Then of course were the lies, some of the most recent ones I posted recently in this thread. You had a guy hiding his work, and lying about the rest.
Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't kick myself too much for being deceived then, we simply had no idea.

Agreed. October 22, 2011 John Popadiuk, my favorite pinball designer, was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame along with Mark Ritchie. It was a great way to launch his company in 2011.

It would only come out later that Jpop was conceived during an LSD orgy on top a nuclear waste dump. He was birthed by Swamp Thing, then raised and then abandoned by circus people.

(Edit) Cirqus people

#17827 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

hehe Libtard...hehe that's funny! Libtard.. hehe it's even funny to say! Drink the koolaid you sheeple! hehehe it's fun being a Libtard!

While I strongly object to my friend Greg being ridiculed as a Libtard, your reference to Koolaid and Sheeple stoops to the same level.
And the giggling in that quote takes you a step beneath.

No politics please.

Edit: I know its a quote from TV. But it was posted in retaliation and inappropriate.

#17836 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

his future is basically ruined.

I've posted about this before. I'd rather lose the money than be John Popadiuk right now. He's forever an outcast from the only world he has ever known. And in my opinion, he's his own victim as well.

But that won't stop me from cracking jokes at his expense. Its just my nature.

Emotionally I've move on from this entire fiasco. (other than the Pinside insults)

And as I've stated before, I'm uncomfortable in being called a victim. I got myself here...
So I guess I prefer being called a Jpop survivor if anything. ... groan, labels...

#17879 8 years ago
Quoted from homebrood:

C'mon Folks, Strange is Jpop!!!

Its kinda like Pee Wee in the biker bar and he disguises his voice..... "I say we let him go"

#17918 8 years ago

Gesundheit.

#17957 8 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

We all clicked this box when we signed up right?
"Reading and participating on Pinside is (and always will be) free, we ask only one thing of you: your acceptance of these community rules. If any content breaks the rules below, this content may be removed or edited by the moderators.
If you make a habit of breaking the site rules, you may see your account temporarily or permanently closed.
Rule number one: be nice!
It's really simple, when you're on the Pinside, we expect you to be respectful to others.
Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:
Name-calling.
Ad hominem attacks.
Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
Knee-jerk contradiction.
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Keep your contributions civil, tasteful and relevant (on the subject of pinball). The aim of Pinside.com: to provide the best place on the web for people who love pinball!
NO RACISM, NUDITY, VIOLENCE, THREATS etc.
Keep in mind that our kids are visiting here too. Let’s keep things PG13, okay? Leave those raunchy pics at the door.
NO FLAMING OR TROLLING
On Pinside.com, flaming means posting something that's angry and mean-spirited - the online equivalent of flying off the handle. Trolls say deliberately provocative things just to stir up trouble - it's not polite, so please don't do it. This includes using multiple identities to cause disruption and arguments. Multiple identities are not allowed on Pinside.com.
Pinside.com is meant to be a supportive and friendly place, so please help to keep it that way.
UNLAWFUL, HARASSING, DEFAMATORY, ABUSIVE, THREATENING, HARMFUL, PORNOGRAPHIC, SEXUALLY ORIENTED, RACIALLY OFFENSIVE, PROFANE OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE MATERIAL IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
All the types of content above break these community rules. Please don't post it, or you may find that your account has been closed."

Whats your point?

#17973 8 years ago

(regrets, I've had a few)

#17979 8 years ago

The Regret: Death’s Door Vodka or Gin, Lime Juice,
Rosemary – Served on the rocks.

#18025 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm gonna say this, you plaintiffs need to get a copy of that JOKE and get it to your lawyers.

That was done on the day the episode was aired via email. The legal team reviewed it shorty after.

Quoted from iceman44:

I have to somewhat apologize to Nate because he just let this DB ramble and crush himself.

I posted this 11 days ago, the day of the interview and caught flack for it.

Quoted from Mr68:

Nate probably went with his natural personality which is appropriate for him. And sometimes softball interviews can put a person at ease and they let their guard down.
I'm surprised Jpop's lawyer allowed this interview. (Edit) If the lawyer even knew.

#18037 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What is that status of the litigation?

We are under a gag order from the lawyer.

Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I don't think anyone thinks that those who lost money are stupid.

