(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18914 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy. I had no idea that Hennessey was having these kind of problems.

Problems like this with Hennessy go way back quite a few years. For a while John Hennessey was even on forums cussing people out for bringing stuff like this up. Tons of horror stories over the years if you start digging in. Of course people who use Hennessey are idiots with more money than brains anyways, but they still didn't deserve to get ripped off.

3 months later
#19384 7 years ago

New pics just added on American pinballs Facebook page

FB_IMG_1474682413065 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1474682413065 (resized).jpg

FB_IMG_1474682408287 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1474682408287 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#20309 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Boy between this and the neg bombing, I'm feeling the love.

Well you did call us all racists and said you were leaving here for good so...

I will say your article and podcast made me much more open to the idea of maybe AP could pull something off, but then after expo I'm right back to skepticism again.

3 months later
#20639 7 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

The games have been made under my design, direction and oversight, with many custom features all standard. We have tried to make a

If a feature is custom, then how can it be standard?

#21257 7 years ago

BBB is a mostly complete game though. MG seems more like a King Kong or a kingpin, both of which command much more than BBB. Those are games where the layout is pretty much there, but a lot of the coding isn't finished and there's probably a lot of tweaking left to do. BBB was pretty much a finished game when Capcom shut down it's pinball division.

#22187 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I've tried ringing Jpop twice. The phone rang 8 times, but then there was a recorded message where he states "you have reached John's iPhone, thanks", followed by an electronic message "the mailbox is full and cannot accept any messages at this time".
I'll keep ringing. If nothing else, it will be a niggling inconvenience for him, as he hasn't (yet) put calls straight through to voicemail.

Is it just me, or does it drive anyone else up the wall when people refer to their phone as their I-phone? Like I never would say "Hey, thanks for calling David's droid turbo, please leave a message!". Its a phone dude, no need to be specific about the make. When I hear this I just take it as some Apple snob wanting to make sure people know they are talking to somebody who is all about Apple products. Sorry, your Apple stuff doesn't impress me, quite the opposite really, so why not just call it a phone and quit trying to church it up buddy

#22196 7 years ago

He's exactly the type of guy I would expect that from too. I think a few posts back somebody posted one of his blog posts where he said something to the effect of "I'm firing up my Mac and getting to work" if I rolled my eyes any harder I'd go blind

4 months later
#23649 6 years ago

So he's opening a grocery store now?

5 years later
#24401 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Admittedly I’ve been having some fun with Pinside. Some of you may be disappointed to discover that my breadcrumbs, while real, are gluten-free.
After all of these years there is only just so much that can be put into an article. But Martin Ayub of the Pinball news really went the extra yard to travel to Chicago, interview, document, confirm, and photograph our recent history.
The following article will bring everybody current but it nowhere near covers all of the legal twists and turns that we have endured. At least twice over the years we were dead in the water. But the group hung in there and managed to survive another day.
And it still ain't over...
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/12/01/zidware-case-resolved/
The email posted at the end of the article goes to me as I will be handling the auction details. Please note that this is a private auction and there will not be any auctioneer fees. We want to keep it clean and simple for everyone.
Pinside gonna do now what Pinside do...
Kim

Wow what a long crazy story this has been. Kudos to the 19 guys who all had the balls to stay pursing this matter! Thank you for all of this Kim. Some of the stuff is definitely mega cool, I hope you're able to recoup a good portion or all of your funds!

8 months later
#24462 8 months ago

I won't have time to listen to this for a little while still, what was the context of this quote? Theres plenty of terrible things about all the Jpop playfields but I thought the art always looked awesome

7 months later
#24521 15 days ago

Somewhat off topic but does anyone else have trouble with this thread where it won't let you click the link for "new posts"? Maybe its just too long and pinside glitches out? But this thread, and this thread only (as far as I'm aware at least, I have not gone into every thread ever on pinside) is the only one I have this issue with. I just have to go to the last page and try to figure out where I left off.

#24526 14 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wasn't that also the "fixed" version one buyer modified (magnet grabs the ball to upper playfield)? Even the RAZA that deeproot developed looked like it played pretty crappy even with a modified ramp. Just looked clunky with a divided playfield (like data east Batman). John always seemed to be about the mechs, with an illusion of flow because of his swoopy ramps. If I had to guess even the stuff Williams released probably had to be tweaked by someone else like Dennis Nordman.
Psst! DPX, I can save you millions of dollars. Drop both raza and magic girl, focus on Alice in wonderland. Take the foam concepts and throw them away. Hire Dennis to do a phenomenal layout. He just left AP.

Yes that was the fixed version. I played it in October at expo too and it was playing really bad. I played it at expo 22 though and it was much fresher and I remember it playing pretty well. Granted, there was constantly a long line to get to it so games were brief and I think I only got on it 2 or 3 times, so its possible I was just caught up in the moment. I remember it being the highlight of that years expo for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.