(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TecumsehPlissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 9 years ago

oooh man the suspense is killing me!!

#410 9 years ago

Keep the faith!!

#437 9 years ago

I was hoping that guy who is doing the epic blog would post a video of it but so far I haven't seen one up there yet

#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

He didn't start the streaming until after JPop was done...there will not be video from him

well that's a bummer but thanks for the heads up

3 weeks later
#1098 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Partner deal in works?

fingers crossed

1 month later
#1623 9 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I received a letter from John concerning AIW this week. It included an invoice and some verbiage that was as confusing as ever concerning the next payment. I can't tell if he is trying to collect $0, $2000 or the remainder of the balance. For the record, I am interpreting it as $0. The attached letter also gives an address for a "secret" web page that is supposed to contain more info about the game. The website address just leads to a page with a line drawing of Alice and the words "Concept Preview" with nothing more. John updated the AIW dev blog three days ago with a long screed about the backglass design process and said that he would reveal the artwork the next day. Since then, nothing has been posted.
Also, for the record, I have never been asked to sign any kind of NDR for AIW.

I also received the AIW letter this week , two separate mailings actually 1 day apart from each other and it was confusing to me as well in the first one I am told that I am AIW #71 and in the second one it tells me that my serial# is #51 ?? the second one also asked for another installment of $1000.00 & I don't feel comfortable sending it or any other $ until I see what happens with these two upcoming reveals I am still trying to be positive and keep the faith but IDK , I do plan to make a visit to his shop (per his invite) sometime early in the new year "2015" hopefully I will see something(s) encouraging & for the record I have never been asked to sign a NDA either

1 week later
#2049 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What makes this situation sting more than the other pre-order debacles is that so many people love and respect John's past work. In a way, people feel like they have been let down by one of their heroes.

this is spot on ! exactly how I would describe it , a major letdown I'm not in on RAZA or MG but I did get in on AIW about 10 days or so Before expo I was really excited to be in on one of these boutique bad ass machines as I envisioned they would be and thought that after expo I would be kicking myself because I didn't get in on RAZA or MG when I had a chance to....... now....well... I am just hoping that all the stalling and unnecessary redesigning etc...will end , machines will get built, & delivered & that I will not lose my down payment and that I will SOME day get a really cool machine

#2411 9 years ago

call it abused spouse or cult or whatever syndrome you like....... but I am feeling a lil bit better after hearing Some good news on this

1 week later
#2769 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Hence why Gary loves to say, "We are a pinball manufacturer".

I think what Gary said was that "Ultimately Stern is a manufacturing company" (to paraphrase)

1 week later
#3017 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

John has gone off the reservation.

lol

1 month later
#4106 9 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Are there any pictures of the MG PF or artwork?

look back a few pages in this thread

#4445 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I would like to post a picture of my liquid dinner

I often have a 3 mojito lunch

#4514 9 years ago

I think if you just ask John for access he will send it to you its in a wordpress group thing..... but then I read somewhere on here he said he is going to open up all the groups

1 week later
#5080 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Normally I would have never considered doing a pre-order. This was supposed to be my "one and done" NIB purchase. I bet on the wrong horse, which really adds insult to injury for me because I'm the type of person that rarely even buys lotto tickets.

Big time Ditto's !!!! dead on !! this is exactly how I feel

1 week later
#5685 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

funny how he's still trying to get people from posting pics here...or that he's actually worried about it with what's going on should be his focus

Yeah it looks like he had put up a couple of new videos on the AIW blog but he took them down before I got to even watch them ... I guess because of what was posted here?

1 week later
#6204 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Does Jpop see any of this or realize his buyers are talking this way!?!?

