(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8892 8 years ago

Didn't John apply for a patent concerning a pinball "rolling-up" and/or somehow interacting with the LCD screen in the back of the cabinet? I remember seeing postings about that here on Pinside a long time ago, and I assumed John planned on using that idea on MG. So far, I haven't seen anything that would indicate he's using that idea on MG after all. Maybe he was saving it for RAZA or AIW or perhaps P3 put an end to that idea altogether? Then again, maybe the idea was to implement it on the Pussycat Bowling pin? Well, that could actually make sense! Shoot the ball up a curved/clear ramp which overlays the LCD screen in the back of the cabinet. You would use the pinball to "bowl" at virtual bowling pins displayed on the LCD screen?

Whatever the case, John needs to focus on a "complete" flipping MG and nothing else at this point. Whether that will make any difference this late into the fiasco, I'm not sure. This whole mess is so discouraging, but I hold out hope anyone who has sent JPop money will somehow end up with a pin in the end.

#8899 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Upside down version of Safe Cracker spinner blocking ramp shot possibly when it's stopped

I was wondering what the heck was going on with that post in front of the ramp entrance!?! The "upside down version of the Safe Cracker spinner" might just explain what's going on there...Good Eye!

#10039 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

http://biblepinball.org

Never say an idea, even a bad one, in front of Jpop

Haha...I had forgotten about that odd JPop link!

NOTE: I'm not bashing on anyone's religion or even lack thereof. FWIW, I'm a Christian, but come on! A Bible/Creation Pinball is a terrible idea for a pin. That an obviously joke pinball idea by Ben Heck might have been "borrowed" by JPop with what seems like intentions to make it actually happen????? Wow, just WOW!

#10053 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think that is what the underestimation may be here

No better option than who is trying to pull it off

But 16k for any pin? How is that gonna work?

I think it's a great effort to salvage but it might be over. Sorry guys

That's been the hardest part of all of this for me to imagine happening...selling 200 MGs at $16,000 each. The final product would have to be mind-blowing beyond ANYTHING we've ever seen in the pinball industry, and gameplay would have to be fantastic as well which is still a major unknown. Admittedly, we haven't seen the "final" MG product, but what we've seen so far doesn't seem to justify $16K unless only a tiny amount of MGs were ever produced and were collector's items. With the possibility of 200 LE MGs and unlimited regular version MGs being produced, I'm having a hard time seeing this will work. I hope it does, and I hope everything works out for anyone with money involved and/or those who might want to purchase a MG/RAZA/AIW down the line.

Hmmm...even if the "angel investor" changed plans and just sold one MG version (the LE version at a $10-12,000 price range), is there enough demand for 200+ machines? I'm not sure. That ever-elusive, fully-functional, flipping, MG whitewood better be VERY impressive.

#10063 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

knowing how he thinks, it's possible

That's a VERY filthy keypad area!

#10067 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

$16k will buy you both a Hobbit AND Pat Lawlor's ORIGINAL themed game... IN LESS TIME for delivery for BOTH machines.

There is no market for hundreds of $16k machines. The limited nature drove the sales that were there. Silly to think you can just run hundreds more at the same price.

Yes, as much as I would love this new plan to work out for everyone, I'm afraid that $16k price is a deal breaker. If MG production is essentially going to be unlimited in the future, I think the price of MG needs to drop significantly from the original $16K price to make it competitive with other new pins in the current market. What to do with the already paid-in-full MG "owners", I don't know? It's a terrible situation for which JPop gets all of the blame. Heck, if you start to consider the Time Value of Money wasted on this whole deal from where it started, to now, to what still is needed, and to "IF" this can even be completed in the future with the best of intentions...UGH, my head hurts.

#10086 8 years ago

Well, we're partway though the Memorial Day weekend here in the States, but we still have no details on the Angel Investor(s) and his/their detailed plans concerning JPop. I hope for everyone's sake, the alluded to "more details coming this weekend" will actually arrive soon. I'm not sure what the true motivations of the Angel Investors are at this point, but if you (The Angel Investors) are truly doing this with a benevolent attitude, then God bless you. Oh, the $#!tstorm you must be dealing with right now must suck. That's what seems to happen to anyone who gets close to Jpop. I don't envy you! I hope it all works out for the best for EVERYONE in the end.

#10564 8 years ago

There are lots of new replies to this thread since I checked in earlier today. I haven't had time to read the next 40+ newest posts (probably even more by the time I submit this), but I eventually will read them all just like the 10,000+ before. It's a terrible train wreck, but I can't look away. WOW, this whole saga blows my mind! Hollywood could never come up with such a convoluted story...much less try to pass it off as "real". Yet, here we are!

I don't have any skin in the JPop game, but I've watched it from the sidelines from when it first started, and I have a huge passion for pinball going back to my early days in the 70s and pins going back before that. Heck , I really like JPop's games. (Well, SW EP1 was mostly awful.) With that being said, my heart goes out to everyone who has been screwed over by JPop (as well as Skit-B, Bumper, Wayne, Vonnie D, etc.) Those kinds of things hurt everyone in the hobby.

After reading the previous posts in this thread, I keep feeling even more pissed off for all of my fellow pinheads who are stuck in this colossal mess!

With all of that being taken into consideration, here is an outsider's opinion:
I think the best thing to do right now is to give the situation one more month to get detailed info before letting all Hell break loose on John. I don't recognize any of the Pintasia people at all (maybe that's just me being mostly a nobody, but maybe others know them?), but I still say "give them one month to show/prove themselves". After that, if you're still unsatisfied, then go full-speed-ahead with whatever you were already planning to do!

#10987 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

The machines still need to be made. If all the money was spent on "design", what's left for manufacturing? The lion's share of the expenses? This is the 800 pound gorilla in the room nobody's talking about.

If they're asking for another eight grand per person to fund the production, and there's only 17 people involved, how is this machine going to be made? Jersey Jack had 1000 pre-orders and still had to dip into his pockets to get WOZ made.

I think you have a valid point. With that being said, somewhere back in the comments, I think it was Ice who said the WC guy was putting in $1,000,000 of his own money to get the machines produced. I'm not sure if that was ever confirmed by WC/Pintasia, though. Hopefully, I'm remembering this correctly?

#11190 8 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

This is how the prototype looked in my office before stopping work:
IMG_2542.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
Notice i was using an old stern cab to house it. Think this was taken when i was testing switches after installing the hand made ramps i got on my 4th usa trip in march 2014

Wow, that's VERY interesting to see! Thanks for posting that. I assume that was a "flippable" whitewood, right? That's what everyone had been asking to see for so long. I can't help but wonder how things might be different at this point, if John had just dropped the idiotic secrecy and showed a picture like that along with some video of it flipping back in March of 2014.

#11299 8 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Maybe Rick gets a full head of steam (already has a big head full of......) I KID!!!!
We need someone to ramp up real production. Not this trickle of one-off game stuff. Someone to compete with Gary straight up. I just don't see it happening. Not unless one of the game companies with huge pockets decides that there is profit in pinball now.

Heighway?

4 months later
#18203 8 years ago

Fill in the JPop bubble:

JPop_bubble.jpgJPop_bubble.jpg

#18229 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Don't fall in love.

She will chew you up and puke you out.

It sounds like she's a beauty and/or a maneater!

1 week later
#18275 8 years ago

La_La_Land.jpgLa_La_Land.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CaptK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=CaptK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.