(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Euchrid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1027 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do what.... C&H or Totoro? lol.
C&H could make a cool pin, but the extreme risk of screwy voiceovers is....very high. Could see that turning into a train wreck real fast.
Can't speak for Totoro...never seen it, but Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke definitely have some interesting things that could be worked into pinball. Besides... JPOP is already selling games in the sub-50 total region already. How's that any different?
I'd be in on AIW for sure if I had the money, and if the business model this whole company is operating under wasn't so questionable. It's not exactly a "dude" appealing theme, and I don't really think it has a lot of mass appeal either, but you just never know..

Disagree. Personally, I think AIW, being subtlety dark in nature, lends itself quite awesomely to a pin. Especially true for those of us who can't wait to see the artwork for it.

2 months later
#3294 9 years ago

Add me to the list of folks who have sent JPOP an email seeking a refund. I hopped in on AIW a year ago. So wanted to see that game get made, but I've no faith that we will ever see that title from him.

I'm figuring that if I don't receive the refund within a month, I'll file a Complaint in small claims court (or whatever the equivalent is in IL). That will get his attention.

#3298 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Crazy can't believe no refund on a game that's got nothing other then vapor ware art work done

Well, I just sent the request today, so it's not so crazy that I haven't received it yet.

1 month later
#4510 9 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

That's only privy to the owners' group, which probably needs to operate behind closed doors during this "intervention" (i.e., out-of-court restructuring). If the situation becomes adversarial, I doubt the owners would want to be discussing strategy and tactics in an open forum frequently read by JPop himself. They may not want JPop's attorney participating either, given his inherent conflict of interest.

We'll

Quoted from Razorbak86:That's only privy to the owners' group, which probably needs to operate behind closed doors during this "intervention" (i.e., out-of-court restructuring). If the situation becomes adversarial, I doubt the owners would want to be discussing strategy and tactics in an open forum frequently read by JPop himself. They may not want JPop's attorney participating either, given his inherent conflict of interest.

Well, that's interesting to hear. JPOP's attorney is communicating directly with the customers... Good luck not being named as a witness in the event of a lawsuit and being conflicted out.

Also, I've put money down on AIW but have never been given access to any private blog or Facebook page. How do I go about getting such info?

#4534 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Conflicted out of what? You can talk to someone's lawyer without losing the right to sue them later if you want to.

Um, yeah. I know. What I was stating was if his lawyer makes himself a witness by inserting himself in discussions that may be material in some future suit, he (the lawyer, that is) may be conflicted out of representing JPOP. His lawyer may be skirting the line between representation and acting instead as some agent of JPOP's corp. One cannot be a witness and the attorney in the same case.

#4537 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's Jpop's IP attorney only.

Got it, that makes sense then. He wouldn't be representing JPOP or the corp anyway in the event of such.

#4646 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Actually the best route may be to keep these two games limited as promised. Deliver and amaze and then open up Alice as the big run.

Ok, then what about the AIW folks who already put money down on an idea of a limited run? If you're going to keep you're word, keep it. If you're not, don't. Either he keeps his word on production numbers for each of his first three titles or blows them all up. Buyers of MG can't act like they are somehow more entitled than the RAZA buyers or that somehow they should be given deference when others should not.

2 weeks later
#5313 9 years ago

You know, depending on how JPOP has chosen to insulate himself and his family (if he really has at all) and depending on other factors, litigation may be able to "pierce the corporate veil" and put him personally, and by extension his family, at risk. If being responsible for the financial collapse of his family doesn't motivate him.... F this. And F him. Let's just file a complaint seeking to get at his personal (aka family) assets and negotiate from a position of strength - not this bullshit "well I guess this goes however John wants it to go" attitude.

No need for a class action, and all the rule 23 crap, just a good old multi-Plaintiff ass whooping before he wastes any more of our money fancying himself a real pinball designer.

#5479 9 years ago

Man, seeing the AIW foam core makes me want his games to be a reality even more. What I don't understand is how he doesn't have such an overwhelming desire to actually put real, playing games out into the publics hands enough so that he is willing to swallow whatever perfectionism that is not allowing him to move forward. I would think the former would outweigh the latter.

