(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

360 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Concretehardt. You are on page 1 of 2.
#7 9 years ago

+1 RAZA owner here
John has been on a roll lately & RAZA is shaping up nicely! His KISS Proto is only a small taste of what is coming.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

I made my first payment(on BHZA) of $2k? $2500? I can't remember except that right after I made the payment, he announced that the first payment deadline was pushed back, so my payment was not needed yet. Should I check the status or are we still in a holding pattern? I figured I would get contacted if they needed more money or anything, but you never know. I have not been on the blog in over a year.

I think most are in way more than $2500 at this point... I would check with John.

1 month later
#169 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So now that it's 3 years later - does anyone know who's animating for the LCD, programming, doing the music/sound?

For RAZA yes

1 month later
#233 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

As much as I would love a AIW with hand drawn art I cant see myself buying from this guy. There is no way to contact him. He hasn't returned a email to me ever and no phone # I can find is ever answered. No way in hell would I just send him money on something I cant see. Yes I did it for JJP but AIW is this guys supposed 3rd pin and we have seen nothing on the first one. Jeesh, and if I like my Dr I can keep him.

Strange! the last time I needed to talk to John I called him and he answered on the 2nd ring... JPOP is a great guy! I've been in on RAZA for 1.5 years and im not worried at all.
Lots of good updates on the owners forum lately!

1 month later
#286 9 years ago

Arrrrgh I wish I was there

#296 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Empty cabinets ...

image.jpg 99 KB

I promise you he has more than that but I guess he isn't ready to show it yet

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

Negative Nancys. JPop is going to come through in spades. I'm sure he just doesn't want his ideas to be replicated. So limited showings until closer to full release.

This is definetly true as anyone that has been on the owners blog knows that JPOP has more to show than random art and empty cabinets.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Interesting plastic circle bolted on the side of the cabinet.

Wait till you see what it does on the completed game

#422 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The porthole in the cabinet side is typically used in early prototypes to give access to the underside of the playfield while it is down.

That's not what this porthole is for.

#469 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Agreed, and thank you for writing what you wrote this morning on the blog. You echoed my issues with the project exactly.
If John doesn't step up and make the experience a good one for owners then there might not be enough people willing to sign up to make a game #4. I know that's why I didn't sign up for AIW.

Ditto, Thanks Frolic!! Sometimes it seems like John thinks all these delays are a non issue for the owners. Perfection can never be achieved (not even if your JPOP) sometimes compromises are made or nothing ever gets finished.

#570 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

You are seeing the failure of OCD behavior. The stuff he was working on was not good enough so he basically blended a bunch of other successful brands as a form of crisis management.
This guy has failed and you all should admit it and make a run on the bank to end the pain.

You sure are a sad Sack!

#603 9 years ago

This post is directed twards RAZA owners... Drano just posted a pretty strong post on the Blog and I have made a few posts as well. At this point as owners I think the only way we can get anywhere is to stop beating around the bush with John and just post how we really feel..... So if your an owner get on the blog and politely say your peace. That way 3 or 4 owners don't have to do all the heavy lifting and John is more likely to listen.
Thanks!

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Alright...sending my opus on the blog now. Please everyone else do the same if you haven't already.

Bravo! Thanks for your post on the blog.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

I have raised these same issues on the RAZA blog in the past and only a few owners will stick their necks out, or say anything at all of these concerns.
The problem I find is that Jpop takes these reasonable questions the wrong way, gets upset and it ends up turning into some kind of love fest with owners praising him instead of pressing for answers and the concerns are forgotten about, at least for a while...
Figured these types of questions must be taboo, the nerve of us requesting such details.
I see the blog really lit up today.. I will try to help again.

The love fest is over! I will back any owner voicing concerns on the blog.... That is a promise!

#694 9 years ago

Zidware has other cash flow coming in I believe. I will have to do more research but I thought they did software and apps ect?

#709 9 years ago

I made that crickets post and was really unprepared for how pissed John was over it. I really didn't mean anything by it except the blog had been quiet for a bit. I actually emailed John about the whole thing but never heard back from him.

#760 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Those currently not in on a JPop game and do not have their money on the line right now:
Please do not fan the flames, take a victory lap for getting out previously, or generally troll this thread.
Obviously, there are issues going on with this matter, give it a couple days to see if JPop addresses the obvious criticism he is under from his existing customers. Perhaps he will smooth it out, perhaps he will not - regardless, no reason for those who do not have a vested interest to speculate for the next 48 or so hours.
I'm not saying not to post in this thread or restricting posting to only those with an interest, just post responsibly...

Quoted from vex:

what a major disappointment this is. who in their right mind would want to be one of the new 25 people putting money into this debacle? if 25 brave souls would step up, what's to say in 12 months he doesn't add another 25 spots?
my guess from reading through all this? the money is gone and there won't be any games made. i really hope i am wrong but jpop comes across as extremely flaky and completely out to lunch putting it mildly.

Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

With Ben Heck gone, John is done. Ben was the lead tech at Zidware.
And what are the main toys for MG and RAZA? Does John even have the technical knowledge to materialize them?

Quoted from Honch:

Unfortunately it's starting to look like vaporware with every passing day.

Quoted from Honch:

This is the first I heard this and JPOP sounds pathetic. I don't give a damn how skilled he is, if it was my cash he'd be makin with the explanation, whether he's butt hurt or not.

index.jpg 7 KB

Quoted from SadSack:

You "owners" had better hope he's not suffering depression. This is the kind of thing that can really send someone over the cliff. For all we know, he's drawing and throwing away a hundred sketches a day:
All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.

Super helpful thanks guys

#786 9 years ago

Thanks PDX! seeing that shot of MG and knowing now that it is near completion puts me at ease.
When MG is revealed to the pin world John won't have to say anything, the game will do the talking!
Good chatting with you yesterday thanks very much for bringing info back from JPOP, MG and RAZA owners owe you a big thanks for being our eyes and ears.

#827 9 years ago

I am feeling way better today in light of JPOPS recent blog posts/pics. I can honestly say after everything that has transpired in the last 48 hours that if John offered to refund my money on RAZA I would decline! I'm staying in and have renewed faith in the project.
The game will be worth the wait IMHO.
Big thanks to all the owners for standing together and basically speaking to John with one voice on this, I am confident that he got the message.

#872 9 years ago

John knows all about the idea of marking your ideas in public. In the interview linked below, John explains why he announced AiW as early as he did. To paraphrase: it was to mark it to the other designers that the idea is taken.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/exclusive-john-popadiuk-jr-interview-from-9192014
So I'm thinking that there are more important reasons as to why he's so secretive. The simplest explanation is usually the right one, and that he just keeps changing and tweaking to such a high degree that he doesn't want to officialize what he might insecurely feel sucks. He showed the translite art for a second and quickly hid it from sight, and that wasn't because he feared someone will steal the style. This is John, he's insecure about his work just like Kubrick was. This is well known about perfectionists, they quickly feel ashamed when they come out with a better idea in their heads, no matter how petty the issue might be.
He won't change.

Great info! now can you explain what compels a person to analyze another person over and over again on a pinball forum? What type of personality disorder is that?
image-905.jpgimage-905.jpg

#914 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

See JJP and PPS..........
Here's an idea: John meet Jack, Jack meet John. John: "I hear you jettisoned your designer Balcer last year. I have pins, need production"

Ice that idea just made me do this......

#928 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

More detail posted on John's RAZA blog since Expo than in quite a while... I think the curtain parted in a bit of a reality shock. The details he's posted on MG and RAZA progress, timeline, game programming and board design and additional members to the development team are all welcome details. He's promised more to the owners in the coming days. Good news for owners who have been waiting a long time.

It sounds like we are very close to an MG reveal as well

#985 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Jpop told me in person Stern came in half way through and scooped it on him. Its Gene Simmons...its all about the money not the art or game play!

Bummer! To think what might have been
image-248.jpgimage-248.jpgimage-8.jpgimage-8.jpgimage-759.jpgimage-759.jpgimage-278.jpgimage-278.jpgimage-272.jpgimage-272.jpg

#990 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

No offense to anyone but that layout doesn't look all that interesting, I mean the game is beautiful but that red Gene Simmons in the middle just isn't doing it for me...what do you guys think?

It's not a finished playfield ie no ramps ect.. I'm guessing the finished product would of been BA!

#1059 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

You are a douchebag if you don't want as many people to enjoy these cool new games.

Your right I would feel like a douchebag if I had my money tied up for 3 years and all of the sudden my limited production pin isn't limited any more and anyone can order one, no money down no waiting...
But wait! I get a key chain or a numbered plaque for my 3 year interest free loan? Your right who wouldn't want that deal. The risk to putting your money out years in advance was that you could lose it all and get nothing, the reward is that if all went well your would receive a truly limited machine not some mass produced machine.

So I will turn the douchebag comment back on you, if you want to "enjoy one of these cool new games" then stop blathering about it! get your wallet out and buy someone's preorder.

#1066 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Anyone get their J-pop game yet?

You get your handjob yet? just playing Flank

Quoted from kaneda:

Look forward to seeing some of you at expos in the future so we can hug it out.

Quoted from centerflank:

You ever try to hug me, I will bitch slap you.

Quoted from kaneda:

Followed by a hand job?

Quoted from centerflank:

Do i receive or give?

1 week later
#1084 9 years ago

Even going back to the original flyer for the game it was clear there would be Zombies, flying saucers & Aliens. I love the blue alien girl but still hope "NEB" gets tweaked..... We shall see
image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg

#1133 9 years ago

Nice update on the blog today Ice, check it out if you havnt already.

#1165 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

John is making Kevin (Skit-B) look good and that takes a lot of doing.

