(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6091 9 years ago

Reading all of this just makes me so sad. Is it that bad to believe that a great designer/artist could not have made one or two pins even at those high prices. I should have known better when AIW was announced and I had to hear about it here as I told John I wanted to purchase everyone of his future pins with the same number. He had me a customer for life and I bet many more,why could he just not build one and concentrate on that. I am reminded of a commercial when a fellow was in a hold and was trying to get out of debt or something and the voiceover said "The best way to get out is to stop digging"

Happy Easter or Passover! I wish I was looking at unboxing pics.

1 month later
#10175 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

pinballnut3 hits the nail on the head. Each show you go to eats up multiple games worth of profit, not to mention time.

Even for distributors who now have used show only pins rather than the desired new in box.

2 weeks later
#14509 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Revisiting the KISS thread is amusing and sad. Plenty of
"He did this on his own time, for a dying friend!!!! I see nothing wrong with it and certainly doubt resources or time was diverted from Magic Girl!"
As an aside, this thread surely has achieved some kind of internet forum record for use of the phrase "skin in the game."

Where is the Kiss proto now?

1 month later
#16684 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'd extend that offer as well. If anyone has $250k and wants the pin of their dreams, PM me. I'll take a year sabbatical from work and do it for you.

Futurama I have 50k find 5 more

#16685 8 years ago

I would also like a custom drive in theme pinball but could use CFTBL as a template but use my drive in called Central Drive In Theatre located in Norton Va. I like the naked chick I saw on a few CFTBL too.

Thanks
Buddy

#16885 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I think CSI is great....

I do too great toys and with LEDs the look is incredible. The one I got from Greg in Arizona is incredible and I have yet to tire of playing it. He dud a great job of getting it custom modded and powder coated.

6 months later
#18599 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does anybody know if Steven P was a real person, it would make more sense than anything else if he was an alternate John account.
I doubt this, it would just make more sense. Which makes the reality even more depressing.

No Steven P is a real person and nice guy. He warned me about doing a fund raiser for my drive in theatre in 2013, he took some heat on here for his answers of law but was genuine and really cared. I was upset as other drive ins were raffling guns and atv so I tried a pinball machine here in our community group. I went ok as long as tax income reported. I meet him later at Expo with John. He owns some pins too and like many of us a fan of JPOP'S work beforehand at WMS.

3 months later
#18860 7 years ago

Robots are going to be doing that soon with new wage increase. Fast food has no choice but to let you push the color button to order fries now like getting your own drink. I remember the good days when a real person messed up our order.

#18862 7 years ago

I will never have robots at the drive in as I often work the ticket booth and love interacting with my customers. Our food concession stand makes everything the old fashioned way fresh and hot made to order. Sometimes the wait can be long however. 15 dollars per hour would probably inflate movie tickets from our 8 dollars for two.movies to 10.dollars per person. Check us out at www.centraldrivein.com
Pinsiders get half price if they mention Pinside and are a member.

5 months later
#20224 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I will sell my RAZA and AIW spots for two cases of beer.

Busch or Corona?

Major difference in price points.

#20225 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why do people want rare things? Seriously....I don't get it.
I get wanting "things"....I like "things". Now some of the things I want also happen to be rare and they tend to cost a lot more. However, I don't want them because they are rare. So what's up with that?
And I agree with Wolf.....artificial "rarity" I find somewhat offensive. I just don't care about the "exclusivity" factor.

I enjoy my rare PistolPoker pinball and CSI and NBA from Stern which have smaller production runs than most Limited Editions.

3 months later
#20581 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Why am I even complaining... I got a t-shirt and it wasn't even on the list.

If you had never sent that late night RGP post I would have never known and maybe we would have lost out on those expensive Tshirts. I so wanted to believe!

2 weeks later
#20791 7 years ago

I never got a full refund but I did get partial refund for 3 months plus this neat TShirt.

Congrats to everyone, what a ride!
Is 19 the confirmed number as it was only 13 then 19 then maybe expanded to 30 or 50.

20170214_173515 (resized).jpg20170214_173515 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#22218 7 years ago

I had rabbit 004 I wonder who got mine. I felt lucky to get a partial refund but ne er dud the full amount. So glad to guys are getting yours but that money I need to reopen the drive in movie theatre and on March10 this will start the 4th season of the new digital format vs 35mm used for decades. Please send me some pics of the lucky person if possible.

1 week later
#22975 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'll just beat everyone to the punch...
It's mine. Let the shit show begin
ebay.com link »
While I don't expect it to sell for that, I encourage serious buyers to contact to me directly.

If it sells for anything close Congratulations just remember me at Expo. I love another care package like last time when you had to get on the plane with John. Makes for happier moments in life.

1 week later
#23163 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Uh yeah there is... I have 9 thousand dollars worth of check receipts and Paypal... I know what I've been screwed for thank you very much.

I was in for both machines also..I did get some money back but nowhere the full amount. Maybe my refund was just BHZA or RZA instead of MG and I should be getting one of the Magic girl pins already. 27k paid got 10k back and one 5k check bounced that I have as a souvenir. 17k balance should be a MG.

3 years later
#24336 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'd be there wearing it proud.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

hand delivered too. Oh man so sorry

#24341 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

If not for you, I'd have absolutely zero.</blockquot

True, but I can't imagine it's the legacy he was hoping for.

It was great meeting you and seeing your collection. Ok be of my favorite traveling up to Expos in person trips. I just wished we had never seen that post on old newsgroups so Don and I could have saved money. Sorry for your loss too. Somewhere my 5k might still be doing someone some good. Sure wish I had it now for to Covid killing the cinema business. Oh well. Atleast we have the memories.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider doughslingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=doughslingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.