(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4092 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"Hey Bob, did I tell you about my new investment? It's a bit of a longshot, but if I play my cards right I'm going to get that cat-girl bowling pinball I've always dreamed of!"

That's funny.

#4104 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I like to come in here and the Predator threads and just put my feet up and relax.......nothing ever happens in any of them.

Just like watching paint dry.

1 month later
#6235 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Jpop won't even respond to his customers, it's really astonishing. Ice asks me why I'm still involved on this thread, it's because the way John treats his customers and in fact the pinball community as a whole, it's like he is deliberately trying to piss off as many people as possible. I can not understand where his head is, it's certainly not the way to build a company. Pissing off buyers or potential buyers is not a great idea if you want to be a successful buisnessman.
I'll go farther, me as a physician, it's said that the way you treat your patients (ie. Bedside manner) has more to do with patient satisfaction than the actual outcome of a surgery. In other words it's bad enough John is f-en the project up, but he isn't even doing any damage control or calming things down.
Everyday John is getting closer to Kevin (Skitb) territory.

I don't think he's trying to piss anyone off and I don't think he wants to be a successful businessman. He wants to do whatever he feels like doing whenever he chooses to do it.

The only thing I can say about him with any degree of certainty is that he is an absolute flake.

#6251 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In honor of the late great Dean Smith, he's gone the four corners stall offense.

Would Dean run the four corners if he were down by 10 with 3 minutes left in the 2nd half?

#6262 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Exactly, that shows how dumb he is doesn't it! He's running the four corners and he's down by 30 and doesn't even realize it.
As for another basketball analogy, John is one of those guys that looks great in warmups, all the talent in the world, until game time comes and he shows himself to be a total stiff.
Yep, that's John, a total stiff.

Such a shame.

#6554 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Kaneda is ZidwarePR, ROFL. This is f-ing classic.

The poor kid should really check himself into the nearest mental health center.

1 week later
#7059 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

5 refund requests, 5 no responses.

You'll alway bat 1.000 on that request.

1 month later
#11117 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John shows ZERO remorse
Still thinks he owes us nothing
I want an explanation and answers from him. Where are the financials and where did our money go

Sue John and the wife personally and then be prepared to hire a forensic accountant.

He'll be remorseful in a hurry.

1 week later
#13087 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

Dear God, that's some funny stuff.

#13679 8 years ago

It looks pretty darn nice, no question. However, I am am not putting 10k-15k down and then waiting 4 years for one.

1 week later
#15285 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's not that easy to pierce the veil, corporations are set up for this very reason, to protect personal assets. John maybe screwed up enough that a sharp lawyer can do it. But don't count on it.
Hey, see the non lawyer part, maybe I'm wrong! But that's my educated guess, given what I know and understand. This might be something new for pinball, but it's hardly a new story when it comes to businesses like this

I would be very surprised if piercing the veil in this instance become difficult or problematic.

From what I have read in this thread, Popadiuk and his wife are in for quite a bit of pain and misery and it appears that will provide a great deal of satisfaction to many of the customers.

#15297 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Outside my realm of experience, so I won't argue the point. I'm just saying, he set up a corporation, the payments were made to it, and he has plenty of evidence to suggest that he spent the money on what he said he would. He messed up badly, the business failed, and that's that. But it wasn't a scam, not in the traditional sense at least. The dumb sap is apparently still claiming he's gonna find a way to deliver games!
It's obvious to me that he's got some real problems, mentally

I could be dead wrong, but I think when you follow the paper trail provided by the bank records and credit card statements they will show that plenty of the cash was spent on items that had nothing to do with the games which were purchased.

Did Popadiuk's customers agree to pay for the machinery or software used to create these games? I thought they simply agreed to buy a new pinball machine for $16,000.

#15301 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I'm not a lawyer so I'll just stfu.
More should do the same.

I am not a lawyer, but I was the plaintiff in two cases where my attorney managed to successfully pierce the corporate veil of both LLCs. However, I know that there are many attorney's on Pinside much better versed on the subject than I am.

#15304 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't understand this line of thought. When you go to the grocery store, the markup on the product goes toward employee wages, rent on the building, cash registers, an administrative department, devices to order food, doors to the building, and tools to do the job better. Why would building a pinball machine be any different?
Was Jpop supposed to do this all with his bare hands and ingenuity?

The creation of the grocery store and its infrastructure were not funded by the bag of potatoes and box of Cheerios I bought this morning.

