(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13672 8 years ago

Just jumping into this thread after seeing a few min gameplay today. Beautiful game and I'm not sure if people have already been saying this but my first impression was that it almost looks like a 50/50 combo of cv and totan between the ramps magnets and artwork.

#13736 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

i admit the game look nice but 16k is crazy for a pinball.

16k isn't crazy as long as people are willing to pay it. It's a low run collectors game for the home. What's Bbb going for now ..20k? It could have worked..

1 year later
#18979 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Every time I hear JPop and salary in the same post I want to punch something, anything really hard.
His customers gave him money in exchange for a pinball machine. They did not agree to pay his salary.
Any money left over after all games were delivered to customers would have amounted to JPop's salary/profit.

Yeah true -- except moot point. He would have easily not paid himself a salary out of the money and STILL have little to show for 5 years of work. It only had a chance of working if someone was managing him the whole time.

1 month later
#19189 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Too bad Phillip Seymour Hoffman had to od. He was great at playing weirdos.

That's funny - as soon as I read the movie post it took only acouple seconds to think of him as well -- would have nailed the role 100% even has some striking resemblance of jpop.

#19190 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

"Reading posts is hard" is a play on "making pinball is hard"
rd

Kind of a double joke really -- knowing how long it *would* take to get thru this entire thread from the beginning. This has to be the top # of posts on a Pinside thread? Is there a way to check that?

4 weeks later
#19731 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, I'll post in this dumpster fire thread that I am not shocked the info out of vegas is there is a non flipping game there, and the flyer is of the "patented" cabinet.
Is it possible this company has been pulled into John's reality distortion and believed him when he announces he is "95% done"?

Where's the info coming from?

#19734 7 years ago

ha! Well I guess no big surprise there I suppose. Oh well.. looks like we'll see more pics tomorrow. So to clarify it's there and intact with playfield and all, but it does not flip? Huh.

4 months later
#20624 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Nobody gonna post on how the depositions went today?

If nobody went cause no letters went out summoning people... seems like it would have been over quick! Ha!

#20705 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

This thread is not nearly as on fire as it should be. Flame on!

Cried "wolf" too many times -- no one believes anymore lol

#20714 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If this actually ships, it'a going to be a barely-functioning nightmare.

But a collectible nightmare non-the-less..., maybe?

#20717 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Careful with 'collectible nightmare', I may need that someday!

Lol! Love your nightmare - you've done amazing work!!

#21059 7 years ago

"gameplay videos " are just exactly what we've already seen at ne show -- a ball launch that appears to not shoot back to Playfield? Rest are just attract screen and skill level selection.. hmmmm right. You'd think if he got it working ok somehow that he'd want to show off the gameplay, riiiight?

#21063 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I honestly do not remember...do any Jpop games have an autolauncher?

No it's a manual plunge but directly to a scoop. Just occurred to me - are these videos something that he just posted or have been up for a while? Just saw the link post and assumed they were new

#21699 7 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can we please just get Jim his game for the hard work he has already put into it in addition to the money he is owed by Jpop, and lets throw Zombi Yeti in there as well while we are at it. Jpop has had little to nothing positive to contribute to this product, and the two people most responsible for seeing it come to fruition aren't even getting their contractually promised games. All the things that people seem to be positive about when discussing this machine go back to those two individuals. Also Who the hell seriously expects Jim to provide more code for this thing when he was already screwed over majorly. To even ask such a thing is asinine. #getjimhisgame

There aren't just more games sitting around for them -- and no owners are going to give theirs to applej or zombie, let's be honest. They aren't going to get their games, pretty much end of story. Best thing that could happen would be for owners to band together and each cough up $1k to pay back bills on coding, plus $$ money for update - if apple juice was able to get access to a game somehow. Is zombie out $$ as well or just a game?

#21808 7 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

****Community Alert**** Its perfectly acceptable to be offended on somebody else's behalf. That's what good human beings do. That's what makes society better. Don't shit on somebody for trying to think of the feelings of others.

Thanks for saying that maple -- I was thinking the exact same thing earlier when this came up but didn't want to get in a debate about it in the Mg thread.

