(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmesserly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#955 9 years ago

#958 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's get real here Greg. Nobody every stays "alienated". Look at Stern.
If you see a pin you like from Jpop you'll buy it, IF it ever gets made

Seeing that Bill aka Wcbrandes is in on all 3 of jpop's I think you misunderstood

Yeah, I missed the later comment that he was an owner. That's why I deleted my post. You're too quick!

My comment still stands for anyone who thinks ajpop owes them any info if they aren't a customer. Right or wrong, it's the way he chooses to run his business.

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's fine, but you have to understand that he's not going to attract new customers that way (or people to "buy out" a pre-order when someone wants a refund.) That's "The Lebowski effect" vs. "the Jpop effect"

Sure. I understand that. I hope he does as well. I don't really care what anyone says here about his business. That's their opinion. What annoys me is people's sarcastic attitudes that John owes anyone outside his customers.

2 months later
#3405 9 years ago
Quoted from jaimmy127:

I also agree fully that the MG, RAZA and AIW money needs to be seperate. As a RAZA owner, I obviously don't want my RAZA money being spent on MG development production and then find out there is no money left to finish RAZA. All three games should have seperate budgets tracking the funds that have been paid towards that particular game.

I understand where you're coming from but I would say complete segregation of funds isn't possible. Jpop's spent a lot of time and money developing the system, boards, cab, common parts from scratch for all his games that has to be supported by funds his first few games.

The problem is how much time and money he overspends on developing MG way past what he originally planned.

2 weeks later
#3848 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

There really aren't many koolaid posters left. I'm just sorry for how all the negativity of this entire fiasco has reflected off me.

It's not reflecting off you...you're bringing as much as anyone else.

#3864 9 years ago

You know, everybody and their mother and their dog has the right but not the obligation to post every clever thought in their head, particularly those who aren't invested.

Man, its so tiresome.

#3868 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Waiting for my game with no deadline is definitely tiresome.

I agree. I'm tired of waiting. I'm unhappy with the whole thing and it's a long way from over.

But I'm sick of the passive aggressive schadenfreude from everyone else not involved.

Sure I can ignore this and that's probably the right thing to do. So I'll go hide in the secret blog as I was so wisely advised to do.

4 weeks later
#4468 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

To those who want to learn from our experiences.
The private owners group is an established success. On day two Aaron from FAST asked to be a member. Welcome Aaron. Also on day two, JPOP's attorney joined the group. He is freely interacting with us and has already provided a lot of information. Much of it he provided without us even asking.
We still have a ways to go and Iceman will be doing some heavy lifting. But after last nights round table discussion my stress level has flat lined.

I got an invite but the links will not work. Did anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

I sent Kim an email but expect it will take a bit to get back to me. I'd like to catch up on what's going on.

Thanks,
Dave

#4473 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I went through my blackberry and that worked. I too couldn't get it through regular email. Give your personal hand held device a try. Perhaps even ipad

It worked on my iphone. Thanks.

#4658 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I was thinking of running through the blog and marking a development timeline with milestones, just out of curiosity. To me it seems like 90% of the work was done by the end of 2013, then he started navel-gazing on unimportant details. But it's hard to be sure without mapping it all out.

Have fun.

4 weeks later
#6163 9 years ago

Stupid place to argue about JJP. He is building and delivering pins. JPOP is not. To my dismay.

#6164 9 years ago

JPOP is not bad faith. It's not criminal. But its "criminally" incompetent.

#6306 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Lots of righteous indignation but not a lot of action.
At this point I'm more frustrated with you owners not taking a more active role in getting action than I am with Popaduik. Maybe the super-sekrit club house on Facebook should organize a get-together at Zidware and make some demands in person.
But I guess everyone is too busy? Or can't be bothered?
That's how Popaduik wins and continues to dick around with your million dollars without a care in the world.

This is a primary example of the idiocy that threatens to ruin Pinside as a hobby site. And the reason why a Facebook owner page was created.

#6310 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What, that people should take action, perhaps as a group, instead of just grumbling about it?
Yeah, that's the cancer that's destroying Pinside.

Nope. That's not the example. The rest of your post is. Plus this post.

#6654 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm watching out for them so they don't get snow jobbed by a PR story that doesn't include all the realities.

Since when does PR ever include all the realities?

1 month later
#9817 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I fully agree with you.
I got my refund 6 months ago, I was not as patient as all you guys. I was feeling hinky about John for a long while. Several years of posts on his blog of mechanisms and artwork but nothing that looked like a playing pin. I figured at best he was still several years out. At the worse, I figured that he was where he really is.
I said above, John has lied every step of the way. Now he sais he's broke and we're supposed to believe that?
I don't know what type of incorporation his company is he personally may be liable for the damages he caused, he has not opened his books but this is not just a case of being a poor businessman it's a case of reckless and deliberate fraud same as Kevin.
I believe his leasing a large complex was totally wrong and reckless. He should have noticed that burning many thousands of dollars a month for the number of months he was letting pass that the numbers didn't add up.
I am sure he has known for a long while that his numbers didn't add up and also that he was dicking around for 4 years and still has no prototype. And yet he still goes on collecting for AIW?
You guys may know me, I rarely (almost never) speak bad of anyone. But John is a complete and total S___Bag and a total P_S.

I'm interested in how you managed to get a refund when no else could. I've been trying for months with no response.

1 week later
#12722 8 years ago

How about the other 100+ customers?

#12724 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There's a non working raza for them. Lol
Don't worry every mg owner is also a raza owner

Joking or not, the attitude that MG owners should come before RAZA owners is a crock.

1 month later
#16385 8 years ago

JJP's comments are pure BS. We"got what we paid for"? Wow, what a lack of class and understanding he has for the pinball community.

One thing he got right. Nobody needs these big toys. Most of all those made by JJP.

I was potential Hobbit buyer but won't burn my money to support this kind of crap.

1 week later
#16829 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Everyone of you will own another JJP game.
He'll announce Pat's game and you all will be asking him to take your money!

Actually, no. I was very interested in a Hobbit once it was released and I saw how the final product turned out. I also lost my money with Jpop. Now that I see that Jack's views are I got what I paid for then I won't support him or his company.

1 year later
#20062 7 years ago

Good pinball needs more than playfield design and manufacturing.

It needs good design backed by testing and refining to create a well playing playfield. Then it needs good coding.

Who knows if they can find those people. Jpop has imagination but it took a team to make his prior pins any good.

4 months later
#22081 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

My assessment after gameplay is it combines the "greatest hits" of ToM, CV, and TOTAN. This includes the music, sound, and voice attentuation and styles.

I may have missed it but did anyone mention that he appears to have stolen power playfield from Lawlor and TZ? His design history has a lot of these "homages" sprinkled in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmesserly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=dmesserly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.