(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisVW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

322 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ChrisVW. You are on page 1 of 2.
#108 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

jpop is used to working in secrecy from his time at WMS. The owners blog is his compromise to let the people with some money invested know something about what is happening, but I understand his desire to just work in secret..

I just wish there were more details on the blog, there are almost no actual details and I'm an owner. The big secret is that there is no big secret. Everytime someone asks to show something it's met with "will show this later" or "waiting for the patent" because "this will get pinched".... I really don't understand why I signed an NDA because I can't really think of anything that I know to disclose. All the known info is already public knowledge (LCD, great art already posted to FB) any other info or specifics like shipping info, production status or who is involved in what fashion isn't on the blog.

There is definitely a game being developed and the art will be nice, I'm sure of it, but that's all I know and it's a little disappointing that I bought into the premise of a shared development experience.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Well you should know from the blog what the cabinet looks like, the basics of the sound system, who is doing the music and sfx, color proofs of the playfield, several of the toys he's working on, the lcd in attract mode, the wood and clear coat he's going with for the playfield, and all the testing he has done for the lighting.
That's just off the top of my head.
As for production status and shipping info, I think you might be getting a little ahead of yourself there. It's gonna be a while before we cross that bridge.
I'm not sure what more you are expecting besides having the finished pin in your possession.

My mistake in not being specific, I was referring to MG not RAZA. The RAZA blog is updated once or twice a week and usually has color proofs or at least some PF shots or cabinet art concepts etc..and a more lively comment forum. We know much more about RAZA than MG and have no complaints about that game so far (other than timeliness and the encroaching "other themes" possibly overshadowing the main theme).

MG...never seen the back glass, never more than a 6-10" area of the PF in a single shot, not more than half of 1 side of the cab, little in the way of proofs, I couldn't tell you a single toy on the game or what the ramps look like or how many of them, or the lighting system details, or if neon is in the game or a single rule or sound or programmer or artist etc...

1 month later
#167 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

This week marks the three year anniversary of its announcement.

It never even occurred to me that it would take this long. I was thinking maybe 6 months after the payment schedule was completed (the original timeline) games would be shipping. That was 2 years ago...

Here we are 3 years later...

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So now that it's 3 years later - does anyone know who's animating for the LCD, programming, doing the music/sound?

Or if playfield/cab art is final.
Or when the proto(s) will be finished.
Or when production will begin.
Or when games will be shipped.

I just want a date, no ones looking to hold Johns feet to the fire but when a date comes and goes and two years go by it gets a little worrying, discouraging and frankly I'm losing interest. I don't get the impression the project is a priority anymore.

1 month later
#219 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If I were still in on RAZA, at this point I would be asking for some very specific answers with regard to a timeline/estimate as to when the pin will be done and ready to ship.

That doesn't work, I've tried to ask as we roll into year 4. Now I have a fancy red "User cannot create comments" error.

1 month later
#279 9 years ago

John just posted this to twitter!

unloaded at expo!

B0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpgB0FRra1IEAA5JdI.jpg
#281 9 years ago
Michael_Jackson_popcorn[1].gifMichael_Jackson_popcorn[1].gif
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That has got to be very disappointing to anybody invested in this project.

Extremely.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

What's the deal with the plexiglass porthole on the right side?

That's probably my favorite part of the cabinet. If you think about it for a minute I'm sure you can figure it out...

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He will deliver, I've seen enough of MG, if the MG guys were to say they are disappointed id like to hear it.

I'm disappointed he didn't bring it. And if he did bring it, I'm disappointed he hasn't shown it. I'm disappointed there has been zero communication on the owners blog in the last 5 weeks. I'm disappointed that when I try to post on the blog I get an error saying that comments are not allowed from me. I'm disappointed at the disproportionate amount of time spent on other projects while MG waits. I'm disappointed at the lack of details given to owners, specifically playfield photos, playfield art, toys, programming info and LCD pictures and video.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He's been on the Raza blog with a lot lately. Seems to rotate. Not disappointed with what you have seen though, right? I'm waiting for MG too

Yes, I will agree with you there. My disappointments are purely related to business decisions, delays and communication failures. The game itself (that I have seen) is phenomenal, without question.

#407 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

So if you could only buy into one Zidware game being released in the "relative near future" which one would you choose and why? Magic Girl or Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland??
I would go Magic Girl as of now. I just take more to a mystical theme than a zombie theme. They will probably both be incredible I'm sure.

I am a buyer of both, but if hypothetically both were going to be released in 30 days which would I buy?

RAZA.

#412 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Have you ever tried calling him?

I have, I even went to visit once but nothing changed. I'm still in on the games and I'll stay in until the end but I passed on Alice due to my experience with these two games.

#457 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is a biggie.

Agreed, and thank you for writing what you wrote this morning on the blog. You echoed my issues with the project exactly.

If John doesn't step up and make the experience a good one for owners then there might not be enough people willing to sign up to make a game #4. I know that's why I didn't sign up for AIW.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's why he's making more MGs.

At the expense of his owners trust and the contract we signed as buyers.

...and without a discount to the early owners who paid in full whose games will inevitably be devalued.

Could you imagine the apocalypse that would occur on Pinside if Stern said "let's now make triple the number of TRON LE's"?

Post edited by ChrisVW: iPhone autocorrect hijinx

#463 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think showing up at Expo with empty cabinets this late in the game is a major fail. How could that have not been done at last years Expo? Or the year before that? It's an empty cabinet with the side art on it.
What's the point? I mean I know you guys that have preorders in have more info that what JPop showed (empty cabs) so I guess I don't see the point of this.

Agreed, I would probably have been less upset if he had showed up with a box of merch to sell.

It's ironic...an empty cabinet is the perfect metaphor isn't it?

#489 9 years ago

I can confirm this.

#491 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

You guys should be happy because it means money coming in to pay bills and build your games. The only thing more rare than 25 games is 2 empty boxes : o

Only if it actually goes toward BUILDING the games.

#497 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

having to redesign ever mech not using Wms parts, ect ect...

I got the same letters but I've never understood this? Why do spooky and all the other boutique shops get away with using wms parts but John says he has to design everything from scratch? Couldn't he just buy retail parts from PBL and use them?

#529 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

If he hasn't changed his mind again this is the plan I'm told 40 ish...

#541 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

effectively communicating fundamental changes to his owners

Myself and others have ask MANY times for updates, including status updates and revisions to the production schedule. It's always either deflected or ignored. I'm livid about the way the magic girl project is being handled.

#546 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

So on the additional 25 MGs he is producing (bringing the number up to 50) at this point in time what is the total amount that those 25 owners were required to pay, or have paid? I'm assuming like RAZA the full amount wasn't required yet?

Payment in full was required for the original 25 in August of 2012, I'm not sure about the additional 25.

#556 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Didn't see that... He must have asked for license work?

I dislike all the aliens and robot stuff but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he licensed it. He couldn't be so wreckless as to think that no one would notice or that he could get away with not licensing it...

#560 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

It blows my mind that those of you who have large sums of money committed to this are confused, uninformed, and not in agreement with each other about what is happening around these builds.

I think we all might need to be more active and bit more critical on the "courtesy blog".

#562 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Until you get the "user can't comment" notice.
JPop needs reigned in.

Touche!

I found out after a Google search that if you sign up for email notifications and reply to the email it will post your email reply as a comment and that actually works.

#564 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hold on, you're saying a paying customer has been blocked from the blog for asking questions?

Cannot comment, others too I think.

#572 9 years ago

Post edited by ChrisVW: deleted

#577 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What was the nature of your comment that got you blocked? How much did it differ from what I posted?

I have no idea which one actually. I never got any feedback. But I have NEVER posted anything that could be considered vulgar, profanity, hateful or mean.

I have a feeling it was about my asking for more updates or pointing out that there hasn't been an update in weeks, what's going on, what's the status, etc. Which I still believe are valid questions. I don't think my comments differed much from yours, but it was before the tide turned which now seems to be happening on the RAZA blog.

#590 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think a lot of us were expecting something significant at this expo. It can't be business as usual anymore, something has to change.

Based on johns comment yesterday about a great expo showing and all the posts here to the contrary, I'm wondering if he doesn't realize that this is a problem? Living in a bubble perhaps?

#596 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Kind of interesting
But my buddy Keith was in on RAZA and wanted a MG during the tour yesterday.
He had cash but jpop told him he could not take the cash yet but took down his name and said he would inform him when he could get a spot.

That's interesting...

Can you give us a NDA friendly summary of what you saw? Anything close to completetion? Did it look like he was getting ready to start production? What % would you say we are through this? Did you see anything that changed your mind, either good or bad?

#601 9 years ago

PDX, I'm excited to hear what you have to say. I was going to wait until the end of October for john to post his big reveal, if it's a no show then I will probably have something to say on the blog.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

he wants the money to maintain his profit margin at the expense of my 14% loss.

All fantastic points, I will add one more. Buy doubling the agreed upon amount of games produced, he has essentially cut the secondary market in half.

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You and Frolic had some great posts on the blog, Frolic especially. I think people are afraid to say what they really are thinking!

I will be posting mine in the morning.

#616 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Have you guys seen playfield layouts for MG and RAZA at least?

blurred ones, with certain sections unblurred.

#619 9 years ago

Alright...sending my opus on the blog now. Please everyone else do the same if you haven't already.

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I just don't think it does any good on the blog, especially if he will control the comments.
If you don't agree with me then feel free to publicly denounce me!

I totally agree with you except on one point. I think the place it matters the most is on the blog. That's where John is most likely to see it and realize it's time to change course and deliver us some answers.

