(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#423 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's not what this porthole is for.

Built in Fleshlight? I don't know, I'm out of ideas...

2 months later
#2325 9 years ago

Magic Girl doesn't even look like it's any further along than that Kiss game he brought to MGC last year. Both look pretty and light up and do some basic scoring but are FAR from complete. If I had to guess I'd say JP really enjoys the creative side of pinball design and coming up with ideas but once it gets to the meat and potatoes portion of actually building machines and doing the difficult work his pinball ADD kicks in and he moves on to a new project with new foamcore/art. I don't think he has the self discipline to focus on one project until it is complete and I highly doubt that more than a handful of games ever get built. Will he have any money left to pay employees to actually build games and rent warehouse space? I think there's a reason that Stern has never been interested in working with him on a game and that is becoming evident throughout this process.

#2444 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'm surprised everyone is talking about how great the game looks. I don't think there was ever any doubt the games would look awesome (that's what he does), its the getting built part that is still in question.

And IF they get built how do we know that the gameplay/rules will be any good? I have no idea who is writing the rules for the game. This game could make TOTAN seem "Deep" in comparison. It also looks like it has a lot of those spinny targets (like the lamp in TOTAN) that aren't particularly a lot of fun to hit. Yes, every JP game that's released is very pretty and has great artwork but most lack the software to make them keepers in my collection.

Even if MG is close to being complete, how many more years will it be before all the parts are acquired, the wiring harnesses assembled and the employees hired to actually build them. Also, is he going to get UL testing which could add even more delays? We've seen how long it takes for even games like MMR and Predator which have been "complete" for quite a while now to actually gear up for the production line. If more than a handful of people get their machines in 2015 (or even 2016) I would be shocked!

1 week later
#2637 9 years ago

I agree that this project has really been doomed from the start. It's a shame because JPOP really does have some cool ideas and the look/artwork on these machines (MG especially) is great!

It never made sense to me why he would try to take on all aspects of this himself vs. partnering with someone that had more business/technical experience and not trying to re-invent the wheel. The perfect fit would have been Spooky/Ben Heck especially considering they are geographically close and have worked together in a limited capacity in the past. Between JPop's artwork/designs and Spooky/Ben's technical/business talents of actually getting things done it would have been a natural fit!

2 months later
#5490 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Full Throttle is less than a week from the line supposedly. If those roll out and Alien goes at all smoothly (since we've yet to see any licensor approved photos it's too early for that too) then they'd probably love to have Predator. I mentioned this to Ben Heck, and he said "they'd sell Predator one for one with Alien". Probably true!

Honestly, the smart money is to pull a Family Guy/Shrek and re-theme Aliens into Predator. Themes/toys would be very similar. Just different art/dots/sounds but similar rules, etc. I'm more of an Alien(s) fan myself but I'm sure there are many that would prefer Predator. And no, I wouldn't want an AVP theme. The original movies are so much better!

#5702 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

No we were asking on pinside why he was spending his time on AIW instead of finishing MG and RAZA. And he freaked.

I think the truth is that JPop just truly enjoys "Arts and Crafts" day vs. doing the less creative "real" work of getting machines actually built and coded. Once he finishes mocking up one game with foamcore and artwork it's simply time to move onto the next.... In his fantasy world every day is "Arts and Crafts" day.

1 week later
#6137 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Not for the good of the hobby or being generous, for profit. They get a cool design and don't have to pay John a dime. I agree it's a long shot but stranger things have happened. Trying to think of any way people can get their machine.

Yeah, there's not a chance in hell of this happening. For one thing, John would never give up total control of these projects.-He'd want to be involved. And secondly Stern wouldn't want to deal with him or any of his baggage on this project. And Stern wouldn't be interested in making such limited release games as the profit just isn't there.

If there is one take-away from all this that could benefit pinball it's that JPop's artist is pretty damn good! Stern, JJP, or Spooky should hire this guy to do some future games.

Another question. Does JPop even have the licensing required to do AIW?

#6140 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoa Nellie, anyone? The Pin? Stern's been doing a lot of wacky stuff these days (MMr) ...if it keeps the factory busy, you never know - they could be down with it. As long as they get paid! So - someone besides Jpop would have to set up this type of deal.

