(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11109 8 years ago

What in the hell is that contraption in the middle? Is there an elevator to the top? That looks like one of those wishing funnels that you put a coin in and watch it magically roll on it's side down and down and down and down........Seems like a bog down to wait for that thing.

#11200 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

BBB was limited by the number of boardsets Gene got when he bought out capcom. Anyone who wants to revisit that saga need just go back on rgp and search.
The short of it is though that BBB was always going to be limited. It took forever to get built. Beauitful art, but gameplay wise you will see people say if its value would fall between airborne and PM.

It also took a 3rd party to come get involved to get BBB done and out the door. Kerry Stair swooped in and saved that one.

#11275 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Legit options sure....but if the options are Shit-B, Zitware and (if Elaut's allegations are true) JJP , are those options we want? Options take your money and give you nothing?

Maybe Rick gets a full head of steam (already has a big head full of......) I KID!!!!

We need someone to ramp up real production. Not this trickle of one-off game stuff. Someone to compete with Gary straight up. I just don't see it happening. Not unless one of the game companies with huge pockets decides that there is profit in pinball now.

#11294 8 years ago

JPOP was an idea guy. He wasn't the wrench turner. His best games had a top notch co-designer and programmer. Silver made CV happen. JPOP just had his name on top bill.

This whole boutique pinball thing is full of idea guys just like him. Not enough wrench turners. And while Kevin might have been a wrench turner, he was too much of a mouth breather to make the business deal stick together. It isn't surprising to me that someone like Kevin got closer, though. He was ignorant on the actual process and just kept plowing ahead. Hell, not even falling to secure the license got in his way. He didn't know a roadblock when he saw it.

Like Rarehero said above, you have to have the logistics in place to manufacture already, before you even think about dipping your toes into this water. If Midway or WMS or EA or some gaming giant decided to throw $25M at retooling a factory, they have a prayer. But they hire the JPOPs of the world to design. Not to run the whole shabang.

#11348 8 years ago

gambit3113™ has never heard of deeproot®. Who in the hell is deeproot®?

#11355 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

deeproot® and deeproot® alone has the ability and sole legal right to make assertions of fact on its behalf. Other than the posts made herein by this account (deeproot), we do not choose to do so at this time.

Not gonna lie, I might need to see these sentences diagramed.

® and ® alone is the only entity with the ability (but also the only entity with a legal right) to make declarations containing factual basis for itself. And ® refuses to make such declarations containing factual basis right now. Errrr, except for the declarations made in this thread by ®'s account.

Who shot who in the what, now?

#11357 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I searched for "deep root San Antonio" and it looks like this is your answer.
http://deeprootfunds.com/about/#.VWU2pXA8KK0
RJM = Robert J. Mueller

I am so lost. Clearly the Matrix is glitchy tonight. I am not chasing the white rabbit, Morpheus.

#11362 8 years ago

There are like 14,000 posts in this thread. Someone could claim that Nipsy Russell was defamed in this thing, and who could possibly prove otherwise?

#11364 8 years ago

Ok, so they were the Bill before Bill. And JPOP burned that bridge. Sheesh.

#11369 8 years ago

Somebody put all that RAZA art in a box and send it to me, while you are there raiding the joint. That stuff is tits.

#11585 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What the hell?
Anyone read the stuff in that link?

I remember someone on RGP that used to post rambling, link filled posts like that about people. That is some Loose Change stuff right there.

#11627 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A lot of folks may want to sue Zidware / John just for the pleasure of it.
If the Pintasia plan requires zero lawsuits, it's just like those "Get Traffic Fatalities Down to Zero!" ads - just ain't gonna happen.

Ben Heck loves traffic fatalities. Totally goth.

#11650 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Why is your company so passionate about people not suing John and Zidware? Your company seems awfully concerned about liabilities you claim you're not responsible for.

Suits will put Zidware into bankruptcy, which will mean that Zidware can't license MG or any other machine. They become assets for the trustee to collect and decide how to liquidate and pay off the creditors and convenience creditors.

#11654 8 years ago

Long story short: possible, depending on how he set it up and what method of incorporation he used. But unlikely. The protections are there for a reason. Small businesses start up and fail with investor money every day.

#11667 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

They could still keep the license. The royalty fees would help satisfy outstanding creditors.

So, you propose a bankruptcy that is indefinite and runs into perpetuity? That isn't how this work. That isn't how any of this works. The trustee will gather all assets, publish and invite all real creditors, choose a course of action that maximizes the satisfaction of the hard creditors (those with outstanding and unpaid bills for services and goods provided), and then throw the scraps to the convenience creditors (those suing for personal damages). Any asset with value is going to be on th auction block for all to bid upon and buy - including any tangible properties, intellectual properties, and/or rights to same. The trustee is not letting Pintasia have a perpetual license to produce MG. MG is being sold for whatever value it has, including all rights that run along with it. Pintasia could just intend to wait around for the year or so that the process would take, and hope they can get the assets in auction. Or they could attempt to avoid having the assets forced into a bankruptcy proceeding altogether.