Crazy isn't it ? I was soooo excited to get in on AIW.... I mean really excited!! dreaming of the day I would take delivery & get to play the thing... NOW I am left with the idea of discussing a possible tax right off for "2015" with my C.P.A // never saw that coming

#6585 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It appears kaneda actually was doing some PR work for Zidware and he has submitted evidence of such activities. Also, he and John were granted this zidwarePR handle by Robin to use for limited purposes

"Great Harm" right there IMO

#6604 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

This mess keeps getting more and more strange by the day. What next? Gary Cubeta as CFO of Zidware?

Maybe now he should hire Choggard & put him in charge of quality control & distribution

#6607 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yep....and he should put Wes and Vonnie D in charge of finances.

& they could also hire Kevin as a consultant?

#6728 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

You know..
The biggest fear I have right now is that this whole f'ing debacle will give CV a bad taste in my mouth. I'd hate to re-add that game to my collection, and then not be able to stop thinking about his attempts at making games.

Have 2 of his now & enjoy C.V most , & have had similar thoughts as yours occasionally ....... but I just let it go ultimately & say well those 3 of his back in the day are pretty good titles in some ways more than other ways but they have their place in Pinball no matter what happens ... tainted later if this all goes to pot , prob. not maybe the controversy makes em even more desirable in a twisted kind of way but C.V IMO is & always will be a great title

#6732 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Where do I get that glowing orb mod!

Be careful with those plasma disc mod things if that's what your talking about .. I can only speak for what happened to me but I put one in my C.V & started having reset issues & then noticed it was out! .. took it out right then & so far no prob. after .... just sayin

#7021 9 years ago

PDXmonkey I am curious about your opinion....... at this point is John still High risk/High reward in your book or is Zidware now a major fail as opposed to just risky ? Damn! I wish I had cancelled that check after Expo when I still had the chance to do so bye bye $ & Thanks John your Legend status with this new to pinball enthusiast (ME) is in the toilet

#7034 9 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

He wants the tax form and check to be absolutely perfect before he will release them

Ha!! .... seriously made me chuckle

#7236 8 years ago

I def. want to hear Zombie yeti's take on things , hoping he elaborates more about why he went "digging" for info on John BTW I love your work , its a Big part of what sold me on AIW even though @ the time I didn't know someone else was doing all the art

#7514 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

So far John had shipped jack squat.

well lets be honest @ least he has shipped out the requests for more payments $

#7986 8 years ago

I was probably one of or perhaps The Last person to jump on this "Jpop train of pain" got in about 2 & 1/2 week before expo 2014 (AIW) had a chance to cancel my check to him after the fallout from expo as he had not cashed it yet , I let my desire for the game get in the way of my common sense & didn't do it in time , cant hardly believe he has let this happen to his reputation in the pinball world / people in other threads , people with no stake in these games are now referencing Jpop & SkitB in the same context IE "Don't put me in the same category as Jpop & Skit B" (paraphrasing) I really do feel like I was played by this guy (who I admired at the time) & made one of the last payments to his Ponzi like scheme of things ....... I really , really do want to stay positive but that's just the feeling he has left me with

#8100 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm not on the facebook group but a member there told me there was some video footage of magic girl posted.... of the white wood

I have seen the video and it was a bit of a letdown ramps are still cardbord or foam or whatever & it looked to me like they had to keep putting balls into play , as if there was no load mech. to shooter lane ? just describing what it looked like to me there were some shots of dmd scoring but I didn't see any animations as described by someone else

#8102 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He may have started with the best if niave intentions way back when, but at some point he crossed a line into complete deception.

like when he took money for AIW in late October ?? .... by then he must have known things were starting to fall apart!

#8103 8 years ago

but then wouldn't take money to get in on MG from PDXmonkey's friend around almost the exact same time hmmmmmmm

#8116 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

But he sent me a "confirmation card" and told me to "be ready" with funds as MG was almost ready to go into production. This was back in August

& here's the other thing that makes me suspect his fraudulent intentions..(@ that point in time) the AIW # I got when I first bought in was # 51 then a few months later when he asked for another $1000.00 he sent me another package of info saying I was # 71 ???? he isn't even paying attention to that ...scares me .... means the #s don't really mean anything

#8145 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

He clearly was misstating things to mislead people.