#628 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Wow, seriously? I thought you guys with magic NDA access would at least see everything. All this time I've been assured that shit is real, and wait until I see it, etc etc, and you're not even seeing full photos?

No, when he does show photos they are very strategically positioned photos. Like of a 4-8" section of the slings for example. Basically if you want to see anything you have to buy a plane ticket to Chicago.

#636 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The love fest is over! I will back any owner voicing concerns on the blog.... That is a promise!

Same here. 100%

#639 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just saw your post, followed up with another one of mine on the blog!

Damn....!

I sugar coated it, but my hats off to you for being blunt!

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Wow. I've read this thread from the beginning (I read way too much of pinside). I don't think I've even posted in it (once maybe). I was amazed at the amount of patience that was being shown. You are fully in the right to start making some demands. The revolution appears to have begun. I hope it works out.

Agreed, but honestly I hope this doesn't come across as a mob, but as an intervention.

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The pins will get done, he won't ruin his 33 yr reputation in pinball and massive Ego by not delivering.
At this point, I don't really even give a shit, I'm excited about TBL, Alien and maybe TWD, the true zombie pin.
Yeah Chris, mob, intervention, I don't know what it is, just complete and utter frustration on our end.
I've said it from day one, if I lose my money it was a risk worth taking. Onward and upward.
My guess, and I hope not, is that John will first act like a petulant child and not respond at all.

I hope you are wrong Ice, but I fear you are right. I have serious doubts if this will be addressed.

Yes...this is just extreme frustration.

#647 9 years ago

Who is J..S? I have seen his posts on the blog many times and always love his bluntness.

Is that you gprotein?

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

that's me ChrisVW.

Ah ok. Well it's nice to finally meet you. I always enjoy reading your posts as you usually cut through the bs and just say what everyone who doesn't post is thinking.

#710 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

a year later from the infamous "crickets" blog post.

I forgot about that...yeah that was ugly then it had to turn into an apology-fest to get things back on track. At one point slapshot confronted him about giving a date or revising the timeline schedule and that got ugly too. A few days later we got a "I need to work on that" and the timeline never materialized either. It's definitely an eggshell situation because we all have a lot of skin in the game and if you say the wrong thing...

#829 9 years ago

I am feeling way better today in light of JPOPS recent blog posts/pics. I can honestly say after everything that has transpired in the last 48 hours is that if John offered to refund my money on RAZA I would decline! I'm staying in and have renewed faith in the project.
The game will be worth the wait IMHO.
Big thanks to all the owners for standing together and basically speaking to John with one voice on this, I am confident that he got the message.

I will agree as well. I haven't had time to go though my owners blog emails yet, but when I woke up this morning and saw 25 new messages and posts from the blog overnight I got the impression that our concerns were received. PDX's post above with the MG playfield pic seems to be a show good will from John as well. If things can stay on this course I think we'll all be happy in the coming months.

Big thanks to all the owners for voicing concerns and keeping it civil, and huge kudos to JPOP for stepping up.

#907 9 years ago

It appears this thread might have caught the attention of Coast2Coast pinball. listening to episode 117 "Atomic Madness" that just went up.

4 weeks later
#1162 9 years ago

I wouldn't read too much into those dates. I think the interviewer googled the games and came across the Pinside listings. Both of those dates appear in the Pinside game info:

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/magic-girl
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/ben-hecks-zombie-adventureland

#1199 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm at the point where I'm basically considering my payment lost money and if the game ever gets made, I'll consider it a windfall.

Quoted from frolic:

The saddest thing about all this, is I'm so over it. There is no fun left. The arrival of my game will be "it's about goddam time".

This is where I'm at too. I've pretty much stopped checking the blog, especially once I learned it was a courtesy blog and not a owners forum like I thought. I'd say that I just don't care anymore, but that's not completely true I'm actually upset and bitter about the whole experience. I will NEVER do this again.

#1211 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Its only pinball ... And $10k-$17k for a bunch of people

Try $27k.

#1240 9 years ago

Again from what I understand Zidware has other revenue sources, I believe they write apps ect.

They made an app. It was called Pinball Wizard and it was free.

#1245 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Here's an email I sent on October 21 and I did not get a reply...

Very well said.

#1295 9 years ago

I have a feeling the January reveal is going to be accompanied by a request for the final installment. I'm not going to pay it either. When my game is actually being assembled I'll pay the last installment but not a dime before then, especially when the game is still at least two years out. Also if the game is two years away why is it being revealed in January? It certainly won't be ready to produce in January. I'm expecting little more than a white wood and an attract animation. Prototype play field hardware and zero code is my prediction.

#1311 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

I saw many items that would need a patent, well over 10 of them. I did not get into the patent status with John.

Without getting into any specifics, you'd said you played a few games, so there was code? Or was it just a flipping playfield? No doubt it would be primitive at this stage but if there's at least a few test menus and some basic scoring that would be great.

#1313 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

LED was completely interactive with game play (scoring), as was lighting, music, speech, and sounds. My opinion is that coding is far from primitive, but certainly by no means finished.

That's even better than I was expecting. Thanks!

#1330 9 years ago

Who's on first? Yes

#1353 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Just curious. Anyone looking to sell their spot?

Which spot? Just one spot for 27k? Or both spots for 27k + 17k + 10k? Or my dog Spot for $10k?

#1366 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I...........don't think he cares about that or thinks its a big deal. MG's are already at 50.
It's just a necessity now.

When the number was upped to 50 last time there was a refund offered.

If he changes the contract terms again, who in their right mind would ever sign up for another one of his preorders? If you deal in the collectables market and destroy the collectibility, as a business you're done.

#1372 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

Hey ChrisVW, did you MG guys get any say or a chance to vote on the doubling of your rare collectables or did he just tell you that is what he was doing after he had your money?

Nope. We got a letter in the mail notifying us of the production increase and an offer for a refund if we weren't onboard. This was after full payment was received. It was nicely worded and all but it was basically a "my way or the highway" letter.

#1374 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm asking seriously, not as a troll..
But is that the main reason folks are/were buying these? For collectability?
I don't really consider myself a collector - I'm a player (as evidenced by the condition of my TZ..! Ugh.) so the whole 'getting it because it's collectible' is foreign to me.

No, of course not. I wanted the game for the game. The high price was justified by the low production number.

But I'm also not in it to be giving out interest free loans.

#1375 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So says the beanie baby!
Gotta be able to make the collectible first.
I think he sticks to MG at 50 or risks losing his flame proof underwear that he wears to work everyday
All bets are off on the rest.

I completely agree with you but that's his problem not ours. I held up my end of the contract when my check cleared.

#1383 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

That's pretty rotten, the old bait and switch. How long ago did you get the letter?

Yeah it sucks but since there was a refund offered I figure there was no other options. This was back in July 2013.

#1385 9 years ago

Does anyone else know of any other numbered limited edition collectables where quantities were increased after the sale? I'm not talking about double dipping or milking (anniversary edition, collectors edition, ruby red edition). I'm talking about announcing and selling 100 of X and then making and selling 5x more of X than promised.

I have been combing google and haven't found much other than a Nightbreed DVD limited numbered edition on Amazon where 5000 were announced and sold then they upped the number to 10,000.

Is there a term for this practice, other than breach of contract or fraud?

1 week later
#1561 9 years ago

Since we are now 7 days away from the big reveal here's my prediction:

15% chance - Game revealed to everyone, pinball news picks up the story, the game looks fantastic and everyone is excited.
40% chance - Game revealed to owners only. Reminders of NDA still in effect and general disappointment because owners can't talk and the community can't see. No ship estimates provided to owners.
30% chance - December 17th comes and goes with no reveal. Owners blow up the forums and get no response for days. If response does occur, questions are not answered.
15% chance - Game revealed to either owners or everyone, but nothing really shown. Game not turned on, pics taken from 30' and blurry or strategically cropped, etc...

What do you guys think will happen on December 17th?

#1568 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wait. What were the specifics in terms of what JPop said that the "reveal" would entail? Where is it going to take place? I thought this was going to be some type of public reveal at a show or something?

No details provided other than Dec 17th and that it would be a Lebowski style "rug" reveal.

I don't know what that means. I don't think John has seen TBL movie, so I doubt he understands that the rug is a plot point in the movie and I hope he doesn't actually put MG on a rug. That would be a facepalm moment for sure.

#1575 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Also, there is a "big update" coming the first week of January for RAZA.

I'd settle for just an answer to Frolics question.

#1636 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Apparently the game has 3,000 artist hours on it.
This pic was the game I originally pre-ordered though.

The quality of the new art is great, but at what cost? in both money and time? 2016/2017 for my game to arrive?

bhza-title.jpg 50 KB

Someone posted in a previous thread the artists name, I don't remember but he was from deviant art. Let's say even a modest $50/hr for a contract artist, that's still $150,000 in art for a single game. It's sounding more and more like we are screwed.

#1664 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't think Jpop is capable of letting someone help him to be honest. Everyone I know who's tried has bailed because he's impossible.

That was my brief experience.

#1693 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

IF Jpop produces a kick ass pin with gorgeous artwork like Totan and CV or even better, does he get any credit?

If it plays as good as it looks, I believe so.

#1701 9 years ago

Copyright issues aside, the purple on dark blue on light blue color palette just looks like a color muted jumbled mess, especially when backlit with purple LEDs. Earlier versions looked better in my opinion. Sometimes less is more. "Every frame is so dense"

Come to think of it there are a lot of similarities between John and George Lucas. (4:50)

#1709 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Went back and re-read Jpops post about his goal for a "rug reveal". It was clearly stated that "The Lebowski Effect" was his goal and that "the game better be solid before you show it" in reference to small builders. This is totally his make it or break it time. A "no-show" is not an option at this point.

