(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22152 7 years ago

Anyone else see something wrong here?

Clear flipper button on left VS Red flipper button on right

#22198 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Not really. there wasn't anything added for a 'special feature' on the left as far as i know. One the right though the upper flipper button is for magna save.

But look at it. Clear button has a leaf switch and does stuff.

Red button has nothing. Is it just a fake button for aesthetics? That flipper button does nothing

4 months later
#23577 6 years ago

In the flesh.

Not even close to playable

DSC_0008 (resized).JPGDSC_0008 (resized).JPG

#23589 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No kidding - I was at the same league night as Meegis and got to try it out. The backglass flexes when you press it and rattles around because it's not secured. The side rails flex because they're barely attached to the cabinet. That's just the tip of the iceburg on the poor construction. The thing is a joke.
But it's good looking and lights up. So there's that.

Quoted from frolic:

Same here, and it suuuuuucked. The game died on my first ball.

Dont forget, the shooter lane side rail needs to be removed to launch the ball.

All I saw in the game was a rehash of all of his previous games, but sadly none of it worked. Even the ball launch through the WCS skill shot flip-up was a horrendous disappointment. The ball goes flying, because nothing is there to stop it.

#23614 6 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

You have your work cut out for you - read the first 23,000 posts. I'll save you some time getting oriented...
A quick recap.
JPop will never (IMO) build another game or be hired by any pinball maker.
He would be foolish to show his face at any pinball event - ever.
His failure as a business person was a spectacular train wreck.
Many people tried to help, were frustrated or rebuffed or otherwise screwed. - they starting telling their stories.
Vendors who gave time and parts were not paid. $thousands were lent in parts, labor, or prepays - all were squandered.
Claims are ongoing in litigation: I don't think any court rulings are final: claims are many and include fraud, commerce laws, broken contracts.
Recommended reading to catch up:
1. Various efforts to get a business person to rescue failed - search Pintasia in this thread - you will get the best picture reading the 100 posts before and after the Pintasia "event". Bill Brandes is an experienced business investor - Jpops misrepresentations were many. Bill spent real money on discovery and his findings were a big help in discovering the real state of MG and the lack of progress.
2. Read the keyposts at the top of this thread. Keyposts are marked by a small group of experience Pinside editors - the key post idea was prompted by threads like this with thousands of posts.
3. Search the thread for Bruce Zamost - He initiated the class action suit.
4. A small list of those who tried to help or were stiffed for payment include ZombieYeti (art), Applejuice (code), PBL, GLM, Cointaker, APB coils and electronics. Many tried - Ben, Spooky, JJP, myself, Andrew B, Ben Heck, wcbrandes, @pdxmonkey- the list of well intentioned offers is long, and essentially summarizes as: JPop alienating everyone, refusing to listen, no humility to accept criticism, no credit to any of the artists, coders, suppliers, money troubles, etc. JPop went the opposite of other start-ups, and was completely opaque, and often decietful. Successful startups such as JJP and Spooky were very open and detailed on successes and failures, speed bumps, set backs etc. - completely opposite for Jpop.
5. Over time, we all discovered JPop has nothing to do with art, code, engineering/design on previously credited titles (he did some, but major oversight was required by the "real" designers - Steve Ritchie could explain, but he'd rather poke himself in the eye that recall those memories). Many podcasts have covered the fiasco, with interviews.
Whew - It was cathartic to write this. I only wasted a few hours trying to get MG to show Bill and the public a partially working MG at the NWpinball show. I feel horrible for the $loss and damage to many of my pinball friends, and pinball folks I haven't met, but were treated badly (putting it mildly). Hopefully this is an informative reply to your question.

I had no idea +/- 23,000 posts could be summarized so well.

Bravo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meegis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=meegis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.