1 week later
#6143 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Yeah, there's not a chance in hell of this happening. For one thing, John would never give up total control of these projects.-He'd want to be involved. And secondly Stern wouldn't want to deal with him or any of his baggage on this project. And Stern wouldn't be interested in making such limited release games as the profit just isn't there.
If there is one take-away from all this that could benefit pinball it's that JPop's artist is pretty damn good! Stern, JJP, or Spooky should hire this guy to do some future games.
Another question. Does JPop even have the licensing required to do AIW?

I am sure that AIW is old enough to be public domain.

2 weeks later
#7401 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

It is simple economics. There wasn't enough money that was going to be generated in the first game to pay for its own development and manufacturing (at least not in the way John was going about it). Everyone, and I do mean everyone (except probably the initial buyers), told him to make MG unlimited so that he would have enough money to do it (especially those of us who weren't interested in BHZA/RAZA).
But John insisted that those who missed out on MG would jump on board with BHZA/RAZA, and then he made THAT a limited run, which also wasn't going to be enough capital to get MG into production and pay for the development of BHZA/RAZA.
Hence why the "unlimited" AIW was "needed". Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Unfortunately it's a catch 22. No one game will ever generate enough money to complete the games preceding it.
If he had simply opened up MG from the beginning, used as much off-the-shelf parts he could, I can only imagine that the game would have been finished and shipping by now.

Yes, but AIW is also *supposedly* limited to 133 units.

#7648 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I played MG the last two days.
That wasn't a lie.

Another pinsider falls prey to JPop's jedi mind tricks....

Jesus man, spit it out - you know what everyone on here wants to hear if you actually spent the last two days playing the game.

#7649 8 years ago

sorry, dup post deleted.

#7731 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, a handful of people who have really large pinball budgets? I don't consider anything John is doing competition for Alien or Full Throttle (AMH is sold out). And that's being generous and pretending he's actually "doing" games, like they're still going to ship, which feels pretty unlikely.
If you're in on any of these games you're pretty much an "elite" collector, and can probably pick up any machine you feel like.

What nonsense! You're speaking like you know all of the folks who placed pre-order money with JPOP. Every pinball dollar wasted with Zidware is money I won't have to buy something else. Look man, if you don't know, don't talk. Guess I'm an "elite collector." I should tell my wife that I can now pick up any game I like cuz I'm an elite collector now that I've been f&(!ed by JPOP.

1 week later
#8130 8 years ago

I'm not convinced he didn't take preorders for more MGs or RAZAs than the stated production run. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he accepted preorder money from anyone and everyone who was willing to send it - with either the intention of never making the games or, more likely, simply willing to make more than promised and not caring if anyone ever found out.

5 months later
#18119 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

We are under a gag order from the lawyer.

Thank you, Chis, thats a nice thought from you but this thread is proof otherwise. Us being called stupid by Pinside is probably one of the nicer expressions over the past year or so. I think a recent favorite was from Pinsider, PinballHelp (New Orleans) who called me and others sycophants. His intent was insulting but his misuse of a word beyond his skill level was both embarrassing and amusing.

There is nothing private about the status of any litigation. Perhaps I missed it, but what is the name of the lawsuit, who is the named class action person so I can look up the docket and post the cad schedule? It's all public info.

Edit: never mind, that's what I get posting before I read the 100 other posts that followed...

#18196 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You could always pelt him with dildos.

You bring your dildo collection to Expo, did you?

9 months later
#18963 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

More likely than not, as is the case with Predator, only those that sued will be paid (if there is any payment) out of settlement or judgement.

I don't believe this is accurate. Those who did not sue have not given up any legal right that the others currently have, they are simply not part of the current suit. If it's not a class action, each person is free to sue JPOP individually as well, up to the point that their statute of limitations expire. If it is a class action, once the Class is certified, Class counsel (Plaintiff's counsel) will be required to mail to each other potential plaintiff (the people who have not sued JPOP yet, but who gave that idiot money) a paper giving them a rundown of the case and asking them whether they would like to opt in or out of the class. If one were to opt in, they would become part of the certified class and would now be represented by Class counsel. If one were to opt out, they would still retain any legal rights they have to sue JPOP up to the point that the SOL expires, but would need to retain their own counsel and file their own Complaint separately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Euchrid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=Euchrid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.