#11688 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It lines up with my assumption John has spent the last couple years trying to get bought out rather than build a f'ing pinball.

He's been auditioning for a gig and hoping someone with an assembly line brought him on and his games. Pat took his garage game to JJP. Pop was just adding games to his garage haul until someone bit. KISS license was a home run swing. If he could wow them and secure that, Uncle Gary had to come a callin'.

#11690 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Yes, he actually mentioned it on the phone with me last year. He was hoping JJP OR Stern would buy him out.

He obviously never listened to the Topcast episode with George Gomez. Gomez made it very clear that he blamed John for effing up SW1 and not using the Pinball2000 platform competently. There was no ambiguity to his feelings toward JPOP. George wasn't signing off on bringing him into the Stern fold.

#11700 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

There were 3 mentions of JPOP total I recall from listening to the TopCast episodes recently. One was above, one was from Python, and I forgot the 3rd. None were positive.

I couldn't remember how Python fell on him. Python liked "artists", so I was thinking that he liked Pop's ingenuity. But he might have thrown him into the Useless Fraud Shuckster category. It was one or the other with Python. Artist and Genius or Worthless F@*+.

#11729 8 years ago

Did I see "Unicorn Fur Collected"?

#11735 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of pinball!
Right down to company folding, and someone swooping in to slap it together at the last minute.

True story, Apogee/3D Realms' offices were about 2 miles from where I sit typing this, replete with a big bio-hazard symbol cut in marble laid into the lobby floor. When they were going belly up, a Scared Stiff popped up on Craigslist in my ZIP, at a price that was nothing spectacular. But the listing claimed the machine was never on route. I recognize where it is and drive over. The one lonely, sad guy left to box up all the stuff and clear the building before the padlocks got slapped on the doors, was trying to get the machine sold b/c he had no idea what else to do with it. The machine had been a gift from Bally/Williams in 1996 or so, to Apogee. They sent it in the box and the Apogee guys set it up and played the absolute shit out of it over the years. They also threw the keys away with the box, so the glass had never been off once. It was a wreck. I have never seen a non-routed machine that was more blown out.

#11759 8 years ago

Really? This story isn't common knowledge? Jack got pissy with Charlie for starting his own pinball company. Jack was working with Charlie as a kind of middle-man for cabs (and maybe PFs?) through the place Charlie used to work, and somehow felt that meant Charlie was beholden to him to never do such a thing.

#11995 8 years ago

Good lord, we get it. DFRF. OffshoreAlert. Ponzi. It's on the radar.

#12007 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It is most concerning that in finding out your Finance & Operations manager has a 15 year history of illegal financial activities you are pretty much OK with that and willing to continue with business as usual. That's not how I would take this info. And you seem to not have even gone into the information and checked it out for yourself? Like... shouldn't you be interested in that sort of thing? As a millionaire business man I might find that a bit more interesting than "well, i'm not involved in any ponzi whatsits so whatever, no big deal."

That tinfoil hat website with no known author and lack of legitimate news source isn't exactly Woodward and Berstein level authority.

#12439 8 years ago

Zane Smith probably needs to have a talk about staying off public forums in discussions regarding a party opponent. Aiming at your own feet here.

#12695 8 years ago

Everyone has the right to do whatever they want. If litigation against Zidware and JPOP smells and feels like justice to someone, so be it. Personally, I don't think there is a prayer of getting to him personally, and his wife being included is borderline unethical, absent some suggestion that he is transferring assets to her as separate property and that there is legitimate cause to consider piercing the veil as legitimately feasible. I have my doubts, but don't know enough one way or the other. I do know that business ventures fail every single day, and vendors and investors and people holding nothing but an empty wallet and a fist full of promises end up getting in line to divvy up bankruptcy assets, if they are lucky. There is a reason that there was a fee over contingency for the attorney pursuing this stuff, in my opinion. But again, my opinion is only mine and is based only on my understanding of the facts that are common knowledge. But turning on one another is no way to solve this. Bankruptcy is inevitable, it would seem. So everyone might as well sit back and see where that plays out. The machine is there and is an asset to be purchased. Someone will grab it, presumably Bill.

#12698 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes G, you know the outcome as well. I know you do. And the bet still stands.

Anyone with suit pending when he enters bankruptcy will be a convenience creditor. They might get 4% of their claim value.

#13309 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

wow... impossible not to take that personally

yeah, Ben obviously has a personal axe to grind with JPOP. But that was kinda dickish.

#13310 8 years ago

#13476 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm of the (outsider's) opinion he killed Capcom.

That Japanese president of Capcom was apparently not amused when he saw it on his tour of the Chicago facility. It wasn't long after that before the doors got locked. According to some, just a matter of a few days.

#13827 8 years ago

Walking in with a receipt for a paid preorder from a failed business would not entitle you to ownership of the prototype. Stop with the bad advice and hyperbole.

#15022 8 years ago

I am continuously amazed at the public discussions and comments here, by people actively engaged in litigation (or at least pursuing claims that will likely result in litigation) toward a party defendant. If I was John, I would be printing every page of this thread and storing them.

#15117 8 years ago

This thread is stupid now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.