I wouldn't go that far! At least we have an owners blog with info and pics.

#1206 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

IT's called, cranking it out. At this point, JPOP should be absolutely on the verge of a fatigue breakdown because of his 100+ hour work weeks. No more talking, no more designing, no more storyboards and art proofs. Pick something he has from a year ago and go with it.
Anything else is prolonging the agony of failure. GOod luck to those of you who have been buying his food, fuel and rent for a couple of years longer than you offered. Maybe he should send you all a parting gift of a fat tube of KY.
I'm never going to worship some guy whose name was on some nice pin from 20 years ago with 7 or 8 other people that actually made it happen. If Steve Ritchie promised a pin out of his garage in 2 years to everyone who ponied up 10 grand would you think he could do it as well? I'm just glad I never fell for any of this "pre-pay the master" bullshit or I'd be over there getting my money back in person.
You guys still waiting with baited breath are just lying to yourselves. The December reveal will be another total letdown.. I guarantee it. And to think how you all just shared his come-to-Jesus moment as if that meant anything at all. One big pile of remorseful BULSHIT does nothing to produce a couple hundred machines. It's all flat out dreamland nonsense to keep the suckers from suing him into bankruptcy.
At least that's my take as an impartial observer. Thanks for the entertainment.

Damn Sadsack is JPOP banging your old lady or something? Sounds like you have some pent up rage going on there brosef.... It's only pinball!

#1208 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Its only pinball ... And $10k-$17k for a bunch of people

Yea and I'm one of those people...
RAZA#54

#1212 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

After seeing inside what jack had to go through to get woz done I bailed. I Was raza #8
I feel bad for the group that still are waiting

Yea it's been a long wait! I hope all the owners are rewarded with an incredible game in the end

#1221 9 years ago

John just posted on the Blog that he is gunna do a full game reveal on RAZA the first week of January

#1239 9 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I wonder where all the money is? The guy needs to eat, live and have a house etc. For years...... With not selling anything, so no extra income but pre orders.
He did not have large pockets if i am correct. How is he gonne build all those pins when the pin is gold finaly?
This man needs to have a very good job at stern or some other pin company. Cause he has skills. But cant run a company.
He is losing track in his own forrest of art.

Again from what I understand Zidware has other revenue sources, I believe they write apps ect.

1 week later
#1328 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Is any one pin 27k? Or is it 17 for one and 10 for the other?

No and yes

#1349 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just curious. Anyone looking to sell their spot?

Good grief Kaneda give it a rest dude!
image-73.jpgimage-73.jpg

#1357 9 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Is preorder for RAZA are sold out?

Pre orders are sold out so you would have to buy an existing owners spot.

#1359 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I bet he just got 10 pms lol

Not from me!

#1362 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

It's gonna suck down the line when someone wants one of these machines and has to pay through the butt cheek to get one.

Not as bad as its sucking for us original owners having money fronted for 3 years to get one.

#1410 9 years ago

John once told me that the MG owners/buyers were wearing the "hard hats" in his new pinball company, he went on to explain that things created and learned from MG will be able to be used in RAZA... John didn't directly say it but seemed to imply this is why RAZA will cost 10k instead of the 17k MG costs. The MG buyers wearing the "hard hats" funded the development of the platform that will be used for RAZA & AIW.

#1424 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'll gamble with a bid of $1000.

You certainly live up to your name.... Very sad!

#1439 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's junk bond right now and that can change overnight with the "big reveal" that he is promising on both MG and RAZA. Two weeks away!
I just canceled my TBL pre order and am still waiting on THLE refund check, should be next week.
If MG is what I think its going to be based on what I've seen and heard, at 50 produced, I want one.

Ice what made you bail on TBL? I am also still waiting for my Hobbit refund been nearly 6 weeks.

#1456 9 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I have zero dogs in this fight, but I am pulling for your guys that are pre-order buyers. I really, genuinely hope you guys get your games. I could never, EVER wait 3-4 years like you guys are doing. You're stronger, crazier, richer or nuttier than me; I don't know which of the 4 or all of them .
Hope it all works out guys; I really do!!! A lot of us non-buyers are silently (read: not stirring the pot) watching.

I can only speak for Iceman and myself... We are just nuttier than you are

#1461 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

If Zidware was a public company, I'd be shorting the stock right now.

Long JPOP 10,000 shares baby

#1482 9 years ago

FYI Small update just posted on RAZA blog.

#1498 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

As a general rule of owning and operating a business, I stop supplying customers who don't pay their invoices.
I believe this is a good common business sense and one that other companies/suppliers that may be (or ARE) in similar circumstances should be practicing as well.

Pretty Vague dude.. What the rest of the story?

#1503 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

John didn't pay his invoices. How's that vague?

Well let's see last time i checked there are 2 sides to every story! So Were the original terms of the agreement fulfilled on both sides? What's the rest of the story? Starting to sound like the JJP screened cabinet debacle (JJP thinks he got screwed over and it sounds like the guy making the cabs thinks he got screwed over) so which is it both parties can't be right... Can they?

#1520 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I just realized that with the Predator drama out of the way .

It is? I must of missed the resolution!

#1603 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I was asking John for a refund on RAZA not so much out of inpatients but more because if apathy due to lack of progress at this point, maybe if the reveal is nice I would be more on board.
John never responded to my asking for a refund but he did invite me to visit him, however he never mentioned my query for a refund. These were in email not on the phone. But the disconnect is weird like I'm asking one thing and he's asking a completely opposite thing.
I almost feel like visiting him but almost I'm scared to as if I may not like what I'll see.
Anyone visited him? Is it worth the trip?

A friend of mine is in on RAZA and MG, he and his buddy visited JPOPS lair... All I can say is that the friend who was with him after seeing RAZA & MG got his checkbook out and tried to get in on both games.

#1710 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Well if he wants to amaze and astound people with "The Lebowski Effect" maybe he'll start refunding people.

Zing!

#1781 9 years ago

We need to keep the pressure on John guys! I posted on the blog last night, I think if the owners go quiet on the blog John takes that as an all clear to go back to design mode rather than finish the F#cking game mode.
So if you are on the blog don't be shy, post some motivational thoughts for JPOP!

#1846 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The NDA is not enforceable and it's not like the game will ever be made anyways. Spill all you know!

So pimp I didn't realize you were in on RAZA, Have you completely given up on these ever being built?

#1848 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Pretty discouraged...zero confidence at this point. I'm hoping for a playable MG tomorrow for all to see.

Me 2 man!

#1895 9 years ago

Owners also need to post thoughts and concerns on the Blog as I seriously doubt John will ever see this thread.

#1898 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I did and my post still says awaiting moderation. When did that start happening?

I have never seen that before

#1907 9 years ago

I don't see it

#1918 9 years ago

I just made a test post on the RAZA blog and it posted no problem.

#1943 9 years ago

Please guys I'm begging you... No Hitler video's

#2062 9 years ago

This thread is unraveling....no pun intended

#2079 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Dude, who are trying to fool? He's never going to build games. It's time for people to just face it.

Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Aurich, I'm thinking it and you're typing it, spot on dude.

Quoted from metallik:

There's every reason to panic. He has shown absolutely no ability or desire to get anything done.

Guys what's the point of all this^
Us guys who have money with JPOP get it! You all think we have been scammed. Posting it over and over here on Pinside serves no purpose (I think by now we all get it) maybe we have been scammed or maybe someday John will start producing games that are epic, but panicking or posting over and over that games are not coming really isn't helpful (again after 2500 posts in this thread we get it). For the guys with money out to John like me what are you suggesting we do? Panic? Threaten? Lawyer up, have a sit in protest at his shop?
IMHO All we can do is wait some more... It is what it is at this point!

If I had a time machine and could go back in time and fix things in my life, sending money to John wouldn't even make the top 500 list of things I would change if given the chance. Life is too short for regrets over a pinball machine.

#2084 9 years ago

It's all good Aurich your heart is in the right place and I know you just don't want to see anyone get burned.

#2123 9 years ago

My understanding is that there are several assembled MG's (not sure about code status)
I have talked to someone who has been to his shop recently.

#2243 9 years ago

Kaneda please get the hell out of this thread! Everyone else please ignore him. I went on the blog last night to request John read the last few pages of this thread so he could get an idea of the anger and frustration that is brewing here. It F#cking pisses me off because if he does use the link that I posted to this thread on the blog all he is gunna see is Kaneda trolling and a bunch of people taking the bait.

Mods I am requesting that Kaneda be ejected from this thread, kind of a serious issue here with a lot of good people's money on the line.

Everyone else please stop responding to him.

#2252 9 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

U said you posted on the blog yesterday? I didnt see it?

Frolic posted to an older topic (October thread)

#2309 9 years ago

John is active on the RAZA blog today has posted several updates.

#2470 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just found a photo of three nicely populated MG p/f's on the artist's instagram.
http://instagram.com/p/vumzcavsqO/?modal=true

Dang!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#2599 9 years ago

I was just going over the original flyer... I had stars in my eyes when I saw this back in the day!
It's funny my daughter even drew a zombie cat and I sent it to John. I got an email from him right away saying he would put it up on his idea board, It was really cool! John used to be way better on the whole communication thing!
image-235.jpgimage-235.jpg

#2643 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Hi guys, jpop got upset so many people saw his raza translight and made another version... I think this works better for what he's doing

image-968.jpg 153 KB

#2672 9 years ago

Multiball1,
Since you have actually seen and played the MG Proto could you share some thoughts on it? Also since you have been to JPOP's lair what are your thoughts on what you have seen of RAZA?
TY

#2781 9 years ago

I think John is handling things terribly at the moment, his communication could not be worse! That said my guess is that he is getting close to revealing MG to the world and when he does most of this will be forgotten (like when Stern screws us on code and then the masses line up to buy the next new game over and over). Everything is riding on MG at the moment! show an awesome game and a plan to get it built and I think he can salvage this situation.