& taking $ late in the game

#8147 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

pfft, don't you read the blog? It was very clear

you forgot the room with the rumored EM machine

#8191 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Then go out back and kick your own ass for not doing sufficient due diligence and handing over money to a person that has no previous business experience.....I know i did now I can sleep a little easier at night.

Roger that & Right On !

#8208 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't know who has visited the workshop in the past 90 days.

pdxmonkey

#8440 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Well John isn't responding to my emails anymore so I'm going to be auctioning off the prototype Jinx sculpture i made for MG... I gotta recoup some of my funds one way or another.
Stay tuned!

This should get interesting

#8745 8 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

Where can this video be found? Thanks!

pinball inventor facebook page

#8893 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

I hold out hope anyone who has sent JPop money will somehow end up with a pin in the end.

Ditto's

#8931 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Yea, i just live in Southeast where we have shows and didnt see the pin. Shame on me..

AMH was @ Freeplay this year but Wooly was not

#8966 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Apparently this is the goal. But it's not going to happen as this is a toxic investment

Quoted from pinballkim:

Use a deep well socket?

we need a frivolous & careless investor with deep well pockets

#9061 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

it's actually a huge gamble I'm taking hence the 50 cents on the dollar offer. If I thought it was a sure thing my offer would have been higher. It might pay off it might not.

Yeah & that logic is what prevented me from cancelling my check when I still had the opportunity to do so

#9133 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I am greatly disappointed where Jpop has left us all, and the fact is he bit off more than he could chew however they are people and as such I really don't believe some of these comments are really necessary or help the situation. This, I believe, was not malicious or purposeful so I will just stay positive and remind myself that both him and his wife are fellow pinheads and I'm almost certain things will be made clear soon.

I agree with you for the most part & Yes I don't think he set out to deceive in the beginning , but the dude was glad to take an AIW deposit from me 2 weeks before Expo 2014 right before he showed up with the empty cabinets .... cant help but feel like he saw me as a mark & pounced on it .. who knows maybe that payment help pay the rent for a month or two but I doubt any of it was spent on the game I bought in on

#9139 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'll say it again, there is something potentially "very positive" going on behind the scenes.
I believe StevenP. Whether it works out or not, we shall see soon enough.
It's been 4 yrs, another small wait ain't gonna hurt a thing.
The lawsuit(s) will do nothing but guarantee that the current guys will get nothing or maybe pennies on the dollar.
If things hit a final brick wall, then knock yourself out with lawsuits. That will be throwing good money after bad

I hope your right about the first part Ice and I also agree with the throwing good money after bad..... I did call & speak with the attorney that filed the case today , considering getting added on to it , but IDK if will be worth it as I'm am not in as deep $ as most others ....

#9147 8 years ago

exactly! & that's where the $good 4 bad comes in , never met you Ice but your cool dude .. Iceman is a fitting moniker & I like your style , wish could have met you @ TPF //// Always hope 4 the best !

#9232 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is there a case for fraud now? Forget about bankruptcy and civil... I'm talking fraud and criminal charges.
There has to be some accountability for taking our money and stringing us along to this point.

when I talked with the attorney that has already filed yesterday he basically said that they consider fraud WAS committed & that that's what they will be building a case for

#9242 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If said attorney wants to PM me privately, not sure if it helps to get other owners involved, but we can talk.

this is who I spoke with: Attorney Zane D. Smith 312 245 0031 you will most likely have to contact them not a pinsider or pinhead I don't think

#9360 8 years ago

A case for fraud is currently being built against him ....... if he gets convicted (& that's a big IF) the bankruptcy wont completely protect him (or at all) from a judgment being levied .... collecting on that judgment is another story altogether that's the way I understand it anyhow & like cheeks said previously for those of us that are paid in to the tune of 4 to 6 grand its probably not worth the attorney fees

#9439 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

That simply tells me that there was zero bookeeping and he has no idea how much of our money he has and who has paid what. He was just happy to let it roll in. If he wasn't planning to screw people from the outset, he sure makes it look like he was. If I'm taking thousands of dollars of anyone's money, I am keeping a pretty good paper trail.