The difference is that both "The Pin" and "Whoa Nellie" were Stern projects from the inception. Something like Magic Girl was done using proprietary parts and technologies. Stern would need to basically start over from scratch to build the game the "Stern" way. And what would be done for all the parts that were already ordered and to the vendors that haven't been paid? It's just too messy for Stern to get involved with. If I were Stern I'd hire JPop's artist and design my own AIW. That would be much easier....

#6144 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Absolutely not for Whoa Nellie...
This project started years (and light years) before Stern was involved.

That's true. I don't really consider the original Whoa Nellie and the Stern version to be much alike. The artwork and playfield are similar (Stern version has differences like no gobble hole) but other than that it's a completely different game as Stern basically had to start over from scratch from a design standpoint. I'd also venture to guess that they play drastically different since the original was done as an EM and the Stern version is solid state.

I think for one of JPop's games to be completed by Stern the same thing would have to happen. Stern would use a few of the design elements and the artwork, but largely it would have to be a brand design from the ground up. I don't think the work that JPop has done would really save Stern very much development time.

1 week later
#6760 8 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Just curious, how bad what the CV code prior to the home rom? I own a CV and have the recent home rom which is great but never played one with the old code. What was missing or incomplete?

Lot's of changes between 1.4 and the 2.0 Home Rom. Mostly for the better besides the addition of "Copy Cat" and fewer "Neon Multiballs". Here's some of the changes from the readme.

This is version 2.0H of Cirqus Voltaire. This Home ROM is NOT an official
Williams release, and as such is not supported by that company.

Changes since 1.4:
- The ramp lockup test was NOT clearing the switch status flags when
it started up, this has been fixed.
- If the ramp magnet switch could not start the multiball start LAMP
effect, but the display effect was running, it would re-run the
display effect once the ball reached the lockup. This has been
fixed.
- Starting final mode now cancels the multiple jackpot.
- Shots are ignored just after starting a new final mode phase.
- Shots are ignored just after adding a ball in phase 3 of Join.
- Added additional tilt check in ramp lockup code.
- Added adjustment to install manual eddy boards.
- Ringmaster is no longer down during sideshow, but IS down during
video modes.
- Added adjustment to allow all abort-friendly display effects to be
aborted right from the start of the game.
- Possible to abort most display effects.
- Added adjustment to make Acrobats only spot from made switch on
the ramp (instead of enter).
- Added adjustment to enable the 'old' skill shot. Simple skill shot
runs in tournament mode.
- Added adjustment to enable timed Ringmaster mode.
- Added adjustment to skip first Ringmaster defeat.
- Added adjustment to stop Ringmaster magnet catching the ball after WOW.
- Added Copy-Cat video mode.
- Side-Show lamp effect now masks inlane lamps.
- Neon multiball has a significantly reduced chance of running until
one of the regular multiballs has been played.
- Side show will try not to give out two video type modes in a row.
- Added juggler sneaky lock on left loop.
- Boom Balloon will attempt to lower itself if it registers hits while it
should be down, and the ball is hitting other jets.
- All multiballs can be restarted when quickly starting another
multiball. (On an adjustment which defaults OFF).
- Updated Cirqus Member time-stamp to reference from 2001, and system
clock starts at 2002.
- Created some presets for new adjustments.
- Added 'Early' to game over kickout adjustment - It kicks during
match/hstd processing.
- Added adjustments to stop physical HighWire and Juggler locks.
- New juggler lock and start lamp effects.
- Diverter will switch position when balls in play decreases to 1 to
free jams. (Adjustment sets frequency, or disables)
- Added quick jackpot, lit from side-show.
- Removed pinball hotline and web/email info from attract mode.
- Tweaked the speech for skill shot, Ringmaster and Hat-Trick.
- Hat-Trick and Ringmaster modes now work correctly together.
- Test Report messages regarding disabled hardware will only show
up in Test mode .. Stopping DOT on home games.
- BackBox Luck switch will not be marked bad if the backbox is disabled.
(However it will still show up in the test report if it is bad.)
- 'Load Cannon' award on the outlanes has been modified to give
lower points.
- Game restart is now correctly handled during Side Show.
- Added delay to Boom Balloon timer so background display effect
shows starting time.
- Added feature adjustment to disable timed spot-marvel (off the
inlane).
- Added 'Clear Hardware Errors' utility.
- Spot Marvel disabled while no marvels can be spotted.
- Timed spot marvels (off the inlane) are not lit at all if no
remaining marvels can be spotted.
- Added music and speech when Join The Cirqus is ready.
- Added new Join The Cirqus phase 'Acrobats Spin': Player must score
100 spins to win. Target spins set by new Feature Adjustment.
- Added second Join The Cirqus phase: Player must score 3 million
points (from roving hurry-ups) to win. Final score set by new Feature
Adjustments.
- New Cirqus phases played second time player reaches Join. Added new
adjustment to set this.
- Add ball/score to background display effect of phase 2 of Join
The Cirqus.
- Join The Cirqus intro display effects can be aborted at ball-start
and the second (or more) time through.
- Skill Shot lit at ball start, during Join The Cirqus to advance the
mode. Ball is held during intro effects (which can be aborted).
- Timer adjustments for Kangaroo Video mode and Cannon Fire Mode
can be set to 'OFF' to disable these modes.
- If all marvels except the Acrobats Marvel have been awarded, but
the Acrobats mode is active, then that marvel will be spotted.
- Added pause feature to the coin-door. Opening the door disables
the flippers, stops mode timers, and starts a ball saver (2 seconds
for each ball in play). Balls are re-launched once the door is closed.
- Fixed some small glitches in the ball lock and multiball start
lamp effects.
- Removed 'Player One' speech during single player games. Ball serve
speech only plays 5 times.
- Modified Backbox disabled adjustment so that the time between kicks
can also be set. Changed adjustment text to "BBOX. KICK DELAY".
- Added more compensation logic to Highwire ramp: lock (or multiball)
will be awarded if no scoring occurs 5 seconds after the ramp magnet
releases the ball. This is so the player receives the correct lock/
multiball sequence even if a lockup switch is failing.
- Improved Ringmaster Battle logic.
- Diverter remains unenergized for several seconds after the wire-ramp
enter switch.
- Added feature adjustment 'QUICK ARC MBALL.'. When set YES, the ball
will NOT be stopped on the ramp magnet when Strike An Arc Multiball
is started along with a Highwire Multiball lock (or start).

