(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 466 of 491.
#23251 7 years ago

John's solution to his problems:

IMG_4227 (resized).JPGIMG_4227 (resized).JPG

#23252 7 years ago

FYI Magic Girl Levitates!

#23253 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

Hahaha,that is so fokking bad man..
You have to shove the ball in to get it to levitate...brutal...

#23254 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

You have to shove the ball in to get it to levitate

But it looks like it CAN be fixed…

#23255 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

» YouTube video

And it actually works. David Blaine on suicide watch.

DavidBlaineTwaaa (resized).jpgDavidBlaineTwaaa (resized).jpg

#23256 7 years ago

That game is crap and you can't fix stupid.

#23257 7 years ago

I never thought I'd say it but I'd rather have a working SP than that pin.

#23258 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

The short version of this topic in case you don't feel like reading 465 pages.
Made a easy to understand comic:

Ah yes, the day sat and signed the artwork created by others like it was his own...

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#23259 7 years ago

Funny to see all the guys who bought into it now make fun of it. Classic.

#23260 7 years ago

Yeah. Hysterical.

#23261 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Funny to see all the guys who bought into it now make fun of it. Classic.

It's like that episode of Everybody loves Raymond where Robert found a dog, later the owner shows up she's been searching for her dog her joy at recovering the dog is short lived since it was a stud dog and Robert had him neutered.

#23262 7 years ago

More website updates, looks like a parts section is coming soon?
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/index.html

zidware_update (resized).jpgzidware_update (resized).jpg

#23263 7 years ago

Oh the adjustment tweak section.
How priceless.

I didn't see the tweak for the levitation feature.

#23264 7 years ago

LOL - under about - he is now a "development studio" not a manufacturer

#23265 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

LOL - under about - he is now a "development studio" not a manufacturer

Reminds me about the one time I was interviewing someone where he used the phrase 'freelance work' (with no actual projects to note) to cover a period of unemployment.

#23266 7 years ago

From the site:

"Each game is invisioned against a storyline, like Adam and Eve and must take into account 1000's of individual parts, miles of electric wire, pounds of steel fasteners and pounds of enamelled copper solenoid coils all required to move the 1-1/16" steel chrome pinball electrically around the illuminated game table."

You can't make up shit this funny.

#23267 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

More website updates, looks like a parts section is coming soon?
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/index.html

This is for real?

Zidware isn't done?

What's the next offered title?

#23268 7 years ago

Will there be mods to, um, finish the game? Such as a 'mystic magnet' mod to replace a missing magnet? It would have been nice if missing parts could have been provided in a bag, so we could finish the work he apparently couldn't after 5 years+.

#23269 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You can't make up shit this funny

He even names the gate. Good thing he isn't getting to technical keep it in layman's terms.

SB_2_tesla_gate.pdfSB_2_tesla_gate.pdf

#23270 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

From the site:
"Each game is invisioned against a storyline, like Adam and Eve and must take into account 1000's of individual parts, miles of electric wire, pounds of steel fasteners and pounds of enamelled copper solenoid coils all required to move the 1-1/16" steel chrome pinball electrically around the illuminated game table."
You can't make up shit this funny.

The line immediately preceding the Jpop portion you quoted on Zidware's website is equally astonishing: "The pinball designs imagined and created are extremely detailed, well thought out in every part on the playfield as well as the hand drawn art package."

What follows, in the section you quoted, are two spelling errors (envisioned and enameled). Details, details. . .imagined but not created. . .

#23271 7 years ago

If JPOP is so concerned for the welfare of MG owners that he is developing a manual, I wonder why Zidware doesn't have a working support number that offers them white glove service Maybe he could send a kit containing: 1 tube of lubricant and instructions to give yourself a happy ending?

#23272 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If JPOP is so concerned for the welfare of MG owners that he is developing a manual, I wonder why Zidware doesn't have a working support number that offers them white glove service Maybe he could send a kit containing: 1 tube of lubricant and instructions to give yourself a happy ending?

Maybe he's hand-crafting the telephone number, with intricate Arabic numerals, making the unique combination to transmit and receive distinct soundwaves of empathy & curiosities.

#23273 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

....to transmit and receive distinct soundwaves of empathy & curiosities.

I got some f&%$ing empathy and curiosity for him... where's my F$%#ing money.

I want my money (resized).jpgI want my money (resized).jpg

#23274 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Kit would contain no lube and only instructions

1 week later
#23276 7 years ago

From the article:

"American Pinball has moved forward with its Houdini machine without Popadiuk’s involvement. It hasn’t written off working with the designer to deliver his other games, but Popadiuk first has work to do. “They have told me that once I get a pre-production Retro Zombie done, they’ll decide if they want to manufacture it,” he says."

#23277 7 years ago

Anyone else who read the article think the subtitle should be "The Chris Kooluris Story" ?

