(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 491.
#3901 9 years ago

What, no photos?

You should hold Popaduik to the same standard as Jack and Rick!

#3902 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

What, no photos?
You should hold Popaduik to the same standard as Jack and Rick!

If I had blog access you know I'd be posting them.

#3903 9 years ago

I was hoping your crusade in the PPS threads would migrate over here!

#3904 9 years ago

JPop_Cabs.pngJPop_Cabs.png
#3905 9 years ago

MG Cab looks sick

#3906 9 years ago

damn it John, why did you spend soooo much time on the art!

#3907 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I agree. I think it is the better of the 2 cabinets.

I still think he RAZA cabinet will look awesome with the reactor glowing thru the side window!

#3908 9 years ago

Can you imagine a world where 2 months ago we thought it was the end for everybody and instead all these guys start cranking out machines. Whoop!

#3909 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Can you imagine a world where 2 months ago we thought it was the end for everybody and instead all these guys start cranking out machines. Whoop!

Sounds great to me, but I'm going to wait until I see pics of machines in people's houses before I start celebrating Zidware, DP, Skit B or anyone else.

#3910 9 years ago

What factory is this at? JJp? That mega awesome if things are getting ready to roll out!

#3912 9 years ago

Those cabs are giving me a happy tingly feeling down low... just saying "Shaaawing"

#3913 9 years ago

My feeling is more towards those 2 cabs becoming the "Lebowski Effect Playin' Protos".

#3914 9 years ago

Not exactly a production line, but if I was in on these games that pic would make me a little more optimistic on my chances of getting a pin.

#3915 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Not exactly a production line, but if I was in on these games that pic would make me a little more optimistic on my chances of getting a pin.

Amen to that.....

#3916 9 years ago

A few more pics....

cab4.jpgcab4.jpgcab1.jpgcab1.jpg

#3917 9 years ago

playfield_type_comp2.jpgplayfield_type_comp2.jpg

#3918 9 years ago

Hmm... very cool looking cabinets... not to be a debbie downer (I'd love to be on a MG and AIW if I was more confident they were actually going to be delivered some time soon)
but who knows when these pics were taken... last year? 2 years ago?... T-shirts on in a Chicago area unheated facility in the dead of winter?..

Would be nice to see more of a finished product..

#3919 9 years ago

Yeah it would be nice to see more than the same cabinets that probably went to the show. But that space looks ready to bang a bunch out.

#3920 9 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

T-shirts on in a Chicago area unheated facility in the dead of winter?..

Columbo is on the case! "Oh, and one more thing Jpop, where exactly were you the night of Sunday the 3rd?"

#3921 9 years ago

3 cheers for bringing nipples back into pinball! Helen had to do it because Luci couldn't!

I think it's funny to watch the things change. Godzilla grew some more arms, and a horn and a tongue, and the Mars Attacks! guys got new eyes and ears. But Robbie the Robot hasn't had a makeover.

Still, looks like you're getting steady updates now, even if it's more empty cabs and art. Keep it coming and eventually you'll get some real meat. I'm pulling for you all!

#3922 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But Robbie the Robot hasn't had a makeover.

Cause he's a 'robot'..

#3923 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still, looks like you're getting steady updates now, even if it's more empty cabs and art.

The blog has gotten an update or so a week since it started. Usually of cabs or art .

I just hope after all this protracted waiting, that whenever we see a flipping game it is REALLY far along. Basic flipping at this point would be another kick in the nuts. Speaks to the problem again that we have no idea where things are and what is left to do.

#3924 9 years ago

Still nothing but art in the reveals. One can only wish he'd spend as much time on the game play.

#3925 9 years ago

Jetstar is an airline in Australia, part of QANTAS, they may have a problem with 'ride the jetstar'

#3926 9 years ago

You can see the pedestals for the backbox inside the raza coin door and the backboxes behind them, I found it amusing to see the backglasses in those old fashioned gold leaf type frames.

