(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecurtz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6955 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Definitely an art to making it all gel together. We have really high expectations now as home players for sophisticated rule sets. When a new Stern comes out we're just as (if not more) interested in who the programmer is compared to the playfield designer or artist.
I'm not saying no one in this thread could do it. But it's just another big unknown.

I will code any pin for $24,995!* C#, Python, ARM assembly? We're too crazy to care! Just pick your board set and let us do the rest! Ask about our no whitewood required virtual pin service.

Seriously though, if John actually had a completed design for MG and wanted to get it programmed it wouldn't be THAT difficult of an endeavor. He'd just have to spend the extra $200 a machine or so to use a P-Roc or Fast board set instead of some custom monstrosity and suddenly there's a large community of people who could handle the job (presumably after being paid up front.) I can unfortunately relate to being a perfectionist and not wanting to finish anything if you don't think it will be just right, but you need to be able to let go of that once you start taking money.

*One game per customer, some limits may apply, void where prohibited.

3 weeks later
#8317 8 years ago

Not that it isn't still ridiculously expensive on a per-ramp basis, but couldn't one just use the wooden model if they were only making a couple dozen ramps?

1 week later
#9338 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just wonder, taking emotion out of this for a moment (easy for me to say) – what's the end game?
Because let's say everyone says FU to this deal (it's feeling that way now), then what? John is broke. It's not a rumor, he has no money. What exactly are people hoping to do? Pierce the veil and try and get him and his wife to sell their house and assets or something? It just feels like the possibility of actually getting your money back is really low.

Presumably Zidware goes bankrupt, the assets (artwork, computers, CNC machine, cabinets, "patents", etc.) are auctioned off and everyone gets back a few cents on the dollar at some point in the future.

#9494 8 years ago

I will personally happily take all of the Zidware assets and assume none of the liabilities. I'll even sell you a MG 4 years from now for $10,000, assuming things go well. This is what the "investor" is offering (plus apparently paying JPop as a consultant.)

I have no skin in the game but claiming it's this or nothing is absurd. The bankruptcy court isn't going to let Zidware give away everything moments before they declare and John is just making himself more vulnerable to personal liability if he thinks that's a good idea.

#10036 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I don't think you could sell 200 units of "Elvira and the Muppets Fight Jaws" with Iron Maiden soundtrack at 16k, let alone this tainted mess.

In for the LE!

#11237 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Band pins are one of the last vestiges of hand drawn licensed games.

I'm sure Jeremy can draw Eddie...

#11823 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

It looks to me like Sabrina might have the money and contacts to get this done.

To be fair, these days they won't even give young businesspeople their junior capitalist merit badges until they've faced at least a few racketeering charges.

#12169 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Wasn't the rotating flashers used on Wizard Blocks? Or the prototype 3rd Pin2K game?

If these are similar and Cointaker is able to get any of them back from John I'm pretty sure there's a market for them. I love those things.

1 week later
#13398 8 years ago

So where is it? Not at the show as far as I can tell. Still being fine tuned at the hotel?

#13545 8 years ago

Isn't Magna-Save trademarked!?!? Scandal!

#13657 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy terrible glass glare, Batman!

To be fair it's directly across from a giant wall of floor to ceiling windows and it's an absolutely gorgeous day. Which is why I'm skipping the show today and about to head out for BBQ and drinking cold beverages in the sun.

#14816 8 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

Okay, team Oregon who secretly has the machine for some vague Visual Pinball plans, let's throw it all on the table. Here's my thinking based on the obfuscated posts thus far:
You plan to make a Visual Pinball recreation of Magic Girl.
To make a VP recreation, you need lots of scans/pictures of the playfields and plastics, right? So right now you're taking the machine apart, taking pictures/scans, to acquire that data. Must be fun...
Maybe you're taking measurements for distances so you can get virtual placement "just right" (let's pretend that you are, because that means you actually think you might recreate this game)?
You're probably also looting the software side for assets...? Game code, animations, audio/sfx..?
No wonder you're doing this in secrecy. If you have John's blessing to do this, that's crazy. If you don't? That's crazy too.

John has digital originals of all of the art and layout so obviously there would be no need to scan or measure anything to make a virtual version with his cooperation.

#14986 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I don't see any case for John going to jail. Personally, i think he was just dumb as a businessman. I don't think his intent was fraud.
Personally, I think a case against his company, Zidware can be won. But as I laid out before no money will be paid to us as it will all be gone before we get some.
I think you could try to sue John personally, but I think even that would be super hard to win. A criminal case, now that seems extremely unlikely to happen. Im pretty sure you have to prove intent to fraud.

It seems unlikely, given all the other business failings, that Zidware will have been set up correctly to protect John from personal bankruptcy when it gets to that point.

#15576 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It would be years before John decides to go into voluntary bankruptcy, if ever.

http://www.drescherlaw.com/library/creditor-s-rights-capture-a-debtor-s-value-by-forcing-an-involuntary-bankruptcy.cfm

IANAL and I just picked that Google result randomly, but it sure sounds like it would be easy to force Zidware into involuntary bankruptcy (and that's what I'd be doing if I was a customer, rather than pursuing a civil case.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecurtz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=ecurtz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.