(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4098 9 years ago

I like to come in here and the Predator threads and just put my feet up and relax.......nothing ever happens in any of them.

1 week later
#4405 9 years ago

This (and Predator) is literally turning into Duke Nukem Forever!

"Originally in development under 3D Realms, director George Broussard, one of the creators of the original Duke Nukem game, first announced the title's development in April 1997, and various promotional information for the game was released between 1997 and 1998. After repeatedly announcing and deferring release dates, 3D Realms announced in 2001 that it would be released simply "when it's done". No official video of the game was shown for almost 8 years, until 3D Realms released a new teaser trailer in December 2007, but the game "sank" yet again soon afterwards.

In May 2009, 3D Realms was downsized for financial reasons, resulting in the loss of the game's development team. Statements by the company indicated that the project was due to go gold soon with pictures of final development. Take-Two Interactive, which owns the publishing rights to the game, filed a lawsuit in 2009 against 3D Realms over their failure to finish development. 3D Realms retorted that Take-Two's legal interest in the game was limited to their publishing right. The case was settled with prejudice and details undisclosed in July 2010.

On September 3, 2010, after 14 years, Duke Nukem Forever was officially reported by 2K Games to be in development at Gearbox Software. It was originally confirmed to be released on May 3, 2011 in North America, with a worldwide release following on May 6, 2011. This was, however, delayed by a month to June 10 internationally, with a North American release on June 14.

On May 24, 2011, it was announced that Duke Nukem Forever finally "went gold" after 15 years. After going gold the launch trailer for Duke Nukem Forever was released on June 2, 2011, quelling any doubt that release was anything but imminent. On June 27, 2011, Aspyr Media announced that Duke Nukem Forever would be making its way onto Mac OS X in August 2011. It was made available for pre-order on June 27 via their online game distribution platform GameAgent."

2 months later
#12614 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The miracle at the show could be that it kicks ass and blows everybody away and somehow they are able to get 500 brand new MG orders at the show, hey that's only half of what MMr did at their announcement!

Oh terrific.....let's just flush an additional $500,000+ down this toilet.

#12805 8 years ago
Quoted from dt3:

This thread should have been closed and a new subforum should have been made to track this nonsense 100+ pages ago. Finding anything or following the situation casually has become impossible.

Let me summarize:

Concept - Fantastic
Execution - Horrific

#13789 8 years ago

1) I hope Yeti makes millions selling his art.....and I'd gladly help him get started
2) I hope Jpop is never seen or heard from in this community again
3) This pin will remain a "one-of" and never even see completed code
4) I hope that "pre-order pinball" is dead forever
5) I'm sure I'm wrong about #4

#13881 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'd take a Kiss pro over this.

Especially when you factor in the price!

(Not to mention the fact you can actually get a Kiss machine shipped to you in this lifetime)

#14154 8 years ago

The only way that any of these games SHOULD be made is if it can be done without buyers adding one more dime.

#14228 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Zidware is the only one that SHOULD owe 19 customers a game. If not Zidware, where is this money supposed to come from? Pintasia has the only proposal on the table to do so at the expense of RAZA and AIW customers, along with new buyers. SHOULD and reality are two entirely different things.

My entire point being that if they can't be built with zero more dollars coming from buyers then they should not be made. Otherwise you just end up with a big pyramid scheme with even more buyers (if not 100% of them) getting screwed.

#14232 8 years ago

Bingo!

#14375 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

and those people that got on to the titanic .. what a bunch of chumps! and who in their right mind would get on the hindenberg, since it was about to explode? didn't they know hydrogen is flammable? (/sarcasm)

1) The Titanic was "unsinkable".
2) The Hindenburg had signs clearly posted - "No Smoking!"

#14677 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

If a movie is made, the hardest part would be figuring out the genre, horror or comedy?

It would be a hormedy

1 week later
#15701 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Q: What's the quickest way to become a Millionaire?
A: Start with an 8-figure net worth, and invest in a pinball company.

Reminds me of Steve Martin's bit.

"You.. can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You can be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes! You say.. "Steve.. how can I be a millionaire.. and never pay taxes? First.. get a million dollars."

#15780 8 years ago

What's a noone? Is that pronounced noon-E and is that like a nooner? I like those.

3 months later
#17674 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Nate: Ok, thanks well Ive enjoyed the conversation and best of luck to you and hopefully the next time were' talking about games shipping.

That's by far the biggest WTF of them all!

Nate, games are never going to ship.....NEVER. You know that! JPop knows that! We all know that!