#3927 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The blog has gotten an update or so a week since it started. Usually of cabs or art

Bold statements in that update. He states these 2 cabinets are final production models. "Done" He claims from the production models that they can "make cabinets and playfields easily, in lot’s of 30+ a week with a small crew without a sweat".

#3928 9 years ago

#3929 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bold statements in that update. He states these 2 cabinets are final production models. "Done" He claims from the production models that they can "make cabinets and playfields easily, in lot’s of 30+ a week with a small crew without a sweat".

Since MG is supposedly being set up for "production" to begin in March, we'll see soon enough if he can hold to that date.

#3930 9 years ago

How does 30 cabinets a week correlate to producing a finished pinball? Something tells me the cabinet production numbers have nothing to do with how many finished pins can be shipped out the door.

I'm also still confused how we're even talking about production when we've not even seen a working game?

Can that leap possibly happen?

#3931 9 years ago

Whether we have seen it or not, and some people have, MG is ready to be "in production" and is "done", per others and Jpop.

That's why I've waiting until March to go see it for myself if true.

I'm sure he's not saying he can get 30 pins out the door, per week. 5-10 would be great.

#3932 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Whether we have seen it or not, and some people have, MG is ready to be "in production" and is "done", per others and Jpop.
That's why I've waiting until March to go see it for myself if true.

I don't understand how some people apparently know this, but you as an "owner" have no clue, let alone been able to see it.

#3933 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't understand how some people apparently know this, but you as an "owner" have no clue, let alone been able to see it.

I don't own an MG Aurich, I'm just "on the list" for one of the remaining 25.

If I want to actually see what some actual MG guys have told me, I have to go to Chicago.

That is why I'm waiting until March when the "production" is supposedly beginning to occur, so I can decide and maybe help others to see if $$$ spent will actually result in a pin.

MG is a given, Raza I'm hopeful.

I'm John is hoping a successful MG launch will bring in the rest of the Raza $$$ and give people confidence on AIW. Need to see a WHOLE lot more on a lot of different fronts.

#3934 9 years ago

I talked to John for a long time this week. I'm starting to feel that MG will get made and RAZA may follow 3-4 months behind. I think they can crank out 20 plus games per month. So it may actually be possible that RAZA would start shipping this year.

I'm debating on buying a MG or switching my RAZA to a MG if possible, but RAZA has 4 independent ramps and MG just 1.

#3935 9 years ago

If John is going to show us up and knock these games out the door, I just wished he could have communicated better instead of clamming up and creating a negative customer experience.

#3936 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If John is going to show us up and knock these games out the door, I just wished he could have communicated better instead of clamming up and creating a negative customer experience.

He F ed up BIG TIME!

Not only a negative experience for all of us "owners" but anybody else that might consider buying a pin from him in the future.

That said, we pinheads are a fickle bunch, when he gets MG out there and like Hank said if Raza follows 3 months behind and he actually follows through, people will be F ing lining up around the block to grab AIW and future stuff and all the BS will start to fade away

Of the 3, AIW is just beyond sick looking and the plans he has for that design.

Again a BIG Fing if!

But hey, Twitter quarterly earnings were a big IF last week and they just paid for all three pins for me after they announced. Thanks Costolo

#3937 9 years ago

No matter what happens, I will not be sending pre-order money in again. I'll buy games on release. With the glut of pinball coming over the next year or 2, it is a buyer's market and I don't see the need to put my money in harm's way any more.

#3938 9 years ago

There is one positive spin you could put on this, although I doubt it would happen, wouldn't it be nice if this caused any makers of small quantities of pinball machines (trying not to use the term 'boutique') to actually produce machines without asking for money up front. Build it and they will come. Say your going to build it and they will wait....

#3939 9 years ago

I don't fault the new companies from taking the "easy" pre-order money. There was a time, for about 2 years, where you literally could announce anything and the money door just came flooding open.