If it's anything less than the greatest pin ever made, he's about to get the full "lebowski effect". Just not the one he's thinking of.

#1716 9 years ago

South Park has some good advice on the whole preorder thing...

#1768 9 years ago

1 day 10 hours 8 minutes until this ship lifts off or blows up on the launch pad.

#1771 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I think John will show something, doesn't have to be a full game reveal, but some of the curtain will be pulled back. And it's not all or nothing anymore. Dutch showed a full game and look where they are now? I'll take whatever new bit of Magic Girl is ready to be shown.

The time for bits has passed. The game should have been showed at expo. The mob formed and John promised a reveal in December. It's the eleventh hour and the clock is ticking. For all my cricticism I have been a supporter both financially and sympathetically but...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1775 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've heard from some other MG owners that there is no public reveal this week. Some of them will get to see it.
I'm going to guess that until the first owner receives their first production machine, no one else will see it. Dunno when that might be, dunno what that means for us raza buyers.
Looking at the RAZA timetable from the owner's package, proto samples and building is slotted for the last 6 months. So not sure if that means MG will exist as a prototype for 6 months. So perhaps that means MG owners might start receiving their games in the last half of 2015.
If there's a raza reveal in january, possibly the game is around the same stage, and we'd have around 6 months before the first owners see their machines? but then there's the question as to how long all of this will take to produce.
So I guess our earlier guesses for 2016 delivery are probably accurate. It's unfortunate we're left guessing like we have been.
If MG owners are told anything more about the actual production, I'd love to hear it.

We are at Johns mercy right now because he has our money. Real soon he is going to be wanting that last RAZA installment (ie the MG BOM). That's where the leverage comes in.

I know of at least two other MG owners that might just go full "Phil" if this Magic Girl reveal is anything less than expected so I wouldn't worry too much about not getting details.

#1793 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

At this point the owners are likely the only ones who have any means to pressure John to get things done. And I'm not talking about "just finishing a game" but also dealing with the supplier/vendor issues that are currently ongoing.

I'd like to help apply that pressure but I don't know any of the details. He doesn't share details of the game we paid for so he definitely isn't sharing vendor/supplier issues with us. Post them and I'll ask on the dev blog.

#1808 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'd like to know what of the following is factually incorrect.
I'm going to speak to RAZA since that is the game I'm in on, can't speak for MG:

Spot on for both projects. The only difference is RAZA owners occasionally comment on the forum. The MG blog is a wasteland.

In curious to know what errors were presented as facts also. I didn't see any errors.

#1816 9 years ago
Quoted from jruddr:

When I signed up John told me you could get a refund anytime.How hard did these people try?

Several owners have tried to sell their spots on here, some at a loss, because John won't give refunds. The requests aren't even declined, John just doesn't even respond.

Owners have begged and pleaded on the owners forum for a refund and the requests are just ignored. We paid a lot of money up front, timelines were missed and then the communication slowed down and has nearly stopped. Now we have no games, no communication and no explanation.

I just checked and the last Jpop comment was 10-21.

#1834 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who's the "project manager", like I said, HOW and WHEN.

I would love to know the answer to this, because it's starting to sound like that was a line to get us off his back. I never heard another mention of this project manager ever again.

#1837 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well, we all need to stick together when it comes time to pony up.
Emphasis on the PERIOD. If he doesn't reveal publicly

This. Not another dime until my game is sitting on the loading dock.

If he doesn't reveal publicly it's over. Anything less than a public showing of a functional game will be too little too late. I don't mean to come off as pessimistic, it's more that I'm irate at the lack of communication and respect for customers. It's disrespectful to ignore customers repeated requests for a timeline and basic info.

#1843 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Unless he announced that he had one, it's only him. He did have an "office manager" at one point. But I'm guessing that person has long since departed given the current situation.

He did announce that he had hired one to drive the projects. Have you been there in the last few months?

#1893 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

And where's Ice? Not one owner can describe what they saw in generic terms?

Just art at this point. Higher quality versions of previously obscured art, but just art.

#1908 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Does my post even show up for you guys?
shrublight on December 17, 2014 at 9:45 am
Your comment is awaiting moderation.
I’ve had $9500 paid in since October 2013. It’s time to start giving us some info, time tables, etc.
John how well do you think Zidware will do in the future, given the current state of pre-ordering. I know I’ll never do it again. No pin is worth losing this much cash over.

I don't see it. I see one at 9:34 and 1:26.

#1910 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I’ve had $9500 paid in since October 2013. It’s time to start giving us some info, time tables, etc.
John how well do you think Zidware will do in the future, given the current state of pre-ordering. I know I’ll never do it again. No pin is worth losing this much cash over.

I am unable to comment from the website completely. It says I don't have permission. I had to go to settings and enable email and comment notifications. Then I can reply to the email and it gets posted as a comment. Maybe that will work for you too?

#1913 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The NDA is a farce, somebody better start revealing something

The NDA is a farce, JOHN better start revealing something

#1914 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Sounds like he tried to disable comments and you found a workaround?

That's what I think. I found a thread on some forum where they said that was a bug in the blog software, it seems to work although sometimes it copies part of the email header into my comments.

#1915 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Quoted from ChrisVW:

I am unable to comment from the website completely. It says I don't have permission. I had to go to settings and enable email and comment notifications. Then I can reply to the email and it gets posted as a comment. Maybe that will work for you too?

Under "Blogs I Follow", click edit (top left of screen) then select the blog (you have to be following it, just click follow on the main page). Under the subtitle "You get no post and no comment emails for this blog" click edit. Set both options to "Instant".

Let us know when you do this and someone will comment so you get the first thread email. Then just reply to that.

#1922 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Seriously dude...either post something relevant (ie no more sly neener neener listen to what I saw comments) or stop posting entirely.

Unfortunately that's about the most relevant thing about the reveal so far. Still haven't seen the game.

#1968 9 years ago

He did say everything would be up by midnight. I'm hoping this isn't everything. I guess he has two more hours so maybe something will show up then.

#1976 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm confused, cause people have said they've played it. If he's not posting it, then he's still paranoid and holding back. A lot of good that does anyone.

Well that explains all the "digital watermarks" to trace leaks. Extreme paranoia seems to be the case.

#1979 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Wow! I had no idea it's gotten that bad. I think john needs to watch "it's a wonderful life" a few times next week..

» YouTube video

wonderful_life_at_zidware.jpg 86 KB

...and spent on GoDaddy domains apparently.

#1984 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've been busy all day and am just getting caught up. This is a lot of information to process. Can someone give me a quick rundown of what went down? Am I to understand that the "big reveal" happened today, and the only thing that was actually revealed was the artwork? This doesn't make any sense. I was at his shop recently and saw several Magic Girls with my own eyes. It looked like the game was coming along nicely. What the f*ck is going on? I'm so confused.

You pretty much nailed it. Just art so far. His description said everything up by midnight so he has another hour I guess.

I was kinda hoping for a stern style featuregram, cabinet shot and an overhead playfield shot.

I would have just been satisfied with a timetable though.

#1990 9 years ago
Quoted from Sjsilver:

12:08 CST. So come one, secret JPOP society, spill the deets on the full reveal!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Iceman, what are our options?

#2098 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I would love to see someone break the nada and post everything... He would probably cry and stop updating...

Me too. At this point it almost feels like he's waiting for someone to break it. I bet if you break the NDA he'll try to kick you out and keep the deposit.

With all the warnings on site of NOT TO BE DISTRIBUTED, CONFIDENTIAL, DO NOT RELINK, DIGITAL WATERMARKS for tracing leaked images etc etc etc.... I know it would be a monumental task to individually watermark the images with some kind of user identifiable info, but at this point I'm guessing he's just paranoid enough to actually do it. At which point he'd keep the $ and no longer have to listen to us whine on the blog, so basically a win-win for him and everything to lose for us.

I wish Aurich was in on this project, only so he'd light up the blog. Too many of the owners are still silent.

#2102 9 years ago

in·vest
verb: invest; 3rd person present: invests; past tense: invested; past participle: invested; gerund or present participle: investing

To expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.

To devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.

To buy (something) whose usefulness will repay the cost.

#2104 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Wouldn't you be if you had that much cash on the line?

I have more than a brand new car worth of cash invested and that's the reason why I am not silent on the blog.

#2110 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Does a watermark show up if u take a screen shot from ur phone lol...

I don't know. I don't know enough about digital watermarks. Probably not but then you need to worry about exif metadata from your camera.

There's nothing even worth leaking in my opinion.

#2140 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I just posted this on his blog

I just posted a follow up...

Quoted from ChrisVW:

So I coined a new term…..The Lebowski Effect – “The outcome of showing a new game concept, exactly and early on, it’s it’s entirety to the masses to create surprise, comradery and extreme happiness”

TO THE MASSES. That's the key to what made this successful. People didn't care about ball hangups and software glitches because the DP guys were so confident people would love the game they wouldn't care about anything else, and they were right.

Had they shown only certain photos to certain people on a website no one else could get to, no one would have really cared and others disappointed.

I'm feeling pretty apathetic about this project now. It feels like timelines don't matter anymore and "I'll get to it when I get to it" is the way the project is going. I don't have anything to look forward to because the project is neverending...at least as far as deadlines are concerned.

I thought you hired a project manager to manage things. I have a hard time believing there is a project manager in the world who didn't set a deadline first thing. Is there really a project manager?

=\

#2154 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Just curious...can you buy one of those shirts? Is there a shopping cart on one of those dozen websites?

No but you can preorder it

#2156 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I got one......slightly soiled. I'll let it go for what I have in it. A mere $9500.00 cash only.

