(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3998 9 years ago

Any MG owners who haven't done so, check out the live link to the sounds and FX, they are pretty sweet. With Williams vet Rob B doing the sounds, Clearly Jpop has a depth of vision that far exceeds merely the art package. Yes, I paid for this thing when Reagan was in office, but after all I've seen (in person and posted) I think patience over pitchforks is the better path here.

3 weeks later
#4439 9 years ago

"First time I've used facebook
I blame you Kim"

Same here, hate FB but just joined because I want to be part of the solution - and Kim has at least provided a place where folks with a true vested interest can cooperate without all of the noise. Jpops MG 'blog' was a joke - placation, moderation and obfuscation at best. Can't speak for the Raza blog as I am not in on that game, but as a MG owner I say it's long overdue that all the owners at least now have the ability to know each other and a have a venue to form a consensus.

1 year later
#18934 7 years ago

Pretty sure that ended up getting shipped right back to JPop after the show. John G, Bill and myself talked quite a bit about the best course of action during/after the show and agreed that it was best to return it; it was toxic and still Zidware property. AFAIK John G. brought the game back to Portland and then arranged to have it promptly returned. Given the amount of time he spent driving to/from Chicago/Seattle to even allow all of us to even see Magic Girl was an enormous sacrifice, and reflects a dedication and sincerity that we can only wish JPop had a sliver of. I am hopeful that after the legal proceedings are terminated there is an epilogue to the story that will finally remove the acrid vinegar flavor from all owners/believers mouths...we'll see. -Dave

5 months later
#20460 7 years ago

I was the third person to call John Popaduik that sunny July 2011 afternoon and order Magic Girl. I picked MG007, because old James Bond movies are flat out cool. On that day I thought the worst that could happen was I would receive a hand-built art piece, or perhaps a box of parts if everything went completely sideways. But to get a Tshirt, an interminable wait, and obfuscation for my 16K? Impossible. Basic human integrity surely would prevent that, right?
Wrong.
I do have this picture though, I actually did get to touch and play the albatross - and they say pictures are priceless. To me this photo is worth about 65 cents - a penny for every month the saga drug on. To all those stung by Zidware, and the hopes, dreams, and money killed there, my condolences. We deserved better. Perhaps the story finally, mercifully, closes for good in 2017. Onward!

IMG_0663 (resized).JPGIMG_0663 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#23385 6 years ago

Time to move on - just listed my MG no reserve. No more "Are these even changing hands.... What's it worth..?" crap. We will have a marker in a week.

-Dave

#23398 6 years ago

You guys are great - this auction is already more fun than I'd ever have with the game. Truth be told I hope it ends up and in the hands of someone like Applejuice or a mechanical guru collector who might be able to sort out the game properly - not stay hidden in a box. Fetch just enough to settle up with a frustrated wife and get 25 of these things working as they should...sounds great to me.

But then again, to quote Neil Young, "I'm a dreaming man...."

-Dave

1 week later
#23503 6 years ago

Fees are flat $250...open up a monthly subscription to an eBay store and that is final value fee cap. $750 if you just straight list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daveking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=daveking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.