(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 491.
#24151 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It's cool bro, you got to pound your chest.

You keep thinking that if it makes you happy....Bro.

1 week later
#24152 5 years ago

JPOP filing an appeal...

Shocker!

7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png7A86BB52-E1F5-4086-955C-86A6383C27D3 (resized).png
#24153 5 years ago

Good. More legal fees for him to deal with (hopefully).

#24154 5 years ago

It's ridiculous anymore with him. I just want this to end.

I'm going to take your money, never apologize, critize all the competition, and then use your money as my personal checkbook. Oh and when I'm held accountable, I'm going to appeal.

I will never ever again send any money that could benefit Jpop in anyway. Goodluck to Deeproot because I know so many of us will never support anything associated with Jpop.

#24155 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Goodluck to Deeproot

No shit. this is not going to give them any sort of clean start. He is radioactive and there is absolutely no closure.

#24156 5 years ago

I really don't understand how he keeps getting work as a designer, now that he's been exposed as a fraud.

#24157 5 years ago

Hi guys and girls. I'm new here and at the moment i'm Saving up for a refurbed TOM. I just had a question about this MG fiasco. I have read as much as I could about the topic and watched some videos of people who bought it and sort of laugh at how unfinished it is. My question is that if the game was released are the owners promised any future improvements or are they stuck with the boat anchor the way it is? It is a beautiful looking table and it could be amazing with the proper finishing touches

#24158 5 years ago
Quoted from morbidesque:

My question is that if the game was released are the owners promised any future improvements or are they stuck with the boat anchor the way it is?

Concensus seems to be that he rushed out the MG games to avoid a lawsuit. No one was guaranteed any future improvements...and that goes for all manufacturers. Sometimes they will do code updates and have fixes for issues on games, but if a game didn't sell well in the first place these are far from guaranteed and the game may be left abandoned for business reasons (see Stern Wheel of Fortune).

#24159 5 years ago

Morbidesque some genuinely friendly advice: This thread, the Alien thread and the Lebowski thread are all places that new folks should just read and not comment. There is so much history and backstory around each, that it's exceptionally easy to stick your foot in your mouth without even trying. You may perceive that you're "just asking questions", but even that leads to some bad places in a hurry.

#24161 5 years ago

Once , there was a Pinhead. This particular pinhead fell into the trap of the wicked witch of the Midwest , who is also a dude. That dude hired this particular lawyer. When the Pinhead did research he found out that the lawyer had a particular specialty. One which, in this case, is worth exactly jack squat. See the strategy of this lawyer had been to wait until a case is finished, then, hoping that all opposing coffers are now bare, file an appeal, and win by default as opposing pinhead is supposed to be out of money. It had worked for lawyer in the past, you and pinhead can see the logic. But in this case...NAH. LOL

Ps- I dare the wicked witch to DRAG me up to Chicago again. Double dog dare. I love Chicago .

3 weeks later
#24162 5 years ago

How many MG pins were produced did this complete Jpops obligations for that title?

#24163 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

How many MG pins were produced did this complete Jpops obligations for that title?

Just a small handful and NO.

#24164 5 years ago

I’ve been gone a while, looks like I missed one hell of a party...

B3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpegB3F72CE8-1FCA-4E93-9994-CCC068D8F4C2 (resized).jpeg
#24166 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

the snozzberries taste like snozzberries

I honestly read this part and completely disregarded the rest of the Wonka lines. My brain went into 100% “if they do super troopers that would be freaking awesome!” mode.

#24167 5 years ago

So is anyone not taking the Deeproot offer? I just can't be bothered to sign a wall of legal text to get a promissory note for a pinball machine.

In the end the debt is owed by zidware/jpop. If he's still toiling away then he's working to make me whole. Until zid goes bankrupt and then i get listed as a creditor. Till then there is a debt owed to me.

#24168 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So is anyone not taking the Deeproot offer? I just can't be bothered to sign a wall of legal text to get a promissory note for a pinball machine.
In the end the debt is owed by zidware/jpop. If he's still toiling away then he's working to make me whole. Until zid goes bankrupt and then i get listed as a creditor. Till then there is a debt owed to me.

what were the terms of the Deeproot offer? Maybe its a keypost, but I missed it.

1 month later
#24169 5 years ago

Confirmed : Deeproot is redesigning/finishing Magic Girl... Glad I don't have more money than sense, like so many people here, lol.

Also glad I will get an actual working pinball machine in the end.

#24170 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Confirmed : Deeproot is redesigning/finishing Magic Girl... .

I hope they take preorders!!!

#24171 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

lets not jump the gun, lots of talk and bravado, not so much evidence they can deliver.

