(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 490.
#24101 5 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

Homepin is not hiding from the public. Here is the Facebook page updated regularly:
https://www.facebook.com/homepin.factory/

You missed the point!

Stating that someone like Rarehero is the reason manufacturers don't post on Pinside anymore is pointless and unnecessary. There are negative people everywhere and everyone has critics, but it's how you handle, embrace, and shrug off those critics that matters. Silence is golden. I don't have to post in AVSForum to learn from A/V customers. Listen and observe, but don't flame fires, especially when you're a newcomer in the hobby (with a license that is pretty limited in terms of global reach).

Not only does Rarehero have experience in the hobby, but he also has the disposable income to buy NIB games. He's an ideal customer in this very small and limited market/hobby that needs all the customers it can get.

Rarehero is obviously passionate and willing to speak his mind, which I believe is good. I was simply stating that it's more productive to have a thicker skin and let negative feedback roll vs. egging it on, especially in the biggest forum dedicated to pinball.

#24102 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

You missed the point!
Stating that someone like Rarehero is the reason manufacturers don't post on Pinside anymore is pointless and unnecessary. There are negative people everywhere and everyone has critics, but it's how you handle, embrace, and shrug off those critics that matters. Silence is golden. I don't have to post in AVSForum to learn from A/V customers. Listen and observe, but don't flame fires, especially when you're a newcomer in the hobby (with a license that is pretty limited in terms of global reach).
Not only does Rarehero have experience in the hobby, but he also has the disposable income to buy NIB games. He's an ideal customer in this very small and limited market/hobby that needs all the customers it can get.
Rarehero is obviously passionate and willing to speak his mind, which I believe is good. I was simply stating that it's more productive to have a thicker skin and let negative feedback roll vs. egging it on, especially in the biggest forum dedicated to pinball.

No need to launch in and throw grenades like someone committed murder, screaming at the top of your lungs.

We ALL know the situation with these guys, its been rehashed over and over for years now.

I accept a big part of the blame myself for my loss and being stupid. Shame on me.

As far as newbies, i agree, quit acting like a pompous F ing A hole.

Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head to either buy a pin or not.

Furthermore, everybody is going to do what they will if a pin comes out. Pinheads are fickle and don't give a shit about what anyone else thinks, nor should they.

#24103 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

People giving the benefit of the doubt to everyone trying to start a pinball company. This what has led us to where we are with all these liars and thieves.

Wrong, it is people giving pre-order money to these liars and thieves.

#24104 5 years ago
Quoted from highdef:

Rarehero is obviously passionate and willing to speak his mind, which I believe is good.

...and so does Homepin.

#24105 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...and so does Homepin.

Whom I will not support with that code stealing situation. One of my favorite quotes is "What starts right, ends right". The examples of Jpop, Deep Root, Homepin obviously did not start right and I have doubts any could end right.

#24106 5 years ago

It is certainly your right to not buy his games.

#24107 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

So it's OK to attack me (my company) it seems?
Please explain why I am a "cancer to this hobby".
Where are the moderators to stop you from spouting your hate all over the place?
People like YOU are exactly the reason many, such as most manufacturers, have stopped posting on Pinside.......

"spouting your hate all over the place?"
Sounds like you. Do you still talk bad about certain groups of folks?

#24108 5 years ago

Sooo, how about those Mets??

#24109 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Sooo, how about those Mets

still enjoying my METLE

#24110 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'd like to hear more about Homepin as I am very skeptical.

Glad to but I think old mate Forceflow would throw another fit if I did.

Let's just say they haven't reached the main heighway yet, but this travelling circus is definitely heading down the same path and rapidly approaching the on ramp.

In the meantime, maintaining the skepticism is the best value seat to take on this ride.

#24111 5 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Where are the moderators to stop you from spouting your hate all over the place?
People like YOU are exactly the reason many, such as most manufacturers, have stopped posting on Pinside.......