#2785 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Understood. I was more responding to PDX who is clearly a cheerleader. It is very possible that JPOP would need to lower his price to get more buyers on board, which would require that he lower the price for everyone. How much of the $16,000 have buyers put down???? What a disaster.......

Although I don't believe in doing it, I'm gunna have to put you on ignore for a bit as your chicken little "sky is falling" posts are completely unhelpful! Maybe you can find an ambulance to chase around in your home town today.

#2787 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

^^ denial is obvious. "Put anyone on ignore who does not say I am getting my game."
In fact, concretehardt is an anti-chicken little. The sky is never falling:
» YouTube video

Really Sack? After 2700 posts on this thread and going on 2 years of waiting for my game believe me when i say my head is not buried in the sand. It's just that repetitive posts saying the same negative shit over and over make me weary! That said I have enjoyed Darknights posts on other subjects so, DK I'm taking off ignore and as for you sad sack I can honestly say I have never enjoyed even 1 of your posts so.... you can take Dk's place on ignore.

#2810 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I will say this my life was less stressful when this thread was drained.

Hang in there PDX your positive outlook and insider perspective (several trips to Johns shop) help me to keep faith in this project.

#2848 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The MG prototypes have been promised in strong terms for 2 years, the latest being this month's reveal, which there is still no playable game shown. He was the one that hyped up the big reveal this month (on a rug).

Frolic, It sounds like the MG Prototypes are playable and more than just batting a ball around... See post below from Multiball (I think this was over 2 months ago that he played MG)

Quoted from Multiball1:

QUESTION FOR ***PAID UP*** MAGIC GIRL OWNERS
Admittedly I have not read every post on this thread (viewed about 75%) because I can't keep up with a 100+ posts a day but I was hoping paid up MG owners could help me understand the consensus within that group.
No doubt about it nearly all of us are frustrated with the time to market, but even though most other owners have not had an opportunity to play the proto as I have, what are your thoughts after seeing (on the blog) the final playfield (in entirety), backglass (although he's still hiding a feature in the BG), cabinet, final plastics set exclusive of ramps, and various screenshots of the animated LCD

#2849 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

This thread is starting to remind me of the Predator thread, lots of posts but not much real information, hard to keep reading so many posts with nothing really being said, including this

I hear you! I'm just praying that Ted doesn't find his way in here and start posting pictures of himself

1 week later
#2880 9 years ago

Yep cute dog! I wonder if I could post the puppy pic here? (would it violate the NDA)

#2908 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

even a $1K buyout at this point is probably optimistic.

Yea optimistic on your part! No way anyone is selling a $6500 spot for $1000. I will walk away and forget my spot with the hope that someday something gets completed before i sell for a dumb ass offer like $1000

#2995 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

BetterCallIce.png 317 KB

Thanks Jlm that the first smile I've had on my face all day. (I needed that)

#3041 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

The brown mark down that dog's backside looks like balls and a penis.

Quoted from mcluvin:

Man you guys are tough. I'm going back to the cheapskate's thread. We don't have any problems like this there.....

By problems do you mean pictures of dogs with giant penises on their backs?

#3053 9 years ago

Strange I have never had a post held for moderation

#3070 9 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

I was thinking this as well. It still says awaiting moderation, so I looked for a way to edit my comment to remove the word "effing" but I don't think it's possible (if anyone knows how please PM me).
If it does get deleted, hopefully it is done by jpop himself, so at least I'll know that he saw it.
I generally don't resort to using offensive language to make a point, but man, I'm just so frustrated about this whole situation!

Just remove the effing comment and repost your comment in a new posting.

#3092 9 years ago

I wonder if anyone is paid in full on RAZA. (Cointaker guys?)
Most everyone else paid up to around the $6500 mark?

#3136 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

John just responded to another thread too. The backglass trimming one.
If you guys havent subscribed to Wordpress email alerts for comments you should. You get them instantly before they are deleted.

How do I subscribe to the email alerts?

#3139 9 years ago

John just posted a new blog update

#3185 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He'll never open his books, but I would demand some answers to:
-What will it cost to build/BOM the games
-Where will this money come from to build them
-Demonstrate a functioning plan about how this will execute

The problem I see going forward assuming John gets his shit together and gets things cooled down with the owners is, who will be willing to send him more cash? At this point it's hard to imagine the RAZA guys sending him final payment and I assume he will need that cash to complete the games. I think the only way most of will send more cash is when are games are ready to ship. Hopefully John has another funding source besides his owners because that well is dry at this point!

#3242 9 years ago

I was just reading some older blog updates. The update below was actually an email John sent to a RAZA owner and then posted to the blog on 10-21-14 John said it was ok to post it to Pinside and I think it is in this thread somewhere. With the lack of any other news right now I figured I would repost it. (Notice i made a few of his points in bold lettering)

by johnpopadiuk
GONNA’ BE A BUSY DAY

"Hi Jim,
The month before expo has been hectic and we have been working very hard to get as much complete and then do a nice update reveal for owners. The workshop was laid out nicely in all the areas, as I gave a tour, and people who could not make it asked for a photo “tour” of sorts in the blogs. I will do this during the week. Days fly by unfortunately.

People forget that i am doing this only for the community and to make a type of narrow body pinball that is not being made today. Do I know everything or have all the answers, absolutely not. Bit I know how to make pinball and that is what we are all paying for. I had many people who visited, later call to say they will cancel their Hobbit order (or did cancel) if I can get them a MG or anything else.

We did have a much more completed RAZA whitewood for expo, but we did not take anything as I do not do a booth and I do not show whitewoods other than to the owners. The MG protos are almost done. That is how I work as I like to show my best. Taking 2 of the complete Raza cabinets, for my talk, was fine as they are simply fantastic and spare no expense in detail or quality. These cabinets are far better than anything we ever made at WMS. This same level of pinball is in the rest of the design, artwork and play fields.

Obviously I hold my owners in the highest regard, and yes sometimes my words come out not with the intent I have on the blog. That’s why I work hard and stay quiet, as I am focused on pinball making and not too chatty. I have learned the process is not as important as the final product, which must be solid. Also I can not make “all” owners happy in all what I do or share. It’s impossible as i remind people I am not curing cancer, or feeding the poor but making a pin game.
Also any owner can come anytime to visit me and see what are are doing. Our studio is simply unlike anything else and we are organized and have plenty of room for building games. As we are now. I have many owners who just “show up” and bang at the door. No one is ever refused and I hide nothing as I love the feedback.

But I will say we are at a critical part of the journey and I have to work even harder than I do now and get some hard dates inline. The games I have created are simply my best work, and I am almost over the hump of blank sheet to complete pinball platform in the Jpop style. It makes me happy, but unfortunately not everyone. So I have a lot to prove still and pinball making has always been an uphill battle.

To make great pinball it takes a lot of hours. 7 days a week. I am always at the shop as details abound. And actually the more I get “put to the fire” from owners the harder I want to work and not let anyone down.This is my 33rd year in pinball after starting at Bally in 1981, and creating Zidware, named after my kids, and making these custom games have been the hardest thing I have done and most rewarding. Both games MG and RAZA are stunning and full of innovation.

Also (sorry to ramble) this has definitely taken a lot longer then I ever planned, but i did not know what I did not know, and can’t go back. The first year of starting actually was planning and not really accomplishing much. So most of the work now was done in the last 1.5-2 years which I am amazed at.

But there is much to do in the months ahead as I have to keep people onboard and still wanting to support my work. The “Labowski” effect worked and I have to do the same level of reveal. My team is simply great as a mix of new young artists and designers, along with many industry vets like Rob Berry and Dave Zabriskie who are doing music and sounds. I purposely keep that part quiet so they are not lured away as I have spent the last 2 years directing them for my new pinball style. Pinball unfortunately is a “cut-throat” business for those behind the curtain. I have been threatened, stolen from and otherwise been hindered at many junctures from others in the business. My lawyer and I are amazed. We have 4 beautiful patents to cover new pinball lighting, cabinet design and interactive lcd play.

Magic Girl art (Raza too) is just not like anything ever. Very beautiful and detailed. I went around expo and looked at my “competition” in boutique and was not impressed at all at any of it. Labowski was the only great game there.

I am pretty beat so this week was catch up week, do some nice updates, and we did have 45 or so visitors to the studio which I was at much more than expo. The Big Labowski showed us all a lot as people like to see this level of “reveal” as early as possible, even though the game was basically functioning and has minimal code. And yes I always ask folks to call anytime to talk about these projects as I would rather make lifelong friends and not enemies.

It is early here 3am, I have a busy day ahead and much planning and photography to do. Will call you today at some time and i always ask people if they want to get more involved in helping me grow and sustain the business to get involved. You are more than welcome to repost to Pinside as this is where we are.
Jpop"

#3254 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

That's not his dog.

Wait, what?

#3259 9 years ago
Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Siting in a work shop shaking hands with the unemployed to Brazilian fart porn doesn't constitute working

^WTF^

#3268 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

He's shifting his approach, it seems, and the foundation for making more titles is in place. My sense is he takes the criticism very personally. As he does the quality of his game designs. This is the huge learning curve that is a challenge for any new pinball maker. His 'trouble' is not much different than what we've seen from JJP and others. I think you all will see these games pretty soon, and they will be made.

Appreciate your thoughts Steven! This thread could certainly use some positive input.

