(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

3 protos are being assembled now
Looking forward to that case of beer from RD

3 protos of what?

#160 9 years ago

Very cool.

I'm curious... what are the terms of this "case of beer" bet between iceman and RD?

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

What happened to Magic Girl?

This week marks the three year anniversary of its announcement.

2 months later
#293 9 years ago

Is this stream not happening?

#319 9 years ago

Can anyone give a bullet point run down of what was shown and discussed today in the seminar?

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But yes, he will show the progress at expo and I predict that people will be slobbering all over themselves to jump in. And I predict he will be able to build whatever numbers he sells. Who knows, that's just me, but before they come out, its easy to say he can't do it, nothing is guaranteed.

You had me excited. Too bad this turned out to not be true.

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's not what this porthole is for.

I'm guessing it's something down in there that lights up? Maybe shakes or moves? Not sure how the player is going to see it. Also, what if the game is in a tight lineup and no one can see it?

#559 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

AGREED as of right now John has not told me he's changing the amount of MG's so frankly it's a rumor started by Iceman who I don't even know. As an owner of MG and RAZA it would be nice to be better informed.

It blows my mind that those of you who have large sums of money committed to this are confused, uninformed, and not in agreement with each other about what is happening around these builds.

#595 9 years ago

Much longer than 18 months.

RAZA was announced February 2012 (32 months ago). Magic Girl was July 2011 (39 months ago).

#755 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It's sincerely disappointment that someone like DP can announce one year ago TBL effort and come to Expo a year later with a (well, 3 to be fair) terrific pre-alpha game with code.

And really, TBL was not announced a year ago at 2013 Expo... it was only hinted at with the mystery countdown... the actual announcement came at the end of December 2013. So it's only been 9.5 months since official announcement of TBL.

#939 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MG "on a rug" reveal in Dec.

This is great! Will it be a public unveiling at a show (similar to the Expo reveal of TBL)?

#945 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

is this a general for all to see thing?

If it is not for all to see then the meaning of "the lebowski effect" is not truly understood.

4 weeks later
#1215 9 years ago

"All students will be required to sign an NDA"

3 weeks later
#1635 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm ready to throw something at my monitor every time a new art revision is posted and our questions ignored.

Is it taken with a fish eye lens?

#1757 9 years ago

"Please put on these fish eye lens glasses for the big reveal."

#1819 9 years ago

There have been several references to Dec 17th (tomorrow) being the date of the big MG reveal. When did John say this and who did he say it to? Or is this just hearsay? Has there been any evidence that this is still the case?

#1823 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Private reveal day that is

A private reveal is not a "TBL effect rug reveal". Not even close.

#1831 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Speaking as an ex-VIP who was upstairs at the party, we didn't see anything the public didn't. It was just an excuse to drink and hang out. The games were there and on, but same as downstairs, and honestly they didn't even get played a ton, people were socializing more than playing.

The only way for John to even come close to having a "TBL effect rug reveal" is to do it publicly. The very essence of the "TBL effect rug reveal" is the fact that is was public and everyone got to see it, touch it, play it, take pictures of it, post it on Pinside, make huge write ups about it on Pinball news web sites, talk about it on all the podcasts, etc...

The Big Lebowski public reveal at Expo has set the bar for ALL future pinball reveals.

#1874 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Absolutely. There certainly have been other vendors involved. Take a look at page 11, post #519. The major piece of hardware shown in the first image is exactly that, redone from scratch, after fully functional working assemblies were delivered a year earlier.

Clickable link for page 11, post #519:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/11#post-1978552

#1876 9 years ago
Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Anyone else have one of these? Not sure the December 2014 date is still accurate but my card remains intact.

Too hard to read. What does it say?

#1888 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

The only way for John to even come close to having a "TBL effect rug reveal" is to do it publicly. The very essence of the "TBL effect rug reveal" is the fact that is was public and everyone got to see it, touch it, play it, take pictures of it, post it on Pinside, make huge write ups about it on Pinball news web sites, talk about it on all the podcasts, etc...

The Big Lebowski public reveal at Expo has set the bar for ALL future pinball reveals.

Quoting myself above.

If it's private only then it's not a "TBL effect rug reveal".

#1971 9 years ago

Maybe http://www.pussycatpinball.com is John's way of calling "dibs" on a bowling themed pinball machine.

Oh... wait...

#2179 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He is selling a clock.. which is BHZA, which isn't even relevant:
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1490

I like the description of that clock:

"This clock showcases the Zombies from the 2013 Game, Ben Heck's Zombieland Adventure."

Riiiiiiight...

