(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 450 of 491.
#22451 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the philosophizing going on about this insane phenomena...but bottom line, somehow they made 20 or so of these things...they are basically half-finished project machines, and a handful of people are willing to spend insane money on 'em.
I really can't explain it and neither can you. I guess it just shows how crazy the very top end of this hobby is right now, but I don't think it really relates to anything else. Doesn't have anything to do with any other game or manufacturer, trends in the hobby or industry, or anything else.
Basically, it's just some crazy shit. I hope whomever ponies up the cost of a nicely-loaded Toyota gets some enjoyment out of their investment.

Maybe were at the end of time!

Dr. Peter Venkman: This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor: What do you mean, “biblical”?
Dr Ray Stantz: What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath-of-God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz: Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling.
Dr. Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes…
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria.

oh wait maybe that is another thread.

#22452 7 years ago

At the same time we have those who wound up with the Predator prototypes being treated as pariahs. Last I heard they were going to have to cough them up, or pay for them again plus a penalty if they want to keep them.

Just an interesting contrast, not saying anything disparaging about either group!

#22453 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

At the same time we have those who wound up with the Predator prototypes being treated as pariahs. Last I heard they were going to have to cough them up, or pay for them again plus a penalty if they want to keep them.
Just an interesting contrast, not saying anything disparaging about either group!

MG were first in line paying people.

Predator prototype people were not only cutting in line in front of paying people, they did not have receipts.

#22454 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

had the Zidware project never happened at all - I could easily have seen him doing a one off game at JJP like Lawlor.

Absolutely Debatable...
Also...
The World May Never Know...

#22455 7 years ago

Just for pinball history in reference to Mr. Heck's comments:

"Do the original (BBB) 10 ever change hands?"

Although the correct number is 14 an enthusiast needs to look more closely.
Out of the 11/13 known owners (as one was lost in a fire), the answer is rarely, but do happen. Average price is $25K. Two are still "missing" most likely with former Capcom employees or management somewhere. This is just not even private information even for those that have been around for while. It is even possible the last two absent games are no longer existing as well. These type of things happen.

"Also the same hobby where 80 people couldn't give Stern 15k fast enough for BM66SLE."

The interesting thing about the this aspect is Stern had nearly 400 submissions, not that I can say they were all serious in actually buying the game. Some were sarcastic jokes. It is not like I want Stern using my collection as a poster child for free marketing, nor do I wish my privacy to be invaded. There are many more collectors with affluence than than there are active regular posters on PinSide. Many have just "gotten into the game" in the past 10 years. They do not care if Stern knows what they own. They are excited to be in the hobby. It is not "just one more game" that is common after a while. Did people notice nearly NONE of the owners are actually talking about MG or BM66 SLE? I am not particularly surprised at all, simply as there is no point. They already know what they received. One MG is less than 10 minutes from my house. Another is less than two hours. If you move in the hobby, you know the people. This is still a fairly small circle of collectors. They are not always the "new money".

So what is truly rare? What is valuable?

People just need to understand what constitutes rare, what is collectable, and prototypes which MG qualifies. It is not about money, and never will be for those that are truly interested. There is no "limit". Anything can be valuable, but their has to be a perception of worth. Smart collectors know what will become valuable, simply due to experience, regardless of personal worth to themselves. My article regarding pinball production categories just makes this a bit more clear. BM66 SLE is an example of artificial rarity taken to a level where the value of what you are receiving is marginal in comparison to the game of other versions. This type of action in other collectible markets would not be accepted, as owners would laugh at what was offered for equivalent cost. This is not the case in pinball, where the percentage of new owners outweighs the old. The "value" is not even perceptible from the standpoint of actual knowledgeable collectors. They simply do not buy into the hype, unless smitten by the theme. This is a common mistake by new owners of said items in any type of market.

Marketing is building block of the hype for MG to become even higher than the legend in the past 6 years, and will not stop for some time. Coupled with latest generation of "cookie cutter" collectors who want to stand out in their own circles uniquely. I can list dozens of people who in the early 2000s did the the same thing as the "new Stern collectors" of today. There are other example games and periods in pinball history.