I have an ultra rare Magic Girl shirt for sale. $17,000.00.

#2294 9 years ago

The fact that those pussycatpinball images disappeared hours after someone posting the link pretty much confirms John is reading this thread.

busted.jpgbusted.jpg
#2341 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

Wanna see some MG and AIW head ove there and check it out.
http://inspire.adobe.com/2014/12/18/zombies_yetis_pinball.html

There was more revealed in that video that in the blog "reveal" or on the actual owners blog. Thank you for posting that!!

There you go folks, playfield art, backglass, plastic art and cabinet art. Everything revealed. So why couldn't he just send US THAT VIDEO?!?!?!!!!!!!!

#2351 9 years ago

I didn't see this mentioned. Since this image is public I'm not breaking any NDAs

360.JPG360.JPG
#2403 9 years ago
Quoted from Linolium:

I'd buy some translates and playfield prints.

Not gonna happen. I begged and begged for John to order an extra playfield for me when they were printed. He was afraid of people buying playfields and making extra MG games.

I just wanted a playfield to hang on my wall and use as a spare if something ever happened.

#2445 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

And IF they get built how do we know that the gameplay/rules will be any good? I have no idea who is writing the rules for the game. This game could make TOTAN seem "Deep" in comparison. It also looks like it has a lot of those spinny targets (like the lamp in TOTAN) that aren't particularly a lot of fun to hit. Yes, every JP game that's released is very pretty and has great artwork but most lack the software to make them keepers in my collection.
Even if MG is close to being complete, how many more years will it be before all the parts are acquired, the wiring harnesses assembled and the employees hired to actually build them. Also, is he going to get UL testing which could add even more delays? We've seen how long it takes for even games like MMR and Predator which have been "complete" for quite a while now to actually gear up for the production line. If more than a handful of people get their machines in 2015 (or even 2016) I would be shocked!

Well I do have some good news on a few of these points. There's no guarantees on the software but I have seen some stills from the display that have some features that make me think it will be deep. Maybe not at first but eventually. I had heard the software may be open source. If that's the case rules are no longer an issue for me. I can finish it myself if I have to. Just give me the game and the art.

UL testing is optional.

I told john when the rest of the parts, or enough of the parts, arrive I and a friend will fly out there and donate a week of my time to free labor to get these things out the door. I work fast and should be able to make at least a dent. If John moves quickly I think these could ship by the end of 2015 it's just a guess. I don't really have any better info than anyone else who's seen the Adobe video.

#2466 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

Just found a photo of three nicely populated MG p/f's on the artist's instagram.
http://instagram.com/p/vumzcavsqO/?modal=true

image.jpgimage.jpg
#2467 9 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

there seems to be horizontal bright-spots (lines) in them. Is this by design? (The coloring, and the hot spots, almost seem like the backbox is lights by florescent bulbs.)

Those are rows of LED strips. It definitely needs some kind of diffuser.

#2485 9 years ago

That price is WAAAAY more than I was told. Wow...

edit: CONFIRMED. Maybe the price increase is to make up money lost on another game?

Screen Shot 2014-12-20 at 1.50.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-20 at 1.50.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-20 at 1.50.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-12-20 at 1.50.46 PM.png

#2487 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

See, I have a similar page with my brochure but the price has been removed.
Also yours is called Original 10/6 "Mad Hatter Model" Velvet edition
Mine is referred to as Mad Hatter Edition 1/133 in the top left corner. On another page it is referred to as "The Mad Hatter 10/6 edition"
I don't know if you guys got in early enough that there are 2 seperate editions and you got a price break.
But I can directly quote him from an e-mail saying "We do not make an LE, but make just 1 model and load it up as best I can with art, features, ideas, mods, etc. So no "bait and switch" or upsell." So like I say, one of you with a deposit down should probably get it straight from the horse's mouth how much these machines are going to cost you.

I totally believe you, not trying to call you out or anything like that.

I think there may be some communication error (SHOCKING!) on Johns part and he sent some flyers before some things were final.

#2500 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

No new info on mg yet?

It says alchemy is unlocked but the link doesn't work. Does yours?

Also, 2500!

#2564 9 years ago

Once the ramp design is finalized it'll take a couple of weeks (Jpop time) to create a mold and vac new ones. The ramps are the least of my worries about this project.

#2596 9 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I'm curious about that too. Hypothetically if the choice was a 20% chance of delivering all 3 games by 2020 (2 more years each), or having a manufacturer buy all 3 games from JPop with finished designs and 100% chance and mass producing them for, say, 60% of the price with no production limits, would that be a bad thing?

So in your scenario I get to fund this guys startup company while assuming 100% of the risk (since it was started with crowd funded money) while he breaks his own contract (repeatedly), lies to me and ignores me as a customer for years and my repeated requests for timelines and details all while working on other projects and still requiring me to uphold my end of the agreement (NDAs and no refunds after a certain date)...and the next guy in line is 100% guaranteed a game at about half the cost I paid? Where do I sign up =\

#2597 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I was just looking through my paperwork.
The Timeline
Ben Heck's Zombie Adventureland pinball will follow a normal pinball development schedule of approximately 14 months at a minimum. Yeah no shit John, maybe 14 years at a maximum.
Then at the end of the paragraph, I about spit up my beer.
Any compressions, delays or extensions to the planned schedule, will be communicated in a timely manner.
I guess ignoring your damn customers is a timely matter.
Does anybody remember how we were supposed to be able to personally customize our game? You, the purchaser, will have an opportunity in the design process to create, select and/or change certain features, decorative parts, mechanics and/or artwork.
Well John, I select to have my money back ya squirrelly jack wagon.

yeah and here we are 3 years later and he is still making revisions to the backglass art. It's now gone through so many revisions it doesn't make sense anymore.

Purple on pink on blue looks bad, and even worse when backlit with purple LED strips.
Why is Robbie even there? Robots have nothing to do with the game. (for some reason they originally did, but don't appear to anymore)
Why would Godzilla even appear on the backglass?
The same backglass art appears to be just reused on the playfield, I wouldn't expect a game with no less than 5 cabinet art designs to reuse the same art from the backglass in the center of the playfield.
When Ben was replaced by the Mars Attacks! alien, why does the alien still have Ben's hot glue gun?! That doesn't even make sense, it reminds me of the end of Empire where after so many revisions and edits Lando is left wearing Hans clothes.

I hate to even say this but at this point the backglass art should probably be thrown out and redrawn.insanity.gifinsanity.gif

#2624 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

What's the point of unlocking one of his links and then not linking it to anything to see?

That has annoyed me too. Half of the links under the art tab don't work. One of them has been unlocked but doesn't link to anything and the others are still locked.

Doing something 40% and losing focus and moving on to another project seems to be a recurring theme...

#2662 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

From john's Twitter feed. Seems like he embraces the similarities from topps to his artwork.

image-770.jpg 81 KB

Kind of a dick move for John to tweet a photo of the guy's full name and address. I'm sure Cody Miller in Jacksonville would agree.

#2686 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK do we know the number of MGs sold? I have heard the original plus 4 prototypes make 17 and there will be no more. I have also heard 22, 25 and 50.

There are at least 18, because I have #18 paid in full.

#2700 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Was this "option" included in the original contract with you guys? I'm on the "MG list" of the remaining 25 if 50 is the actual max number.
Based on conservations with John it was clearly not feasible to produce 13, 17 or 25 of any kind of pinball machine. Should have anticipated that up front.
Or did he actually know that originally?

The option to include additional games was definitely NOT in the contract I signed.

#2719 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have read the entire thread and the 3 others started prior. This saga has going on for what seems like forever and I have been trying to wake you guys up for years. Answer me a few questions......Did you ask for a refund? Did you try and sell your spot? Did you pay JPOP a visit with a pair of scissors and threaten to cut off his long, lovely, locks of hair if he didn't give you your money back? What ever happened to real men? Sorry for your loss guys, I really am, but at this point, it's on you.

It's like you have some kind of uncanny 7th sense to predict things that happened in the past.

#2723 9 years ago

Post edited by ChrisVW: decided not to be a dick...for now

#2728 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Un-drained this topic recently.
Wow y'all been busy!
Another few weeks and we might be planning to murder the dude. Though I like the kidnapping into labor idea
Sorry to hear a few owners of the games are very unhappy at the moment.
I talked to John about this a few weeks ago in person and hopefully he tries to correct that.
Can't really defend his business practices but I'm still on board for some zidware games.
I have notice between all my visits that work is definitely being done and it's also being done to an extremely high level of quality. I don't think he just does the fun stuff, a lot of his process looks extremely tedious, such as the cabling on cad and documenting everything.
Just my 2 cents

Welcome back! It was cool to see him post a pic of you guys on FB.

#2749 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Yeah, you try being a small boutique firm who pays a lawyer by the hour and attempts to bring legal action against the gorilla with a team of lawyers on retainer. Talk about the boutique firm hitting an iceberg of expense and immediately beginning to sink as they ooze cash.

I completely agree with you on this.

He spent so much time and money on getting patents and lawyers to work with the USPTO but yet doesn't have the wherewithal to defend the patents if (I mean when) the idea is used by another company. At this point all that time, money and energy was wasted. John should have been able to figure this out a long time ago.

#2829 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

An interesting video from March of 2012, "behind you is a working prototype of MG"....
» YouTube video

I'm going to have to have to call BS on that. That was when he was designing at his house. I was there working a week before this video was shot and MG and BHZA (along with the redemption game) were all Nordmanite models with black and white paper art, the original Egyptian game before the "magic" redesign.

There were NO operational prototype games at that time. Not even by the loosest definition.