#2532 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Not only in this thread, but surpassed the info. provided on the blog.

This part is a shame. I thought the "value" and the "fun ride" for those who sent in money for the pre-order was being able to see everything as it developed.

It's disappointing to hear that those who can see the blog are still mostly in the dark. What's the point of the blog if it's just fish eye lens close ups and no overall big picture? There should be a nice diary of the complete development of everything in the game. Including videos of mechanical testing and game play.

4 weeks later
#3452 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I guess now is a good time to mention in my contract it says if I bring the game to a show or expo my warranty is void.
Warranty is pretty explicit it is home use only. can't be routed either (will void warranty).

You have got to be kidding us. That is in the contract? What the?!?!

#3551 9 years ago

No one ever doubted the artwork.

#3591 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Video update on the zidware pinball website...
http://www.pinballinventor.org/welcome.html

Looks like it's just that Adobe video we saw a few weeks ago.

#3715 9 years ago

You guys are asking for even more revisions to the art?

#3798 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well John is "starting production" on MG in March
And we find out the story on RAZA in Feb, that will determine a lot for me as far as direction goes

If production starts in one to two months then that means there should be fully playable MG prototypes right now. Has anyone played them? How does the game play?

4 weeks later
#4162 9 years ago

MGC is in six weeks. That would be the perfect place for John to do a Magic Girl reveal. He could steal the show if it's a Lebowski type reveal. He was there last year with his KISS mock up... does anyone know if he is going this year?

2 weeks later
#4923 9 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I'm not sure what is being done this time is really all that different then what has gone on over the last couple of years.

I think the big difference this time is that Iceman and FAST are being very vocal, open, and transparent about the whole thing. A public light is being shined on this by them. As long as they remain open and transparent then maybe they have a chance. Once they start getting secretive then I suspect things may fall apart.

All those who went before them were under the fear of the NDA and afraid to say anything.

Keep shining the light, Iceman. Keep the information flowing. Keep reporting on progress.

#4942 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This is pretty disrespectful to at least some, if not all of the people who have worked on John's projects thus far. For example, the guy who wrote the bulk of the existing code for both MG & RAZA, developed the system for the RGB insert lighting, was instrumental helping build & test john's PROC replacement and much more had a contract to be paid for the work he did. Everything he was given he did do. And John stopped paying him the salary he needed to live on, so he stopped working for John and found other work. To say that he didn't make an impact (or earlier, call him a 'loser') is BS.

Totally agree.

#5051 9 years ago

Can we get an update on the status of FAST and their efforts with John?

#5187 9 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Any news on whether contractors and vendors owed money will be paid up?

This should be the focus. No other discussions should be had until this is 100% completed and everyone who is currently owed money is fully paid. Only then should you move onto other topics like game programming and hardware building.

#5217 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There's a whole lot of remaining payments due to collect in the future.

Along those lines... what about payments owed to vendors?

#5238 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know you want that AIW!

This video makes me think of all those who "really want the cheese" still today. Replace "cheese" with AIW.

https://vimeo.com/35161322

#5333 9 years ago

Good lick!

#5779 9 years ago

Does Rob Berry know this?

1 week later
#6082 9 years ago

Just posted to Facebook.

Careful with those ramps, Eugene.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 weeks later
#7283 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

And given that most (all?) RAZA games are not fully pre-paid (I don't know the details), the additional payments, plus expanding the runs, could well cover parts and production with some profit, imo.

The RAZA crowd should pay up so there is money for MG to get built? Scary.

#7522 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm beginning to think the whole NDA secrecy thing wasn't to protect his intellectual property, it was to stifle people talking to each other and realizing they were being JPOPed. If people were free to share and talk, they'd soon see he was a total flake. And in retrospect the signs were clear - no one in the pinball business would hire him, at a time when Lawlor and Ritchie were coming out with new games. Red Alert!

Bingo!

Also, John didn't want the people who signed the NDA and were working on the project to even talk to the other people who also signed the NDA and were also working on the SAME project! He kept most of the "workers" in their own silos. It ended up being this big secret club where no one even knew who the other secret members were... and everyone afraid to say anything for fear of the big NDA hanging over their heads.

#7714 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I never agreed to fly to anyone's home to complete a build. If John wanted me to do that he should have created a contract (BTW I never had one despite him using my likeness) that specified "public appearances" were one of the conditions of my compensation.
It's a ridiculous idea anyway. Spend thousands on travel for 2 people, and who completes a game upon delivery anyway?

I remember back at MGC in like 2012.... John was giving his presentation on his Zombie Adventureland game and Ben was sitting with him.

