(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 490.
#23701 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can't wait to see how they try and thread this needle.
Any solution better not discriminate one group over another. In other words, people that joined in the Jpop suit versus the others.
It's simple to start another suit. After all, when did Jpop deliver MG and say that he is working on RAZA? Yeah, statute of limitations is nowhere near done.
Don't even F ing think about it.

If this is how things shake out I'll be joining a new suit out of principle. I was ok giving up on a failed business but I'm sure as hell not going to fund a new enterprise from my money (the money that went into zids r&d that now is being used by deeproot).

If they want that work, then I'll need to be compensated.

#23702 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

If this is how things shake out I'll be joining a new suit out of principle. I was ok giving up on a failed business but I'm sure as hell not going to fund a new enterprise from my money (the money that went into zids r&d that now is being used by deeproot).
If they want that work, then I'll need to be compensated.

We have already seen the MG fiasco play out. The foundation of those games get made with the bulk of our money.

And then American Pinball did what they did. Whatever.

If this goes to the next level then I'll be contacting you Frolic and others that have contacted me privately.

Then again, don't we really know how this next chapter is going to end? Yep.

No offense to Yeti and Applejuice but John F ed ALOT of people! Period.

He's a con man and ponzi schemer.

Partnering up with what?

There is ZERO chance John will ever be able to redeem himself in the pinball community that knows the history.

Somehow, they better find another batch of pinball buyers that have never heard of him.

Finally, its probably the absolute DUMBEST investment idea i could even come up with. "Distressed debt", this is that and then some. Way beyond.

How many YEARS again did it take to John to put MG out there that is a F ing joke of a pinball machine?

RAZA, another F ing joke. So is AIW.

He is a total F ing disaster on his own. It's BALLY WILLIAMS that made John and gave him the opportunity.

And yet here we go again, FANTASY LAND.

#23703 6 years ago

I don't believe John can do ANYTHING without a Bally Williams team. He's already proven that. MG can't even play after 5 years. It's a f ing joke.

What is he going to do with anything else? Con man.

The whole next chapter is another con.

At some point you have to just stick a F ing fork in it. It's over. Time to move on.

Nobody will give a shit about RAZA or AIW.

I guarantee you this $10k plus garbage will suck.

Come on, as a pinball community we can't continue to be this naive and stupid can we?

#23704 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can't wait to see how they try and thread this needle.
Any solution better not discriminate one group over another. In other words, people that joined in the Jpop suit versus the others.
It's simple to start another suit. After all, when did Jpop deliver MG and say that he is working on RAZA? Yeah, statute of limitations is nowhere near done.
Don't even F ing think about it.

I am astounded at the duplicitousness of your comment. Perhaps you pecked it out quickly, without having thought through its import. If that's the case, allow me to apologize in advance because I am calling you out, Doug.

As I recall, you vociferously discouraged customers from suing Zidware precisely because you were convinced that doing so was an utterly fruitless effort. Now, you're worried that the dozen customers who did sue Zidware may receive preferential compensation.

Your rationale for equal treatment is that you too might file your own suit in the future because the statute of limitations has not expired! Wow, that's some feat of acrobatics, especially for a lawyer, like you, who knows that litigants will always command more attention from a defendant than a nonlitigant with an identical claim. This is so even if the nonlitigant is within the statute of limitations to sue. The nonlitigant has already demonstrated his/her unwillingness to hire a lawyer, pay the lawyer, file suit and deal with the aggravation and time of litigation.

The efforts of a small group of customers, who actually filed suit years ago, is what led to the production of Magic Girl. The lawsuit was the fuel and fire which caused Jpop to actually get a few games, albeit woefully incomplete, out the door. There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing your decision to opt-out of the lawsuit option. Indeed, if a settlement were to occur in that lawsuit, don't you think that a confidentiality provision would apply? You're likely to never know anything about the resolution of the suit, apart from the fact of resolution itself.

We all want Zidware customers and vendors to be compensated. Your fear of "discrimination" as a customer who emphatically chose to refrain from suing is, in my view, profoundly misplaced. Instead, be glad that the heavy lifting was done by a group of your fellow aggrieved customers and that such effort may ultimately mean that you and others (who did not embark on the lawsuit journey) will benefit from those efforts.