Thank you, Chis, thats a nice thought from you but this thread is proof otherwise. Us being called stupid by Pinside is probably one of the nicer expressions over the past year or so. I think a recent favorite was from Pinsider, PinballHelp (New Orleans) who called me and others sycophants. His intent was insulting but his misuse of a word beyond his skill level was both embarrassing and amusing.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

but there was a much greater wave of sycophants who didn't want to hear any voices of reason

#18068 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let's start a new thread comparing annual Federal income tax bills.....

Include a dick measuring contest and I'm in.

Quoted from iceman44:

Not really, I feel I don't pay my fair share and should be taxed a WHOLE lot more.

Why don't you pay a lot more then? My Liberal friends (who I respect) tell me we all need to pay more. (I'm a flat tax believer)
But when I suggest they forego any deductions they get all flustered. Or I inform them its perfectly legal to donate each year to the Treasury's Bureau of the Public Debt. As much as they like.

But no, it turns out they only want *other* people to pay more. (true of both party's)

- Talk is cheap. Especially on the internet.

#18072 8 years ago

#18074 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Top tax rate in NZ is 30%.

Top rate in the US is 40% (39.6). Then you add a state tax if applicable (average 7% my guess) and then a sales tax on any purchases. I'll let you guys do the math.

#18083 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Tort reform in Texas has crushed a lot of them

Oh my gawd, don't get me started on tort reform in this country. Enough detours guys.

- I thinks its best we return to bashing JFlop now or electing Wolfmarsh the Tape Measure Judge for our contest.

Edit/Add: Damn you TigerLaw and your speedy keyboard. - Agreed.

#18102 8 years ago

Mindless drivel and an exit.

Its time for me to drain this thread and this time for good. I’ve done this twice before but returned because I had a feeling of unsettled business here. Never say never I know, but this time it feels right for me.

I’m over this entire situation. Jpop is a sad, broken man who barring a miracle investor will be exiled from the only world he has ever known. His future is lawsuits, bankruptcy, public shame and obscurity.

Some of you think Jpop will show up at Expo this week. I strongly disagree. But if he were to appear I would calmly and quietly tell him how thoroughly disappointed I am in him. In the real world I've been in that exact situation before. So please spare me your keyboard comments.

And I wouldnt take away from the enjoyment of Expo to hunt him down either. Happenstance sure, I’ll talk to him. But like I said, I’m over everything. So don’t run up to me like a child at Expo and tell me if you see him.

And I hope I don’t witness anyone standing 10 feet away, pointing at him and repeatedly shouting "shame, shame, shame" as he walks by. How completely embarrassing that would be for those people in my view.

Life is all about lessons and here’s the only thing I’ve learned from this thread: I have a thin skin when it comes to personal attacks. I’m a bit surprised and disappointed in myself.

I hate it whenever I catch myself flashing my ego or bragging. Its a number one personal issue I'm self-critical of and unfortunately I've done it here in this thread. But some of the insulting and revisionist** comments from the peanut gallery caused me to react defensively and out they came. Thats not an excuse for my weak ego and bragging only an explanation.

Note to Iceman: Your bragging all over Pinside is legendary and boorish. Even when you think you’re being subtle about it. I'm not trying to pick a fight but wise up.

I hope some of you begin letting go of this situation and move along. We all have future battles including some failure and one day you’ll look back on John Popadiuk as simply a head shaking moment. Not for everyone but allowing this thread to begin its death spiral could be a good thing for many people.

Every one of us process life in different ways but burning the eternal flame of hate just isnt for me. I’ll let the attorney handle things from here and accept the courts decision with zero expectations.

I’ll hang here for an appropriate amount of time to read any response before disappearing. I've left myself open to criticism so fire away if needed.

Acknowledgment to Frolic. As fellow Popadiuk survivor with skin in the game, I’ve admired your steady hand in commenting and posting throughout this entire thread. Many of us should learn from your calm demeanor and style here.

**Revisionist Definition: To reevaluate and restate the past based on newly acquired standards**
- I think that definition is worth pointing out to so many judgmental people here.

1 year later
#20887 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

And mr 68 is probably sick to the stomach now mg's are ready for pickup

LMAO

#20997 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I would've given up 2 years ago.
Got to give him credit for that.

Disagree. Credit goes to the eleven people that stepped up and have an active lawsuit against Jpop. Without that he'd be sitting in his office right now re-designing rainbows.

#21222 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I understand the topic is personal... but I never took anything anyone said as John 'making' you.. but simply recognizing his project brought you to the pinball public's eye. Like a DJ playing a band's track that finally gets them the exposure that leads to their breakout.