Watch this movie in its entirety:

What is "the hype"?

The best example I can think of "the hype" that many people will more easily remember in the past 20 or so year was not BBB. This happened very slowly at first. It was CC. When WMS made the game, distributors actually REFUSED to sell the game to people, knowing it was the last "standard" DMD title to be made prior to Pinball 2000. They were asking DOUBLE the MSRP right out of the gate, for those few that actually had orders filled. Quite a turn of events from the standard "wait until the game goes into closeout from operators" up to that time with only a couple exceptions in the waning years of production. Even some collectors got into the feeding frenzy in 1998. It tooks several years for the game to go beyond double its values, after the initial jump. People often forget how much pricing has changed in the last five years alone, which in some cases has TRIPLED. Many were not around, so how would they know anyway?

What is the future of Zidware?

GLWA to Rob Berk on the first official PUBLIC sale of the MG game.
Several have already exchanged hands at very high values offline.
The games will be flipped around for the next couple of years, until every person has their fill of "they have owned a MG".
The same thing still happens with other games as well.

There will be no efforts to make other "contributors to the JPop equation whole" in terms of the other games paid for development but never received. Logistically, financially, or for purposes of marketing it makes no sense by anyone, not just American Pinball. If "investors" start to try and get serious on this subject, they are walking into another MG minefield, and the results will end badly, as they are simply repeating history again. I do feel badly that history's mistakes get repeated due to lack of knowledge.

#22456 7 years ago
Quoted from Dooskie:

After all the crap and waiting, the MG owners deserve to have something good happen.

They do deserve something good...absolutely. So do the BHZA/RAZA "owners." But those of us who sank money into BHZA/RAZA came in at the wrong level of the pyramid.

#22458 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

$60k any takers?
losangeles.craigslist.org link

wew lad

#22459 7 years ago

Yeah, just as depressing as the RAZA blog. Bunch of popped bubbles.

#22460 7 years ago

What happens now? There still must be legal action against Zidware over Raza and AIW right?

#22461 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

What happens now? There still must be legal action against Zidware over Raza and AIW right?

Sure seems like he ran a pyramid like scheme... But since he did put out something and ran it as an LLC I wonder what kind of case the bottom of the pyramid has.

#22462 7 years ago

Considering the potential selling price for Magic Girl would you rather have a Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, and Attack From Mars (pinside average of 30K) or a Magic Girl? I know what I would choose.

#22463 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Considering the potential selling price for Magic Girl would you rather have a Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Monster Bash, and Attack From Mars (pinside average of 30K) or a Magic Girl? I know what I would choose.

Some people want to eat a Komodo dragon for dinner.

#22464 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Some people want to eat a Komodo dragon for dinner.

Seems like Magic Girl (as it currently stands) is similar to eating White Castle. It's good at the time but you may end up paying for it later.

On a side note I have a question. If these pins are wrapped up and on their way to owners is JPOP still working in his allotted space at American Pinball or has he been asked to leave?

#22465 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I love the philosophizing going on about this insane phenomena...but bottom line, somehow they made 20 or so of these things...they are basically half-finished project machines, and a handful of people are willing to spend insane money on 'em.
I really can't explain it and neither can you. I guess it just shows how crazy the very top end of this hobby is right now, but I don't think it really relates to anything else. Doesn't have anything to do with any other game or manufacturer, trends in the hobby or industry, or anything else.
Basically, it's just some crazy shit. I hope whomever ponies up the cost of a nicely-loaded Toyota gets some enjoyment out of their investment.

In the collecting world, nothing makes sense.

This blue painting with a white line down the middle........ sold for $43 million

If collectors want something they gotta have it.

blue (resized).jpgblue (resized).jpg

#22466 7 years ago

you do realize there are fundamentally different things going on here.

In the case of Predator people paid After the fact in order to get games. In the case of parts, it appears they were sold to a single individual whom then resold them to the people than now have them. These 'pariahs' (I would use a different P word) have in all cases helped to give funds to Kevin after he already scammed the community for a minimum of 400k. They did it for their own greed or ego it appears. In some cases these 'pariahs' seem to have even aided Kevin in hiding the facts of where money, parts, and assets are.