Mike, I believe you're projecting a bit. You've stated your "hatred" of many people with your anti-American, homophobic and racist statements, and then hide under the "virtue" of "not being politically correct". That's your choice and you're welcome to make it, but you can't turn around and get upset about it if your public statements result in people viewing you in a negative light. While you and some people might consider "anti-PC" as a virtue, plenty of other people see it as code for "I just want to be mean without consequence". I wouldn't have a negative word to say about your company if you, as the head of the company, didn't constantly put yourself out there with negative things to say about potential customers. You like to say that Gary and Jack "have opinions" behind closed doors, and somehow they're lesser people than you for not saying these things publicly...Noooooo! They're smart business people. You don't mix potentially catastrophic personal views when trying to sell a product, unless you're absolutely OK with decimating your sales.

I'm not the reason people don't post on Pinside. This is a hobby forum. People who work for manufacturers are running a business. They have no reason to be here, really...unless they consider this forum to be an important marketing tool. Stern has social media for marketing, and the fans provide them with "free marketing" here. You could use this forum for positive marketing, but you never take too long before you do the opposite. Don't blame me or us for that...take responsibility for your own actions.

One quick story: I hired an electrician from a well known local company. He's not in my house for 10 minutes or so, and he makes multiple racist statements like "you'll be glad you hired me and not some beaner". As a white man in a white man's company, he assumed he was with someone of similar opinion. He could not be more wrong. I scolded him for what he was saying and demanded he get out of my house. I've never done business with that company again and have guided others away from it. This is EXACTLY what you do, Mike. You assume you're in like company...that your statements will be seen as "funny" or "agreeable", when they're not. This is a teachable moment, Mike. Become a better person...for yourself & the sake of your business.

#24113 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mike, I believe you're projecting a bit. You've stated your "hatred" of many people with your anti-American, homophobic and racist statements, and then hide under the "virtue" of "not being politically correct". That's your choice and you're welcome to make it, but you can't turn around and get upset about it if your public statements result in people viewing you in a negative light. While you and some people might consider "anti-PC" as a virtue, plenty of other people see it as code for "I just want to be mean without consequence". I wouldn't have a negative word to say about your company if you, as the head of the company, didn't constantly put yourself out there with negative things to say about potential customers. You like to say that Gary and Jack "have opinions" behind closed doors, and somehow they're lesser people than you for not saying these things publicly...Noooooo! They're smart business people. You don't mix potentially catastrophic personal views when trying to sell a product, unless you're absolutely OK with decimating your sales.
I'm not the reason people don't post on Pinside. This is a hobby forum. People who work for manufacturers are running a business. They have no reason to be here, really...unless they consider this forum to be an important marketing tool. Stern has social media for marketing, and the fans provide them with "free marketing" here. You could use this forum for positive marketing, but you never take too long before you do the opposite. Don't blame me or us for that...take responsibility for your own actions.
One quick story: I hired an electrician from a well known local company. He's not in my house for 10 minutes or so, and he makes multiple racist statements like "you'll be glad you hired me and not some beaner". As a white man in a white man's company, he assumed he was with someone of similar opinion. He could not be more wrong. I scolded him for what he was saying and demanded he get out of my house. I've never done business with that company again and have guided others away from it. This is EXACTLY what you do, Mike. You assume you're in like company...that your statements will be seen as "funny" or "agreeable", when they're not. This is a teachable moment, Mike. Become a better person...for yourself & the sake of your business.

Well said. Great advice as sales are a direct reflection of attitude and how you treat your customer base and Merica has plenty of buying power still.

#24114 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not to pile on, but it’s like you were in my house the last time we talked with a contractor. He HADNT EVEN GOTTEN THE CONTRACT SIGNED when he started spouting off the same crap. Little did he know my wife (and therefore my kid) are of Hispanic decent, not to mention half my work buddies. Don’t let the door hit you in the butt...

#24115 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Down here, it’s not hispanics. Check this out - both the President of my company and the Exec VP (two highest positions under CEO) are black guys. I go to get my new aquarium installed - it’s a HUGE contract - and right out of the gate the head guy hits me with darkie jokes. He gets two out before I wtf up. It was like for a minute I had gotten tased. I was stunned. He was way into it, so I just dropped a quick text and the prez shows up. The prez is also a former RB for the UofA so he is like a STOUT dude. This aquarium guy...as soon as he sees the prez his face just DRAINS to full zombie. He is glancing over at me and I am like not gonna help. The prez comes in and drops a fast quartet of pretty hardcore combo fat/cracker jokes. The type of thing GUARANTEED to set off a racist. It was funny...