I guess you missed the part where he wrote this:

Quoted from zombieyeti:

...Except 'sarcasm'. I take credit for my sarcasm. That's all mine. 100%!"

#21225 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I also happen to be a RAZA customer, and a plaintiff in the case suing Jpop (something I'm sure you would approve of).

This is my situation also. And I intend to legally hound Jpop forever.

In 2015 myself and 10 other people hired a Chicago attorney and we are currently suing Jpop. Nearly two years ago, we promoted on Pinside and Facebook that everyone should come join us. Eleven (11) people out of all of Jpop's victims, including vendors, joined in. What a pathetic turn out.

Iceman44, a lawyer and financial adviser no less, warned everyone to stay away at that time and declared that joining our lawsuit was stupid and a waste of time. He has also openly bragged on Pinside of how he has forgiven Jpop's debt and has no intention of pursuing money owed. In brief, Iceman has simply enabled Jpop's criminal behavior. That's lazy and lacks intelligence in my view.

And he is not the only "professional victim" that has just laid down here.

Good luck in rallying the troops, Whysnow. Some of us are already carrying them on our backs.

#21349 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

most people that buy bbb rarely ever play them bc they are afraid of lowering its value

I've had children standing on a stool play my BBB.

#21360 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Did i say every bbb was a collector piece that never gets played ..... ahh no i didnt.

Relax, I was just having some fun with the video. If I wanted to give you crap, this would have happened:

Quoted from bigd1979:

Most not all bbb are pretty low play from what ive seen

There's 192 Big Bang Bar's on the planet. How many have you seen?

#21384 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

AP, if you're reading, can you make 2 more machines?? The positive PR you would gain from doing so would be amazing, and increased Houdini sales would easily pay for the additional work IMO. Despite all the issues about MG, it is already an incredible thing that AP has done, and they are to be applauded for it.

Someone please feel free to correct me as I'm in the dark along with everyone else.

From what I've read on Pinside, it seems that AP has distanced themselves from Jpop. AP did not make these 19 Magic Girl machines, Zidware Jpop did. AP only manufactured the parts and materials in a barter situation with Jpop. Its my sense that Pintasia through their legal rights told AP to cease and desist. Someone posted the AP staff are not allowed to help Jpop in any way. They're not even allowed to step foot inside his area of the warehouse.

It is also my sense that Jpop may have conned another victim, that being AP. I'm speculating the Jpop did not disclose the Pintasia agreement and AP only realized WTF was going on until after lawyers became involved. AP realized their hands were legally tied and told Jpop, this is a far as we can go.

Therefore I don't believe AP will be compensating anyone at anytime for anything on Jpop's behalf. Nor should they if my speculation is correct.

Please someone help me here as I'm speculating based on Pinside speculation. Yikes. - I welcome correction and/or additional information.

#21393 7 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I assume so AP could save a bit of face, and/or they had signed an agreement with JPop and it was better to let him just play that part out to be free and done with JPoP once and for all. If only everybody else involved in this could be so lucky...
I obviously could be very wrong, but given what info is available this makes sense...

I would further speculate that Pintasia probably agreed to let this happen in negotiations. Maybe that's why Pintasia has received Apple and Zombie Yetti's Magic Girl machines.
Again, I'm talking out of my ass here and welcome correction.

#21396 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Where did you hear the Applejuice and Zombiyetti are getting machines? This is what we hope, but nobody stated that yet...

They're not getting their machines. Zombiyetti posted in this thread a couple of pages back.

Quoted from zombieyeti:

applejuice Rumor has it Bill/Pintasia was getting 2 machines as payment. That's where I'm guessing our machines went...

#21417 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was all public a while back that Kim was shopping it around at Expo time.

Total and complete bullshit.

#21425 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I seem to remember posts from you (which were then deleted) saying you were selling your spot

Total and complete bullshit.

#21454 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I was one getting on Kim for supposedly taking advantage of somebody in selling that MG via the private owners group
A big and regrettable overreaction on my part
Time to move on and at least some MGs are being opened and played now

Thank you Doug.

#21485 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry Kim. I thought I remembered that as public knowledge.
Well, did you end up selling your MG, or will I get to play it the next time I am in CO?

That's some F'd up memory you're apologizing for, Hilton.

Be advised, you're not welcome in my home under any circumstances.