#3310 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yeah, the timing of this guy coming in and saying "just wait a bit more" is suspicious... it seems to have fired people up into thinking there's actually a flipping machine with production-level parts. People are talking like that's a given.
The only given at this point is Popaduik has had your money for four years and he's got some foam core and/or glued plastic ramp versions of Magic Girl. That's it. Software? Who knows. Everything else is speculation until he actually shows anything.

Well actually I know for a fact he has more than a foam core MG.

#3353 9 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Just pulled my Wells Fargo Bill Pay history to Zidware over the last 4 years...
It kinda felt like this

Funny Sh!t FT

#3371 9 years ago

John just posted a good update on the blog, I'm still in the process of reading it but so far I like it.

#3399 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I do know this, people including myself from as far back in August, have tried to give him $$$ for MG and he declined it.

Same here, I know people who tried to give him cash and he refused to take it.

#3469 9 years ago

Sheezus guys let it go! From my point of view (a guy with money in JPOPs hands) I don't really give a F#ck about a warranty clause saying I can't put my game on route... I JUST WANT MY F-ing GAME!
Let's not make the next 20 pages of this thread about this, if you put your magic girl on route and it breaks just say it broke at your house and get your replacement parts.

#3559 9 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

I like all the individual elements of the playfield art but in my opinion as a cohesive playfield it looks disjointed.

Can't please everyone I guess, I'm thrilled with it!

#3577 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I think the art looks good but does not look like zombies to me.

Not just Zombies its.... Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland!

#3578 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Actually it's really sad to see people grasping at absolutely anything to hold on to the idea that all this nonsense will end with an actual game being shipped.

Wanna know whats even sadder than that? The fact that I can still see your posts I don't normally hit the ignore button, but Sack for you I will make an exception.

#3718 9 years ago

a little blow up on details from the pic Ice posted
image-622.jpgimage-622.jpg

#3721 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Oh nice someone leading zombies chained up. That's new...

Hey they are on a skateboard.. that's new!

#3723 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I suppose the skateboard is new at least.

tumblr_m14xeko9mb1qlrwe9o1_500.p... 214 KB

That's a freaky pic... Michonne is pretty bad ass! (I'm just sayin)

#3738 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

How depressing! This is the game I really wanted. Instead we're getting a purple zombie, on a purple roller coaster, in a purple theme park, chased by a purple alien.

Guys lets at least wait to see the colored in playfield (hopefully in a few weeks)

#3850 9 years ago

John is posting updates on the blog.

#3907 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree. I think it is the better of the 2 cabinets.

I still think he RAZA cabinet will look awesome with the reactor glowing thru the side window!

1 week later
#4052 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, I dunno man, pinball seems like a crappy business to be in.

It's "Hard"

#4112 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

sounds like Jpops going down the same way lol I kid......

Small edit (digesting)

Do you get off on chasing ambulences to accident scenes and then pointing out injuries to people as they lay there?

#4117 9 years ago

We need something solid from John before the end of this month or a large portion of his current "investors" are gunna lose their minds (me included)

#4408 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Why do you care so much?

Good question PDX! Spill it Goat why are you here constantly stiring things up? It seems like you enjoy drama and want to keep people worked up. What your doing here is beyond unhelpful IMHO.

#4474 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

a) If you had any knowledge whatsoever you would know that you can't silence someone on an internet message board with "slander" accusations. Your semester at law school before realizing you couldn't hack it doesn't intimidate anyone, so you can probably stop trying to use it as an appeal to authority 30 years later.
b) Yes, if I were JPop I would want to post here - it's called client management and public relations.
c) Freedom of speech is a valid defense. We are all glad to hear your professional advice is to throw money at a frivolous lawsuit against somebody who offended you on the internet. I can see why you are so successful.

FFS just let it go man or go start a free speech thread, this shit is becoming white noise. I just want my F#cking game!

#4478 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I don't think his posts (or anyone else's) are going to make one bit of difference on whether or not you get your pin. They'll either be completed or they won't, and people acting like this thread would prevent it from happening are delirious.

Good grief! YK's post (or anyone else's in this thread) will not prevent mine or anyone else's games from being made. If you think I think that your delirious! This thread is one of the resorces where owners (and non owners) can exchange info about JPOP's games... Let's leave the purse fighting out of it.... That's all I was trying to say.

#4481 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Actually, that was my point. And yes, I would have to be delirious or at least drunk (I'm not BTW) to think the exact thing that I said was ridiculous in the first place. Buck up, fella. After reading the last couple pages, I'd be cautiously optimistic at this point, which is a far cry from the desperation I was reading about just a few weeks ago.

It's all good Honch... I am actually feeling cautiously optomistic at this point.

#4498 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I do want to say, in light of what is happening in the Predator thread, I am optimistic I may very well see a RAZA someday. It's "only" a money problem and time management problem for getting them out. Both can be solved, and hopefully someone like Ice can get John to change his MO.

Agreed thank god RAZA isn't a licensed theme... That's a headache we don't need!

#4871 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

**Content of post removed by mod**

Thread eject
Thank you Mods!

#4909 9 years ago

Aaron you sound like the right guy with the right skill set to help JPOP get this pin moving... I know this owner is happy you are involved!

1 week later
#5163 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just talked to John for 2 hours, very productive talk, I'll update after I have a few more conversations.
Going to do whatever it takes to work this out for everybody. He is obviously motivated.
Need to put a solution together that works for everybody so they get a pinball machine that has paid for one or partially paid for one across MG, RAZA and AIW.
The numbers have to work, period. Complain all you want but I'm gonna work to help get a deal done that may be not ideal but gets us pinball machines.
Hang in there.

Your the man Ice.. Thanks!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#5173 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just found out my nephew's buddy, a child that we all grew up with, coached CYO etc., , friends of the family for many years, with two other brothers, was just diagnosed with Stage 4 brain tumor.
18 yrs old, Texas Tech student, had headaches and dizziness, just found out this week.
Many tears have been shed today, I have three girls and don't even know what to say to the parents other than offer my support in whatever they need. I'll see him tomorrow.
Don't even know why I'm posting this other than just total depression about it.
Say a prayer and hug your kids every day.

Sorry man! I know how hard this can be, my wife was only 28 when she was first diagnosed with cancer. I rember feeling like I had been punched in the stomach when we got the news and that feeling didn't go away. Tell your friend don't ever lose faith miracles do happen.

Just thinking about all this puts the whole JPOP thing into perspective...."it's only pinball"

#5388 9 years ago

Just Day dreaming but imagine if John could just design games for someone like JJP... I think we would see some epic games!

#5442 9 years ago

Stern Predator LE sounds epic!

#5481 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The Pat Lawlor JJP game will probably be shown for the first time around expo (just taking a guess here, keefer), and THAT will be the big "creative" pinball everyone has been waiting for, that everyone will be able to own in the coming months after that.

Not sure about Pats game being ready that soon, JJP is already pushing twards 1/2 year late with Hobbit.

#5484 9 years ago

.image.jpgimage.jpg

#5619 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

I was outlining the general process.
There are two invoices that were not paid by Zidware. Meaning GLM upheld it's part of the process (as outlined), but Zidware didn't complete the final part (paying the invoice).

Curious what percent of the total contract did the 2 unpaid invoices represent?
50% paid 50% unpaid ect?

#5677 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I get the uncertainty and frustration with lack of communication. I was relaying general comments made to me, speaking as an individual and not as his lawyer/representative in these topics, without having gone thru the books or anything like Ice is proposing to do. Figuring maybe some indirect info was better than none. So, if that level of info is doing more harm than good, message received. I'll stop posting in JPOP threads/topics, period. it already seems like the best course of action from my personal perspective.
I. Will. Stop. Now.

Steven this owner appreciates what your trying to do! I hope you will reconsider and continue to participate in this thread.

#5742 9 years ago

He has no money left

Speculation, maybe true but a guess on your part.

#5888 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Its a spinning disc on a playfield, didnt whirlwind have that 25 years ago? What am i missing, the placement or the catchy name..

#5894 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The beginnings of something new in the Zombies blog as well. Look to the new page.
Much of nothin' so far but at least the link is opening.

Looks like the new RAZA blog is coming online tonight.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#5907 9 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

the idea of giving 8-9-10 grand for a pinball right now is stupid, for me. I could buy a motorcycle for my son to ride.

More stupid than putting your son on motorcycle?

#6175 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

It represents a portion of the money sent to JPOP years ago, with at this point no games in sight.

Let's ease back on the dramatics here! There are games in sight (see pic) there maybe no code in sight but there are games in sight.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6181 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Close up public pics of these would only help the guy..

Agreed!

#6278 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

One big difference is Kevin was able to show off a coded, working prototype pin and dragged it to multiple shows.
Yeah the art was pretty poor and there was no licence and a million other (negative) things could be said about Kevin... but how bad is the JPOP disaster when JPOP is not even able to show off a flippable whitewood aat this point? YEARS into the project(s).
As Stan Lee would say: 'nuff said.

Kevin is a proven thief & a liar who mislead Pinsiders and appears to have stolen their money, his game was a lie from day one. JPOP is slow and stubborn and he is pissing his reputation down the toilet, but at this point has not sunken to the lows that Kevin has.

John you can still right this ship and turn this into a story of redemption, but understand if you keep heading down the path your on you won't be able to show your face in the pinball community ever again! Not only because you will be ridiculed, but also for your own safety as some won't take kindly to the fact that you took their hard earned money and gave them nothing.

#6329 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Nice Doug. That phone will be disconnected by tomorrow from random Pinsiders abusing it. You just screwed those of us who needed it.

At this point it really doesn't matter John never answers it anyway.

