(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 491.
#2151 9 years ago

If you want scorched earth, I hear Phil might be available. Have to laugh or cry at all these shenanigans.

#2152 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hey, I got a shirt so far.

Just curious...can you buy one of those shirts? Is there a shopping cart on one of those dozen websites?

#2153 9 years ago

I would also think some of raza has to be spent on magic girl... The platform is the same as mg. he could easily say that some of the razA funds were used in developing the platform and were taken since its development was the end result

#2154 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Just curious...can you buy one of those shirts? Is there a shopping cart on one of those dozen websites?

No but you can preorder it

#2155 9 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I want a T-Shirt , who has one?

I got one......slightly soiled. I'll let it go for what I have in it. A mere $9500.00 cash only.

#2156 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I got one......slightly soiled. I'll let it go for what I have in it. A mere $9500.00 cash only.

I have an ultra rare Magic Girl shirt for sale. $17,000.00.

#2157 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You're in IL...just fucking camp out on his front door till he gives you back what's yours

Exactly. Just go down there and get the money back. And don't leave until you have it.

rd.

#2158 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

No but there's a preorder

LOL! One of the things I told him early on was that he should be selling those things so that he'd at least have some trickle money coming in that wasn't pre-order money. I think I've accumulated about 3 or 4, including a hockey shirt (I think).

#2159 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

No but you can preorder it

A preorder assumes delivery of something. It should be called a donation..

#2160 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

If you want scorched earth, I hear Phil might be available. Have to laugh or cry at all these shenanigans.

Phil could refund deposit $$

#2161 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

A preorder assumes delivery of something. It should be called a donation..

More like consolation prize...

#2162 9 years ago

Coin taker the biggest fucked in these deals. He's in on mg and then his own 25 raza and put up lots of cash. Feel bad for him. Great guy

#2163 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

John seems to care about his stature amongst pinball designers, I can't understand how he can be oblivious to a thread of over 2,000 posts on pinside ripping him apart

Quoted from slapshot:

I would bet he is following this closely

He isn't following too closely, he hasn't been on pinside since Sept 30 according to his profile. He should be getting generally warned by some of the people around him though, I would hope.

#2164 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

http://shopzidware.com

Nothing for sale though...

#2165 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Coin taker the biggest fucked in these deals. He's in on mg and then his own 25 raza and put up lots of cash. Feel bad for him. Great guy

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but I talked to Chris today and he said he's got way more invested than all of us. Great guy for sure!

#2166 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Don't know if you saw my post earlier, but I talked to Chris today and he said he's got way more invested than all of us. Great guy for sure!

Sucks jpop fuckin him too

#2169 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Guys what's the point of all this^
For the guys with money out to John like me what are you suggesting we do? Panic? Threaten? Lawyer up, have a sit in protest at his shop?
IMHO All we can do is wait some more... It is what it is at this point!

This is all starting to feel like chronic abuse or theft. Both of which are a crime.

Definition of chronic:
- 1. Of long duration; continuing.
- 2. Lasting for a long period of time or marked by frequent recurrence.
- 3. Subject to a habit or pattern of behavior for a long time.

Definition of Abuse - use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse (Your money IS being used for a bad purpose. You are getting NOTHING for your hard earned money. That's misuse in my books).

With all due respect, if I felt like I was abused or robbed I sure the hell wouldn't be taking a "wait some more" attitude. If this was happening to one of my family members I would seriosly consider some extreme measures.

John promised you all a "Lebowski Rug Reveal" and once again he has lied to you all which occurs over and over again. I think it's time to raise some serious hell with this guy. He's not only abusing our fellow pin brothers and sisters, he's dragging the great pinball hobby through the muck!!!

QSS

#2170 9 years ago

Let's stop all the "lawyer up", "scorched earth" BS. That's stupid.

Nobody wins there, and the attorney general, you gotta fucking be kidding me, they will laugh your ass right out of the place. We were/are willing buyers and he is still in some sort of progress, even though he's slower than a turtle.

It might be fun to rubberneck and throw gasoline onto the fire that is the Jpop bus exploding in the ditch, but its not gonna change a thing.

Us "owners" are gonna have to exercise a little more patience despite what the drive by paparazzi want us to do.

When he asks for more money. It's simple, say NO, when our pins are ready to ship you get the remaining balance. PERIOD. If he can't do that, it's game over and life goes on.

