(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17474 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I wonder if we'll ever see "his software guy Cameron" at another pinball event?

He better not ever show his face in pinball circles again.

#17480 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Put the pitchforks away. Cameron never worked with John after WMS.
Without Cameron CV 2.0 would never have seen the light of day and he was also responsible for the good parts of the layout.
He did the code on SS too.
-c

Nothing at all to do with John - in fact, long ago enough that the statute of limitations protects him from legal recourse (but there's no limit on him living with the knowledge of his crimes.)

#17485 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yes, please explain. You obviously signed up just to post about this, so explain away!

Sorry, was following this thread because I like John and wanted to keep up with what was happening, but couldn't let pass a comment about what a great guy Cameron is. He's not. He comes across as all nice and sweet but that's just part of the grooming process. Watch him around your teenage sons. I didn't well enough and we're all still paying the price.

#17489 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Man, you gotta say more than that. You can't just throw around phrases like that.

I think I've made it pretty clear, without saying anything that could cause him to come after me for libel. Though getting him on the stand in a libel case might be one way for my son to get some justice. The Evanston police department couldn't do much more than sympathize with him, given the delay in reporting. At least he's on the radar now, and the parents of the various teen boys he was spending so much time with have all been warned. I hope he hasn't found any new ones. And he hasn't attended Pinball Expo since this all happened and he damn well better not ever again.

#17492 8 years ago

Sorry, didn't mean to derail this thread (as if it wasn't already about 10 miles off the rails!) Forget about it. Back to your normal JPOP-bashing. Just don't bring up Cameron again and I'll just fade back into lurk mode, OK?

#17517 8 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Hmmmmmm... For your first two posts, these are pretty inflammatory. You might want to ease into this so you won't get yourself in trouble. Best of luck to you.

Come on, with a little work you could be more condescending...but fair point. So how's this:

John asked me a few times across the years to do some pinball programming for him nights and weekends (I think some of that even predated this latest debacle) but life was just too busy and complicated for me to even consider it. (And I'm talking normal day-to-day busy and complicated, not the extra stuff like finding out someone you thought was a good personal and family friend was really just doing all that to gain unfettered access to your sons.) John even just wanted us to come visit his shop and see what he was working on and sad to say I could never find any open weekend to do even that. Last I talked to him was well over a year ago, but recently someone pointed me to this thread.

I know absolutely nothing about his situation or what's going on or what he was thinking through all this, but I am personally all too familiar with the magical thinking that sets in when you quit your day job and throw your entire life into a struggling entrepreneurial adventure, banking your entire existence on fulfilling a dream. Things that seem so obvious to outside observers can't possible penetrate your cloud of hopes and aspirations. I know first hand that feeling that with just one break, just a little more money, just this tiny thing or that big thing, you'll be over the hump, the dream will come true, the future will be brighter. It just has to be, because the alternative is too bleak to consider - not only the dreams failed, but basic life itself crashing down in terms of food and shelter and existence. I had my "adventure" when I was much younger - no wife, no kids, no mortgage. It was a retail environment, where the biggest company hole you could possibly dig was a couple of months' rent and utilities, maybe a shipment or two from any supplier foolish enough to extend you credit - but it's easy to tell yourself those are all faceless corporate entities that build that sort of thing into their business plan. I can't even imagine the level of magical thinking required to start down that path with the middle-age responsibilities of a family, and with large sums of money taken from individuals to fund it. But John's artistical magical thinking was what generated all those other pinball machines you loved, so I guess there's my answer.

I'm not here as a John apologist. (Heck, I was trying to just be here as a lurker.) I know nothing more about this situation than what I've read in this thread, and it sounds pretty crappy for anyone that got involved. I just think that anyone who is imagining John as some evil genius scam artist has clearly not ever run their own struggling business. It warps your mind, it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do, it can even ruin your life and the lives of others. My business partners and I ended our struggling business with a lot of personal debt, and it took me years to recover. I hope John similarly finds some way to eventually put everything right, though from the sound of things he hasn't reached the stage yet where the magical cloud blows away and he can see the situation for what it truly is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.