#15305 8 years ago
#15360 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes it was... the margin on that purchase funded the coffers of the chain to build the next store. The initial store would have been opened with credit or investors... who got paid back by the margins on your bags of chips.
Where the F do you think business' make their money from???</blockquote

You're lost here. We're not talking about the same thing.

Time for Silicon Valley. Have a good night.

4 weeks later
#16604 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Does it cost anythig close to $100k to buy a couple of ramps and shipping the game to the show?

Apparently, it only does when Popadiuk is part of the equation.

2 months later
#18052 8 years ago

I delayed taking the "theft and casualty" loss with John until this year, didn't move the needle on a 350k total tax due bill

Feel better now?

#18057 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I don't think that was the point he was making. "Sure, call me stupid, but I'm rich and this didn't cost me that much, here's my evidence" was the vibe I got.

Your interpretation was correct.

He got it too, but chose to be cute.

#18215 8 years ago

Is that his Range Rover? Is that his wife in the Range Rover photo?

I hope the plaintiffs destroy him.

4 months later
#18681 8 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Who is this guy you all are talking about?? is he one of those two idiots in that foto?If one happens to have a talent of some kind,why does that give one license to look like you just stepped outa the sixties,50 lbs overweight and looking like a slob??I've often wondered why guys show up at venues with long dirty hair,obese,stinking of beer,and think it's kool???

You've described the only reasons I didn't give kulek or JPop my money.

3 months later
#18925 7 years ago

How is the JPop lawsuit progressing?

3 weeks later
#18969 7 years ago

Every time I hear JPop and salary in the same post I want to punch something, anything really hard.

His customers gave him money in exchange for a pinball machine. They did not agree to pay his salary.

Any money left over after all games were delivered to customers would have amounted to JPop's salary/profit.

#18971 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah you did... That's what happens when you pay for a product.

You're lost.

I can't even engage you in this bs argument.

#18988 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Salary had no effect?
90k X 3 = 280k, Bill tells us 900k came in so easily an entire THIRD went up in smoke salary alone.
If you're a startup and paying yourself anything more than "ramen and electricity" you're doing it wrong.

3 weeks later
#19056 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I just cannot understand how John has not been visited by any "personal debt collectors".

Are you certain he hasn't?

1 month later
#19589 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I agree! I don't believe anyone would take MG instead of a refund at this point.
The game will be nowhere near what the hyped expectation was.

Accept the diluted version of MG or get nothing. I doubt there will be another option.

Refunds will not be issued, nor is this new company obligated to issue refunds.

#19603 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't think you understand how the law or the real world works in these situations.

Are you going to sue the new company and its principals?

#20018 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Pictures of these pins or we are really wasting time here.

Where have you been Rip Van Winkle?

4 months later
#21358 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hey i think i play alot ...just may not know all the rules lol. I usually put on a few hundred plays a month on each pin .... thats around 1k games a month for just me. Not to shabby imo

Even if I were retired I couldn't play that much.

#21401 7 years ago

Are there going to be any videos of JPop doing cartwheels in the warehouse?

#21430 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yep, I will give him due credit for the Dog..........but the guy is a BRONY!!!

I would be more worried about the person who knows what a BRONY is.

#21643 7 years ago

Were these UL tested? Did they need to be?

9 months later
#23781 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Different Strokes would be a great theme!
Watchu Talkin Bout multi-ball

And I'm sure you can get Todd Bridges and Charlotte Rae for voices. They would also allow their images to be used, unlike this POTC nonsense.

4 months later
#23968 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

My testimony was very straightforward and took 5 minutes. I paid, he did not produce, give me money back. In the end that is what the judge agreed to for me. I get all my money back. I am not going to discuss the other claimants settlements, although I will say no one got less than me. Defendant attempted to squeal about more than one issue. For example at the outset he attempted to split the claims into 26 separate small claims (side note - in a VERY BUSY courthouse like Cook County suggesting that increasing the workload by a factor of 26X to a judge does not seem like a smart tactic). In my opinion defense did not present any defense at all. Just procedural shenanigans.

Also personal liability was found, corporate veil pierced. Told ya JPop. If you don't run it like a business you can't use it to hide behind. That is what the Court found.

What about the "He was entitled to take a salary" defense?

Congratulations, I am very happy for you and the other claimants.

3 months later
#24185 5 years ago

I think that will be a pretty bad night for him.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mike_j.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=mike_j and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.