(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6626 9 years ago

omg... i've got some catchin-up to do

jpop-1.pngjpop-1.png

#6635 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Kaneda got JPOPPED!

ya think the AG contacted Wired ?

1 month later
#9981 8 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Or to put it another way, how can you spend $1mil and 4 years in one room and not have anything real to show for it? I would go postal if I was working 10 hour days, isolated from the world, with no progress or point to the day's activities... how can you tinker aimlessly that long and stay sane?

maybe drug abuse ?

#9983 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

He does have a lot to show for it. I'm not being an apologist for how everything was handled, but just trying to clarify some misperceptions. There are 2 virtually complete games designed, production-quality parts and all. One should be revealed very soon, if what I've been told is correct. Just because he hasn't shown it (for whatever reason!) doesn't mean there's nothing to show. Anybody who has visited his workshop knows this. And I can't imagine somebody would try to step in to get the games done if they were just in early stages of development.

skit-b has a great working game

#9987 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I wouldn't go that far. Working yes ,great NO !

yeah i played it... good point. neat, but the front-center target was just evil.

#9990 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Word is new investor is calling people.
There are rumblings about no money up front will be required. We shall see an email is coming and John is a douche.

what's he calling them

#9996 8 years ago

...like watching an ebay auction the last 30 seconds

#10004 8 years ago

blablabla...

#10006 8 years ago

10000 !!!

hopefully didn't break pinside...

porsche-crash.jpgporsche-crash.jpg

#10050 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Can we get all the pile on dicks to weigh in now?
Thank you for what we already know

someone call me ?

#10093 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

hopefully the JJ team has something flipping by now...after 6 months??
I know I would...
IMHO
John Popadiuk

#10112 8 years ago

Jpop does not need contractual protection to eliminate his legal obligations, risks & responsibilities with all paying customers... so that a new business entity & team may proceed.
Those are 2 completely separate relationships and obligations.

Insist that the arrangement between Jpop and a new business entity/team be completely independent from ANYTHING related to CUSTOMERS.

Then a 3rd contractual & financial arrangement needs to be made between Jpop, the new business entity/team & VENDORS.

Jpop (in the past, currently, and going forward) is to maintain ALL LEGAL & FINANCIAL risk/burden for the success or failure of each of these products even if a new business entity/team is added into the mix to assist in his business. The new business entity/team can choose to accept contractual/legal & financial risk by working with Jpop, or not.

NO NEW CONTRACTS should be required for CUSTOMERS. NONE !

#10114 8 years ago

It would appear besides Jpop, that the next biggest douchebags are :
Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC who sadly are trying to force both legal & financial constraints on CUSTOMERS !

A law firm does not write a 1 sided contract in a vacuum. ALL CONTRACTS are open to negotiation, including ignoring.

Let's see if this becomes searchable on Google:

Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC are trying to rip off CUSTOMERS

Legal Counsel (USA) – Jordan Litwin, Meltzer, Purtill & Stelle LLC are trying to rip off CUSTOMERS

#11001 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am one of those who lost his money as well. Does it mean its a big deal to me... seriously all money lost is, however I believe there are some out there that are perhaps even affected more than I. The items on the first letter are designed by everyone involved including the lawyers however there has only been one letter to come from Pintasia and that is the one that should define us because ultimately that is the one that is being followed and was what the intentions were from us all along. As soon as a "joint venture" can be announced it will. If it can't I will hang my head, take my loss and sleep at night knowing I did all I could with the skills I have. I will be the first to apologize for wasting everyone's time. There is no conspiracy theory here that I can promise.

are you saying the first letter sent out by jpop is null & void?
or
there are 2 letters now that are valid & required for negotiation & signature:
1.) jpop document, and
2.) pintasia document

#11096 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

second one supercedes the first labnip. Are you in on one of the machines? Did we miss you in our communications? PM me and I will get you copies. I believe someone posted here.

Plan & Future:
Thanks. I might have missed the post about that.
I didn't go in on the original purchase plan, but have wanted to buy a MG if it became complete, originally planned as maybe being a 2nd owner of one.
Seeing recently that more could be available, now have interest as potentially a 1st owner.
Hence the question about multiple versions of contracts going out to customers.

Benchmarking Situation:
Drawing from experience spending most of the last 26 years in the game industry (building games & game companies), there was a lot about Jpop that didn't put checks in all the boxes to get across the finish line.
But, now with a second chance, fresh blood and a new coming together by vendors (very key), there's some potential for a win.

Legal Weakness in future team:
Aside from: people, process, policy, tools & governance to execute successfully, the next largest risk appears to be unwinding the legal & financial train wreck that is jpop. The language written in the 1st contract sent out by jpop is just horrific. If written by the current law firm that is in place with the new team, then that is likely to be a giant show stopper if they are still involved. I'm embarrassed for them to even associate their name with that language.
a.) If required by client(s) to be written by the law firm, then it shows lack of experience at the law firm in counseling clients in effective legal agreements.
b.) If both proposed & written by the law firm, then it shows lack of experience at the law firm by blindly tossing in far over-reaching language.
c.) If written by someone else, another firm, Jpop himself, other... then shows a lack of governance by new team.
In all cases, it gives a glimmer of future legal & contractual defects that will be happening across all parties: business entities, vendors, customers, employees, contractors, licensees. And because that is one of the major pillars to enable the success of this initiative, one could propose that something needs to change already.