John mentioned how if you paid $1000 extra then he and Ben would fly out and help build the game at your house. Ben was obviously shocked at this statement... it was as if John never even talked to Ben about this and Ben was just finding this out. I think Ben even said something to the effect of "what if the customer is in England?!"

#7974 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

What's stopping people from posting video or pictures at this point? Just curious

Maybe it's because there are no pictures or videos. Can't post what you don't have.

#8043 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You could always hire a Crow to break in, copy the hard drives and swap the router on the way out for ~$800.
-I'm not suggesting anyone do this -

What would you get out of this? The KISS slide show from MGC 2014 and some Magic Girl animations?

#8056 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

You'll find his patent application for "Spherical ice-based object residing in extremely high-temperature environment".

Anyone want to estimate how much customer money John spent on patents these past 4 years?

#8093 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Did John respond to Cointaker's post on the blog?

Anyone want to summarize this post?

#8170 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

I think those 3(MG) will be it.Those 3 will be the "legacy" of this whole thing.Not sure who's getting them but I see no way any more get made.They will be sold in whatever stage of completion they are in.
I could envision them at a pinball show ala Pinball Circus.

Rumor has it that the artwork on the playfield on those three prototype MG's is just a sticker. If that's true then I wonder how well they will hold up.

#8212 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The whole shop visitors thing is strange. How can there be such a disconnect with what the visitors have been telling us, and where we are today? Is John literally that good and describing how things will work, that people were ok with not actually seeing it? How in the world can machines have been described as "near complete" 6 months ago?
The proof is in the pudding, and John has no pudding.

I'm guessing there are a lot of neat things to look at with stuff all over the place so it's probably pretty impressive to a newcomer. Artwork all over the place, little mechanisms here and there, 3D printer printing off some plastic pieces, cool hinges, piles of foam core, prototype electronics boards stacked on a shelf, a KISS pinball machine made out of paper. John probably doesn't let anyone focus on one thing... probably shows them around and always distracts them with small items of interest.

What is needed is for someone to visit the shop and take a close look at MG and RAZA. Then return a few months later and take a close look at the progress on MG and RAZA. Not get sidetracked with all the glitz and glam.

#8430 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Glad to see Pinside has updated the dates for John's pins, it pissed me off to see these games listed as 2013.
'image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Really though, any unreleased game should have no year or have question marks instead.

#8506 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It was paid for.

Was it paid for by a check for $0 and a memo line that states "For the love of pinball" ?

#8700 8 years ago

How does one order replacement glass for this custom size?

#8706 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Same way you order any glass? Just tell them the size you want cut.

I pick up my glass from Pinball Life for $20 or $25 a sheet.

#8721 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Maybe it's slightly more expensive, but there's no shipping, and you can pick it up same day.

John mentioned it's going to take "about two weeks" for his tempered glass order.

#8726 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And why is the shooter rod so high anyway? Doesn't it look like it's going to just fly over the ball? So weird.

I guess he will find out whenever the day comes that a pinball finally touches that playfield. Maybe in two weeks after he gets the custom glass in.

#8738 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Be sure to sign up for Pinball School! These techniques and more can be yours for only $1895*
*bank transfer, personal check or Western Union only.

Don't forget... all students will be required to sign an NDA.

#8774 8 years ago

According to this...

http://www.pinballschool.org/enroll.html

... Pinball School is in session today!

Is anyone attending right now? Or does the NDA prevent students from even telling people they are there?

#8788 8 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

"Deep Root Pinball" was John's purported investor.

There is a Pinsider named "deeproot"

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/deeproot

Same person?

#8820 8 years ago

Has anyone confirmed what "heading west" means? Is John officially presenting at a pinball show?

#8986 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

[If] it is not just a rom upgrade you limit the number of people who will use it. If pps would sit down and say we need x amount to pay a programmer to fix the original code it would be more viable.

It totally agree with this statement.

If PPS were to release a simple, official ROM upgrade then the adoption rate with be MUCH higher. If the new software requires a whole new board to be installed in the game and cost hundreds of dollars then this will essentially "fracture the market" and I think this will make the adoption of these new rules at tournaments (like PAPA) be very low.

#9200 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

and love for pinball

Wow, right there in the first sentence... there's that phrase again that John loves to constantly abuse.

#9223 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Zidware has signed an exclusive license agreement with a third-party pinball design company
(“Licensee”) who has the business expertise to bring these games to production.

Any details on this "Licensee"? What is their history with pinball? He refers to them as a "pinball design company". What pinball machines have they designed/produced?