That's the state of the union and the position we are in. The rest is just BS!

#2171 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When he asks for more money. It's simple, say NO, when our pins are ready to ship you get the remaining balance. PERIOD. If he can't do that, it's game over and life goes on.

I agree. You're either getting a game because you force his hand, or you're getting nothing. Does anyone really think Jpop has the cash on hand to refund everyone? And would you really be happy getting a couple hundred bucks if you managed it?

I personally doubt anyone is getting a game. But hey, maybe if you really corner him he'll realize he has to stop fucking around, and people can come in and help him get it done. Parachute the FAST team in for a weekend and they'll have a game up and running, you watch.

#2172 9 years ago

I guess this kind of sums things up at this point...

jpop.jpgjpop.jpg
#2173 9 years ago

Is that 12 pinside tabs open??

#2174 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

LOL! One of the things I told him early on was that he should be selling those things so that he'd at least have some trickle money coming in that wasn't pre-order money. I think I've accumulated about 3 or 4, including a hockey shirt (I think).

He is selling a clock.. which is BHZA, which isn't even relevant:
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1490

#2175 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let's stop all the "lawyer up", "scorched earth" BS. That's stupid.
Nobody wins there, and the attorney general, you gotta fucking be kidding me, they will laugh your ass right out of the place. We were/are willing buyers and he is still in some sort of progress, even though he's slower than a turtle.
It might be fun to rubberneck and throw gasoline onto the fire that is the Jpop bus exploding in the ditch, but its not gonna change a thing.
Us "owners" are gonna have to exercise a little more patience despite what the drive by paparazzi want us to do.
That's the state of the union and the position we are in. The rest is just BS!

If I were still in on BHZA (now RAZA which seems to be a very different pin than the one that I signed up for), I would be agreeing with you on this. Not having any money down on it can certainly result in having a different perspective.

Looking at this from the point of view of still having money in, I certainly agree with you that it is too soon to go the scorched earth route (lawsuit) as that would have a snowball effect (you would certainly wind up with multiple parties/plaintiffs joining in, wanting to save money on attorney fees by splitting the bills) that would doom the project for sure.

Having said that, I would concentrate on nothing other than demanding answers from JPop in terms of getting a new timeline for completion of various aspects of the project being completed, including expected production and delivery dates. (edit: funny, thinking about it, I said the same thing the last time that this thread exploded 2 months ago...)

If he doesn't stick to the new timeline, I would set some personal drop dead date for having enough information to know that the game would be shipping. If that date came and went and there was no indication that shipping was imminent, I would go full blown legal action (with others). You just can't let this go on forever, even if the money is gone, you need to put a stop to the charade.

Discovery in that case would be fun. I'd like to see him try and use his NDA as an excuse to not answer interrogatories!

#2176 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Having said that, I would concentrate on nothing other than demanding answers from JPop in terms of getting a new timeline for completion of various aspects of the project being completed, including expected production and delivery dates. (edit: funny, thinking about it, I said the same thing the last time that this thread exploded 2 months ago...)

If he doesn't stick to the new timeline, I would set some personal drop dead date for having enough information to know that the game would be shipping. If that date came and went and there was no indication that shipping was imminent, I would go full blown legal action (with others). You just can't let this go on forever, even if the money is gone, you need to put a stop to the charade.

Discovery in that case would be fun. I'd like to see him try and use his NDA as an excuse to not answer interrogatories!

We've been banging that drum since expo. Still haven't seen evidence of the "project manager".

The NDA, is and has been for a long time, a JOKE! Who here is going to pay lawyers an hourly rate to go after John? You know that is throwing good money after bad. I agree it would be fun though.

This charade is just going to have run its course, it will come to a head soon enough. He has to ask for more funds for the additional MG games and RAZA next round. Leverage table turns then.

He can keep running around in circles but he ain't going anywhere. Maybe he'll spend the rest of his life finishing these pins and drive himself insane? Who knows.

#2177 9 years ago
Quoted from GLModular:

Is that 12 pinside tabs open??

Uh-huh. Friday arvo here.

#2178 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I agree. You're either getting a game because you force his hand, or you're getting nothing. Does anyone really think Jpop has the cash on hand to refund everyone? And would you really be happy getting a couple hundred bucks if you managed it?