Having written, negotiated & delivered contracts up to $4B+ in size, $250m in global game team budgets, managing 500+ game related vendors in parallel, and delivering 150+ game related projects per year, blablabla... this 1 (one) pin getting complete should not be this problematic with effective planning, risk management & staffing. Just a thought

#11097 8 years ago

dup post

#11121 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The layout reminds me a lot of SWE1. Symmetrical ramps, open target area in the middle, pop bumpers in the same place, raised skill shot, similar orbit placement, etc... Magic Girl has more going on obviously with the upper playfield, loopier ramps and more magnet tricks.. but deep down I think this game shares more with SWE1 than any of JPops other games.

hmmm good points

#11122 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good observation and I agree

you beat me

#11159 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I JUST don't get it. That looks about as complete of a playfield as you can have, all that was missing really is software (which MG appears to have if John continued to use your code and boards). It seems so ridiculous that John felt the need to work on side projects when there could have been a very flippable game to show off to the public a year ago.
Above and beyond someone auditing his books for money, part of the demand should be a for a timeline of where he spent his working time. Seems like he had so many volunteers and unpaid vendors/workers that other than being a "director" or "designer" john didn't do much of anything other than sketch some artwork, design some mechs, and build a one-off playfield in 4 years.

fear of success

#11182 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

John, get two envelopes.

hehehe...

2 weeks later
#14985 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As the saying goes, "all good things must come to an end"
Although I'm not sure what good has come out of this disaster
I'm done with it as many of you I'm sure will be thrilled.
It's been a long journey and looking back in the beginning there was so much excitement and positive stuff and 4 yrs later it's over, 2 years with this thread. Wow
So this is the end for me, I hope to stay in touch with many of you via PM that have become friends of mine
This place has brought out the worst in me at times, especially recently, and I value my character and integrity more than anything so it's adios and vaya con dios folks!
Thanks,
Doug aka Iceman
As always, when we meet up Beer is on me and if anybody ever needs help on anything don't hesitate to reach out

bert-tron-boom.jpgbert-tron-boom.jpg

1 week later
#15923 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Trent feels relevant at the current stage of this saga.
» YouTube video

note: Trent is relevant every day

4 months later
#18309 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What a sad story. Though perhaps a very necessary one for the industry and community.

Quoted from rubberducks:

With regard to this being some kind of intentional fraud or not, I don't really get that vibe.

Quoted from rubberducks:

We've all done it, mostly innoccuously ...

He doesn't seem like a bad guy...

Quoted from rubberducks:

Pinball is always rehashing stuff. AIW is different, obviously, but the art packages for MG was complete and RAZA nearly there.

Quoted from rubberducks:

There's a lot of man hours in that, and the work is of a high quality.

It's a shame you didn't get the opportunity to preorder one

3 months later
#18581 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does anybody know if Steven P was a real person, it would make more sense than anything else if he was an alternate John account.
I doubt this, it would just make more sense. Which makes the reality even more depressing.

StevenP = John douchebag wife ?

#18586 8 years ago

But have you ever talked to StevenP and JPop's wife at the same time, or ever seen them in the same place at the same time ?

batman-jpop-wife-1_(resized).jpgbatman-jpop-wife-1_(resized).jpg

#18588 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have talked to Steven P, He is a good guy and like many of us was misled by John.

but was Jpop's wife also anywhere to be seen/heard during that conversation
hehehehe.... slow day... what time does superbowl start anyway

#18616 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I still find John a very talented and unique pinball designer, my personal fave as I've expressed before. It's a shame there as been such turbulence around these new games which in my opinion have all looked amazing. If there is a will there is a way. The Pinball Inventor has nothing else to prove but make nice pin games. He will come through in the end...

I want want he's on ^^

#18631 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

For comparison, think about how done TBL appeared at Expo 2014 compared to MG at NW 2015. One felt complete while the other was a prototype but with final art. And TBL hasn't shipped yet. Scaling that to MG, even if it had been saved, when would it have shipped? 2018?
That was a big reason I wanted nothing to do with saving it. You could develop entirely new pins in the same amount of time! Why does MG deserve 6 years of dev time, and who the f**k would hire Jpop (his real goal, clearly) when you can hire Dr Flash with no baggage and get one game a year?

Aren't u on vaca

See ya soon in Dallas.
Hey, did u get my response to your question last week-ish?

#18634 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes I'm on vacation but still lots of waiting around down time
And no, I didn't get your response re that thing I asked about. Shoot me an email?

Yup. Sent email. I'm avail.
Most people put me in spam after the 1st few emails

#18636 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh yeah you did. Guess I should actually read my email more often.

Not when you're on vaca

3 weeks later
#18662 8 years ago

I'm b!tch s1ap jeal0us

#18668 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Right upside the head Tuckey! Do it!
LOL Found this photo from my expo 2014 photos I took. Hehe

20141016_152402_(resized).jpg

Maybe Todd is trying to talk him into pushing it off the roof ?

#18671 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Can't believe (I still can't) that the delusional bonehead was all thrilled about bringing empty cabinets to expo after 3 years of development, and then stood around while everyone felated him (at least in his own mind).

Well great... Now I have to look up "felated"

#18682 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

i still see john's stupid head daily when i play my CV.

Oh hell... Why'd you have to show me that

#18685 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Why don't you add googly eyes?

googly.png

And some boobs

#18701 8 years ago

Someone sends me that backglass art file & I'll fix up a new one that is douche free

4 months later
#18951 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Would he be forgiven if this were the case?

2 weeks later
#19011 7 years ago

Bleep... You guys have like super powers spotting him

2 weeks later
#19032 7 years ago

I heard he had designs on getting to Expo for the free food, but never got past the design stage

1 month later
#19437 7 years ago

passed-out-1 (resized).jpgpassed-out-1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.