Ok -- back to mg thanks for sharing videos (to those involved), enjoyed watching them. Beautiful game, can't believe something was finally delivered.

#22134 7 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

Wow! Seriously?? Slapped it together to get it out the door!

No shocker there -- he couldn't do much by himself, amazing in and of itself that he was able to get these out the door. I'd love to know the gritty details of what he told ap to get them to set up whatever agreement they had, and what exactly transpired after .. maybe one day someone will talk

#22190 7 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is it just me, or does it drive anyone else up the wall when people refer to their phone as their I-phone? Like I never would say "Hey, thanks for calling David's droid turbo, please leave a message!". Its a phone dude, no need to be specific about the make. When I hear this I just take it as some Apple snob wanting people to make sure people know they are talking to somebody who is all about Apple products. Sorry, your Apple stuff doesn't impress me, quite the opposite really, so why not just call it a phone and quit trying to church it up buddy

I think it's just an automated message? Not like john personally saying "you've reached my iPhone"..

#22206 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nope, it's Jpop's voice and the pretentious prick recorded it. I've listen to it at least 6 gazillion times.

....just wow.

#22340 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But I have to remember "what would John do?" And then do the opposite.

Lol, he can live on in infamy to inspire people, just not quite the way he wanted

1 month later
#23281 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I was just about to click on the article and saw this. Thanks for saving me the time.

Ha! It did just seem like chris found someone who knew nothing about pinball to interview him and write a hastily done piece that is essentially a retelling of the story in his words. Are a few people still interested in paying 20k+ for these? the hype died quick after they landed in homes

#23336 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Disingenuous. You know very well there's nothing more to see about JPOP right now, so instead of just leaving the thread in peace, you come in here and lecture people.
This is a message board. People come here to talk. Please don't tell people what they can or can't talk about. Let the moderators moderate as they see fit.

Lecture? He just asked fairly to move that particular subject elsewhere, given that this is the jpop thread, not the kaneda thread. Seems reasonable to me

#23410 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

As much as I would *love* to, I would be the unlucky bastard to have noone bid after me, and I can't afford that right now.

No way man, I'll Totally bid after you, you're safe

#23429 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He'd have to put it in storage then. He's trying to sell his arcade games and replacing the floors so they aren't sleeping on the pullout couch every night. Brenda is normalizing him.

Ha! Normalizing? Thought I heard one pin was slated for the bedroom

1 week later
#23491 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I seem to recall seeing a video where the screen reacted to the location of the ball as the ball passes. Is that something that may be in a video from 2011 or earlier?

There's very early proto vids close to that time I believe, might be 2012

#23496 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

JPop's filing date was Dec. 2011 so March 2012 is not likely good enough.

So is this really a threat -- I'm not clear on what the patent(s) is/are exactly for?

Edit never mind -- reread it. If this affects the p3 shipment another reason to be pissed off at jpop. I assume though if he decided to sue over infringement that there could be a legal battle and the patent award could be thrown out if it's deemed invalid?

If a tech has been built before without patent is a later patent on it from another company still valid?

4 months later
#23666 6 years ago

Is lawsuit kinda dead at this point?

2 months later
#23772 6 years ago

The “masterpiece” ... um ok. These guys couldn’t come off as any more arrogant ..”Pinball is easy” and it certainly sounds like they think this will be a slam dunk and everyone will be amazed as they churn out something better than any other company and do it more efficiently. I can see jpop fitting right in there.

3 weeks later
#23816 6 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Man, he’s just solving all the problems.

As “the master of the Pinball universe” should be !! Sheesh

7 months later
#24208 5 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Seriously though, is the company logo a pinball going up someones butt? There's no way that's not a pair of red cheeks, grey thighs, the backside of red calves, and a pinball going in through the out door... right? Right?

Hadn’t noticed that before but..
Could just as easily be coming out, no?

2 months later
#24270 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Magic Girl for sale in Seattle for $14000. Is that the original price? This guy's not trying to cash in it seems.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-interesting-craigslist-finds/page/13#post-4660474

Man, what WAS the original price? Was it the same for everyone or didn’t it get more $$ overtime?

I’m surprised there wasn’t more talk about John beinh at expo or videos of him being berated or something

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=Mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.