#2865 9 years ago

Crickets!

#2868 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

knowing realistically that only a joint venture for manufacturing will lead to actual games being shipped. I don't know if Zidware is capable of creating that relationship. Remember back to the initial announcement of Ben Heck Zombie Adventure Land? There was a $1,000 option to have John and Ben come to your house and help assemble the game.

At this point I would gladly pay the extra $1000 to not even have it assembled. Just throw the loose parts into an empty refrigerator box and mail it to me.

#2883 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John's stonewalling has been somewhat effective. He's ignored the repeated requests on the blog and people have stopped asking.

You are right. So I just requested a timeframe on when we might expect a response to the repeated requests for a project timeframe.

Probably won't even get the effort of any response at all but just to let him know I haven't forgotten.

#2954 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Will JPop even bother responding to emails anymore? Does he respond to anyone who sends him an email asking for a refund? If so, what does he say?

Nothing. Ever. His voicemail has been full since November and doesn't answer the phone. He doesn't comment on blog posts from owners asking questions or respond to emails.

#2973 9 years ago

The NDA isn't worth the paper it was written on.

#2981 9 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

I called and spoke with him weeks ago about a refund. He said no problem I will send a letter. Well since than I have called and emailed several times with no response. Well finally...
I received a refund letter in the mail the other day. It basically says that he has received a request either by phone or email for a refund. It further says that when he received money from a new owner he will than refund the deposit money. He than asks you to sign the letter and send back all initially packet of information and I guess that will start the process. In the original contract it states that if a new owner if not found a refund less 25% will be given after X date. The issue is he is sticking to his no refund date but that's also the date it was suppose to be basically complete. Omg I'm getting confused just trying to explain this...

Any chance you can take a photo of the letter and post it? He can't hold you to your end of his breached contract.

#2990 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody that wants to contact me can do so via Pinside mail or I'll give out additional contact info
Over the next two weeks I'll be talking to others involved and we as a group can decide a way forward.
My office number is 210-687-1333
My cell phone number is 210-381-6177
My email is [email protected]
If any of you other idiots have the balls to actually call me and provide something other than stupidity, there it is. Otherwise you can go F yourselves. I'm tired of all of this BS.

You should post that on the owners blog lol

#3048 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Would you prefer dogs with giant penises on their backs or a few grand into pins that are never going to happen?

How giant are the penises?

#3074 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

He almost seems to be in denial. Like I asked him if will reveal anything and what is the timeline. I also reminded him he's 34 months into a 14 month project. He responded, that he thought I wanted a refund so why was I curious about the progress.

He is totally in denial (step 1). The next steps are anger, then bargaining, then depression and finally acceptance.

#3077 9 years ago

JPOP will surely deliver...

bb8.jpgbb8.jpg
#3079 9 years ago

hey Ice, did you get my PM? I sent a link with some docs.

#3116 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John just responded on the blog, and it was as a complete head against brick wall moment. unbelievable.

Translation: I get too many emails to answer so I dont bother. I am still fucking around with backglass art and cabinets I have said are finished at least a dozen times now.

#3118 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

What did respond?
Disclaimer : I truly believe he lives in his own world - bubble

Read my post above for the short version.

#3126 9 years ago

John just responded to another thread too. The backglass trimming one.

If you guys havent subscribed to Wordpress email alerts for comments you should. You get them instantly before they are deleted.

#3140 9 years ago

How do I subscribe to the email alerts?

You have to login on the website, not the app, and click the Edit button on the top left. Then there are options for instant post and notification emails.

#3141 9 years ago

John just posted a new blog update

Yup, more breaking news with no news.

#3144 9 years ago

The new software development team will be across the hall from the customer service team, if you hit the project managers office turn around because you've gone too far.

#3145 9 years ago

Oops almost forgot about the account manager he hired.

#3147 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What happened to the old software development team? Oh, we're not talking about that.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3162 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

He's going to roll out his new guy, he's going to roll out the prototype working game when the final parts come in in the next few weeks, then he's going to increase mg numbers and get a influx of 450k (20x17k). Then he's going to keep tweaking the game and drag it out a lot longer... Chad k building games? Great adding stuff ok.. He's going to ignore any requests of his financial infustructure. And there will still be no timeline. All this fails if he doesn't get more money from us

Who is Chad K?

#3171 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Although I feel for ya, if pinball and buying some high dollar toys was more important than planning ahead to even have 5% down for a house, you have bigger issues completely unrelated to the current sad state of affairs. I mean, if you had the game, you still wouldnt have the money to put down, so why even buy a toy if you had any notion of buying a house.

It's not a one way ticket. There were "out" clauses in the contract. It was an 18 month gamble that was made almost 4 years ago. Maybe the guy was single but in the last 4 years met a woman, got married and had 3 kids. Lots of things happen in that amount of time. This was never supposed to last this long so why is john still holding him to his end of the breached contract.

Also if he actually had the game he could have put it up for sale and liquidated to cash relatively quickly.

#3175 9 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He could have sold his other 3 games. Either way.... Hes not on trial, but you said it, he gambled and lost. Gamblers normally dont get much sympathy...

Blame the victim not the guy that fucked him out of money and breached the contract. Got it.

#3190 9 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I can't understand the weakness in your logic. Roostking rightfully pointed out that the guy who can't spring 5% of a new house shouldn't be out gambling on bling toys.
This has absolutely nothing to do with taking sides with "jpoop the scammer". Please turn off your mass media programming device that makes you think in terms of white and black dichotomies. Just because one guy made a bad financial gamble, it doesn't mean the other guy is more right or more wrong.

What Redeyes does to earn his money or how he chooses to spend it is no ones business but his. If we are going to Internet Audit someone make it JPOP.

Post edited by ChrisVW: SadSack is right. edited to remove finger pointing.

#3214 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think he's cutting ties, hopefully this means I will be refunded shortly.

Hmm you mean we are left to guess what's going on because JPOP hasn't communicated?

#3223 9 years ago

Does anyone know how many of the 124 owners are actually on the blog? I only see the same 15 people commenting. Are we just assholes and 109 people are fine with the current state of the game? Are there really 124 owners of RAZA? Did John just never send blog invites to everyone else? Did the same people buy multiple games?

Where is everyone?! Something isn't adding up here.

#3225 9 years ago

Ok the blog says 46 followers. So almost 2/3 of the supposed owners aren't there....

#3370 9 years ago

An actual update just posted on the RAZA blog!

#3372 9 years ago

He also just posted a MG pic to Facebook...I'm impressed.
image.jpgimage.jpg

#3373 9 years ago

That ramp kind of looks like the one on STTNG.

#3412 9 years ago

There are officially 19 MGs paid in full at $15,995.

#3504 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Good things take time, but give me a break! He's not curing Cancer, it's just a damn pinball machine. I really don't know how some of you buyers do it. At this point, there is no way this game can live up to expectations.

Me neither, but F it.

The only way it can exceed my expectation is if it shows up on my doorstep.

#3523 9 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Notice the coats and the cassette in John's hand.

That looks like an iPhone to me.

#3687 9 years ago

Artwork update posted to the RAZA blog.

3 weeks later
#4058 9 years ago

RAZA blog was updated.

investor talks?!

#4066 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Moving off the blog to static html pages (Web 1.0) means just a way to avoid hearing from us.

And more importantly, a way to avoid giving owners a private forum to converse with each other. That's fine, it'll just end up publicly on Pinside instead.

#4178 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

GREAT question. WTF happened to that guy. The "great meetings" he blogged about. 5 months ago?

There is no account manager, no project manager, no vendor "extra muscle". There never was. I'm sick of his lies and excuses.

John can shove his final art reveal and his monkey topper video up his ass. There better be a video of a working pinball machine tomorrow by midnight.

#4257 9 years ago

Ice, how many people do we need to get together to form a "class"? I'm on board.

#4281 9 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

OK found it, but I'll stick with this, if your an owner and your not happy, I think it would have more impact to call him periodically and demand answers and hold him to what he says.

He will not take my calls. I've tried dozens of times. Voicemail always full too. He won't answer my emails either. I have 3 work email addresses, his personal email and his home ISP provided email and he won't answer those either. Sometimes I CC all of them. He will not respond to me on Twitter or Facebook either via comment or PM. What else am I supposed to do?

#4282 9 years ago

Update to the above post. An unnamed pinsider (thank you!) has helped doxx more contact info. I am now going to proceed blowing up that phone # too.

#4307 9 years ago

I'm for sending John a demand letter. After the expo debacle it seems the only way to get his attention is threats of lawyers getting involved. I think a strongly worded letter is a good first step.

If John is working night and day 7 days a week like he says he is, and I don't doubt it, we should be seeing more (any) progress.

#4314 9 years ago

John Carmack tweeted this, I thought it was applicable here too.JPOP.jpgJPOP.jpg

#4449 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Update: The secret group is posting naked pictures of Nikola Tesla and Popadiuk in a kiddy pool filled with jello.

You just said you weren't going to let it spill over to Pinside! Now everyone knows about the jello pics.

#4554 9 years ago

Can you guys see all of our comments on the blog? Is that all public too?

#4556 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There is a link from blog with more meat http://pinballinventor.org/games/magicgirl/preview/33/index.html
Dissapointed hat the "geometry and toys" link just links back to hand drawn art. I only care about the cool mechs.. Seems a bit light on that or is there a link I'm missing?

That's the link to the owners reveal site created in December. Except then only two of the icons were unlocked.

#4557 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

comments are there.

Not sure how I feel about that part. No big deal on the MG blog because it was dead but the RAZA blog is a different story. I guess Pinside loves drama so everyone will be in for a good read September to now.