#21492 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The posts were deleted

I didn't delete anything in this regard and I resent the implication. This is another lie.

Note to moderators and group. I'm done responding to Whysnow and have no desire to go private.

#21512 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who is supporting these 25 MG pins? Johnny himself? AP?
Parts? Service? Warranty?

No AP and its my understand that AP wants him out ASAP so they can recover and build their reputation as best they can.

Magic Girl is 100% Zidware / Jpop product, service and support. For tech help a soup can with string reaching to India will take your calls.

#21589 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually I think me being vocal that MG owners should get organized/legal was a good thing.

Yes, you coming in two years after we filed the lawsuit and you chanting "Get organised guys" is what really pushed things over the finish line. Your autograph should be clear coated on all playfields.

My gawd, you really don't get it.

#21601 7 years ago

My second Facebook account is, Peter Goezinya. - Ladies only please.

#21656 7 years ago

This is my lost expression when looking under the hood of a Lamborghini Centenario.

70959bcded0f141d317ee177ce8a4bfa32e19976 (resized).jpg70959bcded0f141d317ee177ce8a4bfa32e19976 (resized).jpg

#21825 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

There are a few hundred of us so called Pinball experts here. Almost all of us still don't know what half that crap on the Pf really does.

Or doesn't do.

#21845 7 years ago

Spinner?!? That's a derogatory term for my girlfriend.

#21866 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

To be honest, i'm amazed that American Pinball was able to pull this off, and I think they deserve a ton of credit and respect for it. It's not perfect, I'm sure there's tons of issues with each machine both from major design flaws to workmanship problems while they were constructed... but the bottom line is, they produced what nobody thought they would be able to, and made at least some effort to make John's problem 'right' with the customers.
Still tons of problems, other machines, etc. but i'm amazed they were able to pull this off, or even willing to. I hope their first proper game under their name benefits from some of the respect they deserve for pulling off this project.

Please lets be clear on this. This is not an American Pinball product. This is a Zidware/Popaduik machine 100%. AP only produced the parts per Zidware design. And for whatever reasons AP is now distancing themselves from Zidware/Popaduik.

Anything found good or bad about this machine is the sole responsibility of Zidware/Popaduik.

#21872 7 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

So you give the credit for finishing the game to John? I don't. AP got involved, and the game happened. They deserve all the credit and none of the blame, in my opinion.
Of course they're distancing themselves, they got involved with him not knowing what they were getting into fully... and then made the best of it, and delivered the game. They just proved their integrity with this, in my opinion. No other manufacturer would touch this mess with a 10 foot pole, but they stood behind what they said they would do and delivered. Quickly.

You've twisted my meaning. Please carefully re-read my words. That said, I agree with the base of your reply.

#21998 7 years ago

Post Deleted.

Sorry Blondie, I typed while you were scolding,

#22038 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

remove usernames and replace with real names.

I foresee problems. Duplicate or similar names. Brian Kelly vs Bryan Kelly. Also verifying everyone would seem to me a daunting task.
I'm not against it, just saying.

BTW. I'd like to be called Special 68 going forward.

#22051 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"someone" should invite a decent player or two over to his hovel so we can actually see if there's more to this game than there appears to be.

I was gonna squawk about this earlier today.

I thought you were invited to play his Magic Girl. Podcast boy has done a great job of revealing the machine but its your review that I really want to hear. I'd be very disappointed if he reneged on that offer to you.

#22061 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

or is AP set to honor those agreements.

No they will not. Jpop is "a man without a country".

#22083 7 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I may have missed it but did anyone mention that he appears to have stolen power playfield from Lawlor and TZ? His design history has a lot of these "homages" sprinkled in.

Yep, CV's pop up bumper is another example. It was done years before but he claimed credit for it. (I've forgotten the older game name. Anyone?)

And on the private owners blog he'd have a hissy fit if other games were made with "his ideas". He did a rant when Metallica came out with the Hammer disappearing ball. After reading that I remember thinking to myself "Jesus, who cares? Shouldn't you be building our games instead of stroking your ego?"

Whatever, Jpop.

#22096 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Gusher 1957 and Sea Wolf 1958.

Thank you, Shapeshifter, you've saved me hours of head scratching.

Electro-mechanical, pop up, pop bumber, designed by the great Harry Williams in 1958 for Gusher. Pictures are from Sea Wolf.

image-8 (resized).jpgimage-8 (resized).jpg

image-7 (resized).jpgimage-7 (resized).jpg

#22121 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Really appreciate him doing this.