JPOP... taking the fun out of pinball since 2012

#6405 9 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

PS - Also, how about none of you pre-order folks come back on Pinside whining about losing your money and basically asking for the larger community here to feel sorry for you and support you. Being selective in the information you decide to share is BS.

Did you just quote yourself??
Take a breath! Your the one "whining" if you don't like it then drain the thread!

#6531 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This account is Kaneda - ZidwarePR. Duplicate account. Not a rep of Zidware. Ignore him. Ban will be issued on both this and his other account when I get to my cpu.

Damn nice work Tiger!
image.jpgimage.jpg

#6557 9 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Kaneda REALLY WTF is going on here?
image.jpg

This thread has a fever and the only prescription in more Kaneda!

#6689 9 years ago

#6758 9 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

Just curious, how bad what the CV code prior to the home rom? I own a CV and have the recent home rom which is great but never played one with the old code. What was missing or incomplete?

I'm no expert but for me the big thing about the home ROM was the ability to skip thru the video modes (which are mind numbing)

#6849 9 years ago

It feels really great to be an "owner"
JPOP welcoming owners to Zidware.jpgJPOP welcoming owners to Zidware.jpg

#6859 9 years ago

I'm ok with 250 RAZA but I want a discount off the 10G price tag for the 3 year intrest free loan I gave to John.

#6927 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another problem for any "investor", no way they would allow one dollar to go towards refunds in the future and that would be a major problem because so many people want out.
What will have to happen is either 1) bankruptcy or 2) if a miracle "investor" comes through they would have to buy assets from Zidware and put them into another entity as some kind of "manufacturing partner" so the money loaned to finish the pins would stay intact.
Doesn't sound promising does it?

Or... 3) John gets mortgage on his house and puts some of his own skin in the game!

#6987 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I now envision him hunkered down in the Zidware Oval Office composing an enemy's list.

His owners are also making a list and he is moving up on it fast!

#6999 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's taken a salary, lived off of our money while time just slipped away. The lack of communication shows an utter disrespect for us, a total lack of character and self awareness
Pinball Jpop is finished it looks like. Nice legacy John, looks like you are following SkitB right out the back door

If John cant see this thing thru and deliver games guess who is gunna get a beat down???? Me... when my wife finds out I lost $4750.00 on a pinball machine my ass is grass! I think my pinball days will be over especially with all the medical bills we have been struggling to get paid lately. I cant wait to have this conversation... Hey honey I just lost a shitload of money on a pinball machine because I am a dumbass!

#7143 9 years ago

I posted this in the private facebook group:

I spent 90 min on the phone with John today and I must say I went from total despair to somewhat hopeful! I still think these games can be built, John is working on a few things and I felt good about our conversation. I told him the same thing everyone else has been telling him Communicate with your owners & show your work to all.... Now is the worst possible time to cut off communication! I think he gets it but we shall see.

EOM

#7155 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I think if he spent 90 minutes posting information on forums he'd be much better off, than spending 90 minutes with one person. I'm glad you feel hopeful, but it seems like a boat load of people have already given him the same advise, and he hasn't followed through. I hope I'm proven wrong, but so far the odds are in my favor.

Well I convinced him to get back on the owners blog and start posting again.. That's something!
He just posted an update and committed to 2 a week which is a heck of a lot more than what we had been getting.

#7220 9 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Hello all - I'm the artist on JPOPs 'recent' machines

Love your work!!

#7239 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm thinking you are Keneda

Actually I believe is "KAnada"

#7589 8 years ago

I just got an email from JPOP it sounds like he has a couple pinsiders there and they are "playing MG"... He said they are shooting video, hopefully it gets posted to to the blogs & Facebook soon.

#7591 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Whether he can prove there is a working game or not, what is the point? He doesn't have the money to manufacture everyone's games, correct? So until he can provide a solution for how he plans to deliver what he promised for the price paid, who cares? He has clearly mismanaged this from the start and anyone getting false hope from this might want to temper their excitement IMO.

Ok your right "what's the point" I won't post info in this thread anymore as it has clearly upset you! I will keep any new info on the private owners group.... After all its not like this is the "JPOP update thread"

#7647 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I played MG the last two days.
That wasn't a lie.

Quoted from frolic:

Posted 6 months ago:

What was the state of them "near complete" 6 months ago and how does that differ from today?
If they weren't "near complete" then, as opposed to being "near complete" this week, why tell us they were "near complete" 6 months ago?
6 months is a long time, that is 2,500+ man hours of work from jpop working 7x14.

Can we try not to shoot the messenger here guys.

#7659 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Shoot the messenger?
I can't think of a more relevant question to ask at this stage. That was not a personal shot at anyone, it was someone accurately pointing out that the more things change, the more they stay the same.
PDX was the same guy who said that three prototypes were close to completion 6 months ago. Now he says he played one over the last few days.
How is asking him to tell us what differences there are now vs six months ago "shooting the messenger"??
You don't want to know the answer to that question as an owner?

Well Rob here is how I see it, everyone one on this thread is slamming their fists on the table for more info (most are not owners) and anytime someone tries to post anything they are met with what I got 2 days ago...

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just got an email from JPOP it sounds like he has a couple pinsiders there and they are "playing MG"... He said they are shooting video, hopefully it gets posted to the blogs & Facebook soon.

Quoted from PinChili:

Whether he can prove there is a working game or not, what is the point? He doesn't have the money to manufacture everyone's games, correct? So until he can provide a solution for how he plans to deliver what he promised for the price paid, who cares? He has clearly mismanaged this from the start and anyone getting false hope from this might want to temper their excitement IMO. Albeit I agree it would be nice to at least see video of how Magic Girl came together.

PDX tried to give his best assessment of what he saw at the time he saw it. Frolic is an "owner" and at anytime can fly to JPOP's shop like PDX did and demand answers to the questions he asking... Should Frolic have to do that HELL NO! but it is what it is at this point. All this is JMHO so go ahead and feel free to hit me with more thumbs down if it makes you feel better.

#7661 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

You're dragging me into this again?? It was ONE comment meant more for JPop than yourself (or anyone else) and you want to continue to blow it out of proportion? Get over it.

Sorry PinChili! Its all good man, I was just making a point and I have to swing for the bleachers when dealing with Rob because he is a hell of a lot smarter than me (not joking) and he argues with people for a living.

#7675 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think you misinterpreted Frolic's post, as I don't think it was shooting the messenger

Rob you are right, that wasn't a fair comment by me to Frolics post. Frolic from one frustrated "owner" to another sorry man! The last thing I ever want to see or cause is good people here turning on each other.

#7888 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In hindsight, we handled John with kid gloves until the walls came crashing down at Expo.
I/we should have been all over him 2 years ago when it was clear things were going off the rails at a high speed. We allowed him to perpetuate whatever it is for 2 more years without doing anything, while he collected more $$$ from buyers, and introducing new titles like AIW."

^This^

#8006 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

When is the last time anyone has seriously spoken to John, or got an email response? ...

Me.. 5 minutes ago, I told him to get on the blog and answer his customers question. John said he would, we shall see

#8015 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Can you enlighten us with a little bit more of the conversation?

I read Chris (cointaker) post on the blog and then snapped a screen shot of the post and emailed it to JPOP and told him he needed to get his ass onto the blog and talk to his owners and address questions. John emailed me back within 5 min and said "Ok!!"

The Blog post that Chris made deserves answers!

#8092 8 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Mods please retire my account.

What's going on Tracelifter why retire yourself?

#8123 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

For those wondering, nothing new on the blog since the Cointaker post. No responses or further updates since.

Posted April 21, 2015.

Frolic I'm at loss for what to do next I think we are F#cked!

#8125 8 years ago

He said he would respond but didn't specify if it would be on the blog or by call or email to Chris.
Chris if you are out there did JPOP contact you?

#8143 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think we've been F'd for at least a year now.
Out of curiousity, what in the world was so positive about your phone call with John that you were hopeful again just 2 weeks ago?

Well I wouldn't say it was "so positive" it was a ray of hope...

Here is a cut from the post you are referring to...

"I spent 90 min on the phone with John today and I must say I went from total despair to somewhat hopeful!"

Maybe JPOP will pull a rabbit out of his hat, but at this point I am weary of the whole situation.

#8166 8 years ago

Any accountants, tax lawyers ect want to take one more look to see if it would be possible for us "owners" to write any of the losses off on taxes next year (long shot I know)

#8256 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's something to consider - maybe the best "least worst" option with Zidware is he ditches 2 games and rolls everyone into whatever game is most finished?
All other problem aside, software is the deal-breaker in this scenario. Even assuming final hardware, you're talking 80k for a programmer to spend a year making a game people want to play. TIMES THREE GAMES. (and that's not even considering art / sound / dots)
"Oh but someone will program because they love pinball". BS. As the world's leading authority in Hobbies Becoming Jobs, no matter how much you love something, if it consumes a disproportionate amount of your time, you're going to want cash for it to make it worth your while.
What probably happens with John, is he finds somebody willing to code "for the experience" (free) But when that person realizes the soul-sucking hell that coding really is, they ask for money, and that's when John balks. (see also: other Zidware jobs)
If he was just making ONE game (which should have been his goal originally) these one-time costs would be lower. Instead of finding coding/art for RAZA and AIW, he just needs it for MG.
RAZA/AIW buyers get MG instead of nothing.
Could that be an acceptable solution?

I had mentioned this idea to John a couple weeks ago and it sounds like he has/is at least considering this option. I like the idea as MG is closest to being done, put RAZA & AIW on the shelf for now and everyone gets MG for $10k then refund the original 17 owners so that they get there games for 10k as well.

#8455 8 years ago

New facebook post from JPOP:
image.jpgimage.jpg

#8459 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yay! So who's coding it, who's building it, when do they ship?