I have thought this for a good while now ....... when I first bought into AIW he sent me a package & in it there was a page that said I was AIW#51 then a couple months later when he sent a request for another $1000.00 he again sent a package of stuff & in it was another document that said I was AIW #71 he most likely has no records worth a damn & the accounting of funds etc.. has probably been non existent

#9501 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I still don't see why walking away would be a better option than just checking the box that says you'll buy RAZA or AIW when it's ready at 1. You can always walk away later. That's what I'm doing, there's a better chance the new guy makes RAZA than JPOP ever had.

thinking about it ...this is starting to sound like the best option.... for me anyways

#9814 8 years ago

it is fraud , it was fraud , just plain fraud

#9848 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

If that's real John does need jail time.

Quoted from statsdoc:

I think Jpop's email, more than anything, shows the criminal intent here. He is not even slightly repentant for what he has done, and will do it again if given the opportunity</i>

I believe that its real just as much as I am positive he Knew! that he could never finish MG much less RAZA or hell AIW? NEVER! yet he called me right away when I inquired about AIW & invited me to visit his shop added me to the secret blog & took $3895.00 down payment 2 Weeks before Expo when he showed up with the empty cabinets

#9849 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Option 1. Pursue legal and criminal charges against Jpoop

I love how you put that in there

#10201 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

And boy... that Magic Girl demo that is scheduled to come up. It better knock everyone's socks off. You're now not just showing it to 19 people, you've got to convince hundreds more that it is a $16k machine.

I'll bet its a no show .... hope I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me

Quoted from pinball_customs:One thing is for sure, we won't be seeing John at any shows any time soon..

I Agree !!

#10231 8 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

I want a refund .

me too @ this point I would gladly take the 75% deal mentioned by Frolic if it were made available

#10235 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread. If you were getting paid by the hour you guys would have enough cash to refund everyone! Fire up the grill, pop open a beverage and thank a veteran… do something worthwhile this weekend.

Right on to that! I'm outta here

#11056 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Am i the only one in on AIW?

no there are several of us I think Iceman was in on AIW as well

#11072 8 years ago

Oh, you guys bought the aiw too,i figured , how can i have #25 if nobody bought one?

I no longer think those #'s mean anything ... sadly they most likely NEVER DID , John the fraudster didn't keep track of anything he has sent me documents saying that I was #51 as well as #71 ?? does that mean I get two AIW's lol

#11308 8 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

Stern has decades of experience in this field and I doubt they've ever earned a cool million in profit off one of their titles.

AC/Dc possibly

#11315 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Hi,
Thanks Henry for the info. Folks that want to visit usually let me know,
as each day is different as I may be at vendors, visiting a contractor
or in the back working with machines going.
John

Wow add compulsive liar to Fraudster

#11316 8 years ago

His legacy IMO is now 1st. of all , what another Pinsider said "Inventor of the Pinball LongCon" A thief and Delusional , Lying ...... fill in the

#11321 8 years ago

just played a couple of games on C.V..... Omg had to try and concentrate on playing every time the Ringmaster's head came Up .... I could not stop thinking of John as the evil ringmaster of a 3 ring circus (MG,BHZA/RAZA,AIW) .... a great Mod would be his Likeness as the Ringmaster

#11328 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

He's already on the backglass in tights, that's enough for me.