#4754 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You know the Spurs should have won the championship two years ago against Miami. It was an unbelievable loss that game at Miami.
Should have, would have, could have.

...or giving the ball to the best running back in the league on the 1 yard line to win the Superbowl.

#4825 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

"Lying to customers is not the way I work, to make them go away for a while."

That apparently was a lie too.

#4849 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Isn't this how most projects go? You know like the manager pisses off all the staff or fires them, then gets way behind on all his work, makes up stuff about who's doing the work now and current progress, then his customers come in and do the work for him while he gets paid. Pretty standard stuff really, I see it all the time.

You seem to have a super awesome sense of passive aggressiveness and sarcasm. Please don't take that the wrong way. I'm impressed.

Are you by chance from or living in the pacific northwest?

1 week later
#5210 9 years ago

Does that mean he can't issue refunds or won't?

#5289 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After seeing this shit show play out with Kevin and SkitB and watching some people's douche baggery actions in this community it gives me great pause to go forward in trying to help out and be a good guy.
I think I'm going back to the sidelines, if it doesn't work out with John I can see myself only getting F ed further. I don't really care about the $$, I just hope we all get our pins asap.
I'm gonna try and have another conversation with John like I said tomorrow and implore him to get off his ass and communicate the truth and updates on his own.
After watching the "Mr. X" anonymous group work to uncover Kevin's fraud and then sit there silent for months while more money was wasted and time went by that could have given people time to get their refund from paypal within the 180 day period makes me sick.

FWIW I appreciate the effort you have put into getting answers from JPOP. We need more of this not less. I hope you reconsider. There may still be time to save this project from enountering the same fate as Predator by asking the tough questions and not accepting silence as an answer.

#5291 9 years ago

I'm not disagreeing. I just want to clarify the distinction in working for us to get our games out and working for JPOP. I don't consider Ice to be a JPOP insider.

You are 100% right that anything that happens is on John's shoulders. He has no one to blame but himself.

I have asked for a refund on both games which I believe I will never see. I may just walk away from pinball after this.

#5595 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Steve promised me he was going to specifically look into that. I haven't heard a response yet though.

Maybe Steve also look into my refund request. The one where john didn't send the refund, but instead said everything was coming along nicely and this game is his best work yet.

The dragons are coming, you just wait. They'll be here soon.

#5603 9 years ago
#5605 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I find it funny when people with pre-orders say this. No, the WORST possible scenario is you get nothing including your money back.

That's already the current scenario. And it's not funny.

#5655 9 years ago
Quoted from examiner:

"bunch of folks?". I'm sorry, I find this funny. Is anybody really on his side at this point?

No. I think the was lurking on Pinside and caught this within an hour.

#5736 9 years ago

I found this line interesting.

"We are a boutique interactive studio designing in the social-mobile space of today. Creating media for interactive games, handheld toys and full-size pinball machines is what we do."

1 week later
#6040 9 years ago

Illinois Attorney General Consumer Complaint On-Line Submission Form
https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

"If you’ve been victimized by fraud, deception, or unfair methods of competition, the Consumer Protection Division of the Illinois Attorney General’s office may be able to help. Although our attorneys cannot represent an individual in a lawsuit, our limited mediation program can assist in resolving disputes or complaints filed by individual consumers. Promptness in making a complaint decreases the likelihood that a fly-by-night operator will move, leave town, or go out of business before consumers can gain assistance."

#6046 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope we can move past the shit stain and stick a fork in it, I'm really f ing pissed off right now!

I'm ready to stick a fork in it too. This has taken years off my life and I'm sick of it.

John has repeatedly ignored my refund requests so I've just logged a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General. It takes less than five minutes. The last option on the form is to send a copy of the complaint to the business, yes please.
https://ccformsubmission.ilattorneygeneral.net/

#6048 9 years ago

Yeah I still have a ton of respect for the guys who fail but go down fighting, but John just buried his head in the sand. Unacceptable as a business owner, unacceptable as a man. I've lost all respect for someone I'm sorry to say I was once starstruck by when I first met.

#6268 9 years ago

I searched for Zidware on Linked In and it shows the company has 4 employees. One of which has the title of Software Engineer from Melbourne Australia. Does anyone know who this is? I'm wondering if this is the old one who left after he wasn't paid or if there's a new guy.

I don't have a premium account so I can't see any more info than that.

#6457 9 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You were JPOPPED on the 4th October 2015? In the future!
(What is it with you guys and your backwards dates lol next thing you'll be measuring things with antiquated methods divisable by 12 or something ... )
rd.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#6630 9 years ago

He closed the thread and deleted his original post. For the sake of archival here it is:

"After waiting all day for the mods to let me clarify some things in the JPOP thread, it seems I have to start a new one to explain a few things. I know that many of you won't care what I say and to those of you I ask you to keep an open mind. Here goes.
- I offered John help with PR starting in November to prepare for what I thought was a Magic Girl December reveal.
- I did a lot of work for John, mainly coming up with some creative launch ideas. The idea was to launch these pins in a way that was, well, more magical than the standard launch.
- There are many types of PR. (Event planning, media relations, issues and crisis, etc.). I am helping John primarily with media relations. But as you'll see from the plan, there's nothing to pitch until a game is ready to flip...which is why, like everyone else, I've been encouraging him to finish MG. John needs issues and crisis help more than anything right now. I gave him the same advice I give all my clients going through a crisis...Tell the truth and be 100% honest. I hope he does so soon.
- You may hate me on here, but I've got 15 years of media relations under my belt. Lots of you saying brining me on board is a new low for Zidware. Maybe in your eyes, but I think I've proven on many occasions I know how to get press. But this is not about me. I simply connect whoever I'm pitching to the media. If any of you know friends who work in PR, they'll tell you, it's a thankless profession.
- The WIRED exclusive is NOT a terrible thing. Not sure why Aurich is crapping on his own brother's at Conde Naste. The goal was to have Wired play it for the first time and then it would be at the following Expo. In an ideal world, I would time it so that the WIRED story would hit on a Wednesday/Thursday leading up to an expo. WIRED would also do a balanced story and they know very well about the frustrations associated with this pin. I told them it was the Chinese Democracy of pinball...it may be the best pin ever, if it comes out. That's what makes it an interesting story. And I don't spin shit when I pitch media, I tell it like it is.
- I am not paid by John. I am not employed by John. I do not speak for John. In fact I hardly ever talk to John. I'll tell you guys this...it's almost impossible to work with John at times. He's 100% into something and then I don't hear from him for 2 weeks when I need an immediate answer on something. But that's John.
- I'm truly sorry that I have rubbed many of you the wrong way. I'm definitely ashamed by some of my previous behavior. Definitely something I need to work on. But I respect this community and the love it has for one of the world's greatest hobbies.
- The plan you are about to see is just suggestions I put together for John. John has not committed to doing any of this. I had to block out many of the ideas because I still want to do them and that would ruin the surprise. This pin will market itself. I know that. You know that. And nobody gives a shit about it's marketing...they just want the pin. When, and IF a machine is ready, I do believe it deserves to be launched in a unique way. Nate over at Coast to Coast says it all the time...Pinball marketing is so old school it hurts. Just ripping off a sheet at an expo is not the way to go (all the time). That's not me shitting on Expo's guys, it's just me saying you could get a bit more original than that.
- I really hope everyone involved with this project gets their games in a timely manner. Healthy and happiness to all.
Chris"

#6970 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pretty sure John is registering cocktailpinball.com even as we speak.

He can add it to the 20 other domains he owns, started working on and then left unfinished. Like http://pinball1977.com/

#6972 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just curious... Is he still working on the Pussycat Bowlers pin?

by now he's probably moved on to something else.

#7000 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Aaron is all class, like Charlie, Ben, Andrew and even Aurich
John is not. He's taken a salary, lived off of our money while time just slipped away.
The lack of communication shows an utter disrespect for us, a total lack of character and self awareness
Pinball Jpop is finished it looks like. Nice legacy John, looks like you are following SkitB right out the back door

I sometimes forget that the pinball scene is such a small community. Even the people following this thread a just a microcosm of an already tiny community. There's probably a couple dozen people at most that even follows this train wreck. So I decided to take the conversation to him. He has a Pinball Inventor page on Facebook with around 1,500 followers that anyone can write on. If you tag John in your post it shows up on the feeds of everyone who follows it and all of his friends. I was surprised how many responses I got from people who had no idea this was happening.
JPOP where are you.JPGJPOP where are you.JPG

#7005 9 years ago
JPOP Missing.jpgJPOP Missing.jpg
#7008 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Taking it to Facebook can be effective. If I had an account I'd post as well. If nothing else, he doesn't get to just reap the adoration from the facebook fans without paying the price for treating his customers so poorly.

It's depressing that it has come to this.

#7011 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Can anyone confirm this is him? I'd guess yes. Looks like property taxes are behind...

jp.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Confirmed. Yes, it's him.

#7013 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Normally I'd redact that...but it is so pertinent I'm going to let it stay. Another mod may not agree as it does have personal identification info...however im exceedingly curious as this may blow up one major myth...that JPop's spouse is loaded and he does not need to draw a salary...

I'm fine with redacting to comply with Pinside policy. We know it's him, he registered his Godaddy domains under the same address. http://whois.domaintools.com/zidware.com

#7027 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't see the posting anymore, on your page or his. Did he force remove it, or did you?

I can still see it on mine.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pinball-Inventor/208420082535873?sk=posts_to_page

#7052 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

jpop_facebook_reply.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
jpop_sinistar.jpg

He is delusional.

#7062 9 years ago

The calm before the storm.

#7065 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Jpop just posted an email on RAZA blog.

