(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18794 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

zidware_istock_photo_(resized).jpg

Jpop should hire zidware interactive social media to improve his online reputation

2 months later
7 months later
#22010 7 years ago

I think everyone has weighed in sufficiently to make his/her feelings known about both the nickname Special K and the person to whom it refers. It's unlikely anyone not already persuaded one way or the other is going to be as a result of further debate, so how about we drop both topics and just talk about the game from here on?

#22088 7 years ago

"This" guy is "the" worst.

#22090 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

If I read a post like that from him I would have jumped ship right away, what a completely delusional guy. I like how he mentions their egos at the "other place" lol, and all he apparently cared about was stroking his ego. I'm guessing there were many more out of control comments by him over the years to the private group.

And I'd love to hate-read them!

#22093 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That type of post that Frolic showed is just one of MANY like that.
Amazing and disgusting. Covering up the lie.

Let's dust them off and get the whole collection up somewhere. For history's sake.

#22641 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

IF the game were magically guaranteed to make it to largescale production. IF the game were magically guaranteed to have complete code. IF the game were somehow adjusted so the many, many, many geometry problems (and apparently missing entrances to playfields), etc were fixed.
I could see there being solid demand. On paper, the idea is good. The reality that came out? Well I mean we've all been watching the trainwreck. So basically, if the large numbers game were more or less none of the things the boutique game ended up being, yeah, sure I see demand.

Funny thing is if versions of the game were mass produced with working mechs and code they'd be worth much less than these original 19/21/25/whatever crap machines

#22795 7 years ago

I have a feeling the tinkerers and challenge lovers will more enjoy trying to turn these incomplete j-builds into the working machines they were promised than if they had been delivered fully functional pins out of the box

1 week later
#23068 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And since when is anyone under any obligation to pay Jpop's debts other than Jpop himself. This is the real world people. Life is unfair and that's what the court system is for. And speaking of the court system, imagine the Judge asking Popadiuk under oath how he intends to pay off his debts.
"Well your Honor, it seems my victims are paying off my debts".

And the judge you tell him whatever people are doing with their own money has nothing to do with his debts.

1 month later
#23454 6 years ago

If 'social inventions' refers to getting a community to send a million dollars for figments of his imagination then this is one business jpop is actually qualified to run and I expect him to do gangbusters

#23455 6 years ago

Hey, did any of the original owners reach out to John about their warranty-covered machines on the offchance there were defects in material or workmanship?

http://www.zidware.com/pinballwarranty.html

Zidware Inc, ("ZW") is pleased to warrant, only to the original purchaser ("Warrantee"), that this pinball machine ("Product")Product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for ninety (90) days after delivery to the Warrantee (the “Warranty Period”).

1 month later
#23556 6 years ago

We're up to zidware.com redesign / rebranding # what at this point?

"Interactive wonders & media works"

1 month later
#23650 6 years ago

John on Spooky Pinball Podcast from December 2012. Quality stuff. Same bullshit five years ago as today. Only difference is the percentage of listeners who knew it.

Jpop part starts 87 minutes in

http://www.spookypinball.com/podcast/Spooky_Pinball_Podcast_33.mp3

1 week later
#23657 6 years ago

Site relaunch #5,236. This time he is designing the future!

http://www.zidware.com

4 months later
#23774 6 years ago

Really digging this DR interview. It's even better when you picture this guy giving the answers.

lol_400x400 (resized).jpglol_400x400 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#23823 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

His use of "social justice" is so... odd.
It's almost like one of his infamous examples of hearing in passing about something, not understanding it, yet thinking it would benefit him to use it, and then not even using it correctly.
ie:
-"Pussycat Bowling Pinball", because people like bowling apparently, from the success of "Labowski".

From the looks of concept artwork he might just be sexually attracted to cats.

3 years later
#24344 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Man..it takes a while for JPOP to deliver my Alice in Wonderland.
I bought it in 2012?!

