(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'm selling my RAZA spot if anyone wants it?
Tired of the wait and want a TBL badly.

If I promise to send you the money with the same timeliness that you promise that I'll receive the game, can we strike a bargain?

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Overphase:

image.jpg 241 KB

That maybe true but holy ___ -that's a sweet looking cabinet!

#359 9 years ago

if this is for real, and that back glass has to be redone...
wow. -and not in a good way.

#453 9 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Deadlines are for companies that have:
-big overhead
-time limits on licenses
-a primary goal of profit.
JPOP is making custom pinball machines,
therefor the "deadline" is dictated by to me more so by:
the flow of creativity
how long it takes to make playfields (couldn't just have a pre-existing maker do them)
making cabinets (new style)
coding from scratch?
building a team from scratch?
basically developing it all from scratch.
My only critique would be more updates and to sell merch more when possible.

I appreciate that your primary concern is the quality of the pin, so if it takes time, so be it -BUT...
like everything else, JPOP has overhead. Not high overhead, but everything costs money month after month.
With a limited number of games being produced, my concern is whether he'll run out of cash flow before he gets all these games made.

#523 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Best wishes to anyone with an order.
It's all about the journey.

meanwhile, enjoy some music
» YouTube video

Expo 307.JPG 180 KB

Expo 288.JPG 289 KB

"Protoype Cabinet -DO Not Move" sticker...
-or what; you might damage the contents?
lol

1 month later
#1583 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

??? I gather we approach business and relationships differently.
Aaron
FAST Pinball
PS: if it puts you at ease, I would have no problem sharing with all of you what I saw at John's workspace if I found him stuffing cash into trunks preparing to make a run to the border. But I assure you (and feel it is all right for me to say) that this was not what I saw.

So you're saying the money's all spent?

#1691 9 years ago

Could you take on a project like WOOLY without requiring massive up front payments?
This is one project that I think would sell big numbers if we could literally call in an order, charge the credit card, and watch the tracking number vs the current: send in the cash and hope to God that this pin doesn't follow the same fate that many of the other boutique companies are putting people through.

#1806 9 years ago

Let's say that MG turns out to be simply unbelievable and people are lining up to get one...
John's going to say "No"? Like he doesn't need more cash? At the very least, more cash could afford him to hire someone else to do some of the real work, while he does what he wants in "artistic inventor-world".

#1840 9 years ago

So, ummm...
What happens to the cash you've paid if you decide not to give him the next payment?

Does John figure he'll be keeping all cash from the cancellations?
Pretty sweet scam. Maybe not initially planned but may be how this ends for some.

Good luck guys.

#1946 9 years ago

Next time you guys get a letter asking for money, draw a picture of some hundred dollar bills and send it to him.

#1972 9 years ago

Maybe he pulled another translite-reveal; posted a 1 hour "making of" video with gameplay and full rules breakdown, but pulled it down the moment he saw someone log on his website?

#2424 9 years ago

If there was a guarantee that you'd either get the pin, or your money back, even without a deadline, I'll bet there would be a lot more potential buyers.

#2453 9 years ago

Mark my words:
Magic Girl -the best game never built!

#2527 9 years ago

Cashflow is 100%

#2584 9 years ago

How many of you guys would be really angry if he announced that Magic Girl would be produced to anyone who could afford one?
Cause I can't imagine this being completed unless he opens it up to all and sells a whole lot more.
-and would likely only be able to get them sold by using an investors money, as I don't think anyone else will be sending in cash after reading all these posts.

#2698 9 years ago

Can we not kidnap JPop and force him to design games at Stern or JJP?
It friggin pains me to look at how awesomely cool the pics are, knowing I'll probably never get one of these in my place for all of the previously mentioned concerns/reasons.

#2722 9 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have read the entire thread and the 3 others started prior. This saga has been going on for what seems like forever and I have been trying to wake you guys up for years. Answer me a few questions......Did you ask for a refund? Did you try and sell your spot? Did you pay JPOP a visit with a pair of scissors and threaten to cut off his long, lovely, locks of hair if he didn't give you your money back? What ever happened to real men? Sorry for your loss guys, I really am, but at this point, it's on you.

I don't believe that anyone was ever given a refund without another buyer to take their place.
The same number of enthusiasts would be in this very same position, no matter who they are/would be.
These believers are the best part of pinball. They have proven that they love the hobby enough to take a very expensive risk.
Blaming them is not the right thing to do.
"I told you so" has never been a smart tactic FWIW.

1 month later
#3805 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Dude, you "got it done". No apologies. Learn and make things better, but I believe on that particular game it needed to be a one man show. Kept costs low and never had to wait for someone else. It will forever be the first boutique pinball release. A historic accomplishment.

Totally agree. Of course with the first one under his belt, Ben can look at the things that can be improved upon and tweak the next one(s).
I'm a sucker for nice playfield art. If Jpop's artist had done the PF for AMH, I'll bet shallow people like me would have bought one!

Ben: keep up the great work!

1 month later
#4717 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So, whatever people have flipped in his shop, that is "90%" done, is being driven by boards that won't be used and will be junked?
And just like all the art revisions that got thrown out, all the work done on boards and programming will be thrown to the dust bin to start over with?
And people want to pretend this will be done anytime soon?

Yes, you're correct. Additionally, StevenP is chuckling that others like you, are doubtful.
: )

#4980 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The only ones that really matter are the ones invested . This community bullshit is a fn joke!!
If you can take the time to chime take one more moment to update your info.

Unless you also consider those of us who aren't on the buyers list, but are watching from the sidelines.
All together, we have a ton of cash for potential future projects.
What has already been done on these 2 pins looks incredible and I would be lying if I said I didn't want one.
At this point though, things are way too nuts to even think about sending in money.

1 week later
#5792 9 years ago

Hey John,
If you're reading this, I want you to know something:
I love your previous games.
The new titles you're working on look outstanding. So long as the rules are decent, I'd probably buy one.
IF I could get one cash-and-carry.
With the nearly non-existent communication style you've shown your supporters, you have single-handedly destroyed all trust anyone will ever have in you. I expect that NOBODY will be sending you more money until you have a fully operational machine.
If you are currently unable to complete at least Magic Girl without another injection of cash, you really ought to come clean. Dragging this on and on is completely unfair for those who have funded your way of life for the past 3-4 years.
It's WAY overdue to man-up, come clean with the state that everything is at, and either fold, or accept help (yes, giving up some control) in order to get this done.
One of your buyers referred to himself recently as an "idiot" for sending you money.
I hope that's not lost on you.
There is NOTHING less respectful you can do than ignore these buyers. Even admitting that things didn't go as planned is a much better solution. At the very least, there's some respect in that.

I would love the opportunity to pay for one of these one day and then cart it home from my local distributor. I hope you can make this work.

2 weeks later
#6556 9 years ago

Hmmm... Kaneda's Wired article started out about a guy who loved games and then quickly turned to a story about a guy who picked games over a girl, got dumped, and owns ninja turtle bedsheets.

If they do a similar story on Jpop, about an artist making pinball machines... How do you think this one might end?

Could be the stake into the heart of this pre-book-cash-sucking vampire once and for all.

I'd read the article, that's for certain.

#6587 9 years ago

How is it that the one guy who's into Public Relations is one of the least liked people on this website?
(Things that make you go "Hmmmmm"...)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chambahz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=Chambahz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.