#17717 8 years ago

I wonder how Nate thought this would be received? Did he really think anyone wanted to hear Pop just ramble on?

#17887 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Magic Girl looks amazing to me. I routing for all of Zid's game to be finished, but MG especially. The sound and art are above and beyond and if it ended up playing as well as any of John's BW games with modern rules I wouldn't complain. John's games might not be the absolute most popular from the pinhead community but they are definitely some of my personal favorites. Heck, CV to me really is the greatest pinball ever. Very unique experience for a very unique game designer. I'm sure something will turn up to help these games come along eventually, and if they are some of the best pin games ever created and the financials get sorted and people get games, I'm sure the saltiness of the current situation will dissolve and eventually be forgotten, while the cool games will be remembered.

and I just wanted to add........What the fuck are you talking about?

#17896 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Is it just me or is everyone else reading every post like it's supposed to be a Haiku?
rd

Keep drinkin'

#17898 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Whatchu talkin 'bout, Dave?
S'posed to be falling on his sword.
I don't believe it.

Too many syllables in your top line........and second line......third line it good.

#17920 8 years ago

Roses are Red and Violets are Blue
Where's our Fucking Money

#17939 8 years ago

You lost me at few grand and not a lot.

#17992 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I like people chanting Shame at him game of thrones style till he leaves.

Someone needs to ring a bell each time as well.

#17995 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Let's let him keep his clothes on though...

Thanks for that image!

1 week later
#18192 8 years ago

God I hope he shows up.........

popcorn49.gifpopcorn49.gif

3 months later
#18596 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Like those nano hotel rooms in Tokyo?
snygo_files-001-9hourscapsulehotel_(resized).jpg

Perfect for exhibitionists.

#18620 8 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

I still find John a very talented and unique pinball designer, my personal fave as I've expressed before. It's a shame there as been such turbulence around these new games which in my opinion have all looked amazing. If there is a will there is a way. The Pinball Inventor has nothing else to prove but make nice pin games. He will come through in the end...

That whole post was a joke right?

8 months later
#20048 7 years ago

My first thought was "are you for real"? There is no miracle happening. Even if they made and actually delivered every single MG game to the rightful owners they would only be about 10% done. What about ALL the RAZA & AIW owners!!? There are WAY MORE RAZA and AIW owners than MG. MG is just the tip......and even that is unlikely to get done, we shall see.

#20053 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

This much I know: this outfit isn't out to scam anyone.

Well I don't believe Jpop set out to scam people, but it sure ended up that way.

1 week later
#20204 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

But if you don't jump on it early, how else are you going to get one so you can flip it immediately for lots of money?

Sarcasm or not that is the only reason it worked in the first place. No one cares about "ultra limited" unless you care about it's "potential value".

#20213 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The only reason that I got in on the preorder of BHZA was because I thought it was the only way to get to own a zombie themed pin that was going to be unique, have superb artwork, and would have "inside access" (and we would be able to choose various custom options for toys etc.) to the process along the way (that was promised to us by JPop). I got out fairly early on after it became very apparent that the inside access thing wasn't going to happen. It wasn't too much later that it also became apparent that it really wasn't going to be much of a zombie theme.
For me, it was never a matter of getting into it for the purpose of making money.

Quoted from dgarrett:

I think there are collectors (me) who don't care about the flip value, they really intend to keep it (although, if it sucks, they do want out without taking too much of hit). Part of the fun is having something nobody else has but is fun to play, and not just look at. I suppose some could see being a pinball investor by trading a buy low/sell high - but its a lowsy , unpredictable investment - and I think makers have finally got to the point to eliminate flipping (but they may have also destroyed ability for some buyers, it can be overdone).

My point was that I think very few would buy 15k pin if they knew it could be produced in unlimited quantities. The value and it bring extremely limited were a big part of the draw. I don't think most were buying to flip but certainty some were.

#20219 7 years ago

Why do people want rare things? Seriously....I don't get it.

I get wanting "things"....I like "things". Now some of the things I want also happen to be rare and they tend to cost a lot more. However, I don't want them because they are rare. So what's up with that?

And I agree with Wolf.....artificial "rarity" I find somewhat offensive. I just don't care about the "exclusivity" factor.

#20295 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Wow! Just wow. A perfectly run pinball company would be lucky to be profitable within a few game titles. The idea that one could start up and be so profitable that they could literally give away machines to people is ridiculous. What is it about Jpop that makes people completely lose their minds???