Me as well along with his candor.

#22173 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, I'm thinking we will get much better diagnosis and results once the game shows up in London next week.

That will be a nice addition of information to take over with and from fresh eyes.

But here's my part two reason why Levi should be allowed to inspect the machine. He is not only a player but a very knowledgeable pinball mechanic. He works on everything from EM's to current models. No disrespect but I'll bet Levi would see things and figure things out on the spot.
- Come on Magic Girl Daddy, let Levi in the door!

Chris is doing a great and honest job of revealing the machine to all of us and I compliment him for it. But I really believe Levi would take things up a couple of notches and it would be helpful to the owners.

#22176 7 years ago

frankenstein11 (resized).jpgfrankenstein11 (resized).jpg

#22192 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I think it's just an automated message? Not like john personally saying "you've reached my iPhone"..

Nope, it's Jpop's voice and the pretentious prick recorded it. I've listen to it at least 6 gazillion times.

#22221 7 years ago
Quoted from marlboroman:

I will respectfully disagree!

(sigh, here we go)

You're late to the party Marlboroman. But you have an agenda so lets play.

Here is the basic criteria of what I was calling complete bullshit. About five months ago, I was falsely accused of being a shill for American Pinball. I was falsely accused of using my position as the owners group liaison to sell my Magic Girl spot.
Now 4 days ago, Iceman, who said all of this, came forward and admitted none of it was true, he has publicly apologized and I have been vindicated.

I will advise you, Marlboroman, that none of this has anything to do with our failed negotiations for you to buy my MG spot **TWO YEARS AGO**.

I'll make popcorn for everyone while you compose your reply.

#22229 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I never claimed you were a shill nor used your owners group liaison spot to sell your game.
I merely (incorrectly) thought you had posted that you were selling your spot. It was infact iceman that posted Mr68 was selling his spot. Icemans posts were later deleted. I have attempted to apologize for this mistake.
I hope you can accept my apology.

Agreed, it was Iceman that said those things. My comment above has been edited to reflect that. I understand what you are saying Whysnow.

I'm melting butter right now for that popcorn....

#22282 7 years ago

Magic Girl's historical significance: The first NIB project machine.

#22315 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

So which part is like the 1970's?

The machine designer part, Timothy Leary.

tim (resized).jpgtim (resized).jpg

#22356 7 years ago

Benchmark price on a sold Magic Girl is currently $23,000.00

#22359 7 years ago

#22467 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

What happens now? There still must be legal action against Zidware over Raza and AIW right?

It doesn't matter that I sold MG, I am full steam ahead with my lawsuit to recover RAZA money. And I say money because its my firm belief RAZA and AIW will never be made. Never.

Which suits me just fine after this nightmare, as I don't want any of these machines in my home especially when they're missing parts, not functioning and likely to never work.

Quoted from stpcore:

On a side note I have a question. If these pins are wrapped up and on their way to owners is JPOP still working in his allotted space at American Pinball or has he been asked to leave?

He has been asked to leave and under dark circumstances. I recommend AP splash his work area with bleach and then set it on fire.

#22480 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If I were him, I'd be finding another partner ASAP and get his next titles out there.

Jpop/Zidware still lives under the Pintasia contract. That has not concluded as far as I know. A new company comes along and they will have to deal with Pintasia just as AP had to do. And when the new company verifies with AP about Mr Popaduik's dealings, I'm certain they will speak freely of how they were duped and it cost them multiple thousands of dollars. (Hundreds of thousands my guess)

I suppose anything could happen but I still believe it is highly unlikely RAZA, AIW will ever see the light of day.

#22510 7 years ago

Are we seriously talking about Jpop building extra non-working, incomplete games that are woefully short on code, with ball traps, missing parts, toys that don't function and pixelated playfield artwork? And this is just what we know after less than a week.

Sounds like a Kickstarter I'll pass on but good luck in raising the capitol.

#22516 7 years ago

I love the irony of the man who killed Pre-order, given a chance to do another pre-order.

#22529 7 years ago

Stern NBA 350 to 450 units according to Mr. Pinball price guide. Two runs done both in 2009.

BBB
14 by Capcom in 1996
191 by IPB 2007

#22532 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I heard there were less than 200 of them made, but who knows for sure. Regardless, the point I was making is still a valid one. Rarity does not automatically make a game highly collectible.