True that....... & the Girl who is featured most prominently on the back glass is his wife

#11329 8 years ago

same kind of facial features as the soccer girl on WCS

#11405 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I hope someone is archiving all his webpages for evidence? Facebook, his pinball inventor page, the wordpress blogs?

just checked the AIW one & its gone ....or he blocked me as I did post up twice in the last few days calling him a fraud & a thief

#11422 8 years ago

I just linked this thread to his facebook page .......lets see how he likes that

#11426 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

I personally don't know how to do it but can someone save these webpages as evidence/documentation? He seems to be closing everything down.

see zombie yetis recent post

#11844 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Has anybody, with $ on preorders, been to the Zidware location in the past 3 months?

PDXMonkey

#12094 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Speaks volumes of his charcter.

or lack thereof

#12600 8 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

The Toy for MG is the big swirl ramp in the middle of the play field.Read the posts on the guy who made the ramps last week.2 wiggle ramps ,no big circular one.
So unless their is a REAL circular ramp somewhere the game will not have its biggest feature at NW show.
I could be wrong but I haven't seen or read anything on here that tells me otherwise

from what I understand the center swirly ramp will be for looks only in its NW show incarnation ..... they said its in there but no time for diverters to be installed & sorted out & they are not even sure yet how said ramp was supposed to function exactly

#12613 8 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Holy cow. How can this be true? Were those hot glued foamcore and plastic ramps just for show? How could we get to this point without anyone ever shooting them? Isn't the whole point of doing things up in Nordmanite so that you can tweak it easily if the geometry isn't quite working? Hell PDXMonkey played it a mere few weeks before this thing went nuclear, and reportedly paid for the ramps to be made himself, so he had to have seen the concept working, right?
I gotta believe that this isn't true, because Pintasia is betting everything on this show. I'm not sure how anyone could flip it with the only ramp (and main central feature) blocked off and walk away with a good impression of the game beyond saying "it's pretty". That isn't going to save the project. You can evaluate a game with anemic code (see TBL, Woz at early shows, etc), but how do you even evaluate the basics of how a game shoots if one of the main features isn't shootable?

Here is what I read from the owners blog/////// posted by Bill Brandes: Jim the area inside the ramp will be decorative as there was no way completing this toy in time or diverters etc off ramps. In fact going through all this stuff is not very clear at all. We haven't got the final "purpose" of the center and how ramps/balls were to mingle. It is one baby step at a time and John keeps his cards close to his chest. Perhaps you can lend some insight as "forcing" anything out of Jpop at this time is very well lets say challenging //////// so maybe the ramp is shootable but they are talking about the toy in the center Jynx ?? I think he was called ?

#13213 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Anyone reckon Jpop may make a surprise appearance?

Supposedly WCBrandes put the kibosh on those plans

#13230 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

If you want to own that owl toy today then you can order it from here for $5.99.

lol

#13284 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

see the game and say whether you are in or out.

Dgarrett are you in ??

#13419 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I have no idea on numbers- but he has filed suit. I verify that .

I have wondered why you & Mr68 always seem to be soooooo quick to doubt Real owners & quickly scrutinize their claims ?? Edit I meant VW not Rommy even though I quoted his post

#13424 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

But why is it so important? You've asked me several times. It's not as if I have #1, which I guess I would remember! Frankly the number of something that will never happen, is dead, and was always vapourware isn't terribly important.

not only that but the #'s apparently don't mean squat John doesn't even know what # anyone is on any game! I have mentioned it here more than once , he sent me documents saying that I was #51 as well as #71 on AIW

#13450 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Circus cost $1.5 Million to prototype in 1993 dollars - that would be $2.4 Million today.

Wow!! & I also read about how a whole lot of Crazy money$ went into Capcom's Zingy Blingy prototytpe & the anatomical dolls in the backglass & that Python somehow self authorized the funding for that , the dude must have had a lot of pull

#13455 8 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'm of the (outsider's) opinion he killed Capcom.

from what I have read about it I can partially agree... the crazy amount of money$ wasted on Zingy Bingy prototype was coupled with their piss poor decision around the same time to go into production with & release flipper football in place of ready to go BBB or Kingpin sealed their fate

#13488 8 years ago

Wow I cant Believe I trusted this Guy John that I never even met in person .......but I did & I thought he really had all those tricks in this game figured out? ..& even more for the following games? ....... my bad for BELIEVE in ZAP ....