#6775 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Early-mid 2000's. I'm thinking 2005 or 2006, but I don't have ay date-proof in my files.

The date on the 2.0 readme is 4/15/2002. So almost exactly 13 years ago.

2 weeks later
#7775 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

There is so much speculation and impossible to measure what John profited without the facts. I'm sure he paid himself but I believe he had full intentions of getting these machines built and out the door and that's this mans one opinion. I'm invested here as well and have seen all sorts of companies mismanaged, taken for a ride, and succeed as well. This to me smells like someone trying his best without the "personal" necessary tools to get there. Self realization is hard for some people but I always go back to common sense and what I believe their intentions were from the beginning and all the way to that pivotal turning point.

This reminds me of an old Onion article which might explain JPop's thought process when starting his own Pinball company.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/laidoff-ford-employee-decides-to-start-own-car-com,2086/

Or, he pondered his job options George Costanza style

3 weeks later
#9393 8 years ago

If JPop isn't paying any vendors for parts, software development, and art then where is all the money going? Did he really blow more than a million dollars on rent, personal salary, patents, and parts for a few prototypes?

This whole situation stinks for everyone with money on the line! I hope no one is dumb enough to send him another dime and hope he ends up getting punished for his lies and deception.

#9548 8 years ago

Is the mystery investor Bill Gates? He's donated over 28 billion to charity including $10 billion to worthy causes such as the Vaccine program. What's an extra million to help get pinball machines built for a bunch of moderately wealthy collectors... It's for the love of pinball after all

#10326 8 years ago

Someone needs to email this thread to a reality tv producer stat.... THIS is the pinball reality show that would captivate the World and glue them to their tv screens! If by some miracle this plan were to actually work than it would make such endeavors as the GM auto bailout pale in comparison... WCBrandes would be a modern day Lee Iacocca if he can pull this off! Can the millionaire hotel entrepreneur and wacky pinball inventor team up to save Magic Girl, or will we watch them go down in flames? Tune in this week on Bravo's "The Pinball Inventor".....

