(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21147 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

We get it.
I'm really starting to wonder if you have an agenda.

No, a lot of what he says makes sense on this to a person like me who has no skin in this game. If these games are going to be so valuable then grab the assets, sell them for top dollar, and split up the proceeds. Again, this is coming from someone outside looking in....I am sure my opinion would be different if I had invested the money and was expecting my game.

Sadly, all of this is likely a moot point if folks are already removing their games. Once they take possession, they are gone.

#21151 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nope, but them removing the assets starts the clock ticking.
The longer you wait, the less the chance of recovery. 90 days by the sound of it.

Maybe according to the letter of the law, but you know as well as I do, there is no judge that is going to order these games picked up from folks who had legitimate claims to them from the start. Now had someone come along after the fact and paid a nominal fee to take one home, they would stand a chance of losing them, which is more of what that provision is about.

#21161 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You don't understand how the bankruptcy law works. I don't know all the details but i do know 100% that they can claw back preferrential disbursement of assets. That includes MG games that are apparently leavg as of today.
My second piece of advice if for anyone getting shit in gear is to start keeping a daily log. It will be easier than the many hours needed to reCONstruct and document later. Start grabbing the info on what games are there, what has left, whom you will need to subpoena for information, etc...

Trust me, I know enough of how it works, and I know judges. I have assisted with many court-ordered seizures coming from Federal Bankruptcy Court...mostly from people trying to hide assets, but other situations as well. A judge is not going to victimize the same person twice. You are right in telling folks to go seek legal counsel, but because they have not done it to this point, the judge is not going to take games from folks that were bought and paid for, no matter what you say. He may order that no more be dispersed, and he may freeze other assets, but he is not going to send a Marshal to a person's home to confiscate a pinball game they bought and paid for months or years ago. Aside from being inhuman, it would be political suicide. It is a stupid argument anyway, as neither of us have anything to do with this and should leave it to those that do.

#21546 7 years ago

Putting all of the drama and hard feelings about this game aside for a moment, I have to say I love the artwork.

#21943 7 years ago
Quoted from BD_Designs:

Haha yeah I know about that story too. Honestly though, it shouldn't matter to anyone what he does with his own money. He earned it.

Just imagine how great Pinside would be if everyone agreed with (and complied with) that little statement.............

1 week later
#22691 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Probably the best post and informative post on this subject yet. This will all boil down as to how it is all presented in court and how the judge sees it. I am sure there will be a lot of case study involved for the judge to draw from. But bottom line, it is what the judge decides and how he determines the laws will apply in this particular case. It's my opinion, based on how I interpret things, that no MG owner is going to have to return games or pay penalties/fines for receiving a MG game.
Remember, OJ was found to be innocent. I rest my case.

Probably the most sensible couple of posts on this subject so far. I also doubt anyone will have to give up a game already delivered.....however, the fact that folks are turning these so quickly for much more than they paid, and being so public about it could backfire on these folks if this thing really does go to bankruptcy court. As I said, I am a firm believer that no judge is going to seize a game that someone bought and paid for at realistic prices, but the fact folks are making bank on these and others are going with nothing, could be the catalyst to push some judge to do something out of the ordinary. If I had one of these in my house , I would be as quiet as a church mouse right now....just sayin...........

#22708 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That probably makes sense, from a layman's perspective, but it's not out of the ordinary in bankruptcy court. It's actually common practice.
For example, simply refer to the following quote. [1]
--------
"The 'avoiding powers' of a bankruptcy trustee are among the most commonly used and frequently analyzed provisions of the Bankruptcy Code. These powers are designed to achieve a variety of policy goals. Providing perhaps the most significant of these powers is that which allows the trustee to set aside preferential transfers. The preference provision is, by far, the most litigated area of bankruptcy law."
--------
[1] Deborah L. Thorne, Carrie Foster, and David Wheeler. Foreword. Preference Defence Handbook: The Circuits Compared. 1st ed. Alexandria: American Bankruptcy Institute, 2006.
Bonus points if you can figure out Ms. Thorne's current occupation.

Ha, I knew better than to make a comment in this thread. Too many folks wanting to argue some imaginary point. "Out of the Ordinary" was probably a bad choice of words I guess. I was referring more about an "ordinary" type of judgment using common sense and an even approach....and yes, I am well aware the law is not based on common sense, but judges are allowed to use it from time to time. The term was NOT a challenge for every legal clerk to go and find some case law to post.

I was merely saying if this goes to court (which I highly doubt) people who have these machines can make the case they finally got what they paid for, and they own them fair and square. But listing one for double the price or bragging how you got 20K for something that didn't work, could anger the gods just a bit and bring on more of an emotional response. It's hard to have sympathy for someone when they doubled their money or more, while others are left with nothing. I wasn't arguing ANY legal points of any of this, and you all can debate those points to your hearts' content. I have no stake, and thankfully I am not a lawyer.

1 month later
#23318 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'm not saying people shouldn't be asked to leave when they are a dick. It's Robin's site (party) and he can do what he wants.
My point is just because someone is kicked out of a forum doesn't mean they are wrong. It seemed like he said the things that people simply didn't want to hear and screeched about it incessantly until he was inevitably banned.

You might want to do some more research. There was a LOT more involved than just saying what someone did not want to hear. Several lines were blatantly crossed.

#23342 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

There's about a dozen habitual line steppers on Pinside that aren't and will never be subjected to the constant scrutiny that K was. Of course, those line steppers are fully vetted members of the PBC.
You want to do some fun research? Do a search on pinside for any of George Carlin's dirty words. see which posters get moderated, and which ones don't. Enlightening!

You are probably correct, but they were not the subject of the comment I made reference to. I just told the poster to do some research so he/she could make up their own mind. I'm not going to argue the point with you in this thread, we have already done that elsewhere. We just have to understand we have differing views and I doubt I would change your mind, and you won't change mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=Manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.