(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GotAQuestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20640 7 years ago

Wait so like 3 days ago there's supposed to be a court case nobody got invited to, and today Magic Girl is apparently a thing??

I feel like we're missing some steps in the middle.

... also, any pics?

#20663 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Sounds like i am winning $25 bet with toyotaboy!
Winner!
Hell froze over!

Holy shit dude, I just remembered that and I'm not gonna lie - I thought you were giving away $25 at the time. What are the odds.

#20664 7 years ago

Sorry to double-post but that is a CRAZY ramp. Does anyone have a link to some concept pictures (if any exist)? It's sort of hard to see what the game was supposed to look like from those two pictures (or does look like).

#20752 7 years ago

Wait until you have the games before making any decisions. In fact, wait until they have a decent number of plays too. Would suck to drop the case and find out they all fall apart at 100 plays.

1 week later
#21603 7 years ago

Facebook is full of bullshit, trolls, and idiots. Just go read any political post by a major news source. You'll see idiots on both sides.

There also ARE pinball forums that slant positive and don't have in-fighting. They're just not active. So more or less not worth using, at least not on the sub-hourly basis that Pinside is. There rarely goes an hour here where there's not *something* worth looking at.

#21716 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

So let me get this straight, john needs 5+ years, a pyramid scheme for the money, to deliver 16 alpha status games that are far from finished and dont even flip correct ? Holy crap, that just sad.

There are several homebrew projects on THIS SITE, working off pocket money, that play better than this. I have to admit MG LOOKS pretty, but that does very little for me.

#21881 7 years ago

I'm not sure a week is going to cut it. You're probably looking at several months to finish the code.

I suppose a week might be enough if you put him in a hole and lower l̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ food down to him in a basket.

#21883 7 years ago

Because code development takes much, much more time than the layman assumes. Read the Mythical Man Month if you really care. Otherwise just know "it'll be easy to code <blank>" is a sentence non-programmers use far, far too often.

Edit: Not to mention, the majority of project timeline estimates are far undershot. So commonly so there's a field of jokes about it: https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/1658:_Estimating_Time

#21887 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

I write code for a living.

As do I. You should know as well as anyone that deadlines are rarely met, 70-80 hour weeks are not unheard of, and "easy" is a word that should never be used without a deep and intimate knowledge of the code base.

Quoted from pezpunk:

a week seems to me like an incredibly short timeframe to develop new features and fully test and debug them, especially when you are dealing with a complex mechanical system whose testing can't be automated for the most part

Excellent additional points. A week might be possible to add some modes if you're not interested in testing them, developing any lightshows, including call outs etc. but I wouldn't call that "finished".

#21891 7 years ago

It's a safe statement for more or less any project in a questionable stage of development. Even small projects with few requirements are rarely fully finished and tested in a week. Big projects? Never.

#21897 7 years ago

I see there's a wanted ad for a Magic Girl already. So I guess there's still demand for them, at least at a niche level.

#21933 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

It sucks. Stern's worst game of the past five years is better. You pick which one and I'll tell you why it's better.

I don't disagree with you, I just want to see it done.

Pick your favorite of WWE or Pabst.

#21941 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

People are still in shock from the TBL situation.

I gotta say my expectations for how Q1 in pinball would play out literally happened in the opposite. I expected TBL to ship out to the owners and MG to just never exist.

#21970 7 years ago

^ owes $20 to Pinside

#22086 7 years ago

Wow, what a jackass.

#22636 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I can't possibly see the demand for Magic Girl in large numbers

IF the game were magically guaranteed to make it to largescale production. IF the game were magically guaranteed to have complete code. IF the game were somehow adjusted so the many, many, many geometry problems (and apparently missing entrances to playfields), etc were fixed.

I could see there being solid demand. On paper, the idea is good. The reality that came out? Well I mean we've all been watching the trainwreck. So basically, if the large numbers game were more or less none of the things the boutique game ended up being, yeah, sure I see demand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider GotAQuestion.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=GotAQuestion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.