(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Stern can build those entire runs in less than a week, but will take eons for Jpop.

Well sure if you are willing to settle for a bash toy and magnet combo.

#280 9 years ago

snaaaaaaaaap!

1 month later
#1335 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Which one pin cost 27k?

Heard there was a FIF sold around that price wasn't there?

#1341 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just curious. Anyone looking to sell their spot?

Oh man, and the drama two-folds for this in one post. So in the end, if you buy, if Jpop doesn't sell you YOUR paid for high end game.... is that like poetic justice or something?

2 weeks later
#1794 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

But I still think he's a year away from actually building the 40 plus mg games...

haha, only one??

#1863 9 years ago

All these pre-order threads and me being drawn to see the daily update has helped me understand in part the big reality TV phase that seemed to get everyone addicted.

Big Brother? Haha, or more like Survivor - Pinside I guess.? Financing with the stars?

#2497 9 years ago

It's still just a two flipper game? Why do new companies limit themselves to just two flippers...

#2506 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wrath of Olympus has 6! Which is too many IMHO, but it's not like all new companies are limiting themselves to 2.

Is there too many though? The more cross shots you can do, the more you can view the PF from other angles, which is what Lawlor is the king off. As long as they are not redundant flippers, like how they would stack two on each side for many early SS ones for no real reason.

I look at RS, and the two side flippers for the left side, and think that someone could do that, both on both sides, and add in a mini PF to boot.

I just don't get why in 2014 people are still trying to hash through a two flipper design, which is a step backwards from all the designs in the 90s.

#2514 9 years ago

Wow, surprised so many people prefer fan layout 2 flipper designs, carry on then... Not for me though, probably why I do like Lawlor the best.

1 week later
#2764 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Then u know he needs another 400k+ to finish making them

Or to at least to continue operating the way he has for another two years until it comes up again.

#2770 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I think it's more like 150-200. 50 only gets your R&D covered and that's being optimistic. The bulk of the cost is manufacturing the game.......Hence why Gary loves to say, "We are a pinball manufacturer". In the end that is where the costs are.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

That's just ridiculous made up numbers bro.

I don't know man... I would think even more, but really I guess it's more based on the price per unit than the number of units.

That's also assuming anyone else would want to get involved at this point as well, which is ludicrous.

#2775 9 years ago

I'm agreeing with you, but saying that even 150-200 may not be enough, and unlikely he's getting even a handful to sign up to more now anyway. Seriously, $16k for a MG now??? Who the F is that stupid at this point - flat out! Not to mention all the pissed off original people, despite a few that might agree with it just to get it done, that will not be the consensus for all I'm betting.

It's hard to imagine anyone new signing up to ride the Titanic as it's sinking into the sea.

There needs to be a MAJOR change otherwise I do think you will see him going bankrupt in the near future. No one else will get involved, and *if* the money is dry, the project will be as dead as the horses being daily beaten here, along with everyone's vested interests.

Sad but true.

#2784 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Understood. I was more responding to PDX who is clearly a cheerleader.

Well no, he's being optimistic, which you can't fault him for. We all want this to work, but you're going to get different opposing beliefs and positions on how to best deal with it from people directly in.

2 weeks later
#3420 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Hey Iceman, Is there any way you can get me in touch with JPop? I have cash in hand to pay for a AIW as I sold my POTC and got my refund for The Hobbit so I have cash burning a hole in my pocket but I want to speak with the man and some sort of time frame. Since you are buying Magic Girl I thought you might have a way to reach him.

Well at least one person should hear from John soon!

2 months later
#5271 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Haha yeah 1k to have jpop assemble the machine plus room and board for a year

lol #1 thread post!

#5275 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So, Ben.... you're not coming to my house?

You have better luck getting these machines if you were to pay Ben his hourly rate for him to go knock down Jpop's door, take whatever he has to date, order the remainder and have Ben personally build this for you and deliver it to your house.

Barring that, you might as well look to pred for how this mess will turn out.

2 months later
#9580 8 years ago

Wow.... just wow.

#10445 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Crow:

As a fully paid customer for a cointaker RAZA and a significant AIWdeposit

How many have their contract of sale through a third party such as this? Depending on the wording, you may have better options than the rest.

1 week later
#13123 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

If it turns out John Popadiuk was the nefarious thief in all this and Kevin refunds people...just face palm again. Kevin is the buffoon in the basement while John is the evil grinch stealing from the community. Wow. It's still a big "if" to me as I have not received a refund from anyone.

I agree, apples and oranges. At least Kevin made the machines, had the parts ready to go, and just horribly miscalculated the licensing aspects. Jflop has apparently intentionally mislead people, and there is an element of criminal intent. Still trying to sell to people a few weeks back, when clearly he is aware nothing is going to happens is exemplary of that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.