(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 490.
#23151 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

had JPOP not burned his bridges with Ben,

It was the other way around

#23152 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Would you still be interested in RAZA being made?

Quoted from toyotaboy:

BHZA would have been pretty cool had JPOP not burned his bridges with Ben, and some of those features actually came to life (and Matt Andrews did some killer artwork). The ridiculous collage of robby robot, clowns, zombies and horrible pukey GI colors turned that game into a nightmare. Seems like when he changed directions, a lot of owners were pissed it changed direction so badly.

I quoted toyotaboy because his post perfectly summarizes why I no longer have any interest in getting a RAZA. Obviously, I would rather have one than get nothing at all, but given the choice, I'd take my money back in a heartbeat. As time went on, the game became an incohesive mess. In its current state, it's much different than the game most of us thought we were getting when we signed the contract.

#23153 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I quoted toyotaboy because his post perfectly summarizes why I no longer have any interest in getting a RAZA. Obviously, I would rather have one than get nothing at all, but given the choice, I'd take my money back in a heartbeat. As time went on, the game became an incohesive mess. In its current state, it's much different than the game most of us thought we were getting when we signed the contract.

Thanks for your responses. I am really sorry that you got burned by all of this.

#23154 7 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

JPonzi ended up screwing everyone to some degree.
* Parts manufacturers didn't get paid.
* Employees/contractors didn't get paid.
* MG buyers didn't get what they paid for. *
* RAZA/AIW buyers didn't get anything.
* Investors lost their money.
I'm listening to 'Ponzi Supernova' on Audible about Bernie Madoff and even after his trial and conviction for running a $65 BILLION dollar Ponzi scheme, Bernie (from prison) claims "he's a good guy, and he was just trying to help people make money". THEY ALL DO! I've watched every episode of 'American Greed' on CNBC and time and time again these guys all say the same thing after they've been caught and convicted... "I'm not a bad guy, I really was running a legitimate business!".
*It's entirely up in the air on what the future value of MG will be. It could be ridiculously valuable or worth much less than the original price tag.

I'd go with worth much less. Right now it classifies as a "current event." In the future, it won't have that benefit. It will still be rare, but it will be a largely non-working rare from a company that never produced any completed projects. It won't be in the same category as any of the prototypes or rates from Williams, Bally, Stern, etc., because all those were actually successful companies with many completed products. This will be in the same category as if Joe Blow tried to make a pinball machine (or anything really) and then gave up before finishing it: virtually worthless.

#23155 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Designing, developing and building Pinball Machines is hard.

Most things worth doing are hard. That is why we, as people, have tools and resources to assist us.

In the case of JPop, he did not properly utilize his resources (consulting other experts) until his primary resource (money) was already gone. With the money being invested into the projects, he could have contracted out independent consultations at multiple times during the development process, which more than likely would have prevented the entire fiasco.

When pinball was at its height as an industry, computing was still in its early stages. Now, decades later, we have the fortunate opportunity to utilize the tools of the personal computer and the general communication of the information age to assist us. If one wishes to individually attempt to tackle major projects such as JPop, without sufficiently utilizing the tools available, then one will be faced with a comparative disadvantage to both competitors and consumers.

Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

Can we get a gofund me going so we can hire somebody to film Ritchie's response to this? O.K., Thanx

I'll post what we talk about, if I talk with them. I doubt all people are that behind the times that they don't utilize computing in some shape or fashion during the design phase.

#23156 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

It was the other way around

What do you mean?

#23157 7 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

What do you mean?

Ben burned his bridges with jpop..

#23158 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ben burned his bridges with jpop..

Yeeeeaaaaahhh...

#23159 7 years ago

Wasn't the story there that JPop asked Ben to choose between him and Charlie?

#23160 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Wasn't the story there that JPop asked Ben to choose between him and Charlie?

The plot thickens....

#23161 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

The plot thickens....

Start at 36:25

#23162 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

» YouTube video
Start at 36:25

Great video of Ben, and very informative of things I did not know. Too bad such a TERRIBLE interviewer, umm yeah like umm terrible...