At this point I would be happy if JPOP sent me all the parts! I will build the game myself and then I will find someone to code the damned thing.

#8467 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I don't think a single software developer or vendor who is aware of what has gone on, will do any work for him without payment

So your telling me there is a chance?

#8481 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

While I might be off by my low-ball pricing of a few bucks per ramp (it would be if you had your own vacuum forming machine, but clearly the budget doesnt' allow when it was spent on an internal CNC and laser engraver), let's say even $20 each (most ramps are $80 because of R&D, scrap rate, etc)...
I CANNOT believe he milled permanent tooling out of ALUMINUM for TWENTY machines!! I've worked at multiple companies that prototype 100 clamshells from a CNC'd wood positive (hand sanded / polished) for the pilot run before they go into full blown tooling (which JPOP should never be doing).
ohgeez-1.gif~c200.gif
Crap, just ask Josh how he vacuum formed the bowl for his casino game, guarantee it wasn't machined aluminum.

I think the plan is a lot more than 20 machines (MG).

Disclaimer: I don't know Sh!t

#8642 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

(so I'm basically saying all the RAZA art would need to be redone)

More art redo's?? Nooooooooooooo!

#8686 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had he just hustled and gotten Magic Girl done a year ago, he could have crowd funded what he needs to continue operations.
But I guess that lack of business savvy is why he's here in the first place.

Yep! Trying to work on 3 games (4 if you include Kiss) instead of just finishing one.

#8943 8 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

Forget about using a socket wrench to get your legs on and off.

Ok seriously this is getting petty! Who gives a F$&k if you can't use a socket wrench to tighten the legs. As for things to slam JPOP about this doesn't even make the top 1000 list IMHO!

#9065 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Where's the other Oregonian with his, "only up from here" mantra.

To whom are you referring?

#9075 8 years ago

Speaking of "great harm" I can't wait to tell my wife about this situation (I'm toast) it's been nice knowing you guys

#9275 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

No way I'm signing that letter. By reconfirming for RAZA, I would be giving them the right to change the price and make a "CONVERSION" script offer??? I DON'T THINK SO.
If I reconfirm for RAZA, I am signing that I agree to "Prices and credits yet to be determined"???

This bugs the crap out of me! So if I sign i may end up getting 1 for 2 "zidware credits" (1/2 value) towards the RAZA that I originally ordered? They need to rewrite that letter to specify if I wait for the game I originally ordered that I will get it for the original price and I won't have my deposit converted to a 1 for 2 scenario!

#9284 8 years ago

IMHO JPOP's agreement is only going to be backed by paid in full MG owners. I don't see much there for us RAZA & AIW guys.... Unless I am missing something?

#9342 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I thought this bit was interesting (hat tip Nate!) in the actual order letter, not the first letter:
"Yes, I would like to convert my order(s) for RAZA and/or AIW to a Magic GirlTM–Classic, at a price range of (USD $9,995 to $11,995). My deposit(s) to Zidware will be converted 1:2 into a Magic GirlTM–Classic."
Note the 1:2 part. Looks like they were hoping to incentivize RAZA and AIW buyers

Maybe I read this wrong but I thought he was offering RAZA buyers 1/2 value on their deposit twards Magic Girl Classic?

#10904 8 years ago

This thread makes me like pinball less

#10975 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

A. John is likely not to show up at any show, for fear he'll be beat up

#10993 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Just a suggestion; if you are able to produce these machines they need a bash jpop target. That would be a good stress reliever after this mess.

Or maybe a whack-a-Pop (a JPOP)

#11062 8 years ago

#11350 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

There have been numerous posts in this thread regarding deeproot®, its business model, operations, funding (or supposed lack thereof), and/or financials. None of these posts are correct. None of the posters have any connection with deeproot®, any knowledge thereof, and are making assertions that are defamatory and false. deeprooAgain thanks so much for what you are doing! and deeproot® alone has the ability and sole legal right to make assertions of fact on its behalf. Other than the posts made herein by this account (deeproot), we do not choose to do so at this time. Regards,
RJM dT/dP

Hmmmm

Concretehardt®

#11591 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Thanks Avatar won't engage with this stuff, however will have sunk over 100k in resources to get this thing finished and too the NW show. I said it's everyone's who have lost to Zidware...or donate to Vegas for all to see I don't mind, not my decision. This is worst case scenario, best is we get produced and filter profits back to help get everyone whole with a machine that Zidware should have gotten to us in the first place. Not looking for accolades just giving something back to what has made me happy most my life...pinball. Appreciate all those brothers who have stepped up as well we have some amazing people in this community and it wont be over shadowed by the few who have given it a black eye. All we can do is our best.

Bill, thank you for your efforts!

#11630 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Anyone who cares about pinball has skin in the game. Too many bad things happening to the hobby lately.

I have hard earned cash in the "game" here and you have?? Your coming to the defense of the "hobby"... Kinda late for that now IMHO.
Myself as an "owner" (of JPOP VAPORWARE) would prefer that Bill doesn't get run off by people defending the "hobby" but not actually in on any on these games. Before pintasia/Bill we had a Popsicles chance in hell of getting anything from JPOP in court or otherwise... Now at least there is a sliver of hope, give the man a few days for Christ sakes!

#11632 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually what is getting old is the fact that so much energy is being put into getting a single game ready for NW (a game that was supposedly flippable 2 years ago!!!) and yet there is no time to answer a few VERY simple questions!
2 hours on pinside and he could answer every single question posed.
An efficient way to do this would be to ask the mods to start an "ask Pintasia" thread and moderate it. 2 dyas of asking questions and then 2hours to answer them all. BAM, done!
The priority to spend all time getting a flippable game to NW is very telling of where the priorities are aligned and to me make the intent less than transparent.

Ironic that anyone suggesting something like this on the predator thread a few months ago would of been lit on fire by you.

#11635 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup and I was completely wrong.
I am seeing almost the exact same signs that I missed back then. At least I learn form my mistakes I guess

I respect that!

#11892 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Would you believe me if I told you a production company came out (over a year ago)and shot a sizzle reel at John's for that very thing? I came out for it...And now I'll exit with 'Come to the Magic Girl Area of NW Pinball Show and I'll tell you more!'

I sure hope I don't have to wait in line for 2 hours to play 1 ball on MG at the show do people with "zidware credits" (like me) get fast passes to play her?

#11902 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

If someone is playing when you arrive I will have security remove them with embarrassing spectacle and force.

Your the man Yeti

#11919 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'd like to chime in here on this front as well. I may have been one of the first people to get "the Pinside treatment" for being skeptical of this deal. It's why I left and stopped hanging out for probably two years or so.
Let's reiterate the fundamental reality of the situation:
1. There is no money to make this game. This game cannot be made, profitably, by anyone. Unless Pintasia is going to pledge that they're going to spend 7 figures to do this, there is absolutely no reason to get excited. Seeing a flipping prototype doesn't mean in any way, customers are even remotely close to ever getting their own games. But customers are being told to "wait and see" as if the outcome of that proto is going to magically solve the huge problem of there being no money and no means to make the game. It won't.
2. I don't really see any "haters" here. Just because we're being cynical, skeptical or critical, doesn't mean we want people to fail. It's really tiring to see the "victim card" being played when it's not appropriate.
3. The reason people are on Pintasia's case is SIMPLE. The Pintasia people ARE NOT BEING STRAIGHT WITH THE PINBALL COMMUNITY. Period. These guys have been asked numerous times what kind of deal they made with Zidware/JPop to become "licensee" and they refuse to answer this basic question. There is zero reason for anybody to trust them until they see exactly what kind of legal relationship they have with the company that has allegedly ripped off 100+ customers.
People are going to keep asking: "What are the terms of the Pintasia/Zidware licensing deal." And every day that this critical question is ignored, peoples distrust increases.

The Pintasia team/Bill have not asked for any money, so at this point what the hell difference does it make for the "owners" who were going to be splitting pennies on the dollar after a Zidware bankruptcy to wait to see if a solid plan can be put together. Hell at least we will get to see/play the damn game if nothing else.

#12021 8 years ago
Quoted from gcp:

wcbrandes I am not a Zidware customer. Based on recent events I am unlikely to become a Pintasia customer in the future.

#12028 8 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

After Predator I don't think you can begrudge people for at least TRYING to do some "due diligence".

By people do you mean non customers who have no money on the line? If some of you are trying to run Bill off your doing a great job of it! Those of us who have been scammed by JPOP have already lost our money IMHO Bill is our last hope of getting something more than nothing. As an "owner" I feel I have nothing to lose and everything to gain if Bill can pull this off.

Just to recap... the money is already lost, JPOP pissed it down the drain! Without Bill its game over (no pun intended)

#12037 8 years ago

Guys my own stupidity got me into this mess with JPOP, I believed in him and he lied to me. I know we all try to watch out for each other and I appriciate that! Let's see how this plays out with Bill, I will be heading to the Nwest show next week to see & play MG... I hope to see some of you there.

#12140 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ha!? Ben is right! the cabinet does not fit a regular station wagon! lol!!

Way down the list of issues for me... I have a pick up truck

#12450 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

From my frequent visits, not a lot. A small 3d printer,an iMac, lots of nuts, bolts, wirenuts, wire spools, LEDs, and a few empty cabinets. Maybe 4 or 5 prototype play fields. Otherwise, it's all printouts. I'm afraid he doesn't appear to have much asset wise...

Does he have a house, cars or retirement fund? Until every last person has been made whole all those items need to be on the table for liquidation!