Yeah, seriously not happy about some of his comments.

#7067 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

omg, he is seriously blaming pinside for all his troubles.

Yes.

2 weeks later
#8027 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, more that they're fooling themselves that keeping it secret and staying in Popaduik's good graces is somehow worthwhile, versus helping the owners.

What info are you expecting? There is none.

It should be obvious from all the owners venting here there's no info shared with us so none trickles to Pinside. John cuts off communication with anyone who asks him a difficult question. That's it. There's no secret info you guys aren't aware of. The magic girl blog is public, you know everything we know...as sad as it is, that's all there is.

#8044 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I didn't say a grandma with an iPad would be able to do it.

There's nothing worth taking.

#8289 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've tried to work with StevenP as much as I can and yet even the "inner circle" guy can't get through to him.
The reason John is in the position he is in right now is largely because nobody has been up his ass a few years ago when this thing started going off the rails!
You'd be surprised at how gentle and patient I can be Tiger. Yes I am passionate and can thrash around like a bull in a china shop when need be but I'm really just a laid back nice guy.
It's frustrating when you are close to the goal line and won't hand the ball off to Lynch for the Super Bowl win. Beast mode is called for right now

I'm obviously not a psychologist or anything but this is starting to seem more and more like mental illness. That would explain a lot. Like the disconnect from reality we've all noticed recently.

#8419 8 years ago

"The really good news is that I have created a super nice ramp system to work with our games. I am also able to fit in some new lighting for the playfield. I have been resisting just dropping in 2 plastic ramps as other folks do. That was good 15 years ago, time for innovation. We will try to get the patent app on this submitted in the next few months. Back to work! Jpop "

-January 22, 2013

That's why we don't have ramps. He's waiting on a patent?

#8423 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The more I read things like this the more it is sounding to me that criminal charges might have a chance to stick after all. Clearly, that statement above was a straight lie.

"We did a quick trailer with a new agency on Seattle for BHZA. turned out well so they will be jumping on magic girl visuals starting soon and we will create a trailer.

One more thing, as Steve Jobs would say.

Great news, super legendary pinball designer John Trudeau has joined our team to assist in everything pinball design as well. That’s right JT and JP!"

Btw Quantum was never contracted to do a video for MG either. So that's a lie within a lie. LIECEPTION.

#8479 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Is that block of machined aluminum paid for, or is he stealing it like he's done with so many other suppliers?

It was paid for.

#8657 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I was never provided info on where to go so looks like no eyes on the ground today at Jpop headquarters.

The Zidware mailing address is:
39 Sangra Court - Streamwood IL 60107
(Mods, this is prominently displayed on the website)

I'd like to know what you see. The more eyes and ears the better. Please be civil and polite but I see no problems with going to a business and asking questions as a future potential customer. I'd do the same thing if I went to Chicago and really wanted to see a tour of Stern and ask questions.

#8697 8 years ago

I think he means Seattle, NW Pinball Arcade Show.

#8799 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

There is a Pinsider named "deeproot"
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/deeproot
Same person?

Yes.

#8842 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

It was just the fully populated play field with Paper ramps..

I think I already sent it to him. Frolic, if you didn't get it let me know and I'll send it to you.

#8846 8 years ago

I didn't take the photo. It was just posted on the owners group forum only and I don't know if the original author wanted it on pinside or not. I know he reads this thread so I'll let him post it if he wants to.

Offered to forward to Frolic since he is an owner but isn't on the FB group.

#8980 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Or just someone with a bank roll, who loves pinball, & doesn't want to see all the pre-order people get screwed because JPop is a great designer, but shitty business man. If only there was someone like that... Or is there already?

If said person were to step up they would be a pinside hero for looking out for their fellow pinheads.

#9125 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

At this point, if you get a refund, put it in savings. A bankruptcy would likely claw back any refunds.

Is that even possible?

#9161 8 years ago

jackson_pop_corn.gifjackson_pop_corn.gif

#9162 8 years ago

jon-popcorn.gifjon-popcorn.gif

#9387 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

GET out now! Contact a lawyer immediately!
track down and talk to jon in person this holiday weekend!
Do something and do it quick!

What good will it do? Why is this even being discussed? You think if every owner files a lawsuit we will all get our money back? This only works if there is money left. What about John Popadiuks and the way he's operated his business makes you think there is ANY money left? The whole lawsuit thing is a nonstarter. May as well sue him for 3 billion, why settle for $30,000.

#9396 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had been hearing rumors of a deal to "save" the games and remove jpop. The motives behind it may have been OK, but the execution is a nightmare.
The hiding in the shadows, having John present the offer, the 2 for 1 Jpop Bucks, the 4 year "no sue", the 1 week contract, everything about it was a misfire. Based on that I have no faith in anything else.

Having John present the offer might have been the biggest misfire here. Everything that guy touches is toxic. Had it been presented from the new licensee as "I'm here to offer to cleanup John Popadiuks mess but I'm not doing it for free, these are the terms if you want my help to make something happen" the reception might have been different.

The deal is with the new licensee to determine if it's even worth their time to pursue this charity. Not John Popadiuk, Zidware is done and out of the picture. And I use the word charity because he could just as easily pick up the assets for pennies after John Popadiuk files for bankruptcy and we all walk away with squat while he makes the games we all paid for.

Is the deal perfect? No.
Is there a better alternative? I'm all ears...

#9406 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Pretty sure the better alternative is to make sure that JPop has the least wiggle room to get out of having his life ruined.

It already is at this point. He'll never be welcome at another show or get another job at a real pinball factory after this.

It's no longer about John Popadiuk. It's about the people with money on the line and the new investor and I'll take something over nothing anyday.

#9408 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Find an "investor" who actually would "invest" something. Inject some capital, finish those prototypes, show them. Handle refunds and build confidence that there is some real business stewardship in place.
Too bad there was no deal like that on the table.... like... ONE MONTH AGO.

No disagreement here man, John Popadiuk screwed us.

It's the kobayashi maru, but this is where we're at.

#9417 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I believe these options are the only way to make this right. The current solution is toxic and will leave people who are scared and hurt in the same position - scared and hurt.

I'd like it if the Licensee would reveal himself too.

Fully in agreement with you on the terms Greg. JPop will be filing for bankruptcy guaranteed if this fails and then someone else gets the assets and doesn't assume Zidware's obligation to us. We just don't have much (any) negotiation leverage that I can see. I can see it being much cheaper for the Licensee if we do reject the deal.

#9428 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

What if there is no investor? What if this is just a tactic to stall and maintain the long con for another 4 years and another million?

I think you're giving John Popadiuk a little too much credit.

#9483 8 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

I have opened an new thread, not to compete in any way with this one (as it is really interesting). The purpose of the newer thread is simply to find out what other customers of Zidware are thinking f doing regarding this new situation. Please only contribute to the new thread if you HAVE purchased or deposited on a game and want to know what the other customers are thinking of doing.
I dont want this to cause any confusion, but I do want to know what percentage of buyers are willing to invest more money in the possibility that they will eventually receive a game.
Thanks!
Rob

We already have an owners group on FB for that.

#9488 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I believe I stated option 3 a few times
Don't misrepresent what I'm saying
Walking away certainly will be the best option for many

I still don't see why walking away would be a better option than just checking the box that says you'll buy RAZA or AIW when it's ready at 1. You can always walk away later. That's what I'm doing, there's a better chance the new guy makes RAZA than JPOP ever had.

#9506 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Because you are signing away your rights to litigation AND getting your hopes up all over again.
The idea is too dumb to be believed.

I guess that's true if you are expecting litigation to save you. I have zero faith in the American legal system, less than JPOP actually.

#9509 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Because JPOP walks if you sign. I'd rather he burn with bankruptcy.

We burn too.

#9525 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Iceman stop digging yourself a hole. Do the community a favor and drain the thread because all you are doing right now is poking a hornet's nest.

He's an owner, using your analogy he's a hornet.

#9549 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

you don't even know who the new guy is!!
i guess some people are just destined to be taken advantage of.

Don't tell me who I know and who I don't. I know who the new guy is and it's not my place to "out" him. He can step forward when he wants.

#9653 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How can anyone sling bs his way when no one knows who he is?

#9659 8 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

For now, those who know, know. We would love to share the EOI of what could have been, and *promise* to do so at the appropriate time. Right now, we are not comfortable doing so as it would play in to Popadiuk and Marsh's scheme to provoke us into offering up a 'tortious interference with a prospective business' claim on a silver platter. We'd rather let this play out and see what happens first. Please do not PM us. We will not discuss the matter any further.
RJM dT/dP

Didn't you just try to raise 6M for a new pinball division? It sounds like you didn't have the capital to take on this venture in the first place?

#9672 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Man, I missed the real crap show overnight.
Anyway, forget the deal - everyone agrees it reeks and isn't worth the paper it's printed on. How bad it sucks doesn't even phase me.
What really has my head spinning is all the people still playing the secrets game. People who have previously *said*, in *this* thread, how much they hate the secrecy and how secrecy is what allowed this fiasco to get to this point.
I am *amazed* that people like ChrisVW and Iceman *wouldn't* out this mystery person because they have both stated the above many times! Basically they are total hypocrites.
Please explain how keeping secrets benefits you, because it certainly doesn't benefit all the other owners. There must be some reason. Are you under NDA? Did you cross your heart and hope to die if you told? Or is it more like the Insiders Club membership fee? If you told you wouldn't get super exclusive access to privileged info?
Because if that's the reason, that's bullcrap. And lame.