#23705 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

We all want Zidware customers and vendors to be compensated. Your fear of "discrimination" as a customer who emphatically chose to refrain from suing is, in my view, profoundly misplaced. Instead, be glad that the heavy lifting was done by a group of your fellow aggrieved customers and that such effort may ultimately mean that you and others (who did not embark on the lawsuit journey) will benefit from those efforts.

It was your choice Bruce and a few others to do whatever is considered the "heavy lifting". I don't think there was anything to gain then, nor do i think there is now from that lawsuit. Nothing has been resolved, nor will it ever be.

But i won't sit back and watch some BS back door deal happen just because somebody joined in on a lawsuit at the time. A new opportunity comes to light and myself and others 100% have the right to seek recourse should we be discriminated against.

Forgive me for being skeptical and jaded of the "legal system" as one of my clients just settled her Will contest case after 2 years the day before trial and after spending $1 million on her defense.

Same legal team, both plaintiff and defense is gearing up on another one of my clients.

The fact that you guys chose to fight John was your choice at the time. What lawyer would prosecute anything for $500 x 15 plaintiffs? None that i know. In fact, the one claim you and he could have made you guys screwed up with the MG pins and fraudulent conveyance of assets to the detriment of the rest of us. That whole thing has been a waste of time boondoggle.

The facts have potentially substantially changed with another alternative to getting RAZA and AIW games out that didn't exist before.

It had ZERO to do with any litigation efforts by anybody.

If somebody like Deeproot wants to invest/blow clients money, the fact that a small group sued John prior somehow gives you some legal precedent is confusing to me. It doesn't.

No offense, but I and others reserve and always have, the right to proceed against John when deemed appropriate.

#23706 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

You're likely to never know anything about the resolution of the suit, apart from the fact of resolution itself.

And i could care less. Congratulations on whatever you can get out of him. Life is too short to go for pennies.

That doesn't change MY recourse against him and how i might want to proceed or not based on new facts.

Good thing I'm local and venue is now in Bexar county. I have lots of friends here.

#23707 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

And i could care less. Congratulations on whatever you can get out of him.
That doesn't change MY recourse against him and how i might want to proceed or not based on new facts.

In 2017, there's more reason for all RAZA and AIW customers to be cautiously optimistic than there ever was in previous years, at least from a longterm outlook. I wish that I could include the vendors in that statement.

#23708 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

In 2017, there's more reason for all RAZA and AIW customers to be cautiously optimistic than there ever was in previous years, at least from a longterm outlook. I wish that I could include the vendors in that statement.

Honestly, I wish the pinball gods would stick a fork in John. I guess not yet.

That said, look at the pathetic state MG is in after 5 yrs. How can anybody have any hope for anything else?

Deeproot was selling Life Settlements and now they are "the best" at making pinball machines? My jaw is dropped wide open right now.

We would have to suspend all common sense and reality to believe that nonsense right?

Again, I don't begrudge anything you guys can get out of John personally but i see the effort as way underfunded and too vague.

He did some 1/4 ass effort on MG with more wasted $$. Now what just to avoid further personal liability and preserve his massive F ing ego? He's a ponzi scheme con man in my experience.

Slick Johnny.

#23709 6 years ago

There are benefits to being involved in the lawsuit and benefits not being involved. I chose to participate as it suits my control freak, type A personality. More specifically, I like having control and influence on the events in my life, win or lose.
I also like being privy to real evidence and details as opposed to Pinside misinformation, speculation and gossip.

I don't mind other people benefiting from me doing the heavy lifting and in fact, I will hold that thought with great pride if they do. I just hope those riding our coattails won't be smug about.

And don't assume if we legally prevail that anyone else can just show up and it will be Christmas time. Plan on Jpop stonewalling and likely forcing people to begin a brand new, lengthy lawsuit. Morally bad yes, but it's smart business as people who chose not to fight the first round, will likely walk away again. Especially when it's old news. The odds are heavy in his favor on this and will bank on it.

And consider this. If another unfortunate situation comes along and anyone sees my name on it. It will be an "Oh shit" moment for them while others will be seen as toothless internet barking.