#13523 8 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

I guess they didn't go with the leg bolts of pointy death. It would have been a good test to see if someone stabbed themselves. Game looks good though despite washout.

I was playing SOF last night & thought Hey those pointy leg bolts would look good on this , maybe I'm crazy but perhaps I could ask Bill if he is willing to sell those

#14390 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Hey what's with the pointy leg bolts ?

Quoted from Manic:

Man if those things really are an off the shelf part (maybe from a bike shop?) I'm gonna slap some of those on the machines people tend to play when they stop by. It should stop my friends from trying to show me a death save on my beloved toy

I still say those would look great on SOF

#14399 8 years ago
Quoted from brent149:

Yet he clearly used all that collected money to finish his Kiss prototype.

that wasn't a prototype game

#14401 8 years ago

not defending the jackwagon john , just it was a mock up not a proto

#14779 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WTF.........its all that keeps coming to mind.

Edited in light of Pinballbulbs post & subsequent denial of possession &..... I guess I just believe the guy

#15121 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Would you say he has trouble getting his horse in the race?

I don't think all of his squirrels are running up the same tree

#15707 8 years ago
Quoted from mcc:

Quoted for absolute utter absurdity.

I like to illustrate absurdity by being absurd

#15987 8 years ago

so you have no money in this? you go to JPOP to get your stuff signed? you wrote JJP a love letter?
you loved being in Jpop's shop for the history of it?
listen buddy,we all lost serious money,you DO act like you are a saint and there is a lot of pissed of people over here,do not come here again,this place is not for you...
you just like to watch a good car crash,
go away

Right on Right on !

2 weeks later
#16353 8 years ago

where did yall see those new AIW posts? I thought he took the private blogs down after his I cant finish these games letter & all the resulting fallout

1 month later
#17402 8 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

. I've written several posts that I'm sure Jpop sees but nobody else can.
So, how many other of the "buyers" can't post?

I posted two posts slamming him as a fraud and a thief on the Alice blog right after he sent out the I cant build these games/Pintasia solution letter & as soon as he read them the entire blog was closed

#17415 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

He's a devious little fellow

I agree & this statement makes me think of that quote by Python about him being a chameleon

4 weeks later
2 months later
#18401 8 years ago

glass was custom sized , not standard

#18413 8 years ago
Quoted from investingdad:

Looks like he's an attorney in Philadelphia. Maybe Jpop ripped off a lawyer?

more than one I beleive

1 month later
#18489 8 years ago

His pinball inventor (what a joke of a title) page has been taken down again

#18505 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone know what John is doing these days? Has he gotten a real job or still living off what he "earned" from Zidware and doing arts and crafts?

been wondering along these same lines of thought myself as of late ...... his pinball inventor web pages have been taken down ... does anyone know if he is still renting the shop space ?

2 weeks later
#18608 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

When the cabinet hinges are auctioned off, I hope to be the winning bidder.

I'm going for the spiked leg bolts....... those will look good on SOF

1 month later
#18695 8 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I thought Jpoop put pictures of himself on other games in which he was involved in

I heard it was his wife's image that made it onto his games ....the woman on WCS , CV , & TOM at least ....... also heard he is no longer in his shop , its been all cleared out

#18697 8 years ago

Right On !! I know when I got in a big reason was the art work that had been shown & all the way up until Jeremy came on Pinside I thought John was the artist

#18704 8 years ago

from what I gather he is still complaining about Pinside & now his legal strategy appears to be trying to threaten defamation against those who filed suit against him in order to get them to go away & Yes its been confirmed he is out of that building "His story" is landlord sold building so he had to move but fails to say where

#18708 8 years ago

just looked at that , says it opened as advertising and promotional etc.. in "2011" ? what is he up to now

2 months later
4 weeks later
4 weeks later
#19001 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

As I recall it was a mock up and pretty far from ready. Read back thru the posts to where it was hauled to a show.
LTG : )

it was barely playable & a lot of things weren't thought out well or implemented properly .......from what I heard they had to play it with the glass off at that show because it had so many hang ups

4 weeks later
#19168 7 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

It could prevent great harm

Ahhh I see what you did there

Quoted from GAP:Today A guy asked to to apply to a drafting job at American Pinball. Ah, you got the wrong place.
2 months ago a programmer walked into my shop for a 2pm interview. Um wrong co.

