(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 491.
#3001 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And then for whomever wants the support, I'm going to Chicago, on my dime, and get this shit straightened out.
And I'm not going for a "looksie" John, get it?

If you go there after all this bluster and JPOP puts you in a headlock, gives you a wedgie and throws you out onto the sidewalk, it'll be the greatest thing to happen in pinball since the invention of the flipper.

#3002 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anybody that wants to contact me can do so via Pinside mail or I'll give out additional contact info
Over the next two weeks I'll be talking to others involved and we as a group can decide a way forward.
My office number is 210-687-1333
My cell phone number is 210-381-6177
My email is [email protected]
If any of you other idiots have the balls to actually call me and provide something other than stupidity, there it is. Otherwise you can go F yourselves. I'm tired of all of this BS.

email sent.

There was a brief moment following expo when John wrote that big email and seemed to hear us. But that seemed to last for all of a week. The situation has only deteriorated with him no longer responding.

#3003 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I feel for all of you.
I am a bit mad at JPOP for a different reason: the very bad experience you all had with Zidware pinball is probably one of the reasons why the Wrath of Olympus (WOOLY) project did not attract enough pre-orders (I sincerely hope Scott will find a way to make this dream come true).
Too much money "invested" into preorders - and JPOP is not the only culprit - with no game in sight or long delays (JJP).

Well, for myself, this is exactly why I won't be pre-ordering anything anymore. And you are correct, this is probably why other projects that are "finished" like WOOLY, and have a plan for production (Spooky), just need some crowd funding and can't get it.

#3004 9 years ago

This situation is like when you lend money to someone you think is in need to help pay bills. Then you find out they spent the money on something completely different like a vacation or a new dog...

#3005 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I feel for all of you.
I am a bit mad at JPOP for a different reason: the very bad experience you all had with Zidware pinball is probably one of the reasons why the Wrath of Olympus (WOOLY) project did not attract enough pre-orders (I sincerely hope Scott will find a way to make this dream come true).
Too much money "invested" into preorders - and JPOP is not the only culprit - with no game in sight or long delays (JJP).

I would have got wooly if John had refunded my money, it's a joke John is officially without credibility and respect from here on out, it's no wonder he doesn't work for any major pinball company.

#3006 9 years ago
Quoted from TOK:

If you go there after all this bluster and JPOP puts you in a headlock, gives you a wedgie and throws you out onto the sidewalk, it'll be the greatest thing to happen in pinball since the invention of the flipper.

You obviously don't know much about Iceman. He is a big guy.

#3007 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

He is a big guy.

I believe Smith and Wesson leveled that playing field.

Iceman's famous father was also a big man whom I admired greatly. I wonder what he might think of his son's yelling and insulting people here.

#3008 9 years ago

From where I was sitting the insults were well earned.

#3009 9 years ago

Thanks Ice, for your mission to find out what is going on and to end all this dooming speculation.
I truly hope JPop has just been overly secretive and you can give us good news and confidence.
The situation could be like Martin Sheen walking into Marlon Brando's lair in Apocolypse Now.
Be prepared and don't drink the Kool Aid or become mesmerized by something shiny, stay focused.
God Speed, Ice

#3010 9 years ago

Don't forget your torches and pitchforks!

#3012 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I believe Smith and Wesson leveled that playing field.
Iceman's famous father was also a big man whom I admired greatly. I wonder what he might think of his son's yelling and insulting people here.

The point is that we are talking about legal options here, not physical options. Ice is also a lawyer. He is not the one talking about physical violence, TOK is that person.

#3013 9 years ago

Would be nice to see this dibockle get some traction in any moving direction that iceman can make happen

#3014 9 years ago

Yes, I would be ecstatic if someone put their neck out to get results in this debacle if I had money in the projects.

#3015 9 years ago

Finally it's getting interesting again. Lawyers attack!

#3016 9 years ago
Quoted from slapshot:

The situation could be like Martin Sheen walking into Marlon Brando's lair in Apocolypse Now.
Be prepared and don't drink the Kool Aid or become mesmerized by something shiny, stay focused.
God Speed, Ice

John has gone off the reservation.

#3017 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

John has gone off the reservation.

lol

#3018 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

The point is that we are talking about legal options here, not physical options. Ice is also a lawyer. He is not the one talking about physical violence, TOK is that person.

Yea, the text I quoted in my reply didn't sound like a threat at all. Thanks for cluing us in about the lawyer thing again. Its has only come up 175 times in this thread, Stevie Wonder and Hellen Keller might have missed it.

#3019 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Finally it's getting interesting again. Lawyers attack!

The point is that Ice is going to do it with the owners' interests in mind (getting the games built!), not trying to pad his pocketbook.

#3020 9 years ago

If problems were Mogwai, Lawyers would be water.

#3021 9 years ago

I think people would be satisfied just having a final outcome, good or bad. Which is why lawyers getting involved is good.

#3022 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

From where I was sitting the insults were well earned.

Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not defending Ice's opponents here. All I'm saying is stylistically you lose or damage the debate when an argument turns into a shouting match.

I have a lot of money tied up in JPOP and I'll be interested in how Ice's visit goes and his report back here.

#3023 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I think people would be satisfied just having a final outcome, good or bad. Which is why lawyers getting involved is good.

Strange thing is that most people would have been good just getting some information and feedback from their questions!

IF John had said something like: "Sorry guys, this is way deeper than I imagined. All these cool toys are likely to take 1-2 more years. Here is where I am now. I have X, Y, and Z to work through next, then...."

I would bet dinner at Ruth's Chris that 90-95% of the buyers would have been fine for now.

#3024 9 years ago

He will say "I can't really talk about it, but I'm excited! Don't worry guys, it's going to be great!"