I'm amazed at the mileage he has gotten out of his Magic Girl... probably way more than the Hellcat!

xTheBlackKnightx better look out. Now we have a "real" pinball historian in the house (or Pop Sci's house at least)

#23278 7 years ago

Yikes. The author of that article needs a copy editor.

#23279 7 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Anyone else who read the article think the subtitle should be "The Chris Kooluris Story" ?

I was just about to click on the article and saw this. Thanks for saving me the time.

#23280 7 years ago

There is a new ride at Disney. It's called:

"John Popadiuk's Ramp to Nowhere."

#23281 7 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I was just about to click on the article and saw this. Thanks for saving me the time.

Ha! It did just seem like chris found someone who knew nothing about pinball to interview him and write a hastily done piece that is essentially a retelling of the story in his words. Are a few people still interested in paying 20k+ for these? the hype died quick after they landed in homes

#23282 7 years ago

I just skimmed the article, but can someone tell me if there's a pull quote along the lines of '...pinball's hard, man...'?

I mean, I'd forgive him for everything if he said that a few thousand times!

#23283 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Are a few people still interested in paying 20k+ for these? the hype died quick after they landed in homes

Are any changing hands at all? It seems outside that first week when things were crazy insane, people now see the game for what it is, and it's not something that will be that valuable, no matter how few exist.

#23284 7 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

but can someone tell me if there's a pull quote along the lines of '...pinball's hard, man...'?

quite the opposite:

“I’m proud of the work,” Popadiuk says in a phone interview from his mother’s home in Canada. “I’m not proud about it taking so long and destroying my career. But, I’m proud of the work.”

#23285 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

quite the opposite:
“I’m proud of the work,” Popadiuk says in a phone interview from his mother’s home in Canada. “I’m not proud about it taking so long and destroying my career. But, I’m proud of the work.”

Hmmm - close, but not a match

And to be proud of dragging a body over a finish line years after the race was over is an interesting way to show your dissociative disorder I suppose...

I can only speak for myself - but John hasn't made any efforts to right wrongs and make people really whole - he's made effort on other people's dime to prolong the inevitable...

#23286 7 years ago

JPOP is an incompetent loser.

#23290 7 years ago

What the? https://www.wsj.com/articles/pinball-craftsman-hits-bumpers-building-a-sought-after-machine-1492183267

Edit: Sorry, looks like you have to log into the WSJ to read the article if you follow the link. Does anyone have a way to post this WSJ article and avoid the log in? Looks like it just delves into Kaneda's "I bought a Magic Gurl Adventure". so maybe you don't want want to, haha. Just funny that it made the WSJ.

#23291 7 years ago

What is Chris up to now?

#23292 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What is Chris up to now?

I'm guessing he's pretty dizzy today... what with all the spinning

#23293 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What is Chris up to now?

He seems to be doing very well these days. His podcast continues to grow and he has changed a lot of peoples minds about who he is. Some people will never give him a chance after the damage he did on Pinside and I totally get that. But I'm impressed after becoming a listener and so are other converts.

Rarehero was a recent guest on his show which shocked the crap out of me after some of their Pinside battles. It was great.

#23294 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He seems to be doing very well these days. His podcast continues to grow and he has changed a lot of peoples minds about who he is. Some people will never give him a chance after the damage he did on Pinside and I totally get that.

Except he did the same thing on KLOV, in addition to stiffing a member on a Fix it Felix. The guy's a master self-promoter, nothing more or less. I'm just sick of hearing about his amazing 5 game, Ninja Turtles sheeted bedroom arcade.

#23295 7 years ago

Oh for [purpose of this Easter Holiday's] sake... the very first two words in the first line of the article are "Chris Kooluris."

I'm actually glad the paywall means I can't see the whole thing!

IMG_2303 (resized).PNGIMG_2303 (resized).PNG

#23296 7 years ago

Special K is also a professional in marketing, so I am sure it wasn't too hard for him to reach the proper channels for those articles to be made. He is a master at self promotion, TMNT sheets and all.

#23297 7 years ago

What....

#23298 7 years ago

Renewed ad with significant price reduction on my RAZA waiting spot. I hate Popadiuk after all of these years of waiting and I want out of his shit Amusement park.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/46073

Come on people. We're well into Happy Hour on a Friday night and no better time to make decisions than right now or around midnight. **Free, forty ounce bottle of malt liquor if you act now!

Are there no real men here, no gamblers??

Don't make me promote an article for the Wall Street Journal, guys.

#23299 7 years ago

Shit man...
This COULD have been the week/weekend of Star Wars pinball announcement,
but nawww we get Magic Girl shill news hahahahahahaha.
JPOP wins news worthiness of the week in the Universe of pinball?
Come on pinball universe!

#23300 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

**Free, forty ounce bottle of malt liquor if you act now!
Are there no real men here, no gamblers??

Here's a gamble. I'll sell you mine for $7k and include a 750ml bottle of 18 year old Glenlivet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 466 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/466 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.