#10425 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If all the money is gone I think pintasia needs to explain where the hell it went!?!?!
How is it possible to blow that kind of money and still have so little to show for it?
pintaisa if you want people to get on board, the first thing you are going to need is a better explanation of where the cash went.
this all seems so blantantly obvious as a stall tactic.

I think Pintasia knows the project is doomed and headed to bankruptcy and this is just his way of laying claim to one (or all 3) of the Magic Girl prototypes that will never see a production run. What motivation does he have to help anyone other than himself? He sure seems to be in a hurry to get one near completion.... Makes you think...

#11118 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

This is how the prototype looked in my office before stopping work:
IMG_2542.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Notice i was using an old stern cab to house it. Think this was taken when i was testing switches after installing the hand made ramps i got on my 4th usa trip in march 2014

The layout reminds me a lot of SWE1. Symmetrical ramps, open target area in the middle, pop bumpers in the same place, raised skill shot, similar orbit placement, etc... Magic Girl has more going on obviously with the upper playfield, loopier ramps and more magnet tricks.. but deep down I think this game shares more with SWE1 than any of JPops other games.

#11138 8 years ago

I'm no Nostradamus, but if I had to break out a my crystal ball and predict what's to come I think it will go something like this.

I still think it's 50/50 on whether they'll actually get a flipping/playable game by the NW show, but even if they do I think the reviews of the layout/gameplay will be "meh" at best. I think in order for this game to gain traction and build excitement worthy of a $10K-$16K game it's going to have to "Wow" in ways no other game before it has done... I just really don't see this happening and when people look beyond the beautiful artwork and realize that it's just another pinball machine the excitement and mystique will really die down for this entire project. Pintasia's may have noble intentions but I think once people actually play it and it give feed back they will realize that this baby just isn't worth saving... I predict that they'll eventually throw in the towel and see that it just isn't worth the headache and hassle of trying to right this ship. It's not all a lost cause though as they'll find a way to keep at least one of the Prototype games which should be worth plenty just on rarity alone.

My advice would be for Zombie Yeti to start working with Ben Heck on Spooky Pinball game #3. Let JPop go to bankruptcy route and liquidate the assets and divide the money among all that suppliers/pre-order people that have a stake in the company.

#11146 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sometimes the simplest explanation really is the most likely.
This is their obvious end game. Even if it is not their current end goal, they are hedging all efforts on having the playable prototypes in their personal posession.

I think Pintasia is simply using the "Catch more flies with Honey than vinegar" approach. I'm sure he is angry with the way JPop was handling the project and the prospect of not getting either of the games that he pre-ordered but rather than file a lawsuit and try to get back at him that way he is sweet talking him and trying to offer a solution for him to get out of this mess. I'm sure he's probably exploring ways to help others as well and doing his due diligence to see if there is some kind of easy solution but at the end of the day if he gets his game(s) he's accomplished what he's set out to do. I'm sure he realizes through the struggles of other's such as PPS and JJP that manufacturing pinball machines isn't easy and takes a lot of time and effort. If he ends up taking this on it would be basically his full time (and more) job for the next 3+ years just getting Magic Girl made. I just don't see him wanting to take all this on, especially once he secures his game and there is no money to be made from it. If he does then I apologize for being wrong since he is most likely the most charitable person this hobby has ever seen!

#11152 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I JUST don't get it. That looks about as complete of a playfield as you can have, all that was missing really is software (which MG appears to have if John continued to use your code and boards). It seems so ridiculous that John felt the need to work on side projects when there could have been a very flippable game to show off to the public a year ago.