In the case of MG, these appear to all be 100% paying customers that paid in full 5-6 years ago and are finally getting games.

The similarity in both case is that their are pending legal actions and the potential for all people to have the courts come take back assets in the future. With both issues there is still the potential for things to get messier before they get cleaner.

Last I heard they were going to have to cough them up, or pay for them again plus a penalty if they want to keep them.

Where did you hear this? Interesting take on it. I assume this is in reference to the pending legal actions against Fife? If so, I dont think he has the option to keep given the sale of licensed material without the rights to do so. That is one big ace in the sleeve of Predator cases that sadly the Jpop people dont have.

#22467 7 years ago
Quoted from Nighthawk128:

It doesn't matter that I sold MG, I am full steam ahead with my lawsuit to recover RAZA money. And I say money because its my firm belief RAZA and AIW will never be made. Never.

Which suits me just fine after this nightmare, as I don't want any of these machines in my home especially when they're missing parts, not functioning and likely to never work.

Quoted from stpcore:

On a side note I have a question. If these pins are wrapped up and on their way to owners is JPOP still working in his allotted space at American Pinball or has he been asked to leave?

He has been asked to leave and under dark circumstances. I recommend AP splash his work area with bleach and then set it on fire.

#22468 7 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

The simple fact is there are far more people with more money than they can spend, than there are MG games. Only around 20 games exist, there will always be more people that would like it in their game room, for whatever reason, than there are games to go around.
Like it or hate it, Magic Girl is part of pinball history.

Yes...it's like this in EVERY area of collecting. Baseball cards ...$1 each EXCEPT for that special one that only 100 were make...$1,000!
or Vinyl Figures. $5 each EXCEPT for the Limited PINK One....$2,000. Or Movie Posters...Mummy Half Sheet $400,000! No matter what, there will always be collectors out there with DEEP pockets that want the rare or Limited Version. WHY this is a surprise or shock to anyone is beyond me.....

#22469 7 years ago

This is a total win for MG buyers. I would never unbox it. Start the sales process now but don't be in a hurry. If it's gonna go up, it could be north of $40k in a month. Hard to see the downslope from here. What, if anything, could cause it to drop in price now? The market is fully informed. If nothing could cause a drop in price, I would argue that then it is destined to go up with sky (pinball market sky) as limit. Inevitable.

Congratulations Universe....You win.

#22470 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Version. WHY this is a surprise or shock to anyone is beyond me.....

agreed. Every collectible hobby has these uber rich collectors. Reality is that a few of them are around these parts but the majority are just regular working stiffs.

Levi said it correctly that MGs and the current state of that aspect of pinball has little/ nothing to do with the rest of the hobby for all us regular folks. I actually hope Stern and other manufacturers contine to rake in the big bucks off the SLE crowd. Maybe that will help offset on the PRO models cost down the line (I know, wishful thinking and not going to happen).

I actually think it would be smart if SPooky started offering 25 SLE for the new games they put out. I see no reason they cant do something special or cool and sell 25 of game #3 at 12k. That extra 6k becomes 150k extra profit to pay for the super cool mech in the other 475 standard models. Just customize that mech for the SLE folks and add special powder/trim. Seems liek the smart thing to do to cater to the uber rich in the hobby.

#22471 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Aside from the windfall that reselling a MG would bring, I'd rather have any one of those games in my lineup!

#22472 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

agreed. Every collectible hobby has these uber rich collectors

But pinball isn't that big.. so how many of these uber rich collectors who will leap to spend 30k on a title are there? Stern's recent experiment would suggest less than 100...

I guess the magic number is how many times the games will sell before that market is satisified..

And I again point at other truly rare or unique titles.. that don't pull this kind of coin. This is people still being swooned by the JPOP spell.

If I were him, I'd be finding another partner ASAP and get his next titles out there. He can tell people he sold his game for 3x the going price of other titles, and even once it was complete, it immediately doubled in value in the second hand market... and since then the 'collector' games are even hotter.

This is manufactured collectibility... and the same kind of runaway train that sinks many hobbies. When people value and pay.. for artificial collectibility.