Note to all: I'm responding to Doug's comments but my answers are not specifically directed at him, but in general. Doug has become a great asset to me I appreciate his thoughts. He and I just act like we're married but we're not.

#23710 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

There are benefits to being involved in the lawsuit and benefits not being involved. I chose to participate as it suits my control freak, type A personality. More specifically, I like having control and influence on the events in my life, win or lose.
I also like being privy to real evidence and details as opposed to Pinside misinformation, speculation and gossip.
I don't mind other people benefiting from me doing the heavy lifting and in fact, I will hold that thought with great pride if they do. I just hope those riding our coattails won't be smug about.
And don't assume if we legally prevail that anyone else can just show up and it will be Christmas time. Plan on them stonewalling and likely forcing people to begin a brand new, lengthy lawsuit. Morally bad yes, but it's smart business as people who chose not to fight the first round, will likely walk away again. Especially when it's old news. The odds are heavy in their favor on this and they will bank on it.
And consider this. If another unfortunate situation comes along and anyone sees my name on it. It will be an "Oh shit" moment for them while others will be seen as toothless internet barking.
Note to all: I'm responding to Doug's comments but my answers are not specifically directed at him, but in general. Doug has become a great asset to me I appreciate his thoughts. He and I just act like we're married but we're not.

Haha yep Kim, you know I'm all for you guys kicking his ass!

The MG people certainly owe you a debt of gratitude and I suppose if I was in on that game I'd be all over him too.

Kim and Bruce are great guys. I get a little frustrated when I see John keep popping up

We shall see what happens. Can't wait for the big announcement

#23711 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It really can't fix stupid.

I said A LOT....but not stupid....

1 month later
#23712 6 years ago

How stupid do you have to be to purchase 2 of these non-working pins?

#23713 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

How stupid do you have to be to purchase 2 of these non-working pins?

Who bought two? Didn’t Bill and Cointaker get two each?

#23715 6 years ago

Really? you like your broke ass POS. That's pretty funny!

Know a guy selling one if your interested.

#23716 6 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Really? you like your broke ass POS. That's pretty funny!
Know a guy selling one if your interested.

Its better than a kingpin or wizard blocks

#23717 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Its better than a kingpin or wizard blocks

Those machines have a standard and functional shooter lane groove in the playfield while Magic Girl does not. There has got to be at least 100 different reasons why Magic Girl is inferior but that one is the most laughable.

#23718 6 years ago

this tread is dead just like magic girl till someone finish this machine.

#23719 6 years ago

What a story with K man! F ing amazing

Cornering the market on MG's. LOL

Sounds like Cointaker let him off the hook.

#23720 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What a story with K man! F ing amazing
Cornering the market on MG's. LOL
Sounds like Cointaker let him off the hook.

He showed us who he really is, as if we didn't already know.

#23721 6 years ago

Can someone summarize what this last page is all about? Someone bought 2 MG's ? Not understanding some of these comments....

#23722 6 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

Can someone summarize what this last page is all about? Someone bought 2 MG's ? Not understanding some of these comments....

Someone who already owns one MG agreed to buy CoinTaker's prototype version for a stupid amount of money, and paid a deposit. He then got cold feet and/or came to his senses and wanted out of the deal. Initially, CoinTaker was going to keep the deposit. Apparently, they are keeping a smaller amount as compensation for being jerked around.

#23723 6 years ago

I guess Applejuice never got a loaner Magic Girl to work on the coding? That's too bad. It would have been a bit of a happier ending if he at least got to play the game for a few months after all the work he put into it.

#23724 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I guess Applejuice never got a loaner Magic Girl to work on the coding? That's too bad. It would have been a bit of a happier ending if he at least got to play the game for a few months after all the work he put into it.

Nobody is allowed to play Magic Girl, ever.

It's kind of like a guilded prison without bars.

I really thought these would hold/gain value but at this point I'm starting to doubt it. Nobody wants these things, they are simply ridiculous. I'd say the odds of them ever getting "finished" are extremely remote at this point.