#12746 8 years ago

I remember the first time I saw this video, I was hooked! What a sucker I am
https://www.youtube.com/embed/WcLNGMpUP3g?autoplay=1&rel=0

#12787 8 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

LMAO!
Ice is good people. I look forward to running into (or stumbling) him for a beer at expo.

Yep, Ice is a solid dude! He is on my top 10 list of people on this site that I would like to hang out with in person.

#12849 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Unfortunately in all of this, and personal circumstances beyond my control, I won't be riding or attending NW afterall. It saddens me because I wanted to see MG just once in a working form and buy Bill & anyone involved a few rounds of drinks.
Argue that it was futile all you want - but at least someone tried. It definitely wasn't John.

Bummer! I was really looking forward to meeting you

#12852 8 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

John will go back to tinkering in the laboratory "for the love of pinball." He will continue to defend his actions and will blame the community for how they have hurt him. It's really a sad situation.

John hasn't even begun to feel the hurt from this community!

#12859 8 years ago

Come on John get it together!

#13016 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Sold out already.
I told you we would buy it.
Zombieyeti you better stick around and sell your stuff. You've become one with the Pinside now, resistance is futile.

Whew that was close I got one and as soon as I paid they were sold out

#13069 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

F#cking EPIC!!

#13070 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think this Hitler video will be seen by more people than the other pinball Hitler videos simply because it was posted by Ben. Lots of subscribers to his YouTube channel!

I want to send it to JPOP!

#13106 8 years ago

I am definetly in for a BHZA limited print.

#13108 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Is this strictly a civil case? I'm curious why there is no discussion of fraud or criminal charges? My first response had I been in this situation would be to contact the local AG and file some kind of fraud complaint.

I did that 2 months ago.

#13134 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

For those of you haven't read about it yet, several Predator pre-orderers appear to be receiving refunds to their paypal accounts. Prior to this, some were successful with charge-backs through their credit cards, but now it appears that Skit-B is actually processing the refunds. Fingers crossed everyone gets made whole, and though it's not related to jpop, maybe there's still hope of people getting some money back.

OT: Are you sure Kevin has anything to do with these refunds?

Quoted from PACMAN:

Just talked to the attorney. To be clear, Kevin and his attorney have NOTHING to do with the Paypal refunds showing up. Kevin has NO intention of issuing refunds, he is still intending to build the machines as soon as his attorney navigates through all the legalities which his attorney said will take 30-60 days. His attorney has no idea why a few people have received Paypal notices. In fact he said Paypal isn't cooperating at all. Paypal must be getting pressure from somewhere else.

#13149 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

grrr me angry at pinballs now!.jpg

Dude hate the player (JPOP) not the game

#13207 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Monkey just drove 30 hours nonstop - cut him a little slack for grainy pics - my guess is he sees everything right now through that grainy lens

X 2 guys cut PDX a little slack, he busted his ass to get this game to the show!

#13216 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm still super pissed with John. I see a paper magnet placeholder, I'm sure one of many, so the game is no where near complete, even if it has nice new ramps (no thanks to John for those). Just reinforces the lies and deception we've been living with.
I wish John would come clean about everything, how it went so badly, so delayed, so much money spent for so little. I'd just like some answers and it is infuriating that those answers will not be coming.

John has no answers I want to hear, he is a liar so any answers he would give are just more lies. JPOP needs to let his actions do the talking because the rest is bullshit...
Action item #1 pay your vendors
Action item #2 refund all of your customers
Action item #3 FTI (fade to irrelevance)

#13266 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Haha... come on, despite all the internet tough guys on pinside, even if JPop himself showed up the worst he would get is some overly polite complaining. Nobody is going to vandalize the game or cause Bill and his company any trouble.

He might get a wedgie from me... Mods if pulling a mans super band waist band over his head is a violation of Pinside rules please forgive me.

Wedgie.jpgWedgie.jpg

#13333 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I heard first 100 customers of MG get a clown nose and rainbow clown wig:
clown-nose.jpg

Oh cool! are you donating these from your personal stash?

#13446 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Pinball Circus cost $1.5 Million to prototype in 1993 dollars - that would be $2.4 Million today.

Vid you are a walking pinball encyclopedia my man!

#13534 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Does anyone really think there are 149 people who are going to pay $16k for this game? I watched the video, it really wasn't enough to make any judgement, but let's just assume it's a cool pin. We're still talking sixteen thousand dollars, for something that's less limited than America's Most Haunted, which is ten thousand dollars less. The numbers just aren't there.

If it was the the same price as RAZA ($9995) and shoots good with under 200 production I think the would sell... JMHO

#13686 8 years ago

We just got updated code over nited from JPOP... Installing now image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#13847 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? Because every shot I've seen so far has the ramps blocking part of the screen. The scoring seems to be put into a "virtual DMD" in the center to alleviate that.
That includes the one above. But I'd love to hear first hand reports on it.

First let me say that the game is stunningly beautiful! As for the screen placement, I played it and the ramps were not obstructing the display.

Disclaimer... I am 6' 1" so I can speak to what a 5 foot tall player would see.

#13858 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You can bend your knee's a bit when playing..

I should have tried that, but I will say that I was pleasantly suprised with how well I could see the display. From the pics I had seen I thought it was gunna be totally obstructed.

Huge Kudos to PDX, Acejedi, Bill, Markmon, Pinpimp and all the others who helped out to get this game to the show.... Good or bad this is pinball history being made here.

#13893 8 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

I'm a little confused about the playfield cover, from the HD videos that I saw, so hopefully someone that saw the pin can answer a few questions.
The playfield cover appeared to negatively impact ball movement -- made it appear more floaty and visibly changed the ball direction a few times -- so I am curious as to why Popadiuk or the show prep team decided to use it?
Is the playfield cover just clear poly, simply to protect ZombieYeti's artwork, or does it contain the artwork itself?

The playfield cover contained the artwork.

#13929 8 years ago

Enough guys! The situation is bad enough here without us turning on each other.

#14021 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hope this leads to exploring bringing RAZA into production over MG. When you think about it, RAZA could possibly be saved and the mess called Magic Girl can die. Seems the game is a convoluted mess that may take more work to complete with all the magnets etc. It may be more feasible to focus on RAZA as it may be much more cost effective to produce.

Or AIW

#14044 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I don't have time to sift through the last ten pages, but did anybody notice what appears to be giant air bubbles underneath the Mylar? The ball looked like it was moving in a "lumpy" fashion around the center area. Similar to flattening air bubbles in a phone screen protector.

Yes! If you wanna know why... See the last 10 pages

#14096 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I thought The Hobbit was the best pin at the show. Even better than WOZ right next to it.

OT: Really? Hobbit was MEH in my opinion, I had more fun playing KISS... Jmho

#14400 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

All this and no one has located JPoop and beat the living shit out of him? I find that amazing. Im thinking there should be someone named Vinnie looking to break his legs.

I don't want to hurt john physically, but I would like him to mortgage his house, liquidate his retirement and get a real job (or 2) and payback every dime he screwed people out of.

#14568 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Sad but inevitable news. Kudos to Bill for trying.
The next legal hearing (to add new plaintiffs to the existing complaint) is now set for 18th June (no longer the 12th). I understand there are a sizable number of potential plaintiffs who haven't returned paperwork or paid the $500, presumably waiting for Pintasia to make an announcement +/- for the 30th deadline. Well, I assume they will be joining the case now!
In terms of fully paid up, signed up plaintiffs there are currently five, including me (Zamost pulled out after Bill contacted him, but I guess may rejoin now). So the legal case is gathering momentum, and Bill's announcement makes it a no-brainer now...

Is there any point to joining this lawsuit now and paying the $500 + 25% of whatever is recouped to the lawyer? Once JPOP files for bankruptcy don't we all just get in line for whatever scraps are left?

#14643 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I agree but I think what Sean was saying is why should he or any one else join the lawsuit? As long as there are several already doing this John is not getting away with it. He's going to have to face the music. So what 's the benefit in having another few or another dozen or several dozen more join the lawsuit? I know the lawyer would like that but what's the point?

Yep that's exacly my thought process at this point.

#14649 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hey Sean, Teekee isn't as dumb as he looks
I wouldn't waste any more money

Well Ice unfortunately for me I am the dummy here.. for ever putting faith and trust in JPOP I have no more money to throw at this. It's been a rough year and this is the icing on the cake I guess. My hope is that maybe some of the vendors will get something out of the bankruptcy. My payment has already been recieved in the form of a very painful lesson.

#14686 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ironically, one of the reasons that I got in on BHZA when it was first launched was, in a funny sort of way, because of the NDA.
I figured "holy shit, you mean I have to sign an NDA to be part of this project? That must mean that I am going to see some cool-ass shit along the way. It might take awhile, but at least the ride will be cool, seeing all this new shit that JPop is going to come up with!"
lol
So one of the reasons I decided to get out and get a refund is that it because obvious that we, as owners, weren't really going to be seeing much of anything, and the NDA was a complete joke.

Rob you my friend were the one guy who cautioned me about jumping into this mess a couple of years ago. I was offered a spot for RAZA by JPOP in 2013 so I reached out to a few current owners and some who used to be owners. For the record my decision to jump in is on me, it was my call, it was a bad one and I will own it.

Rob I should of listened to you!

#14945 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

As for the lawsuits. I guess I've just seen way too many people throw good money after bad.
I did it once in litigation and I see the agony in my clients that go through it, the money and added grief usually isn't worth it. Maybe this time it will be.

Im not interested in a lawsuit as I feel all the money is gone, but there are rumblings of criminal charges brewing. JPOP may be losing more than Zidware here, he could find himself in prison depending on what gets unearthed in this investigation.

#14980 8 years ago

I think John left a way bigger paper trail than Kevin did (contracts ect) also couldnt this be considered a Ponzi scheme?