#22473 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But pinball isn't that big.. so how many of these uber rich collectors who will leap to spend 30k on a title are there? Stern's recent experiment would suggest less than 100...
I guess the magic number is how many times the games will sell before that market is satisified..
And I again point at other truly rare or unique titles.. that don't pull this kind of coin. This is people still being swooned by the JPOP spell.
If I were him, I'd be finding another partner ASAP and get his next titles out there. He can tell people he sold his game for 3x the going price of other titles, and even once it was complete, it immediately doubled in value in the second hand market... and since then the 'collector' games are even hotter.
This is manufactured collectibility... and the same kind of runaway train that sinks many hobbies. When people value and pay.. for artificial collectibility.

completely agree and think this is yet another cut on the hobby as a whole.

Luckily I continue to find, restore, collect, and enjoy largely oddball decks that are a fraction of the price and drama as these 10k plus machines.

#22474 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But pinball isn't that big.. so how many of these uber rich collectors who will leap to spend 30k on a title are there?

Markets often move in irrational ways because people in charge of the money are often irrational. Stock bubbles, housing bubbles, tech bubbles. Yahoo was worth billions at one point, Twitter's market cap is how many billion and they've yet to turn a profit?

"Big" money is a relative term in any market and the big money doesn't evaluate risk and value the same way that many of us do. If I had to keep Magic Girl I wouldn't take one if it were free. It's a reminder of all the people who have been screwed and I don't want it in my house.

#22475 7 years ago

Whysnow, Taxman, you're right, the MG buyers deserved to get their games, while the Predator protos are tainted. But RAZA/AIW victims might not see the distinction to be so glaring.

I thought one of the court documents said give the protos back or else their value plus a penalty, I dunno, maybe it was late. You're certainly more on top of it than I, Hilton.

#22476 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It doesn't matter that I sold MG, I am full steam ahead with my lawsuit to recover RAZA money. And I say money because its my firm belief RAZA and AIW will never be made. Never.
Which suits me just fine after this nightmare, as I don't want any of these machines in my home especially when they're missing parts, not functioning and likely to never work.

I will be contacting Zane myself now and considering all other options on the table as well. Whether or not separate and/or additional actions need to be taken.

It's reached the point now where I'm not a fan of how this is all playing out, especially with the last straw being dealt for Raza and AIW buyers. Unfortunately, just another stain on pinball and we are left to the courts for me now as a last resort.

And it's not about the money.

#22477 7 years ago

On Ebay, current bid is $20100 with 7 days to go.
"THE HOLY GRAIL ,THIS IS IT.....NEW IN THE BOX, NEVER OPENED ,ONLY ONE OF 19 TO BE MADE THIS IS NUMBER 3 HAND BUILT AND ASSEMBLED BY THE DESIGNER JOHN POPADIUK.DONT LET THIS ONE GET AWAY..... "
Hopefully JPOP had a better hand building this one than in his last ventures. But obviously there is a market out there for anything as long as it is rare.

#22478 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yes...it's like this in EVERY area of collecting. Baseball cards ...$1 each EXCEPT for that special one that only 100 were make...$1,000!
or Vinyl Figures. $5 each EXCEPT for the Limited PINK One....$2,000. Or Movie Posters...Mummy Half Sheet $400,000! No matter what, there will always be collectors out there with DEEP pockets that want the rare or Limited Version. WHY this is a surprise or shock to anyone is beyond me.....

Reminds of when I watch Curious George with my daughter. There's this episode where Mr. Glass wants a painting made by a painting elephant for his building lobby. His primary requirement is that it be "UNIQUE !". If it isn't unique he doesn't want it. In fact when curious george rips the painting and makes a copy to try to cover his mistake Mr. Glass doesn't want it anymore since it isn't unique. I think that's a general commentary on most of the deep pocketed collector market. There is no better way to show you have more money than other people than to have what they can't and pay ridiculous prices for it. To hell with functionality or actual value/merit.

#22479 7 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

There is no better way to show you have more money than other people than to have what they can't and pay ridiculous prices for it. To hell with functionality or actual value/merit.

Always been that way and always will.

