(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17796 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Just came from church

Hey, JPop, ever hear the story of Zacchaeus the tax collector who ripped people off? He took responsibility for the error of his ways, and told Jesus "Anyone I have cheated, I will pay back four times the amount."

Unfortunately, JPop, you're the "hypocrite, whose conscience has been seared as with a hot iron."

1 week later
#17952 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

John was close to tears at several points in this interview. (If you couldn't tell that, "listen better!") Maybe it's not sorrow or remorse, but he clearly knows how serious it is.

All the evidence suggests it was self-pity, if he really was close. I'm definitely not listening again, unless someone knows the exact point. I didn't want to listen in the first place, and believe the pinball community should freeze JPop out, not give him a respectable forum. But I too listened to the train wreck on a slow day.

Anyway, the way he came across to me was glib and apathetic. It was especially obvious when he talked about "Reaching out to the community... no one helped..." This very much came across as saying, "Hey, I tried to reach out, but you guys let me down, what do you expect would happen?" "There's even guys that could solve it with a stroke of a pen or phone call." Yeah, he wants more money. He's got a victim complex. As others pointed out, something is off in him, whether it's diagnosable or not. Any psychologists out there to do a profile? Surely it's something to do with narcissism.

Any semblance of sympathy, sorrow, or remorse came across as some coached words he was reiterating and completely lacked sincerity, as when he mentions "taking responsibility".

Is JPop a soulless zombie? Did he sell his soul in exchange for his early successful work, and now he's just an emotionless, conscienceless automaton? Why doesn't he get it?

1 year later
#21612 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I've shown a few times now a couple of things that should be included at a basic level, which appear not to be available. This is just crazy because if the game is locked somehow into a basic flipping about 'novice' mode, i had more code than that completed by my first usa visit in august 2012....
The only way this get sorted is if i get sent a game....

That seems good, the less of your unpaid work that's on there, the better the motivation for others to somehow get you paid in full and finish things off.

I think all the owners should harass John about the code, suggesting you get your machine and $$$, so you can properly update what you have and do refinements / bug fixes.

If that doesn't seem likely, I'd think it'd be warranted to have a kickstarter / gofundme / whatever to cover what you should have got. It looks like the machine's value is at least somewhat appreciated, so maybe owners would be willing to give $ 500 - $ 1000 each to turn that into a real game.

#22057 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Is there anything actually *original* in MG and not swiped from a prior JPOP or other game? Magic Girl is the K-TEL of pinball releases it seems...

It would be fun to make a list... I'll get it started...

Ball Launch... WCS

#22091 7 years ago

Ball Launch... WCS
Flippers: Humpty Dumpty

Magna-flippers: TZ

#22094 7 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Let's dust them off and get the whole collection up somewhere. For history's sake.

Someone post the one about his criticism at expo of other boutique manufacturers. So laughable in light of some of his short cuts... no shooter lane groove???

Who set up johnpopadiuk.com? Put the quotes up there...

1 week later
#22951 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Jpop came out right now and said I'm going to sell 20 of the zombie chick bowling pins and asked for a $10k deposit and a $17k price tag, how many people do you think would sign up?
Gonna buy MG for $30k and not Zombie bowling for $17k to have another "piece of history"? I wouldn't, nor would many but like so many of you guys keep saying, there are plenty of "collectors" that would. The evidence is in.

Fronting money for a wish is something completely different: Magic Girl exists today and can be delivered immediately, "Zombie Bowling" is vapor. That evidence doesn't apply unless JPop tricks someone again and has a "ready" product first.

1 month later
#23390 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveKing:

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.
-Dave

GLWS! I'm enjoying the Mystery Castle you sold me! Hope the lawn recovered / is recovering!

Bid with confidence! Good seller...

#23430 7 years ago

Looks like Dave will get his money back, and then some maybe. It's amazing, if you told anyone you'd plan this pin today and describe the exact condition it would be delivered, as this one, who would pay $16,000 for it?! But here we are: so is the value in the art work, the history, drama, rarity?

I held the bid for a bit, but it was just for fun to take part, would love to here how the high-rollers bidding now are valuing this.

Congrats Dave!

#23431 7 years ago

Wondering more about value of this...

Maybe there could be a business reason to own it. Where is Applejuice? He said if he gets his machine, he finishes the code. Hhhm, buy the machine, give it to Applejuice in exchange for the rights to the completed code as you now paid for it, JPoop certainly didn't. Then get your investment back by selling to the owners.

If I were an owner, I'd coordinate something like this with the rest of the owners. Band together, buy the machine, give to Applejuice, bam, you get your game completed... Everyone chip in $1000-$1500 to complete your game? It would be worth it...

2 months later
#23639 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekie:

Is John Popadiuk really working on Thunderbirds Pinball? Fact or Fiction?

Fiction: this is an old rumor Mike/Homepin put to rest a while back. But he was coyly mysterious about who was helping.

1 year later
#24267 5 years ago

Magic Girl for sale in Seattle for $14000. Is that the original price? This guy's not trying to cash in it seems.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-interesting-craigslist-finds/page/13#post-4660474

#24273 5 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Man, what WAS the original price? Was it the same for everyone or didn’t it get more $$ overtime?
I’m surprised there wasn’t more talk about John being at expo or videos of him being berated or something

People withheld applause! That guy's got such a twisted ego, that's probably as good as anything. Imagining everyone else getting applause, and him speaking, and then crickets, makes me LOL... Maybe that'll be the status quo response to him, what else might be appropriate?

Didn't someone get the obligatory picture of his backside too?

#24276 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Well if you knew a working version of magic girl was possibly coming out from deeproot, wouldn't you try to dump it too? It's sort of like a year ago when you started to see people throw up their monster bashes for sale.

No, knowing some have sold for $20K+, that's also what I would have at least asked and see what offers I got. Didn't Brandes claim he got $30K offer?

But you're right, given past selling prices, this does seem like dumping it. I don't know if I'd put it down to potential release though.

#24279 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeppers. Right up there in post 24262.

Nice! Sweet burn! Take that Johnny!

#24280 5 years ago

Can we get a "Hall of Shame" on Pinside? We can start lining up these backside pictures there...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider highvoltage.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=highvoltage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.