Another company, Deeproot Pinball, has announced it is helping John fulfill his contractual obligations and that they will be the ones releasing AIW. More info here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution

1 year later
#24347 2 years ago

Update: Zidware products still available for purchase

https://www.cafepress.com/zidwareboutique

https://www.cafepress.com/profile/19394640

screencapture-cafepress-mf-36662528-cafepresswizard1designolwhitepng-womens-cla-tshirt-2022-04-09-16_10_19 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-mf-36662528-cafepresswizard1designolwhitepng-womens-cla-tshirt-2022-04-09-16_10_19 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-mf-37031726-cafepresswizard2pinkdesignolwhite-mugs-2022-04-09-16_09_48 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-mf-37031726-cafepresswizard2pinkdesignolwhite-mugs-2022-04-09-16_09_48 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-pinballdecal1-tote-bag-1065830589-2022-04-09-16_11_08 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-pinballdecal1-tote-bag-1065830589-2022-04-09-16_11_08 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-profile-19394640-2022-04-09-16_11_28 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-profile-19394640-2022-04-09-16_11_28 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-zidwareboutique-2022-04-09-16_11_58 (resized).pngscreencapture-cafepress-zidwareboutique-2022-04-09-16_11_58 (resized).png
#24349 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Go over to Pinball Life for some real deals.

gone in moments

1 week later
#24354 2 years ago

More Zidware goodies available for purchase! (ht @knapp_arcade)

https://www.facebook.com/GAPpinball/posts/2792292691076606

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 6.18.57 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-22 at 6.18.57 AM (resized).png
#24356 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of all the art Jpop has stolen, I wouldn't say this stuff is the best.

Also not a fan. Find perplexing the widely expressed opinion that Magic Girl is one of the most beautiful games ever made (if not the most beautiful).

#24364 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m not trying to be ignorant , but I’ve only been around 2 plus years .That being said ,what’s the real deal with JPOP ?IMO his earlier pins were different from the norm in a real good way .I really wanted to see him in the mix with current pins because of his unique style .It blows my mind what that Roger did .It’s a mix of gigantic testicles mixed with a overdosing of stupidity but still .I guess what I’m asking is why he wasn’t hired by an established company prior ? Whatever anyone thinks , he gathers more attention than any other designer by a country mile which is what’s so confusing about this story .

First hour or so of this fine podcast will catch you up very well https://player.fm/series/the-worst-of-all-possible-worlds/emergency-pod-deeproot-pinball-ponzi-feat-levi-nayman

4 months later
#24373 1 year ago

Well how about this. An honest-to-God development. Mitchell et al file a motion to dismiss their adversary complaint against Jpop on account of the parties having settled.

jpop-mitchell-60-2022.09.21.pdfjpop-mitchell-60-2022.09.21.pdf

Zoom dial-in info is provided in the linked doc for a hearing scheduled for October 13, 2022 where the motion will be presented. While acknowledging that I'm no lawyer), I suspect those proceedings will be quick and uneventful.

So... can anyone share the terms of the settlement?

#24375 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Also not a lawyer, but thinking those involved probably can't or at least shouldn't comment until after the hearing.

Agree

3 weeks later
#24377 1 year ago

Case closed!

jpop-mitchell-62-2022.10.14.pdfjpop-mitchell-62-2022.10.14.pdf

This mean people can now spill the beans?

1 month later
#24382 1 year ago

Provocative breadcrumbs, Kim. Would you provide us any insights into how things shook out?

#24387 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

12-01-2022
Around 5pm (GMT)
or 10:00 AM (MST)
Or BHT (Ben Heck time)
[quoted image]

At what point is a breadcrumb so large that it is simply bread?

#24420 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think Robert mentioned a couple people did take him up on the cash out offer. Most let it roll into store credit and we know how that ended up. (Does anyone else remember how deeproot had online profiles for users which for some reason included their store credit on public display? You could figure out backwards how much some people lost to JPop)

I remember. And have screenshots

#24429 1 year ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Has Turner mentioned anything about the storage unit assets (IP/hardware)?

These assets are unrelated to what he purchased via the deeproot stalking horse deal. I also doubt they would be of interest to him as the RAZA we saw at deeproot was redesigned from what was done at Zidware.

Also, big props and congrats to all involved who fought the good fight, stuck it out, and ended up coming away with something.

#24440 1 year ago

The man sure did love his arts and crafts.

8 months later
#24461 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Here's the best thing that ever came from the Zidware fiasco. Jeremy has been at Stern for a long time now, but yesterday, Stern made it official.
From Knapparcade:
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-officially-hires-artist-zombie-yeti

Greg Freres to Jeremy Packer: "Your Jpop playfields were terrible."
- https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-114-year-of-the-yeti-part-2-withe-jermey-packer

8 months later
#24512 16 days ago
Quoted from mrgone:

For years now I’ve kept thinking, where have I seen this image before?
Oh yeah, from here. [quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa nice catch

Must just be a coincidence. Plus the other one's mustache goes down rather than up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.