Hmmm this is interesting

4 weeks later
#19377 7 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Kurt Russell is AWESOME!!!!

Ha ha your the reason I chose the Pinside name I did ....... the conversation I had with you 1st time I met Ya @ SFGE ....... & @ that time I wasn't even on Pinside yet

#19381 7 years ago

Playing Pin hammered here ........ as soon as I log off

#19385 7 years ago

I wonder when & where that pic was taken?

3 weeks later
#20207 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did Chris from Cointaker get his MG at Expo as promised?

that would be a NO

1 week later
#20297 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

the Zidware "tar baby"?

That's a very good way to describe it

2 weeks later
#20363 7 years ago

What does Pacak have to do with it ?

2 months later
#20626 7 years ago

Hello,

At this time I would like to announce that your Magic GirlTM custom pinball machine has been built. It has been assembled by hand utilizing the highest quality material, design and parts and is in final testing and packing now. It can be picked up or shipping arrangements will need to be made.
The games have been made under my design, direction and oversight, with many custom features all standard. We have tried to make a really finely crafted original themed pinball with mostly USA made parts.
Starting a boutique pinball company, and trying to manufacture a truly innovative product has been the most challenging thing I have ever undertaken in my life. It was not as easy as my mind conceived, and certainly more than my WMS days. That is the simple truth and as a pinball designer I have learned a lot of life skills, like humility.

But I am pleased to be able to send this letter out to you and proud of the new games we have made here in Chicago. I am endeavoring to work hard and continue on finish the other games on my drawing board at this time. Please email me or Scott Goldberg

([email protected]) with any questions and to make arrangements.

John Popadiuk

[email protected]

#20631 7 years ago

Good Evening and Happy Sunday

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting some of you in person and have spoken to others on the phone over the last few months and I’m happy to report Magic Girls are complete!

While I know many of you have been waiting for years, and may have given up hope, the truth of the matter is John along with the team at American Pinball have made that dream a reality. American Pinball has been involved as a 3rd party contract manufacturer through this process. It’s important to be clear here that the machines were built to the original Zidware specifications. These are 100% Zidware machines, so any questions should go directly to John and myself.

The machines will be ready for pick up or deliveries later this month. Please respond to this email with how you’d like to coordinate efforts and we’ll go from there as there may be some accounting details to be figured out.

Please also see the attached letter from John with a few more details.

Thanks again and talk soon,
Scott

#20738 7 years ago

well....... apparently Kaneda has purchased MR68's Spot

2 months later
#23445 6 years ago

Unless I am mistaken , I don't think he was ever in

1 month later
#23564 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

So guys...
What would the flavor of a JPOP soda be?

ultra blinged out fancy & patented new can design , full of nothing but carbonated air

1 month later
#23662 6 years ago

Sadly it seems beyond that & foam core mock ups that's as far as he can get these days

9 months later
#24109 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sooo, how about those Mets

still enjoying my METLE

#24130 5 years ago

Beer before liquor make you sicker ....... Liquor before beer your in the clear

3 months later
#24254 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This is my fault. John had some pointless word in there like "Wow!" or "Zing!" and I suggested he just make it blank for custom phrases, signatures, etc.

lets not use the word fault as it has possibly now worked out to be fun & advantageous for us ..... lets call it divine influence

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TecumsehPlissken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=TecumsehPlissken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.