(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21857 7 years ago

Good lord you guys just can't get enough of bashing Kaneda, can you? Regardless of him being banned, he still has a presence here because people keep bringing him up. If people think he craves so much attention, then why do they keep giving it to him? He's been banned for over a year and yet people still aren't happy.

If anyone else had done a review of this game or posted videos, everyone would be singing their praises, regardless of how they thought the game shot. But instead, since he was the one that gave everyone a first-look at the game, he still sucks and the game is even more awful because of it? I thought he did a pretty damn good job giving an unbiased, professional look at the game - more than any we have gotten of it in the past 5 years. I understand why people don't like him and why he was banned, but come on... At least be a little appreciative that he gave everyone a great look at the current state of the game. If you don't like him, then don't listen to his podcast or watch the videos. Your choice.

In regards to the game, not only does it really look beautiful, but I personally think it is still possible for it to be brought up to it's fullest potential. It seems like a lot of it is "there" and, granted, for the price tag and delays, it shouldn't have to be finished by the owners, but it does look like there is a great game somewhere in that machine. You can just see the potential and I strongly applaud the wonderful efforts of ZombieYeti, Matt Andrews, Applejuice, and all of the other artists that had a hand in getting it this far! It's a shame that so much was derailed and mismanaged by John, but it's hard to deny that the game could have been (and still could be) something really cool!

#21867 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I think there is a difference between 'bashing' and a little bit of light banter. Especially as he seems like a guy who takes it in his stride and hams it up.
This is the trouble with the internet - so many inferences, many which are miles out.
I have enjoyed watching his MG videos and sometimes listen to the occasional podcast. Anybody who promotes themselves this heavily will receive positive and negative attention - it just goes with the territory.
In reality, in real life, many on here would probably have a drink with him at shows. But, this is the internet

Fair enough. Whether it's bashing or light banter, I still stand by the fact that if it was anyone else who provided this info, commentary, video, etc., no one would have anything negative to say about that person like folks have about Kaneda. He's just the messenger and people are still shooting at him...

I mean, they won't even allow his videos to be posted (which is totally relevant to this thread and on-topic) and I certainly didn't find them to be self-promoting. He was honest and upfront about the game and kept the focus there. Like I said, professional.

#21875 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not the people bashing him giving him attention. he spent thousands of dollars and a fair amount of effort pretty much for the sole purpose of getting himself mentioned on Pinside. it wasn't bashers who brought him to the forefront of this conversation, it was people posting his videos and freaking praising him for indulging in his own narcissism. and make no mistake, in case anyone has forgotten, he is a dopey dim bulb, a textbook narcissist, and a serial liar.

Wow, you honestly think that he spent upwards of 16k just for attention on Pinside? You don't think it had anything to do with the fact that he genuinely was interested in the game and liked it for the artistry and the story? You don't think that perhaps he took the risk and bought someone's spot because he had inside information months ago that AP was getting involved and might actually make shipping the games a reality?

You're making narcissism out to be a lot more influential than it might actually be in this case. He's been a long-time fan of John's work on previous machines and has said that many times. Maybe he just wanted in on John's rarest game when the chance came up and he thought it might actually see the light of day and worth the risk...

#21879 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That's because you apparently don't know the HISTORY of this character and the forum. It has nothing to do with these new videos. There's a reason he's been blocked from every pinball/arcade forum...not just this one.
I know like most people here you just want to POST for posting sake but there is a reason they have this policy towards the guy (or anybody that behaved as he had). The site's founder tried to explain it earlier but hey... let's just keep endlessly posting about the same issue.
Personally it bores me...as it did a year ago.

Yeah, I actually am WELL aware of the history. The time that I have been on Pinside isn't reflective of how long I've been around the hobby. I also know about why Robin won't let him back on. I don't have any issues with any of that and agree that the horse has been beaten dead on that topic.

I was just making a point that it's pretty childish for people to continuously bash someone who isn't even an active member of this community and happened to provide a professional look at a machine hardly anyone has seen or will see in person.

#21889 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

haha, yes. absolutely. hell, he spent $60k on a Hellcat for more or less the same purpose.

Haha yeah I know about that story too. Honestly though, it shouldn't matter to anyone what he does with his own money. He earned it.

In the case of Magic Girl, we should all just be glad we got a chance to see it in more detail and hope that it gets fleshed out more over time. It would at least be a little bit of a brighter end to a miserable journey for some people. I just also hope that ZY and Applejuice as well as the AIW and RAZA buyers could be made whole somehow one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BD_Designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=BD_Designs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.