(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22733 7 years ago

Hi,
After reading, viewing pics and videos, can so tell me if in a playing position you can see the display?

#22739 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

I'm 6' 2" and the bottom 1/3 of the screen is obscured when I'm playing. Some of the modes use small text at the bottom of the screen so it can be a challenge to see whats going on...

I don't know exactly but I guess you are tall and so a smaller player may see half the screen I suppose..

#22742 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

6'2" = 1.9 meters

Thanks.

So it is what I say. This is not a pin for small guy if you want to enjoy the display animations!

#22743 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They finally let me back in this thread but after watching the videos and reading the reviews, there really isn't much humor to add...

Don't know if it makes laugh the MG owners..

What was the MG sale price?

#22814 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I'll just beat everyone to the punch...
It's mine. Let the shit show begin
ebay.com link »
While I don't expect it to sell for that, I encourage serious buyers to contact to me directly.

I suppose you need money to buy a king Kong, don't you? Lol

#22849 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

to clarify, my contribution was a suggestion to others that are owed games or payment (RAZA, AiW, Vendors) to work now to force bankruptcy. I said the courts should be the ones to sort this out. I have been asked not to comment any further on this so I wont.

Again my contribution to this thread is just to point out the facts and discuss possible outcomes (we are on a pinball forum afterall and talking pinball). Jpop got over 100 people to give him money first (over multiple years on multiple games), then convinced Pintasia to bail him out but a failed attempt at teh NW showing, and finally AP to get MG made. If he can work his magic on these people then what stops him from finding another? At the same time he now has plenty of additional info to show any investor that he is capable of making a game that will sell for over 30k on the secondary market. Reality is that Jpop appears to be in a difficult situation currently, has made comment that he was willing to put out these half baked MGs just to stave off ongoing legal matters. From these simple facts it seems the easiest path to least resistance for Jpop to try and generate revenue would be to make more MGs. If I were in his shoes I would be hunting out an investor, making a deal with Pintasia to get back my license (assuming this is even the case), and slowly churning out MGs piecemill to make more money. Keep in mind the other fact is that the # made/being made has continued to grow over the years and it seems nobody has a real clue on how many truly exist at this time or will in the future. Only time will tell. Heck, none of us could have predicted this 6 year adventure and I think we will all see some more twists and turns as it continuees to unfold.
Fot those owners of MG, I am happy for you. You went though hell and more in this wait, along with likely thinking it was all gone multiple times. I am happy for you! genuinely happy that you got something!
Please dont misinterpret my thoughts that others owed should be looking at legal proceedings/action or my guess that more MGs will still be coming (either with help or without help to jpop) as something against MG owners. As I have said, a few MG owners are good friends. However, I also have a few good friends that are owed Raza and AiW or money for helping MG along the way, and I want to see ALL of them made whole and done so fairly for all where you all come out on top, and not just a few people that got lucky at the right time and ultimately due to more of Jpops blundering antics.
Lets be honest, wouldn't the best thing for ALL hobbyists in this mess be for Jpop to figure out a way to make MGs that actually work, RaZa out the door, and AiW pre-order whole? I think the best possible way for that to happen is for Jpop to leverage the seconday flip of MG and generate the revenue. Think about it this way, if Jpop had opted to make 40 MG and they each sold for 33k, that would have been $1,320,000. That would have been enough to refund nearly 100% of all MG, RAZA, and AiW customers plus pay the vendors.
as a reminder for everyone >> here is what a 33k MG looks like.

Machine - For Sale
Magic GirlNew!New in box (NIB) “Magic girl for sale ... game number 12 new in box magic girl. Buyer handles pick up of game.”
16 hours ago Milton, MA 33,000 (OBO)
lllvjr

i.e. we can all understand your concern that legal actions may happen or that other MGs could be made.

why a sane person would buy a non playable pin 33k? that is amazing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.