#23163 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Uh yeah there is... I have 9 thousand dollars worth of check receipts and Paypal... I know what I've been screwed for thank you very much.

I was in for both machines also..I did get some money back but nowhere the full amount. Maybe my refund was just BHZA or RZA instead of MG and I should be getting one of the Magic girl pins already. 27k paid got 10k back and one 5k check bounced that I have as a souvenir. 17k balance should be a MG.

#23164 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

I'd go with worth much less. Right now it classifies as a "current event." In the future, it won't have that benefit. It will still be rare, but it will be a largely non-working rare from a company that never produced any completed projects. It won't be in the same category as any of the prototypes or rates from Williams, Bally, Stern, etc., because all those were actually successful companies with many completed products. This will be in the same category as if Joe Blow tried to make a pinball machine (or anything really) and then gave up before finishing it: virtually worthless.

Don't get stuck with the hot potatoe

#23165 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Don't get stuck with the hot potatoe

3cdfdafdefba7833e90cdc9febb3d954 (resized).jpg3cdfdafdefba7833e90cdc9febb3d954 (resized).jpg

#23166 7 years ago

I can't believe you remembered that! I thought only OLD people such as myself would know this kind of 'ancient history'!!!

#23167 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I can't believe you remembered that! I thought only OLD people such as myself would know this kind of 'ancient history'!!!

1st thing I thought of was Dan Quayle too, I am 45

#23168 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Who are they conning? They haven't taken a cent in preorder funds.

As the French say, "au CONtraire mon ami"!

Your statements are based on a misCONception. I was not trying to be COntroversial. I said (following up on @pinballnewb) that JPOP CONned American Pinball, not that AP CONned anyone.

Please CONsider withdrawing your downvote as I am not CONtradicting your CONtention that AP is not CONning anyone...

Man, this CONstant capitalizing is getting really inCONvenient (not to mention CONceited).

Anyway, I believe we are in CONcord on this issue, but I've got bigger CONcerns for now, so this CONcludes my reply.

#23169 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Guess I'm old.

#23170 7 years ago

support page seems to be slowly getting updated..
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/support.html

You can now download the full manual (home version only available right now)
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/docs.html

Or you can download the warning sticker sheet, including inspected by Lloyd Christmas, or the FBI warning
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/decals.html

Most of the wiring diagrams
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/charts.html

#23171 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Or you can download the warning sticker sheet, including inspected by Lloyd Christmas, or the FBI warning

I dunno.. to me this is starting to look more and more sinister.. like he really is just trying to put up a front to either deflect legal cases against him and/or start the ponzi scheme again?

I do like he explains his part numbering system.. whoever is keeping track of his use of using Z on everything, there's a few more here:
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/partnumbers.html (and BTW, ignore the picture example cause that's just using the inferior Williams part numbering systems)

#23172 7 years ago

Magic Girl magna save in action!

#23173 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

» YouTube video

That's great... but what a waste having that screen down in the belly of the game behind a mountain of plastic. Placed in the traditional position would have been so much better in this game. Try to tell John that....

#23174 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That's great... but what a waste having that screen down in the belly of the game behind a mountain of plastic. Placed in the traditional position would have been so much better in this game. Try to tell John that....

Hard to tell which is the worst feature of MG but I nominate magna save. Pretty much guaranteed to lose your ball when engaged. The magnet throws ball down the outlane, everytime. lame.

#23175 7 years ago

It's the highly anticipated Magna drain!

#23176 7 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Hard to tell which is the worst feature of MG but I nominate magna save. Pretty much guaranteed to lose your ball when engaged. The magnet throws ball down the outlane, everytime. lame.

Don't forget about the spinner disk on the left outlane that drains the ball 99% of the time

#23177 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So, looking at this page you can download an 8 page PDF (2 pages are cover pictures) for the Magic Girl Home edition and will soon be able to download the manual for the Magic Girl Final edition?

So his plans are to put out the full working edition and leave 20 people with half made POS games?

Not that he can really get anything done. But his plans are to screw people even more?