#3025 9 years ago

Can we officially refer to him at jpoop in this thread till he start communicating with buyers and not hidden shit from them

#3026 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Can we officially refer to him at jpoop in this thread till he start communicating with buyers and not hidden shit from them

The way it's going it might be more appropriate as: Jpooped or Jpopped

#3027 9 years ago

Remember when duke nukem forever was released 15 years after announcement? It changed hands, people got sued, the game engine changed like 3-4 times.

Anyone that put down a deposit for pre-order at babbages etc. probably lost it because they went out of business, then got sold to barnes & noble, then split back off as gamestop.

And then big excitement drummed up when they showed a very early PLAYABLE beta game because a small team decided to buy the rights and access to all the files so they could put the nail in the coffin. Then it came out, and it ended up being extremely linear (no exploring), none of the original plotline from the original trailer, no jetpack, and the load times were horrible (45 seconds per level).

#3028 9 years ago

Well I think I've learned something in these past 3 years. I can't speak for all, but I think a lot of people were dreaming of BBB. Where a game is made, it's playable and rare and good art and it was selling for $20k.

I figured what's the worse that happens especially when a Stern Tron LE is selling for $10k, wouldn't a custom limited pin from Jpop be worth at least that?

But I was figuring on the wrong thing, I was figuring on an actual game like BBB was not figuring on a game that might not exist. I never believed this could take 3 years and still NOTHING to show for it. I said to John you have nothing to show us and he got defensive but we are still waiting for any reveal of a flipping proto.

#3029 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm about to start posting pictures of the dog and other sensitive info to see if he will refund my $$$ as a violation of his perceived NDA!

Still hoping to see the infamous dog pic!

#3030 9 years ago

The NDA precludes me from describing said canine or even confirming the existence of a photograph of a dog in a car on a website that does not exist.

#3032 9 years ago

^ I lol'ed

#3033 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Jpoop dog pic

A cock 'n' balls spaniel, it would appear.

#3035 9 years ago

The poor dog is guilty by association. I'm not ruling out though that the dog may actually be the business manager and therefore in on the whole thing.

#3036 9 years ago

The brown mark down that dog's backside looks like balls and a penis.

#3037 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Capt._Obvious.jpgCapt._Obvious.jpg
#3038 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Well I think I've learned something in these past 3 years. I can't speak for all, but I think a lot of people were dreaming of BBB. Where a game is made, it's playable and rare and good art and it was selling for $20k.
I figured what's the worse that happens especially when a Stern TRON LE is selling for $10k, wouldn't a custom limited pin from Jpop be worth at least that?
But I was figuring on the wrong thing, I was figuring on an actual game like BBB was not figuring on a game that might not exist. I never believed this could take 3 years and still NOTHING to show for it. I said to John you have nothing to show us and he got defensive but we are still waiting for any reveal of a flipping proto.

I think we're all on the same page. When we first put our money down with Jpop, it was a completely different pinball landscape. The hobby was exploding, and everyone was looking for the next big thing. I was too late to get in on MG, but I jumped on BHZA the second it was announced. It seemed like a very good bet at the time. Yes, it was a lot of money, but John was such a highly respected person in the pinball community. Who would have possibly imagined that three years later he still wouldn't have produced even a single game? It absolutely boggles the mind.

#3039 9 years ago

Man you guys are tough. I'm going back to the cheapskate's thread. We don't have any problems like this there.....

#3040 9 years ago

Rumor is the video of a flipping game was part of the big reveal and he's just waiting on a few vendor parts...

#3041 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Quoted from mcluvin:

Man you guys are tough. I'm going back to the cheapskate's thread. We don't have any problems like this there.....

By problems do you mean pictures of dogs with giant penises on their backs?

#3042 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Rumor is the video of a flipping game was part of the big reveal and he's just waiting on a few vendor parts...

Hopefully those were vendors that actually got paid

#3043 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Who thinks we will see a full production RAZA pin (not prototype) by the end of 2015?

How about the end of 2016?

John's original timeline was for the end of 2013.

#3044 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Who would have possibly imagined that three years later he still wouldn't have produced even a single game?

Me.

#3046 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

By problems do you mean pictures of dogs with giant penises on their backs?

Would you prefer dogs with giant penises on their backs or a few grand into pins that are never going to happen?

In all seriousness though, shitty situation. Hopefully the irrational exuberance period of pinball is coming to a close......

#3047 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who thinks we will see a full production RAZA pin (not prototype) by the end of 2015?
How about the end of 2016?
John's original timeline was for the end of 2013.

I think he fails to get raza done ever

#3048 9 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Would you prefer dogs with giant penises on their backs or a few grand into pins that are never going to happen?

How giant are the penises?

#3049 9 years ago

Jpop, being a very visual guy, is maybe trying to say that soon everyone is going to be as happy as a dog with two dicks

Post edited by Sly_Old_Devil: Jpop is a visual medium sort of chap.

#3050 9 years ago

Does anyone on the blog remember getting this message after posting: "your comment is awaiting moderation"? I don't remember ever seeing this in the past, but I saw it tonight when I posted the following in the cute dog thread:

"Yep. Cute dog. Now where’s my effing game??? Seriously, John, your failure to communicate with the people who believed in you from the get-go is astoundingly disrespectful. I’m not sure what else to say other than I am no longer a believer. You have made this “journey” abysmal."

I wonder if he is now going to be deleting posts that aren't full of sugar and honey? Or maybe he's been doing it all along, which would explain why there aren't more posts taking him to task.

Oh well, at least I feel better for getting that off of my chest. I've been biting my tongue for far too long. I have sent my info to Iceman and hope others will too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/61 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.