#23725 6 years ago

Well, I agree. The code will never get finished if he doesn't get a game (or loan of a game) to work with.
There was a UK owner that said he was going to loan him the game a while back. Guess that never happened.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody is allowed to play Magic Girl, ever.
It's kind of like a guilded prison without bars.
I really thought these would hold/gain value but at this point I'm starting to doubt it. Nobody wants these things, they are simply ridiculous. I'd say the odds of them ever getting "finished" are extremely remote at this point.

#23726 6 years ago

How do you code for ball traps, missing toys/mechs and no shooter lane groove?

#23727 6 years ago

Well, I agree. The code will never get finished if he doesn't get a game (or loan of a game) to work with.
There was a UK owner that said he was going to loan him the game a while back. Guess that never happened.

How could the Juice even attempt to finish the code when the game doesn't work?

Before that undertaking could be considered a considerable amount of engineering and design work would have to be done. Seems pretty hopeless to me - the only people with a stake in this are the owners. They'd have to commission this or do the work themselves, I doubt there's gonna be anybody interested in doing any of that for free for them.

#23729 6 years ago

My understanding is that applejuice wasn't interested in a loaner. He is owed money and a game of his own per his agreement. He wants to be made whole or not interested. Which is understandable, it's a business deal not 'for the love of pinball'

#23730 6 years ago

I thought applejuice WAS working on some kind of fixes/update/completion.
Something the owners could purchase. Win for everyone involved.
?

#23731 6 years ago

http://thisweekinpinball.com/magic-girl-pinball-machine-first-stream-features-latest-possible-mass-production/

Read about the .8 update and the loaner he was waiting for.....

Quoted from sd_tom:

My understanding is that applejuice wasn't interested in a loaner. He is owed money and a game of his own per his agreement. He wants to be made whole or not interested. Which is understandable, it's a business deal not 'for the love of pinball'

#23732 6 years ago

You're absolutely right, but there are some mechs that were never coded because he wasn't paid. He's trying to complete what he can so the owners would have a bit more of an incomplete game. Some of the coding was already done and never sent, while more has recently been coded.

Quoted from Mr68:

#23733 6 years ago

How about instead of getting a game for restitution, you had the chance to get a running start and kick jpop in the balls. Would there be any takers? I would think that would be more satisfying then getting one of his crappy pins....

#23734 6 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

How about instead of getting a game for restitution, you had the chance to get a running start and kick jpop in the balls. Would there be any takers? I would think that would be more satisfying then getting one of his crappy pins....

I don't own a this game, but given that option. I wouldn't want to get s#!t all over my shoes.............

#23736 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

You can’t be serious. No shooter lane groove!

Man you fleeced poor old Kman Kim

He did say he got obessed with the MG idea but seriously, getting 2 thinking he was going to flip one. Wtf

Where would you even put #2 in a small NY apartment?

Maybe route it with Crazy Levi?

People put quarters in and it does nothing and they beat the shit out of it!

#23737 6 years ago

Holy crap this is funny stuff. Greed to panic. I wonder how many calls Deep Root got.

#23738 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man you fleeced poor old Kman Kim

That's not fair to me or Chris.

I sold my pre-order spot to him months before the machines were delivered. No one was expecting the bad condition the games would arrive in and everyone was celebrating on Pinside. Remember?

And Chris is simply another victim of Jpop in my opinion. He and Jpop were friends I will remind you, and Chris was the Zidware PR man at the time. Privately Jpop kept telling Chris how great the machine was and got him all hyped up about it. And that's when Chris approached me to buy my spot.

I'm glad that people think I'm so clever but fact is, I just got lucky being approached by a motivated buyer.

#23739 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm glad that people think I'm so clever but fact is, I just got lucky being approached by a motivated buyer under the Jpop spell.

After years of clear and convincing evidence that exposed Jpop, one would have to ask why would there be any "motivated buyers" at that point?

In NO WAY was he a victim of Jpop. Stupidly believing what a serial liar was telling him after all that transpired previously? That's on him.

$23k for ANY pin is a great deal for the Seller so its fair to say you fleeced him. No need to feel bad about it, clever or not, it is what it is.

Then when you go and put a despot down on another MG? WTF. That's not Jpop victimhood, that's beyond stupid and really put Cointaker in a bind as they didn't move the pin when they could have. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was STUPID.