#9397 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We had skin in the game at one point, but no longer. Both Popadiuk and Marsh violated our NDA agreements and have defamed, misrepresented our efforts to have a very different result. I am sad to see this result when it could have been very different just a month ago. Lastly, (and not giving any legal advice to anyone)...as an attorney I am always concerned (from an ethical standpoint) when a 'client' brings me a contract or settlement agreement with a no-sue covenant. Most jurisdictions either do not permit this, or severely restrict its enforcement.
RJM dT/dP

Who is Marsh?

Is this the secret Licensee?

#9450 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's doing it for love of pinball.

Everyone who has ever tried to work with and help John with these Zidware games have done it "for the love of pinball"... and look what happened to all of them. They all got screwed.

#9594 8 years ago

So there is this mystery Licensee who has a lot of money.

This mystery Licensee wants to do something "for the love of pinball" and wants to get into the business of building pinball machines.

Why would this person not want to just start his own fresh new pinball company from scratch and pay the proper people to design and build a game?

Why would this person think that trying to get involved in this toxic JPOP situation is a good idea?

#9667 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Popadiuk and Marsh's scheme

There's that name again. Who is Marsh?

#9847 8 years ago

You want to know the smartest thing John did right at the start of all this? He had everyone involved sign an NDA. Everyone.

That put the fear of talking into everyone and this helped him drag this out for has long as he has.

I'll bet there are STILL people here that are afraid to say something because they still think that the NDA they signed is still valid.

#9890 8 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Kind of hard to even tell how many OWNERS there are for MG. I tried to start a thread getting us MG owners together and the the thread was shut down within 5 minutes.

I found the thread you are referring to:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/buyers-of-magic-girl-only-please

It was locked and you were accused of trolling. Wow. I think you deserve an apology and the moderators should unlock your thread. You did nothing wrong.

#9896 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just know the risks and make sure you are up for it

We get it. You are advising against anyone spending any time or money to pursue legal action against John. You've now stated it at least 20 times.

#10123 8 years ago

We were told that when the Licensee was announced that we'd all know who it was and we'd all be excited.

I have now read the list and I have no idea who these people are.

Can anyone tell me who they are and what their back ground in pinball manufacturing is?

#10276 8 years ago
#10381 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

a non profit venture

This phrase rings a bell... where did we all hear this one recently?

#10513 8 years ago

Now I remember... Iceman44 was the guy who was >BASHING< the heck out of Spooky Pinball when they announced they were going to make a game back in 2013 and he was cheer leading JPOP at the same time.

The following quotes are all from Iceman44. It's all in here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-the-spooky-pinball-podcast-are-now-making-spooky-pinball-machines

-----

ICEMAN44 QUOTES:

"Spooky has ZERO chance of producing anything"

"has ZERO chance of succeeding"

"There is ZERO chance that these DB's can produce 1/10th the pin that Jpop can for 1/2 the price".

"These guys have never made a pin before, have zero experience and want you to believe they can make a great pin for less than every other pin maker out there?....Don't think so......"

"But hey, prove me wrong....I won't be on the list knowing what I know..."

"I'll take Jpop at 2x this wing and a prayer"

"lets just wait until all the facts come out and see who is going to be able to do what"

"you can't make a decent pin for 4500, period....especially Charlie, who has zero experience in producing a completed pin....but hey, good luck with that and I won't be a part of it."

"I really like the SkitB guys and hope they make it, I don't and won't support Spooky."

-----

Keep those predictions coming, Ice! Tell us how this latest situation with JPOP will play out.

#11368 8 years ago

The time is coming very soon for the Magic Girl prototype to be packed up and put into a car to be brought to Northwest Pinball show in Washington. The show is only 10 days away. This means it needs to be packed up and shipped out no later than 8 days from now.

What are the chances that John actually lets his baby go?

#11561 8 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

From the Pinside archive, as of right now:
"Magic Girl is a pinball machine from February 2017, manufactured by Zidware Pinball USA."
I thought that said a different year this morning and has just been changed, maybe not.
Man, I would sure love to borrow Pinside's timemachine.

For any game that is not released, the year should show "????". Also, there should not be a production quantity assigned... instead it should say "in development" or "TBD".

#12045 8 years ago
Quoted from danczaz:

FB deleted...
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

His personal Facebook page is also gone.

#12147 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

where is john's facebook page?

Just like the money... it's gone.

#12267 8 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

I wonder where and why the switch happened between Matt Andrews and Zombie Yeti.
https://www.facebook.com/mandraws

Maybe Matt didn't appreciate the whole "not getting paid" thing and left?