But those days are gone and I hope John has a better way to fund his next pins. A normal business would have taken the profits from the first product to fund the next ones, but I don't know how much profit there's left after years of delay.

#3940 9 years ago

As dumb as it sounds, people will still throw money "in harms way" when he actually produces something.

Although the pool will be a lot less. Look at TBL, people can't stop throwing money at an unlimited production pin even still with all the BS going on there

#3941 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No matter what happens, I will not be sending pre-order money in again.

Everyone should follow that sage example. Every pre-order has been a disaster and a headache. Jpop, Rick, Kevin, DP, whoever. Once they take your money the attitude is "you paid up, I have the cash, but I don't owe you shit, so just be happy to wait over there".

How about instead it's "hey, I have a stack of cash, and if you want it then show me a game".

#3942 9 years ago

another problem for people essentially paying in advance many years in advance for these pins. Is that we don't know what's at the end. just some generic Zombie/Amusement park theme and some type of 'Magic' theme.

It's still not clear to me what these pins will play like. Also while RAZA PF looks cool, it is very zany, meaning cute or not at all serious such as Zombies bowling or dunk a zombie booth, at the beginning of the project it was not as clear that this would not be a serious pin. Some people may not like zany pins.

Some may prefer MG or AIW or RAZA. but when John just locks you into a pin you have to take the result. If for example one pin turns out fantastic and one pin turns out so-so. Much like anyone like Stern it's hit or miss if you will like it, maybe you like Met but don't like WWE. But if you just signed up at the beginning without seeing or knowing what the pin will play like, it's a crap shoot.

I believe the least should be a flipping prototype like TBL or WOOLY for example before they start asking for money.

#3943 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Everyone should follow that sage example. Every pre-order has been a disaster and a headache. Jpop, Rick, Kevin, DP, whoever. Once they take your money the attitude is "you paid up, I have the cash, but I don't owe you shit, so just be happy to wait over there".
How about instead it's "hey, I have a stack of cash, and if you want it then show me a game".

AMH and BOP delivered and I was stoked to be in on that.
MG and TBL i hope will be the same

In fact Charlie said AMH would have never happened without pre orders...
Catch 22 bro

#3944 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

In fact Charlie said AMH would have never happened without pre orders...

That's not accurate. They self-financed the game until it was finished. Then they took orders as they went to production, first customers started receiving them 6 months later. They had a completed game at shows, flyers and promo videos made when they started taking money.

Big difference between that and sending money in for an idea years in advance.

#3945 9 years ago

Read who I quoted

Quoted from Aurich:

#3946 9 years ago

Spooky is the wonderful exception to the rule, bless Chuck.

#3947 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every pre-order has been a disaster and a headache. Jpop, Rick, Kevin, DP, whoever.

How was Wooly pre-order a disaster or headache? Did not work out, everyone got his deposit back within a few days... Scott handled things as promised.
Failure maybe (but the story may not be over); Disaster or headache : no.

MMr is probably a headache but does not seem a disaster...

#3948 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

How was Wooly pre-order a disaster or headache? Did not work out, everyone got his deposit back within a few days... Scott handled things as promised.

Scott is a great guy, and Spooky has a great team, I would hope that it would have gone smoothly. But we never really got a chance to find out.

#3949 9 years ago

I don't consider the WOOLY thing a pre-order in the same sense. There is a finished game being demoed and they are looking for 100 orders to fund production. That is more the Spooky/AMH model.

I think that model can still work.

The one that is broken is the "I have an idea for a great pinball, can't tell you when you'll get it or what it will be exactly since it will likely change a shit ton over the next 3+ years, but please pay me now so I can make it and I'll let you know when I'm done".

#3950 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

What factory is this at? JJp? That mega awesome if things are getting ready to roll out!

Factory? Just looks like a warehouse to me. Where is the *production*?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.