Disclaimer: I'm a concrete guy not a lawyer

#15540 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

I dunno.. I think he really is just that dumb. Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity as they say.

JPOP is using the "I'm just a caveman, your world frightens and confuses me" defense.... Im sorry but his whole "I'm just a bad buisness man who is trying to move pinball forward" is bullshit! Go back and look at all the evidence, John was very premeditated.. He is a liar and a fraud!
https://screen.yahoo.com/unfrozen-cave-man-lawyer-2-223434949.html

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15577 8 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

It would be years before John decides to go into voluntary bankruptcy, if ever.

This is what i am starting to think ^ JPOP is in denial my guess is that he won't BK until he has no other choice... The guy still seems to think he is gunna build games. Maybe John and Kevin could combine forces... Skit B/Zidware = SKITWARE??

#15760 8 years ago

John was still collecting money across state lines for games he new would never be made!
How is that not a crime?

#15847 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

1) The common thing is you see me debunking

Well it appears that you have yourself convinced.
I think the problem for many here is that you are a huge fan of your own oppinions (and you tend to repeat them a lot)... Kind of reminds me of this scene from planes trains and automobiles

#15921 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Amen, same shit, different day here.
Just stopping by to see nothing has changed

Hi Ice,
It has been 7 days since your last post here, as host of this thread we need you in here at least 3 times per week

#16041 8 years ago

Yep JPOP told me check only, no pay pal or CC... Looking back now all i can think is what the hell was i thinking!?

#16056 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Chris, I gave you a thumbs up for your post, but I strongly recommend that you delete the above portion.
You guys who are in on the lawsuit should not be discussing much about the case online at all, but especially with regard to anything discussed between you and your attorney. It could be considered a waiver of the attorney-client privilege, and even if not, could be used against you in some way.

Pinballs you also might want to edit your post to remove the quote from Chris as we should probably assume johns Lawyer (that we owners are paying for) is reading this thread.

#16058 8 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I took care of it.

Thanks Gweem!

#16071 8 years ago

#16114 8 years ago

Anyone remember this little guy? Maybe someone could rework it to say something like "Hey John don't STEAL my stuff...!! MAKE some freaking games man!"

image.jpgimage.jpg

#16117 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Wasn't that over the Metallica hammer? This really needs to be edited and put on Cafe Press.

Yes John got mad at Stern for "pinching" his vanishing ball magnet trick.

#16145 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Wouldn't that be something if he pulled a "MAD Amusements" and kept the money but didn't deliver anything?

Zero chance of that, Jeremy is a solid dude!

#16235 8 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hey Ben, what ever happened to the glue gun idea in the game.... seems that got lost along the way. I'd be interested to be reminded how it fit in the game to begin with.
ben.jpg

Yea what's up with that glue gun... Bad ass Ben Heck! (I want this game)
image.jpgimage.jpg

#16259 8 years ago

Jack's assessment of the JPOP situation is wrong on many levels. I'm not going to waste my time and pick apart his post here (it would take too long) Sorry Jack I think your a decent guy but you visited his shop the rest of us have been on a multi year ride from hell filled with lies & broken promises.

#16271 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I swear, the more I sit here thinking about that post from Jack, the more it pisses me off.

Same here!!! Jack if that's the way you feel about customers who buy games and trust people like you enough to pay for those games years before they are ready to ship then you won't ever see another dime from me!

#16311 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I just read the whole letter, he's blaming negative posts for John's failure. Not blaming John who made promise after promise, who brought empty cabinets to Expo and instead of saying he was embarrassed by his lack of progress, John instead picks apart the other botique manufactures cabinet vents.

Yea I remember reading this blog post and thinking... You have got to be shitting me John! You offerd to "consult other boutique manufacturers because you have time"?...I was so pissed when I read that post I couldn't see straight

#16327 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Sorry for being clueless. Where is the letter? Not in a pinside post from JerseyJack, right?

Here is the letter from Jersey Jack for those that missed it:

JPOP Thoughts
19 Jun
Jersey Jack
"My personal opinions:
This is the JJP Forum but there is obvious spillover as it's all Pinball.
JJP was able to start because you, the loyal customer base of PBSC believed first in me and then in the Team and in what we were doing. You bought into a dream, an idea, a hope and ultimately a game(s).
The Pre-Pay crowd-funded model seemed good. Get money, build games. We all know that road was and is littered with land mines and huge chasms. Not everyone can navigate them and yes the Journey is The Reward and all that.
We have learned a lot and we have much to still learn. This is a marathon and not a sprint and it's not for everyone, obviously.
About six weeks ago at his invitation I visited JPOP at his studio. I don't know John. I've never said more than a few words at shows where I saw him. I like the games he has designed and like everything in this industry, it has many stories and many twists and turns.
When I was there I was impressed at what I saw. Though I felt a bit blinded by what appeared to be a "game" Magic Girl was to me, a "Box of Lights" and I mean that in a very respectful way. I myself had paraded a box of lights around in June of 2012 at E3 and NW Pinball but that was a different kinder and gentler time when hope sprung eternal.
Still John had MG in some place where it could be a game if the right amount of time, expertise, money and magic was applied, this could be a good game perhaps. But it was not ready to be played, shot on or shown as a near finished product.
My friend Bill called me to discuss his best efforts to revive or to save this dream that John had. Bill is a wonderfully hopeful guy that had every good intention. In the process he subjected himself to public ridicule, humiliation, scrutiny and all at the cost of over $100,000 to his wallet. His associate was likewise skewered in public by the angry mob and even the few hopeful, hapless know it all armchair experts that do nothing and have never done anything worthwhile.
It made for great drama and great reading on the forum. After all bad news sells newspapers and good news, well.... zzzzzzz. So, Bill went on his Mission which became Mission Impossible. Nobody can step into this fray or in front of a moving train and survive.
I read most of the posts and I spent some hours talking with John. Is he a genius or a moron? Is he a diabolical thief or a bad businessman? Did he intend to defraud or was it a bad plan of events? He knows and he must look himself in the mirror. I believe he is a good designer and a bad businessman. I do not believe his intent was ever anything other than to deliver the best most innovative game he could design. The guy redesigned leg bolts! I mean who makes PC boards Purple? Waste of money or Passion??
He got way ahead of himself. I asked him - John - If you had a house with ten rooms and enough paint to finish one room, why would you try and paint all ten rooms? He did Magic Girl, Zombie, Kiss, Alice...what else.....years of passion, blood, sweat and tears of his life to do this. Pinball is (or was) John's life. He did it for you, those who believed in him. He did not intend this to happen, it happened because of poor planning, because of negative posts cutting off and panicking his buyers. Because he was too secretive and not communicating in a broad sense....who knows - all of this is my guess...I don't have the facts of the financial or anything else. It's just what it appears to me personally and not commentary on behalf of JJP.
John is a mere Mortal like all of us. He is flesh and blood and has feelings. He has a wife and kids and they have feelings too. Those who "invested" in him - well - you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright. It was used to fund a startup, most all of which fail in the first formative years as perhaps John's may have.
You already have received your pound of flesh and if you truly cared about Pinball all of you would have rallied as a group to help the poor guy figure out what he has and what could be saved if it was possible. Instead, the lynch mob storms the castle with pitchforks and torches. Hang the guy, so what satisfaction is that. He did his best and maybe his best was not good enough but it was his best. Done.
Next, who knows what happens, that's a legal thing. Sue him or not. Forgive and forget or hold a grudge and let it consume you. Live and Let Live.
The guy and his family have suffered enough, really, he has. He is out of Pinball. Aside from his family that was the thing in life he loved most. Bigger things have failed and smarter better funded people have failed. John is not a failure, his company is a failure.
I feel bad for the people who lost money and I feel bad for John and especially feel bad for Pinball in general."

#16370 8 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

. But JPOP never told the fucking truth and kept luring in customers long after he KNEW no machines would be ever made. Thats not a startup, thats an asshole ripping people off. .

Hard to argue with you on that point.

#16424 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

You have a valid point but if I play the Devils Advocate a parent shouldn't spend $16,000 on a speculative "investment" if they can't afford to lose the money without creating hardship on their family.

Years have passed, some people's financial situations have changed in that time.

#16500 8 years ago

#16740 8 years ago

I just spoke with Zane Smith and posted a quick update on the Facebook group. Zane will be sending an official update out later today.

#16745 8 years ago

Update recieved from Zane check your email.

#16762 8 years ago

The other day I posted a repost of fantasy goats post which I believe was taken from the JJP forum (jacks comments on JPOP) note I did not take that post from JJP's forum and post it here, I simply reposted/quoted a post from fantasygoat on this thread from the day before.... below was a portion of the repost of fantasygoats post:

Quoted from jwilson:

Comments from Jersey Jack on this whole thing:

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Here is the letter from Jersey Jack for those that missed it:
JPOP Thoughts

My punishment from Jack for reposting a post that was already on this thread was that I was promptly kicked off of the JJP forum. My account and login are no longer valid as of the day of my above post (repost).
Hey jack I'm Not the one who pulled that info here from your site, I am (was) a customer of yours. I waited for a long time for my WOZ and then went thru issues with the game when I got it, but was always a strong supporter of you. To me you have shown your true colors by banning me from your site for a post that was made HERE and that I was simply reposting/quoting. I have cancelled my Hobbit order and won't be buying a game from you now or ever again! On a side note if you don't want poorly thought out posts you have made to be reposted elsewhere... then don't post poorly thought out stuff on the internet!
You sir have lost a good customer who believed in you enough to give you money years in advance for your games.

Below is a pic of the first and last JJP game I will ever buy!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
360 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Concretehardt. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.