His Linked-In says he is still working there....
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-andrews/26/a66/5a2

Freelance Illustrator
Zidware, Inc
June 2012 – Present (3 years)Greater Chicago Area (telecommuter)
Digitally painted game art for pinball machines, interactive displays, and posters.

Art for BHZA:
http://mandraws.com/post/48566983289/posters-digital-promotional-pieces

#12900 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Gonna call it now, 15k posts by Sunday.

I'll see your Sunday and raise you Saturday.

#13217 8 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

*Edit picture removed* I guess pictures still can't be posted of the game....sigh. Wait for the NW show release it is!
I'm gonna spam the fuck out of pictures and videos in this thread from the show

Please get nice up close pictures. All angles. Thanks!

#13222 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'm not at the show, but my connections sent this.

Do you have a picture from the average player's perspective?

#13228 8 years ago

If you want to own that owl toy today then you can order it from here for $5.99.

http://anwo.com/store/snowy-owl-toy-miniature.htm

#13231 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you want to own that owl toy today then you can order it from here for $5.99.
http://anwo.com/store/snowy-owl-toy-miniature.htm

Or save a dollar and get it from your local Michael's for $4.99.

http://www.michaels.com/safari-ltd-snowy-owl/10126656.html

#13528 8 years ago

A video has been posted at the bottom here:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/magicgirl/index.html

#13694 8 years ago

Somebody do us all a favor and pick up the ball and throw it up the ramp so we can at least see the ramp flow.

#13722 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

We just got updated code over nited from JPOP... Installing now

Is Applejuice still working on code?

#14683 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So one of the reasons I decided to get out and get a refund is that it because obvious that we, as owners, weren't really going to be seeing much of anything, and the NDA was a complete joke.

Can someone post a copy of the NDA?

#14839 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For the last year we have secretly been working a new pinball light structure system for our games. It is something never seen before and we will reveal soon. Everyone will copy it immediately, especially the smaller companies trying to get a stake. It is revolutionary and really cool and customizable.

That is a quote from Jpop... does anyone know what revolutionary light structure system he is talking about here?

#14933 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just walk away, and there will be an end to the horror.

(Love this movie!!!)

#14943 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I am still gutted ( along with all the other stuff that upsets me) that we never got to see the playfield art ,finished playfields, or the game completed. The cabinet art was seriously cool though

Got any pictures or video of this space game?

#14944 8 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

When I was only available one or two nights a week he was always asking me when my contract day-job was ending so I could work more for him, then when it did end, every Sunday I'd text him my availability and he'd never reply. I simply give up trying after three weeks in a row of being completely ignored and sought work elsewhere. It was just luck that he happened to have paid me what I was owed for time worked the last time I was out there before he flaked out on me.

Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully more guys will come forward with their stories... there are plenty of them out there.

#15037 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I was just paraphrasing.

Can we get the actual quote?

1 week later
#15887 8 years ago
Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

so...200k to finish, 500 games at 6k, the project only needs about 3.2 million. Now, all we have to do is wait for that angel investor or buyout offer.

If I win tomorrow's Powerball ($80 million) then I will give $3.2 million to finish this.

So don't give up hope just yet. If you don't hear from me by Monday then assume I did not win.

2 weeks later
#16319 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sorry for being clueless. Where is the letter? Not in a pinside post from JerseyJack, right?

Check fantasygoat's post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/325#post-2554189

#16549 8 years ago

Maybe John is updating his blog for his customers that don't follow Pinside and who have no clue what is really happening.

Bizarre.

#16680 8 years ago

"a new team"

????

1 week later
#16917 8 years ago

Hey look... it's exactly the 4 year anniversary of announcing Magic Girl.

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/popadiuk1.html

#17004 8 years ago

This link works:
http://www.johnpopadiuk.com

This link does not work:
http://johnpopadiuk.com

Whoever is in charge of this page should fix this.

3 weeks later
#17182 8 years ago

John says "we" a lot in his latest updates. Who is "we"?

1 month later
#17591 8 years ago

I'll bet in the interview he will make reference to "we" a lot. Make sure you ask him who "we" is.

4 months later
#18570 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

StevenP sure hit the road as soon as the shit blew up.
Can't say I blame him although he was the one guy saddled up next to John from day one that could have/should have had a clue.
He was the "IP" guy and I assume the architect of that ridiculous NDA.
It's puzzling to me that he was helping John in his attempts to raise money until the bitter end.
When the lawsuits hit, StevenP went underground and left Pinside

He's around. His profile shows he logged on today.

2 months later
#18743 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You never know, he may still find someone with more money than sense to fund him.

Seems to be the rumor lately. Anyone want to spell it out?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=chadh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.