1200 Stern 24's made in 2009 according to price guide

Sorry Brian, but point taken.

#22540 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Stern NBA 350 to 450 units according to Mr. Pinball price guide. Two runs done both in 2009.

#22543 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

A contract no one knows anything about it seems. Who is to say the Pintasia deal reaches beyond Magic Girl? Bill certainly didn't hint at that at the time. And why would John limit all future projects? He could just start another company and with new ideas.

My guess is that Pintasia has the rights to Zidware, not Magic Girl. For them to have done only 20 or even 50 machines would have been foolish.

Quoted from flynnibus:

And why would John limit all future projects?

Because he has no business sense at all. Seriously, I've met with him several times and I could make a case that Jpop is an idiot savant.

#22546 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I disagree. Based on the info shared at the time, the interest seemed to be about the titles, not the business. Why would he take on any of zidware's liability? He wanted the rights, and exclusive, to make the game. Did that include other games? Bill wasn't saying.. but something open ended just doesn't make much sense. Plus, as I said, John would just fold zidware and start over unless there are additional non-competes included. This is a lot of 'ifs' vs the most obvious answer.

Disagree away my friend. What you are suggesting doesn't make sense to me at all.

#22567 7 years ago

I'm bored. We need another interesting (and funny) Kman video.

#22598 7 years ago

Benchmark price will be established after the ebay auction closes. I posted this in another thread this morning.

** I'm really pleased to see this eBay auction as the end result should give us a true indicator of MG value. I know the seller, not real well, but enough to believe there wont be any bidding shenanigans. As the auction's expiration approaches the bidding should get really interesting especially in the final hour.

I don't trust those CraigsList ads as you never know what the final negotiated price is or if its a prank ad. The one in LA that popped up for 60K I find very suspicious as it was taken down in a day. That's a lot of verification's exchanged by both sides in such a brief time frame. Sure it could happen but at these prices I think it unlikely.

This eBay auction is going to be fun and should set the benchmark price.

Best wishes, Rob. Your winning bid I predict will set Pinside on tilt.

#22610 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I was following that listing too. My guess was that because the listing was pulled down so quickly he either got his asking price (or reasonably close) otherwise he would have left the listing up and collected offers or he received an offer from a known collector where haggling wasn't an issue. There are guys here in Seattle that if they sent me an offer and said I'll give you "X" for it, I would just consider it sold.

I would agree with you if this were a normal $5-$7000 deal where you have thousands of potential buyers. However, buyers in this price range are very few and very far between. So I'm skeptical at this altitude of how quickly this supposedly went down... And an ad placed in the LA CraigList could have been done by someone on the east coast to set a false "benchmark" price for a rare game.

Anyway, my point is, asking prices are an opening bid to negotiate from. Actual sales prices, like the ebay one, will be the benchmark prices. Everything else is speculation.

Hope you're doing well, Chris.

#22615 7 years ago

I suggest going private. Thanks guys.

#22618 7 years ago

Don't start with me Ted. I'll cut ya.

#22627 7 years ago

Video needs more Brenda. She could be the Vanna White of pinball.

#22682 7 years ago

I hate that nauseous feeling when waking up behind a bus station and wondering, ....Was I on Pinside last night?

#22689 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you played it?
Would love to hear more of your impressions if you have.

Me as well. In one of his videos it shows the ball falling off the Mystic Ring area that didn't have a guard rail I assume and falling into a trap area where he had to fish it out by hand. I'm pretty sure he said there are ball traps just as the other experienced person did. (JeffTaylor)
I'll see if I can find that video.

Edit: At about the 7:50 minute mark of Playfield Overview Part 1.

#22702 7 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

That video does demonstrate a ball hang up, BUT, that can only happen via the Mystic Ring "Power" area, which - surprise! - is currently inaccessible. Impossible to get there!
Freaking JPop....

I give Kman my highest compliments for his videos and honest reviews. I applaud him even more now that he's given you access to the game and I appreciate your feed back. I look forward to levi's opinion next time he delivers coffee.

Nice to see a picture of you after our personal exchanges.

#22748 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It's over already?
ebay.com link » Magic Girl Pinball Machine

Interesting and disappointing.

#22763 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I had the high bid on ebay...the owner had an offer on the table for 30K though. No way is that game worth that...