Apparently the American Pinball people never came here and did any reading. They should have known - "Making pinball machines is hard"

#20312 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Cornelius just got a permanent all forums eject in another thread, so won't be hearing anymore from him.

Doesn't say he's banned next to his name or on his personal page.

#20316 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Corporate sales

Amway

4 months later
#22632 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I'd buy a Zizzle Magic Girl for around 400 bucks.

I wouldn't.

#22770 7 years ago

You are never allowed to sell the game.....you can pick MG or Alien.....which do you choose?

#22922 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

What would you pay for a Magic Girl?

That's a tough question. If it was a full production game (not limited) but going out in it's current condition I wouldn't buy one at all.

As is? Personally I think it's worth about 5k. Limited does not mean valuable (to me). But....I'm not a "collector" or "speculator". I'm a "hobbyist/player". I would never buy a BBB or King Kong or even a BM66LE (or any "LE" for that matter). I'm not in this to try and make money down the road....I just like the people (most) and like to play.

#22963 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

It just occurred to me that the number of posts in this thread could be an indication of the value of MG. $ 22,962 and rising

We should close this one and start over at zero then.

#23042 7 years ago

The future resale value of these will crash at some point. Better strike while the irons hot because I think time might be running out.

#23044 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why....you looking for one....

God no.

#23130 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Pinball at its finest? No sir.
Pinball at its finest is POP getting pinball machines into children's hospitals.
Pinball at its finest is a gentleman opening the doors to his private collection so people can have fun.
Pinball at its finest is a bunch of people playing alternate formats like Pingolf or Critical Hit, laughing and having a blast
Pinball at its finest brings people together
This is you just getting mad that Magic Girl didn't shake out the way you expected. Go back to your first post, read it, and come back to your recent posts.

You do realize that was a joke right?

1 month later
#23365 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

However, I still try to not be an outright dick.

You might be failing.

#23368 6 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

What a courageous stance to take.

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.

#23381 6 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Is this long haired awkward walking FU@#!₹NG joker in jail get ?

No I'm fine.

1 year later
#24053 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Should have known the minute Dennis walked.

In hindsight that does appear to be a big early red flag now doesn't it.

#24080 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

That is EXACTLY what I implied to you. Never implied you send them ANY money, especially a pre-order.

Um, not bash them at every chance you get? Tired, same ole' story. How about let them actually produce something and if is shit, bash away?

Ok, then don't ever buy ANYTHING they produce(if they actually do produce something), your choice. I got it, bashing them every chance you get makes you feel better and will enrich the pinball community. Hey, way to go.
I will reserve judgement until I see a product, they dare ask for pre-order money, or they fold up shop.
Look, we all know JPop is a scumbag extraordinaire. But if you take ANY work environment, 20% of the people, if thorough background histories were provided, would be considered scumbags. If someone is good at their job, sometimes you have to take the baggage that goes with it. I have one of those employees working for me now. I know it, but he is so good at what he does, he is worth a shot. If you knew the REAL truth about everyone around you, one or two would make your jaw drop.
A.P. tried with JPop, but they hid it at 1st, and then completely dropped the ball because they didn't do proper homework. A.P. did an about face and literally had to drag JPop out of the facility.
Now we have Deeproot, that has JPop, and has built a team above and beyond just him. Not only that , they brought in people who have worked with JPop previously at Williams. They have been upfront about the situation.
ALL people did was bash A.P. ever since they came on the scene and say 2 things, M.G. will never be produced and A.P. will never build a machine. Well, guess what? Wrong on both accounts. Jpop built all of those M.G. machines by hand, those are NOT A.P. built machines. Houdini is here and in production.
So yeah, I'll give Deeproot the benefit of the doubt until I see a product.

I disagree. Just hiring JPOP in the first place is a HUGE indicator of what kind of people/company you're dealing with. It was a mistake to hire him. JPOP has burned his bridges when it comes to the pinball community (IMHO)...there is no road to redemption left for him short of making everyone he screwed over 100% whole and profusely apologizing for what he did...which he has never done and I'm willing to bet never will.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I'll never buy a game from Deep Root as long as JPOP is involved.

P.S. I never lost a dime on any of JPOPS games.

1 week later
#24121 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Approximately 1200 units among all versions. That's a huge failure.

Quoted from Pimp77:

Selling ~250 CSI or NBA games is a huge failure. 1200 $8000+ games sounds pretty good to me.

Agreed...1200 from a boutique manufacturer should be in the "win" column.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.