I totally get it... John gets to the point where the fun and creative part of pinball design is over and the hard work begins and rather than putting in the hard work and effort to see it through he just starts the fun and creative part of designing a new machine. Do you really think John wants to spend months designing a wiring harness and ensuring that all 3K parts are in spec and ready to order and working on the business side of things? He just wants to play and have "arts and crafts time" which is exactly what he's been doing for the last 4 years. I think he has more in common with a young child then someone that has actually grown up and accomplished anything on his own. His past successes were all in an environment where someone else did all the heavy lifting for him.

#11181 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I disagree....Big Bang Bar does not have a superdeep ruleset? it is a piece of rare art with humor?

BBB was also $4500 for pre-order and had only Stern to compete against for pinball dollars. If/When Magic Girl is completed I have no doubt it will be worth big money but I think it's going to be difficult to find people willing to wait another 3+ years to get one, especially at a cost of $10-$16K if the gameplay is anything less than spectacular. There are just too many other options these days... JJP, DP, Spooky, Heighway to name a few. From the rumors I've heard on Spooky Pinball's new pin is that the artwork is going to knock our socks off! And that pin WILL actually get made on time and for a reasonable price!

#11206 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I just can't see how this is good for anyone but the original MG buyers. Everyone is being asked to pay more so those original 16 buyers can maybe get their game? Maybe i'm just not grasping it, but if I'm not one of the original MG buyers, i'm telling everyone to pack sand and hiring a lawyer to bury JPop.

Where this deal falls flat is the requirement to throw good money in after bad... I think many of the original pre-order buyers have already written off most of their money as a loss but I really think it's going to be next to impossible to ask them to send in additional money (Could be $4K or more) and then ask them to wait for several more years' just isn't going to happen! The pre-order is dead thanks to JPop and Skit-B. In order for this to work Pintasia is going to have to fund production on his own under the promise that they original owner's hold off suing, and then they have the option to buy once the game is actually built, using their credits from before.

#11261 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Exactly.
http://issuu.com/jackgtruth/docs/jjp_lawsuit
With Skit-B and JPop/Zidware going down in flames so close together, the last thing this hobby needs is for JJP to be next.
Damn this hobby has more drama than any I've been involved in!

If these guys can pull some strings maybe they could all be transferred to the same prison and start a new pinball company. Instead of making license plates, prisoners could build pinball machines

1 week later
#13711 8 years ago

Beautiful looking game but honestly that layout (as it stands) is terrible! It's a one ramp game and you have a damn "Genie lamp" spinner impeding it. It also impedes the left orbit. Then you have a lame spinner up the middle shot and what appears to be some kind of "Dead end" shot, a right orbit, and a scoop. I think any Stern Pro game (besides WWE) looks more fun to shoot and I was really hoping that Avengers was the last time we'd see that stupid spinning genie lamp. At least on Avengers it doesn't block two of the main shots! Don't get me wrong, it's cool that we finally get to see the game being played after all these years but I really just think this game should just be shot and put out of its misery! I'd be happy if someone just completed one and then donated it to Pinball Hall of Fame so everyone could at least try it once but I don't think there's any chance of people wanting to pay serious money for this game beyond paying just for the art and rarity factor.

#13788 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

What's more disappointing to me is this was done at all.....tank the " company" ( loosely used in this instance) , liquefy assets ( personal and business...John has to be seen as a personal guarantor , regardless of corp.), move on.
I think it would hurt me more to see ( I'd never touch or play) a machine I believed in and paid for, but couldn't be had for reasons beyond my control.

I don't know... I think it was kind of a necessary reality check to see where things are at. Now that everyone has seen how far away from completion the game truly is and how much of a dog it is to play they can put it to rest and concentrate on going after John and trying to recoup some of their losses. The fact that there are barely any reviews of the gameplay speak volumes for how poorly this game was received besides having great artwork. The game needs a playfield redesign (the flow blocking genie lamp has to go!) and at least a couple more years of work to bring it up to snuff and I can't see anyone willing to put in the time or money to make it happen.

#13840 8 years ago

Instead of rehashing all the same old bs...How about some gameplay talk!

Does anyone know how the upper playfield is intended to work? Is it isolated from the rest of the game (magnets control the big ball only) or does it interact with the regular game balls?

Any ideas on the levitating ball mech?