My guess for it ending with a starting value of 20, would have been 25 to 30.
Easy for me to say now.... Anyway, thanks

#22773 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Except those are not your pictures in the auction......

I would throw easy money at Fattrain any day. Great guy.

#22800 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It also means good luck to anyone that thinks more are not coming.

American Pinball has cut ties with Jpop and under dark circumstances. Jpop is toxic in the community and with manufactures. Jpop has no money and he just pushed a notorious turd out the door.

Other than fantasy speculation, can you explain how Jpop will make additional MG's.

#22803 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If one super rare failure is so valuable to these people... why wouldn't another super rare failure demand such money?

I was responding to Whysnow's prediction of Jpop's manufacturing capabilities. Your question is absurd to my comment and further proof of your fondness to argue with people.

#22805 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the guy has managed to convince enough people already that I am sure he will find another sucker. Now his resume looks even better to the non-researched company.
First Pintasia and then AP. They are proof that even smart and legit can get duped by him.
I also think that is is an obvious and easy way for him to make up some funds with very little effort. There is likely little anyone could do to stop him and when those with current games are selling? for 2x original cost, it is just too easy.
On top of all this the number has forever gone up. 13 at start, then 16, then 19, now 21 with some speculation of 25. All evidence points to that number growing further over time and someone else jumping on the Jpop train.
It is just too lucrative to not. heck I would not be surprised if some business type pinhead has already reached out to jpop to work on it.

I completely disagree for reasons already stated but I thank you for your reading comprehension and staying on point. There are some people here that struggle.

#22808 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He's probably not working on games, rather hitting up "Craigslist Dubai" for the next sugar daddy who will write a check without doing any research.

This I agree he is attempting but I think he strikes out this time. What AP agreed to with Jpop was extraordinary and I find it unlikely another company will come along. Jpop told some of the MG guys when picking up games that RAZA was next. I believe Pintasia continues to have rights to both of those games along with IP so additional MG's and RAZA are highly unlikely IMO. We'll see.

#22823 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

The shit that is Magic Girl is starting to smell like roses.
If the figures that are being thrown around are true, for those lucky ones it is turning into a great investment. Who would have thought.

I get your meaning but this has not been a joy ride for any of us, only some recent relief. Five years of having events out of our control and two years of legally fighting to right this ship has been a pain in the ass. Even now we're getting resentment from RAZA, AIW and un-paid vendors which I totally understand.

Many of us were also in on RAZA and the legal fight continues. A legal fight at our expenses that others will benefit from, hopefully all.
We 11 victims will be deposed by Jpop's attorney in the next few weeks if you can imagine that. I've mentally prepared my statement of colorful words.

Its the shit show that Popaduik created and continues. But its not our fault he dishes misery out unfairly.
C'est la vie.

#22824 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just to be clear on this. Pintasia was brought in to negotiate the building of these 25 MGs (plus 3 prototypes), I presume?
If that is the case and knowing Bill is a buisnessman, I see no reason to add futher to my guess that more MG will trickle out the door.
Seems easy for Bill to sell the few he got if he wants, then make a deal with Jpop that he can build 5 more and he gets 1 of them as part of the license deal. Rinse and repeat? At the current selling market it seems Jpop could easily build 5 more and bring in a quick 100k. He can label them prototype X, or if he is even smarter he will add some feature back in and call them post-production #_
Then they will become even more desiable than the original 19(or 21 or 25).

Wishful thinking and skewed logic which you are famous for. No matter...

While you're making predictions out of thin air, please advise of a timeline when we can expect these machines.

#22828 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Again my contribution to this thread is just to point out the facts

Where do you get your facts? 5th generation Pinside facts??

You also had the "facts" about me and American Pinball, remember?

#22846 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not made up anything, nor do I have any agenda...
What would my agenda possibly be

Your agenda is you fancy yourself as Superman all over Pinside. You fly into a thread, take it's temperature and then formulate an opinion based on scant and superficial information. Then comes your half baked solution to everyone which you pound redundantly.

Then you fly off to the next thread confident you've saved the poor peasants of Pinside who are incapable of thought.

I have seen you warned countless times by several different Pinsiders, in a variety of threads and you still don't get it.

I'm out hiking right now using my phone so it's difficult. I'll edit when I get home.

#22852 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Dude, if your out hiking.....enjoy.....put Pinside AWAY!

It elevates my cardio work out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
333 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mr68. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mr68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=mr68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.