I have more stories like these - down here we don’t call it “institutional” racism, it’s just racism big and loud LOL. Y’all should hear the latest El Dorado, Ar stories. Those people HATE my guys. We had to come up with a DWP - designated white person just to do business with city hall. That is not a joke. DWP , I claim the TM.

#24116 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't mix potentially catastrophic personal views when trying to sell a product, unless you're absolutely OK with decimating your sales

Charlie is a perfect Mentor of good PR. He could easily bash other pinball companies for their business practices, but he doesn't even do that because he wants to build bridges, not burn them down. Every new business venture is tough, last thing you want to do is make it a steeper hill to climb.

#24117 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Charlie is a perfect Mentor of good PR. He could easily bash other pinball companies for their business practices, but he doesn't even do that because he wants to build bridges, not burn them down. Every new business venture is tough, last thing you want to do is make it a steeper hill to climb.

Class goes a long way. I don't really see myself buying new pins anymore - however, one game tempts me right now: TNA. Thinking of getting one. Scott & Charlie are super duper nice guys and represent their product well. However, if they were here acting like Mike or Robert? Nah - sale off. Company leadership means something to some customers.

#24118 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's sad that this crap happens as often as it does. I had the displeasure not too long ago of listening to a female attorney complain about how bad her "gang banger" secretary was at her job. Evidence that her secretary was a "gang banger?" She's hispanic and has tattoos! The irony is that this was coming from someone who is always talking about how prevalent misogyny is and how so many people who belong to a certain political party are all "racist" etc. It's a great example of what you say in your post: projecting, as well as assuming that the person that they were talking to would find it "funny."

#24119 5 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So how many dialed ins do you think they sold? I see dialed in as being a huge success for jjp after the game proved to be a hit after a terrible reveal.

Approximately 1200 units among all versions. That's a huge failure.

#24120 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Selling ~250 CSI or NBA games is a huge failure. 1200 $8000+ games sounds pretty good to me.

#24121 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Quoted from Pimp77:

Selling ~250 CSI or NBA games is a huge failure. 1200 $8000+ games sounds pretty good to me.

Agreed...1200 from a boutique manufacturer should be in the "win" column.

#24122 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

It is?

In 2018?

#24123 5 years ago

I think 1200 is pretty good.

#24124 5 years ago

1200 units for a game that took almost 3 years to develop isnt great.. also JJP has a lot of overhead from investors, so they really need a win. hope the changes to POTC doesnt affect sales. i really want them to survive knowing the next 2 titles, especially with willy wonka supposedly bumping ahead first.
candy is dandy but liquor is quicker
help.. police.. murder
the snozzberries taste like snozzberries
you get... NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD.. DAY SIR!

#24125 5 years ago

If Wonka is next, Jack is a Good Egg!

#24126 5 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Down here, it’s not hispanics. Check this out - both the President of my company and the Exec VP (two highest positions under CEO) are black guys. I go to get my new aquarium installed - it’s a HUGE contract - and right out of the gate the head guy hits me with darkie jokes. He gets two out before I wtf up. It was like for a minute I had gotten tased. I was stunned. He was way into it, so I just dropped a quick text and the prez shows up. The prez is also a former RB for the UofA so he is like a STOUT dude. This aquarium guy...as soon as he sees the prez his face just DRAINS to full zombie. He is glancing over at me and I am like not gonna help. The prez comes in and drops a fast quartet of pretty hardcore combo fat/cracker jokes. The type of thing GUARANTEED to set off a racist. It was funny...
I have more stories like these - down here we don’t call it “institutional” racism, it’s just racism big and loud LOL. Y’all should hear the latest El Dorado, Ar stories. Those people HATE my guys. We had to come up with a DWP - designated white person just to do business with city hall. That is not a joke. DWP , I claim the TM.

Let's see this aquarium!

#24127 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

I prefer . . .

Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth

#24128 5 years ago

Wine is fine, but liquor's quicker.

#24129 5 years ago

My Dialed In LE is coming in today....

#24130 5 years ago

Beer before liquor make you sicker ....... Liquor before beer your in the clear

#24131 5 years ago

#24132 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It is?
In 2018?

When expectations are over 2000 units ? You bet your ass that is a failure.

#24133 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Agreed...1200 from a boutique manufacturer should be in the "win" column.