#23740 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:

I don't own a this game, but given that option. I wouldn't want to get s#!t all over my shoes.............

You're thinking of the wrong end. Although with jpoop if you kicked the front side your foot might smell a little fishy...

#23741 6 years ago

It's pretty wild how deep and far the deceptions went, that people even at the very end could think that this game was anything other than a pretty turd.

Hell, look at what it cost American Pinball. And even AFTER they cut their jpop cord people still thought jpop was going to screw together some games by hand at the back of their factory and they were going to be masterpieces.

#23742 6 years ago

FYI: Several Magic Girls sold around the same time as mine and for a lot more money. I was told 25K or more and the highest pre-order spot sold for $50K.

#23743 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: Several Magic Girls sold around the same time as mine and for a lot more money. I was told 25K or more and the highest pre-order spot sold for $50K.

I don't believe any of it but whatever. So there were other dopes/overzealous people out there, sure? $50k, no way anyone could be that stupid. Now Chris told me he thought the value was going to go to $50k on the "greatest collectible pin ever" and I should grab one right away, but the bloom fell off that rose VERY quickly, and most sane people knew better, like yourself.

I felt bad for Chris, he wasn't in his right mind, and told him he was an idiot to his face for buying a MG for any amount of $$, during the time I guess he was lining up the purchase from you. So congrats on that one Kim! I tried to talk him out of it.

He wanted a piece of pinball history and he got it. And later realized he made a horrible deal. That's ok, it happens.

I lost the sympathy for him after hearing the Cointaker story! WTF. He made his own bed and then whined his way out of a deal he made with Cointaker on a second MG.

He admitted how stupid he was so hopefully he can get help and move on from his buddy Jpop! Like everyone should.

#23744 6 years ago

Plonk.

#23745 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now Chris told me he thought the value was going to go to $50k on the "greatest collectible pin ever" and I should grab one right away, but the bloom fell off that rose VERY quickly, and most sane people knew better, like yourself.

Wrong, I did not know at the time. September 2016 is when he bought my spot. No one knew what was coming and the general consensus was excitement concerning Magic Girl. And the reason the bloom fell off the rose was due to Chris himself doing his podcast and videos showing every single flaw. He was first to report and prior to that nobody knew the state of these machines. How could anyone have possibly known before delivery?
And I admired his candor in trashing his own game as I also admired the other MG owners who followed him.

I'm certain your revisionist history is heavily influenced by present day information, but it just isn't so.

I was smart and lucky to make the deal but I'm not clairvoyant.

#23746 6 years ago

No need to keep defending yourself bro.............Joey

#23747 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

No one was expecting the bad condition the games would arrive in and everyone was celebrating on Pinside.

Not sure what insane bubble universe you're living in - everyone I knew couldn't believe he'd make a working game out of the crapfest that they brought to that show. And that's exactly what people got. No one was surprised at all.

#23748 6 years ago

child-blowing-planet-bubbles1 (resized).jpegchild-blowing-planet-bubbles1 (resized).jpeg

#23749 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

ahahahahahahahahahahaaaah

#23750 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

ahahahahahahahahahahaaaah

Prior to 2017, and following the American Pinball debacle with Jpop, the optimism quotient was virtually nonexistent for RAZA and AIW customers. The mere fact that meaningful settlement discussions in the litigation have occurred for the first time in 2017 (and Jpop has remained out of bankruptcy) is reason enough for RAZA and AIW customers to entertain some cautious optimism about a resolution ("cautious" being the operative modifier).

To put the quoted excerpt in context, I am not implying that either of those games will ever be made (which I presume is the predicate for your laughter). Rather, I am referring to a resolution of the lawsuit in which something of satisfactory value is exchanged in return for the dismissal of the suit.

I am among the most skeptical of former Zidware customers, having been the initial plaintiff in the May 2015 lawsuit. My cautious optimism springs from a knowledge of the litigation from its inception, both as an aggrieved litigant and as a litigator. If I were still a party to the suit, 2017 would represent for me the singular light in a proverbial dark tunnel. Time will tell. It always does.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/475 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.