#24172 5 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Confirmed : Deeproot is redesigning/finishing Magic Girl... Glad I don't have more money than sense, like so many people here, lol.

Seen you post this in two threads now, but haven't seen it posted elsewhere.

Have a link to the announcement?

Edit: Looks like the interview in TWIP. Missed it before.

2 weeks later
#24173 5 years ago

So jpop is showing up at Expo. Seems like a good opportunity to grill him about his decision to sue his customers.

Deeproot showing up at expo to hype themselves up but with nothing to show is annoying because it's just smoke and mirrors until customers start receiving games. We had years of jpop doing that, and here it is again. I don't care how "easy" they say this is.

#24174 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So jpop is showing up at Expo. Seems like a good opportunity to grill him about his decision to sue his customers.
Deeproot showing up at expo to hype themselves up but with nothing to show is annoying because it's just smoke and mirrors until customers start receiving games. We had years of jpop doing that, and here it is again. I don't care how "easy" they say this is.

Is he showing up as an independent? Or as a rep of.. Deeproot or some other company?

#24176 5 years ago

Oh man, are people bringing tomatoes to the seminar?

#24177 5 years ago

How is this possible? This guy has more lives than a cat it seems.

#24178 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Is he showing up as an independent? Or as a rep of.. Deeproot or some other company?

Man, he's got some big kahunas to show up in front of this crowd...

#24179 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Man, he's got some big kahunas to show up in front of this crowd...

He may not have a choice, he's part of the deeproot team. Robert might have told him he has to show up. Of course he didn't show up anyway when he was part of the American Pinball team.

#24180 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

So jpop is showing up at Expo.

Gag me with a toilet brush. I just don't get it.

#24181 5 years ago

The man has no shame.

I think he’s convinced himself he did nothing wrong other than being a terrible businessman

Who’s making the Expo t-shirt “Jpop stole my $$$”?

#24182 5 years ago

Who's gonna volunteer to go to Expo and get some pics of Popaduik's back?

#24183 5 years ago

Now I kinda wanna go..

#24184 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He may not have a choice, he's part of the deeproot team. Robert might have told him he has to show up. Of course he didn't show up anyway when he was part of the American Pinball team.

If I'm not mistaken, they had already jettisoned him by then

#24185 5 years ago

I think that will be a pretty bad night for him.

#24186 5 years ago

I think it will get a heap of people there good or bad publicity.

Maybe they are handing out cheques in the seminar

#24187 5 years ago

I just realized it was 2014, the Lebowski show, that jpop showed up with the empty cabinets. 4 years later, and he's at Expo again, talking about the same games, with no games to show.

Deeproot would be in a better position if they just extended the free game offer with no deadline. Right now it's on "faith" without seeing anything, only that they raised some money and are good at spending it, and they want people to sign a bunch of legal.

Robert, here's your free tip to defuse the expo room: Boldly announce the free game offer stands for all zidware customers, and they can accept at any time, even after the deeproot games have been shown finally. No need to leap before you look.

#24188 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Injury meet insult
9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg9E0B162E-329F-4B2E-9AB7-0FC857A196AB (resized).jpeg

#24189 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Deeproot would be in a better position if they just extended the free game offer with no deadline.

I thought the offer put the deadline as after games were ready to ship? I guess it is technically “free” games from Deeproot, but only cause I have $9500 in with JPop.

#24190 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think that will be a pretty bad night for him.

I mean you have to give props to DR for trying to clean up Jpop's mess.

I highly doubt anyone is ever gonna forget what he did though.

Why does he need to sit up there on stage for F's sake?

I don't get it.

#24191 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why does he need to sit up there on stage for F's sake?
I don't get it.

Punishment? (;

#24192 5 years ago

"Future Worlds Seminar"....

featuring a bunch of dudes who haven't made a game in decades.

#24193 5 years ago

Seriously, leave JPOP at home. It will be a better seminar without him and people may actually take you serious.

#24194 5 years ago

I say leave him up there. Should make for good cinema.

#24195 5 years ago

Maybe someone will j-pop him in the mouth!

#24196 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I think that's just it, I don't see what good his presence could possibly do for anyone (including himself). This is just drama, and pinball needs less drama IMHO.

#24197 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Can we add cosplay to expo like MGC has?

#24198 5 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I'll be there about 4 1/2 hours after they start.

I hope the rotten eggs and tomatoes are cleaned up by then.

LTG : )

#24199 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Can we add cosplay to expo like MGC has?

As long as we're not marching J-Pop naked through the crowds.

#24200 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

... marching J-Pop naked through the crowds.

Ewwwwww. Good thing it is corporate policy for all deeproot employees and contractors to wear appropriate attire at all times.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/484?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.