No one told me who he was, I didn't pinky swear to John Popadiuk I wouldn't tell, I figured it out on my own. It's not my responsibility or obligation to "out" anyone. If the licensee wants to step forward he can, he's a big boy. I assume he hasn't already for good reason and I can respect that.

So there's no confusion I'm not in John Popadiuk's inner secret circle at all. The dude won't even return my emails or answer the phone for me because I called him out on his BS when he lied to me, if you want proof check his Facebook page. No one could be further from the inner circle than me.

#9679 8 years ago
#9722 8 years ago

Fattrain is not daddy warbucks.

#9725 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why is it all these people know who it isn't, but won't say who it is??

How else are we gonna get this thread to 10k by tonight?

#9762 8 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Anyone following this thread?

Of course. 2 pins self transport gets you a free weekend pass! It's going to be a great show. I'll be there all 3 days.

#9768 8 years ago

jflop is a new one.

#10577 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Keep in mind that pintasia has been helping cook the books and evaporate assets for 2 months

Do you have any actual evidence of this or just spreading FUD? This is seriously not cool if you don't.

#10579 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, I spoke with Bill. We had a good chat. I am not agreeing to anything, or signing anything. I will weigh all options. John still owes me my money or a machine and I will take whatever action I feel about it.
Having said that... I told him we NEED John publicly shamed. If he doesn't want us to sue to destroy him, out of pure spite, which is what I'm feeling, then this is what I want:
John should NOT be allowed to stand beside Magic Girl at this NW show. He should not be given an hour to talk about. He should be denied his "lebowski" moment.
I want my "pound of flesh" and I know this will hurt John in the best way possible. He gets zero time standing there hearing people oooh and awww over the game.
He has lost that privilege. He's freaking lucky he's being spared the shame of bankruptcy by Bill's deal (if it works out).
Bill seems to think he needs John to demo the game and talk about it. I think that can be done by many capable people. And if the game can't be demoed properly without an "expert" standing there, then the game is probably in big trouble anyways.
I feel very strongly that if I see John standing beside that machine will set me over the edge. There needs to be a bit of theater demonstrating in a very visible way that John has lost his baby and is paying penance for his years of lies and deceit.

I'll go one step further and say it wouldn't upset me any if Zidware's name was removed from the pin completely and replaced with Pintasia's name and logo. That name is toxic now.

#10580 8 years ago
Quoted from joestro78:

You want a man with a slow hand; you want a lover with an easy touch.

No one even acknowledged your Conway Twitty reference?! Have an upvote from me.

#12051 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Re: Illinois attorney general complaint.... It does get results, many stories of successful cases, either resolved pre or post court date, from a competent group of people who do protect the people.

I've fallen about 50 pages behind so my apologies if this has been covered, I may never catch up at this rate. But I exhausted this avenue after the botched December 17th reveal. I filed the claim, I uploaded about 20 documents. I received several letters over the course of the last 5 or 6 months but ultimately they sent a letter about two weeks ago that said all my documents had been sent to zidware as they will be preparing a settlement offer and to accept any settlement they offer. And they will not represent individuals in civil disputes.

basically they forwarded the complaint to JPOP and to accept any offer he makes because they won't help. Go ahead and file the complaint but if you're just doing it to make yourself feel better try Jack Daniels instead.

#12174 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Useful information- thank you. That rules out the consumer complaint strategy IMO.
After a lot of thought and research, I've now decided to join the class action lawsuit against Zidware/Mr & Mrs Popadiuk. If you want to join it too, here are the details:
___
I am aware that the office of attorney Zane Smith has been contacted by a significant number of persons who have placed deposits or deposited monies with Zidware. His office is handling these claims on an individual basis but grouping them together in the lawsuit currently pending in Cook County Circuit Court in Chicago Illinois. They are taking these cases with a $500.00 nonrefundable retainer and a 25% contingency basis [i.e. you pay $500 only, and they take 25% of any judgments etc later].
Contact details:
Zane D. Smith
Zane D. Smith & Associates, Ltd.
415 N.LaSalle – Suite 501
Chicago, Illinois 60654
(312) 245-0031
(312) 245-0022 – Fax
[email protected]
___
Go for it, guys! It may likely lead to nothing financially, but IMO it's the right thing to do, and the best of a lousy set of options for vaporware 'owners'. TBH I find it hard to believe that this is where the MG/RAZA 'journey' has ended, but it's the reality and we have to deal with it. Time for action.

Thanks for the offer man but I will just take my chances. Take a portion of that $500 and go to Chicago and see for yourself there's no money. He's been paying himself a big fat salary worthy of a legendary PINBALL INVENTOR and countless 304 stainless samples he's been dragging around to shows, he's customized every single part on the game. Coupled with cash burn...ugh. Have you guys not been paying attention to the way he has been running his business these last 4 years?

I'd be out another $500 then hope to recoup 75% of 1/200th of zero dollars. No thanks.

The lawyers will pocket 100 grand of your money...easy. From you! That's why they are taking your case. Not because they are good guys. If you are lucky you might see $200. If by some luck there was anything left you better believe john is spending it on his legal defense now. It's a lose-lose.

Good luck to you.

#12196 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So you'd rather not sue JPop and just let him escape any consequences at all from taking your money and squandering it?
You want him to just be able to take whatever money he got from Pintasia after he knew he couldn't make your pin and not have any liability for doing so? You'd be letting him off the hook.
All because you might lose $500.00 (at most) by going after him for the money he took?
Is it because you genuinely believe that Pintasia is going to give you all of your money back, and they won't do that if you sue JPop?

No that's not it at all, I don't want to let JPOP off the hook, I just don't want throw any more money at him or his cause at all. Especially with no chance of recovering any back. We aren't talking about criminal charges here. If they find a way to make those charges stick then by all means get him on the hook if lawyers can prove he was fraudulent. I'm just not willing to invest another $500 in JPOP in any way shape or form.

Sue him if you want revenge or it makes you feel better but anyone who thinks they are getting a 75% refund by throwing $500 at a lawyer is just going to learn a $500 lesson.

I'd rather spend that money on another Color DMD and support someone who does good for the community. In fact, I think I will.

#12201 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm confident that JPop hopes that all buyers think like you do.

You're right. I think we are talking past each other here. I agree with you JPOP doesn't want to get sued. No ones disagreeing with that.

I just refuse to expend 1 more dollar or calorie thinking about what JPOP needs, wants, says or does.
I'm DONE with him.

Quoted from RobT:

Just JPop sailing off into the sunset with no worries in the world.

Yup, he can Fornicate himself right off the face of the planet for all I care, and he can take Jay Cutler with him.

#12238 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Jpop is not going to get away with this scot free. The money is only partly why we're litigating... What Jpop has done is appalling! I think we're all aware what the chances are of recouping our money from this gentleman.
I may have lost $20k, but I can live without it. Never invest what you can't afford, and all that. But it also raises the point- having lost $20,000 thanks to Mr Popadiuk, why would I give a toss about another $500 loss?
To paraphrase Mick Jagger- "I wanna get some satisfaction". Bring it on.

What's your Magic Girl serial number?

#12413 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

There is no "if" about Zidware going belly up. Only when. And that is soon.

Really? You haven't mentioned it before so that's news to me. That would mean lots of vendors (yeti, cointaker, glm, applejuice) and customers(YOU) get nothing or next to nothing. Well at least you aren't gloating about it.

#12463 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

There's 100 percent chance Zidware is going belly up. He pulled Facebook and his website. Lawsuits are filled. Do you think he will win the lawsuit?

It's not black and white, it's a complicated situation. He will not win the lawsuit, no. The plaintiffs won't "win" either. Just getting sick of reading the same "zidware is going bankrupt, stop denying it" and "call Zane smith if you don't believe" crap non stop. No one is denying he's going bankrupt. I figured he was going bankrupt when it was posted multiple times on every one of the last 30 pages.

I don't want to rain on the schottenfreude party here though. So carry on...

#12465 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I won't ever mention it again and apologize for saying it what was clearly at least one too many times. I should be more sensitive to the other victims.

Sorry Rommy, I did not mean to address that toward you personally. More anger at the way Pinside is reacting as a whole. Again, my apologies. Not directed specifically at you. Didn't mean to single you out.

#12711 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I throw another bet into the scenario. I'lll wager that Zaney's can't recover a DIME from Jpoop to be distributed to anybody.
I'll take a case of beer against ANYBODY that can prove a dime of recovery from Zaney!

If anyone wants to be represented by the Fictional Internet Law Office of Iceman and ChrisVW, you can PayPal us our $500 fee. We guarantee an immediate $250 settlement... payable immediately. You'll get $250 more than you'll likely get from that other lawyer and you can feel like a big shot that "stuck it to the man" jpop. Tell jpop you mean business by sending us $500!

As I learned watching daytime TV, this is a limited time offer, so you must contact us immediately to qualify.

WE DONT GET PAID UNLESS YOU GET PAID! Call now!

</SATIRE>

#12712 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

It doesn't mean a thing? - it sure doesn't sound like it... because you keep filling my inbox with this kind of crap:
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 12.45.30 AM.png
What's wrong with you?
"Confront you man to man?" lolwut?
You *DO* understand that I cant just come out the playground at recess right? You know, because we're like 1400 miles away from each other? Oh yeah... and (theoretically) we're both adults....
Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Isn't publishing PMs a big no-no? I'd delete that.

#12821 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

» YouTube video
It always sounded like BS

His spirit animal isn't a squirrel, it's a chameleon.

#13064 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

» YouTube video

I can hear you crying Bitch! He spends all day print banners that say ZAP!

I can't breathe. You nailed it man...

You should have mentioned Space Mission-X at the end.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
322 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ChrisVW. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChrisVW.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=ChrisVW and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.