JJP is NOT a boutique manufacturer. Spooky is a boutique manufacturer

#24134 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I would agree with this statement.

#24135 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

When expectations are over 2000 units ?

Pretty sure they are still cranking them out. No license to expire, so they could crank them out until the end of time.

Really, anything over 1,000 machines these days is a lot. Pinball is the most popular its been since the 90's but it's TINY compared to then.

#24136 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

When expectations are over 2000 units ? You bet your ass that is a failure.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Those are Stern numbers

#24137 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I realize I’m piling onhere (sorry dude) - but Boutique means “sells a high quality product to a small number of customers”

#24138 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I realize I’m piling onhere (sorry dude) - but Boutique means “sells a high quality product to a small number of customers”

If you were to characterize pinball in that fashion then you could almost consider STERN as boutique? A couple thousand of each title world wide? In the big picture, STERN is not, and they are the volume leader. I don't think JJP would consider themselves boutique either.

#24139 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those are Stern numbers

Sure are, and so was JJP's expectations.

Maybe I am being harsh saying Dialed In was a failure. So let's just say it hasn't met sales expectations.

#24140 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Maybe I am being harsh saying Dialed In was a failure. So let's just say it hasn't met sales expectations.

Fair enough. I am sure the price and non-licensed theme has had a lot to do with the unmet expectations in sales. The game plays great and even seems to catch the interest of non-pinball people unlike most other pinball machines.

#24141 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

f you were to characterize pinball in that fashion then you could almost consider STERN as boutique? A couple thousand of each title world wide? In the big picture, STERN is not, and they are the volume leader. I don't think JJP would consider themselves boutique either.

I would put Stern, JJP and Chicago Gaming firmly in the non-boutique category. All the rest of the companies making games are definitely boutique, at least at this point.

#24142 5 years ago

Created March 1, 2015, the secret Facebook group, Magic Girl, RAZA, AIW is no longer needed and has been eliminated. The plaintiffs are continuing on to collections via private email with our attorney.

Note for those considering organizing under similar circumstances: For those of us at the beginning, the private Facebook group was a great tool to strategize, vent and discuss, away from the noise and interference of the Pinside lookie-loon’s. The Predator group has chosen differently but I highly recommend eliminating the Pinside distraction.

Shoot me a PM if you’d like more info about setting up an offsite group and our experiences. It wasn't always perfect and looking back I find it interesting that we began with nearly 100 verified and screened victims, eventually boiled down to 22 plaintiffs.

The fight is worth it and I bonded with some really great people.

Edit/Add: No judgment from me on the non-plaintiffs. I totally understood the pros and cons back then to taking on this mess.

zzzzzzz MG RAZA AIW (resized).pngzzzzzzz MG RAZA AIW (resized).png

#24143 5 years ago

Yeah. Meeting fellow pinheads rocks my world. Absolutely one of my fav things to do. Even in this circumstance.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#24144 5 years ago

Finally this topic is dying. I hope we get our money from JP. The Alien thread is going to soon take top spot for most posts.

#24145 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Finally this topic is dying. I hope we get our money from JP.

And let's hope that Deeproot makes everyone whole.

Quoted from hank527:

The Alien thread is going to soon take top spot for most posts.

Could be a neck and neck race with Dutch Pinball. The days of pre-order madness has come home to roost.

#24146 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And let's hope that Deeproot makes everyone whole.

Could be a neck and neck race with Dutch Pinball. The days of pre-order madness has come home to roost.

I do not trust a DeepRoot pinball and hope they just refund us. I trust nothing associated with Jpop.

#24147 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I do not trust a DeepRoot pinball and hope they just refund us. I trust nothing associated with Jpop.

That will never happen.

#24148 5 years ago

Now that there are 4 pinball "manufacturers" have failed in the past few years, will the Pinball is hard defense work in court lol.

#24149 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

From reliable sources in the industry and I will leave it at that.
Don't ask who that might be because I am not saying.
Either believe it or not, I really don't care.
If I am wrong, so be it.

Well, my highly reliable industry source tells me that you're wrong. But don't ask me who it is, because it's super secret NSA level shit.

#24150 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Well, my highly reliable industry source tells me that you're wrong. But don't ask me who it is, because it's super secret NSA level shit.

It's cool bro, you got to pound your chest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 483 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/483 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.