And you have to love his page about how great he is. The teamwork quote is the best -

http://www.zidware.com/inventor/about.html

#23178 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Don't forget about the spinner disk on the left outlane that drains the ball 99% of the time

Almost looks like it needs to spin the reverse direction and have more friction... it uses centrifugal force, which by the angle of entry, places it going towards the outlane lol

#23179 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

So, looking at this page you can download an 8 page PDF (2 pages are cover pictures) for the Magic Girl Home edition and will soon be able to download the manual for the Magic Girl Final edition?
So his plans are to put out the full working edition and leave 20 people with half made POS games?
Not that he can really get anything done. But his plans are to screw people even more?
And you have to love his page about how great he is. The teamwork quote is the best -
http://www.zidware.com/inventor/about.html

Sounds more like he is releasing soon a manual for "it was supposed to be This."

#23180 7 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Already broke his ramp, lol

#23181 7 years ago

The Jinx Spinner needs to spin slower, and have a textured surface, if it doesnt.

I believe the Magna Save is in need of tweaking of sensor, and pulse code to work correctly.

Not saying its going to happen, but what a shame this isnt the state it was in when the last major
show opportunity was present.

Definitely had its possibilities, although doubtful it would have provided enough to sustain the other two.

Lets hope enough "Magic Girl" fooled around with Houdini, and left some Magic left for that game...some neat ideas, although somewhat underwhelming to good code and shots today.

BTW What is the JANX?

#23182 7 years ago
Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Almost looks like it needs to spin the reverse direction and have more friction... it uses centrifugal force, which by the angle of entry, places it going towards the outlane lol

I thought the same thing, it seems like the disk is spinning the wrong way! I wonder if the polarity of the motor could be reversed and spin the motor the opposite direction?

#23183 7 years ago

I bet if Brenda was doing the play by play youturd videos MG might be worth 25k by now.

#23184 7 years ago

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

IMG_1664 (resized).JPGIMG_1664 (resized).JPG

IMG_1685 (resized).JPGIMG_1685 (resized).JPG

#23185 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Just to break things up...I'm still stuck in New Orleans. Over a week. Smoking cigars and eating oysters.

What's a dozen oysters cost down there these days?

#23186 7 years ago

$15

IMG_1679 (resized).JPGIMG_1679 (resized).JPG

#23187 7 years ago

Enjoy, Ted! better then the Snow Storm!

#23188 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Steamed oysters is among my favorite foods.... I would need some horseradish to go along there. (:

#23189 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Had to thumbs-up for them oysters, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucc--- now I'm craving some!

#23190 7 years ago

IMG_1490 (resized).JPGIMG_1490 (resized).JPG

#23191 7 years ago

Are they steamed?

We smash them raw back home. Raw with some Worcester sauce and some chopped onion. Yum.

rd

#23192 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What's a dozen oysters cost down there these days?

Ok, ok, but what does a dozen cigars cost down there these days?

#23193 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Are they steamed?
We smash them raw back home. Raw with some Worcester sauce and some chopped onion. Yum.
rd

In eastern NC I grew up on raw oysters... after taking pathology, I don't eat anymore raw seafood.

#23194 7 years ago

I don't know how you guys can eat those things #gagreflex

#23195 7 years ago

50 years from now CNBC will refer to these as "Popzie" schemes.

#23196 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hope you're loading up on that Zydeco and Dixieland Jazz on Bourbon Street, Ted. Some of the best music in the world!

#23197 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

So, is it true that oysters make you horney? If so, damn you must have had a hard night.

#23198 7 years ago
Quoted from PinSinner:

So, is it true that oysters make you horney?

It's not true. One night I ate a dozen of them but only 10 of them worked.

#23199 7 years ago

Moved to Oysters subforum (I prefer them raw... although I confess a good Po' boy sandwich justifies by itself a trip to New Orleans!)

Back on topic...

Quoted from Concretehardt:

it seems like the disk is spinning the wrong way!

Same impression!

#23200 7 years ago

John posted video of that spinner from 2015, how does his video from then compare with it now:

https://magicgirldev.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/video-of-the-day-jinx-outlane-whizzer/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/464 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.