(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11006 8 years ago

Just read threw most of the thread this weekend and my goodness what a freaking mess. I really hope things work out for all involved parties one way or another .

1 year later
#21302 7 years ago

Wonder what someone will pay for a nice looking pin that is basically just s piece of art with lights? Lots of deep pockets in this hobby so im guessing a fair amount just so they can have the bragging rights and cool factor in their collection ...just like bbb that most never play unfortunately. Dont get me wrong id love to have these pins, but im in this hobby to play these toys like they were meant for not just to show off and look at. I have some nice high end expensive restored pins but i play the shit out of them and they are doing just fine.

#21342 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thing is with BBB - you CAN play it! I've played it a ton...everything works great, and it's a lot of fun. It's pretty and functional. It was a fully realized game & piece of commercial equipment. Same with Kingpin, King Kong, and most of the other rare pins. Sure you can argue any of these games could have used a few more months of programming - but as they stand, they play fine and all their features work. If MG just flips but generally doesn't work as intended ...I'm not sure what the desire to own one would be. If you really must have "Jpop Art"...CV, TOM, and TOTAN are available. They look AND play great!

I agree ive played bbb and like it. I dont think u understood what i was trying to say. What i was trying to say is that most people that buy bbb rarely ever play them bc they are afraid of lowering its value...thats the people that will probably pay big money to own a mg because they dont care about playing as much as the collectibility factor, bragging rights and the cool factor. I have some valuable restored pins that i play alot bc that's what they are for......

#21350 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Not from my experience. Do they all take them to shows? No, but I've never seen one walled off by velvet ropes or left off for fear of playing them.
Half the people on pinside probably don't put up enough games on the counter for such 'fears'. Meanwhile, my games got over 1000-1300 plays each at Magfest in a single weekend as I put them out for others to enjoy.. because others did it before me so I could enjoy games I didn't own.

What are u talking about velvet ropes and shit? Most not all bbb are pretty low play from what ive seen and ones that have seen play sell for less because of a few imperfections. Look at the one in tenn few months ago that wasn't perfect . It took a bit to sell at a great price with lots of extras . For this reason many owners of them tend not to play them as much as other pins in their collection from what ive seen. If i had one it wld get same play as rest my collection bc thats whst they are meant for. However lots people just collect nice pins and rarely play them which sucks but they can do as they want..

#21351 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I've had children standing on a stool play my BBB.
» YouTube video

Did i say every bbb was a collector piece that never gets played ..... ahh no i didnt.

#21352 7 years ago

Ive met so many collectors that hardly ever play their pins its crazy and real shame but its their stuff so they can do as they want.
Ill be there to buy them once they are done looking at them for a few years lol.

#21354 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This coming from a guy that didn't know the inner inlane in TZ temporarily lit the Slot Machine.

Hey i think i play alot ...just may not know all the rules lol. I usually put on a few hundred plays a month on each pin .... thats between 1-2k games a month just from me. Not to shabby imo

#21355 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

This coming from a guy that didn't know the inner inlane in TZ temporarily lit the Slot Machine.

Hey by the way i knew it lit the slot , but thought something was wrong with my light bc it flickered a awful lot and it seemed off to me.

#21357 7 years ago

Im ready to see some real gameplay of this beautiful magic girl pin.....or at least some glass off action.

#21364 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Even if I were retired I couldn't play that much.

Most my games are set up very difficult so they are usually between 3 min average game time last i checked. Dont take long to put 10 games a day on each one lol.

#21367 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

What's your average game time, 2 minutes?

Quoted from bigd1979:

Most my games are set up very difficult so they are usually between 3 min average game time last i checked. Dont take long to put 10 games a day on each one lol.

Lol. They are set up very difficult. I checked ball times on all and met had longest at around 4 min but most were right around 3 min.

#21368 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Just saw your response.

Lol. Im not a fan of long games so its open outlanes, 7-7.5 slope , hard settings and very few extra balls. Its best way to set up the b/w pins imo that way they dont get old to quickly.

#21370 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Works for games with shallow code. But making games like TWD harder than factory would make getting to the wizard modes damn near impossible.

Agreed thats y i said bally /,Williams pins... my walking premium is a butt kicker and actually needs set up a little eaiser lol. Met is pretty deep but not as evil as walking dead so it stays factory settings .

#21511 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Hilton is a piece of work. I had to file a local police report couple summers ago when the MG was at the NW show because of him and his threats. He was spreading that somehow we(pinballbulbs) "Stole" the prototype from the show and were keeping it I guess. Then he started to spread my personal home address and antagonizing people to come roam around to my house and check it out. I just had a newborn at the time and my wife and her were home alone all the time, so it was super upsetting and inappropriate.
Not surprised by his behavior above at all. He devalues this website heavily.
Ps - I don't know Kim ,but he can come play pinball anytime at my house

O my.....

#22262 7 years ago

Lite the kings chamber again and put it in the center hole and see if the magnet catches it instead of shooting out the top....

1 week later
#23024 7 years ago

What a total waste at this point.... im really glad people got something but anyone who buys these for big money is just throwing money in the toilet imo. Game plays but not much at all there and its just a shame as i think it cld of been pretty awesome.

1 week later
#23208 7 years ago
Quoted from ShinyNick:

in that video it looks like the spinning disc turns counter-clockwise and saves the ball most of the time... mine turns clockwise and generally does not save the ball from the outlane - I'll try to reverse the polarity of the motor

If its on a motor board ..just turn connector around ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.