#22480 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If I were him, I'd be finding another partner ASAP and get his next titles out there.

Jpop/Zidware still lives under the Pintasia contract. That has not concluded as far as I know. A new company comes along and they will have to deal with Pintasia just as AP had to do. And when the new company verifies with AP about Mr Popaduik's dealings, I'm certain they will speak freely of how they were duped and it cost them multiple thousands of dollars. (Hundreds of thousands my guess)

I suppose anything could happen but I still believe it is highly unlikely RAZA, AIW will ever see the light of day.

#22481 7 years ago

They should have made another 30 MG's like John had originally planned to do, auction those off to satisfy the Raza and AIW debts, Yeti, Applejuice and the vendors.

Why wasn't that done?

#22482 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They should have made another 30 MG's like John had originally planned to do, auction those off to satisfy the Raza and AIW debts, Yeti, Applejuice and the vendors.
Why wasn't that done?

Because no one had a clue these 19 would be worth the kind of money they seem to be going for. More power to the owners for getting what they can get.

#22483 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why wasn't that done?

And diminish the "value" of the original MG 19?

#22484 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Because no one had a clue these 19 would be worth the kind of money they seem to be going for. More power to the owners for getting what they can get.

No clue? Really? Make another 30 now then.

People were flipping these for MUCH more months before they were delivered.

#22485 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No clue? Really? Make another 30 now then.
People were flipping these for MUCH more months before they were delivered.

They / He definitely won't be making any more and part of the reason they will fetch the money that they do is because of the rarity. If there was 200 of them, nobody would care.

#22486 7 years ago

Whysnow, Taxman, you're right, the MG buyers deserved to get their games, while the Predator protos are tainted. But RAZA/AIW victims might not see the distinction to be so glaring.
I thought one of the court documents said give the protos back or else their value plus a penalty, I dunno, maybe it was late. You're certainly more on top of it than I, Hilton.

I understand there is still a huge debt owed to RAZA and AIW buyers. No doubt. But items are being shipped in the order they were paid. There has been no bankruptcy filing so the court should not see a problem here.

The Predator prototypes and merchandise do not have any receipts. Therefore no established date of sale and there is a bankruptcy filing. If they can't prove an actual sale it simply looks like Kevin it giving his friends assets to hold onto while he says he owns nothing. Kevin was already found [and I don't think allegedly at this point] using Predator money towards purchases put in other's names for the purpose of obfuscation. This is such a huge difference between these fiascos.

This is bad business versus possible criminal activity.

#22487 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why wasn't that done?

Are there really 50 collector's out there that would be willing to pay $20K or more for one of these? I can see there being 10-20 of these "super collectors" out there with super deep pockets but I think once you start increasing the numbers available the prices will fall flat. Prices are high now because there's only a handful for sale but I think even if all 19 were available to purchase right now for $20K that many would sit unsold.

#22488 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

They / He definitely won't be making any more and part of the reason they will fetch the money that they do is because of the rarity. If there was 200 of them, nobody would care.

Ice isn't calling for 200 more. He is calling for 30 more (55 in total then).

Doubling even from 25 of them to 50 of them is going to have little impact on secondary market. When Stern can sell 80 BM66SLE in no time flat then it seems there are plenty of collectors/ uber collectors willing to take up the extra stock of 25 more of these.

With some owners stating secondary flips of 30k plus, I am pretty sure Jpop has no legal obligation to hold fast at 25 built (heck he already increased that number 2x in the past). This honestly seems like the simplest way for him to put this all behind him and extricate himself form the mess he got in.

I would guess there is zero legal reason for him not to make 25 more and slowly leak them out over time. He could even do so and not disclise it to anyone.

#22489 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Doubling even from 25 of them to 50 of them is going to have little impact on secondary market. When Stern can sell 80 BM66SLE in no time flat then it seems there are plenty of collectors/ uber collectors willing to take up the extra stock of 25 more of these.
With some owners stating secondary flips of 30k plus, I am pretty sure Jpop has no legal obligation to hold fast at 25 built (heck he already increased that number 2x in the past). This honestly seems like the simplest way for him to put this all behind him and extricate himself form the mess he got in.
I would guess there is zero legal reason for him not to make 25 more and slowly leak them out over time. He could even do so and not disclise it to anyone.