#13886 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Pinballrockstar has a point. Supposedly Bill and co. have already stuck 100k into this.

The machine cost over $1 million to produce and another $100k to get ready for the show and somehow there wasn't an extra $300 in the budget for a sheet of invisiglass or some coasters to slip under the back leg levelers to give it more than a 3 degree pitch

#13895 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not an option at the moment, the game uses a custom glass size.

They had 30+ days to call a glass shop that sells antireflective glass and have them cut a custom sized sheet. I've had custom glass made by local glass ships on numerous ocassions and they've always had quick turnaround and reasonable prices.

#13905 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

this is why people said make a real video and post it.
You can control the footage you reveal the game and it's shots, that's what Stern does when it reveals a game. if all we see are random people playing the game we'll draw our conclusions from that.
Nothing is stopping you guys from filming a bunch of footage and posting the good parts. Doesn't that make any sense to you guys? It was said 100 times, film some video so you can show what the game is capable of.
Put you best foot forward. Any of this ringing a bell?
Let's say the ramp can be hit and some people have hit the ramp shot as you claim. So what's the percentage one out of 50 people make a ramp shot?

If it were my game I'd find one of the top tourney players and ask them if you can film them playing a game to see what one of the great players can do with it. Show it off in its best light vs. filming a bunch of amateurs that can't hit a ramp shot.... Isn't Cayle G. from that area? Or even McCullough.

#14280 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Left side has the same spinning lamp mech as TOTAN.

I'm still scratching my head over this one... Why he decided to block off the left orbit and the only ramp in the game with this feature makes no sense. The game has less flow than POTC. Even if all the magnets and features were working I don't see anything in the Magic Girl layout that makes it better than the layouts on CV, WCS, TOTAN or TOM. I would rather someone just re-write the rules to TOTAN and make it be the next PPS release. You could pick classic rules or new rules when you start a game. Wasn't PPS talking about doing this with one of JPOPs games along with Funhouse 2.0?

#14553 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zidware will now presumably go through BK, and if anyone is interested, they can purchase the IP from the liquidation...though I doubt that will happen at this point, as there is just too much negative baggage with this project.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if PPS swept in and bought the assets on the cheap like they did after the IPB bankruptcy. There's not much usable IP there, but I think it strokes Rick's ego to own rare stuff that nobody has so that people can speculate about whether or not PPS will make it? They actually probably could, but I wouldn't bet on seeing it happen.

#14562 8 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

PPS would do much better to re-run BBB. They have all of the assets and there is already a demand for it.

There's no doubt in my mind they'll end up doing BBB at some point. PPS has said they plan to re-make at least 10 games and BBB is the obvious choice after AFM and MB are completed.

#14815 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I don't think John has any idea about where that MG pin is.
These guys just decided to take this on their own.

Anyone know any customs agents? Maybe they made a run for the border!

canada.jpgcanada.jpg
1 year later
#22487 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They should have made another 30 MG's like John had originally planned to do, auction those off to satisfy the Raza and AIW debts, Yeti, Applejuice and the vendors.
Why wasn't that done?

Are there really 50 collector's out there that would be willing to pay $20K or more for one of these? I can see there being 10-20 of these "super collectors" out there with super deep pockets but I think once you start increasing the numbers available the prices will fall flat. Prices are high now because there's only a handful for sale but I think even if all 19 were available to purchase right now for $20K that many would sit unsold.

#22517 7 years ago

Owning a full size mostly unworking game is overrated but if they were to make say 250 Magic Girl translites and 250 playfields all signed/numbered by Zombie Yeti I would be interested in adding one of those to my gameroom. Plus, they could use the profits to help make Zombie Yeti and Applejuice whole again. The game is basically an art piece anyway with a bunch of useless plastic and blinky lights, so just cut out the unnecessary stuff and just make the art available for people to enjoy!

#22527 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A shitload. I've seen tons of them.
No production DE, sega, or Stern has been produced in fewer numbers than BBB.

Stern NBA?

#22535 7 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Rothkrans the 'picasso of pinball' art doesn't hold a candle in the wind to yeti

Blasphemy! Rothkranz is the World's top pinball artist. He'll tell you all about it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.