Just because there's 80 people willing to pay $15K for an actual working "limited" pinball machine doesn't mean there's 25 willing to pay $16k or more for a project game with no shooter lane groove. I really do think it's hard to compare the two things. I mean...there's a Batman SLE on Route in brooklyn for god's sake. It's a real, bona fide, actual pinball machine in every sense. I don't think you could stick a Magic Girl in a bar and expect to function as an actual working commercial pinball machine for even 20 minutes.

We'll never know I would bet. Jpop is once again a man without a country and I'm 100 % positive he'll never have anything to do with pinball production again!

(that of course is at least half a joke. Jpop is the Cher of pinball)

#22490 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

But who on earth would pay for another 30 to be built? There isn't any money apparently.

#22491 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But who on earth would pay for another 30 to be built? There isn't any money apparently.

1 at a time. I am guessing Jpop would/ is. Make one and it costs him 5k. Sell it out the back door for 20k. Build 3 more with that money and out the back door again.

#22492 7 years ago

Ok,my 2 cents..
Magic Girl has been created with our Raza and Aiw money.
Where is MY item where i can fetch $20.100 dollars for?
Very happy for people getting THEIR pins,but they walk away with FAT profits and to tell you the truth: it feels kind of wrong?
What's up with that?
We are in this crap together...yeah right...
We have been loyal and paying you for years while you were tinkering jpop?
Were we sponsors for magic girl?

IMG_3317 (resized).JPGIMG_3317 (resized).JPG

#22493 7 years ago

I wonder what that Kardboard KISS machine he made (complete with the scabs on the artwork) would fetch. I mean, it's only slightly less playable than MG. And you'd get the KISS Army bidding on it, and those guys will pay thousands of dollars for a Kiss RC van toy. Anybody see that thing lately?

#22494 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder what that Kardboard KISS machine he made (complete with the scabs on the artwork) would fetch. I mean, it's only slightly less playable than MG. And you'd get the KISS Army bidding on it, and those guys will pay thousands of dollars for a Kiss RC van toy. Anybody see that thing lately?

Didn't that go to a sick friend/family?

#22495 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

1 at a time. I am guessing Jpop would/ is. Make one and it costs him 5k. Sell it out the back door for 20k. Build 3 more with that money and out the back door again.

John make a game himself? That's some funny shit right there.

#22496 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Didn't that go to a sick friend/family?

Yeah. And my dad gave the misbehaving dog to a kindly farmer.

#22497 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

John make a game himself? That's some funny shit right there.

? Whom made these current MGs?

I thought peopel said AP guys were not helping?

#22498 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

? Whom made these current MGs?
I thought peopel said AP guys were not helping?

A lot of this secrecy is just that. I believe AP obviously helped to save face but they are trying to maintain the distance from jpop. It is a bizarre situation but I don't believe jpop built these in his own.

#22499 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

Ok,my 2 cents..
Magic Girl has been created with our Raza and Aiw money.
Where is MY item where i can fetch $20.100 dollars for?
Very happy for people getting THEIR pins,but they walk away with FAT profits and to tell you the truth: it feels kind of wrong?
What's up with that?
We are in this crap together...yeah right...

I don't disagree with what you are saying. At the end of the day, some people got very lucky and others got screwed. Are the MG people entitled to that money more than the RAZA/AIW people? Hell no, but it's not like all the MG owners were going to get together and say, "Hey, let's auction off all the games to highest bidders and split the profits among ALL the pre-order people". In this dog eat dog world, that was simply never a realistic scenario.

#22500 7 years ago

If he built them on his own he could build another 30. That will be an option for the bankruptcy judge to consider

It was part of the original plan to build 50 anyhow. Bill, myself and others were "on the list"

His comment to me was, "how could anybody think I reasonably only build 13, 17, or 19, I really screwed that up"

Before expo, "Hey John are you ready for the MG deposit? No, but be ready, I'll be calling you guys soon"

Expo blew up with TBL and the rug reveal and the rest is history.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 450 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.