No and No to those questions.

We may not ever get pins, RAZA anyhow, MG guys will get theirs in whatever state it ends up in but I believe they either get done or John dies trying. It might be an old age death, but still trying nonetheless

#2179 9 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He is selling a clock.. which is BHZA, which isn't even relevant:
http://shop.cointaker.com/product.sc?productId=1490

I like the description of that clock:

"This clock showcases the Zombies from the 2013 Game, Ben Heck's Zombieland Adventure."

Riiiiiiight...

#2180 9 years ago

And the JPOP thread takes the lead...Dutch Pinball falls into second. Which one really blows up and leaves the other in the dust? Taking bets now!

#2181 9 years ago

All this talk of getting an updated timeline seems misplaced. He can just make up a new timeline, he's learned that missing self imposed deadlines are not that big of a deal...

What you guys really need is a full accounting, inventory and budget (the budget would be tied to some timeline. Here is what I would ask:

1) How much money has he taken in total from customers to date?
2) How much capital did he invest into the company from third parties or himself?
3) What is in the bank account as of today?
4) What is his cash burn rate monthly?
5) How much is his salary (broken down by each year of the project)?
6) What is the outstanding accounts payable not yet paid?
7) How much is left outstanding in pre-order money from people who have signed up (this is his only AR)?
8) Does he intend to contribute capital to the company moving forward and if so how much and when?
9) What are the assets of the company (mostly equipment I would presume)?
10) What is his inventory?
11) How much in parts does he need to build out MG in total? How about Raza?
12) What will the labor costs be?
13) Costs to pursue patents further and other weird intangible costs?

Once all this is answered you guys can decide the next step...and whether JPop is able to build the games even if he is inclined to do so.

#2182 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

jpop express.jpgjpop express.jpg
#2183 9 years ago

So in ~2200 posts has there actually been an update?

#2184 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

image-229.jpg 78 KB

Good luck getting that one through the USPTO - if it does then someone should go patent the wheel again. Multimorphic's P3 has been out for YEARS prior to this application, publicly, and I'm guessing has their own IP related to video screens interactive with a pinball in a pinball machine... Patents are not cheap to file, litigate, or maintain...

#2185 9 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Good luck getting that one through the USPTO - if it does then someone should go patent the wheel again. Multimorphic's P3 has been out for YEARS prior to this application, publicly, and I'm guessing has their own IP related to video screens interactive with a pinball in a pinball machine... Patents are not cheap to file, litigate, or maintain...

I know, we also wasted thousands of cash on patent stuff... At some point u have to realize the lawyer will be the only one making out!

#2186 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

All this talk of getting an updated timeline seems misplaced. He can just make up a new timeline, he's learned that missing self imposed deadlines are not that big of a deal...
What you guys really need is a full accounting, inventory and budget (the budget would be tied to some timeline. Here is what I would ask:
2) How much capital did he invest into the company from third parties or himself?
7) How much is left outstanding in pre-order money from people who have signed up (this is his only AR)?
Does he intend to contribute capital to the company moving forward and if so how much and when?
Once all this is answered you guys can decide the next step...and whether JPop is able to build the games even if he is inclined to do so.

This entire write up by tiger law would make jpop vomit, shit his pants, close up the shop, and quit pinball... Cause there's no way in hell he would divulge this info. I would love to see him respond with real world answers to these questions.

#2187 9 years ago

I asked this a while back. For those who have money in and want out, are you not able to sell your spot to someone on the waiting list? Last I heard there was a wait list for each game.

This situation is unfortunate. But from what I know, there's a game very close to being shown. The reveal has begun. It's coming in pieces but should end soon with the full game. Be patient and enjoy the holidays.

#2188 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But from what I know, there's a game very close to being shown. The reveal has begun. It's coming in pieces but should end soon with the full game.

"From what I know"? Really? WTF do you know?

The reveal has begun.

#2189 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does he intend to contribute capital to the company moving forward and if so how much and when?

You'll get all those answers in the bankruptcy filing. Perhaps you "owners" should start one:

http://bankruptcy.lawyers.com/commercial-bankruptcy/facing-involuntary-bankruptcy.html

#2190 9 years ago

Show of hands....who here is actually in on a MG?

#2191 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

But from what I know, there's a game very close to being shown. The reveal has begun

WTF do you know about it? Seriously?

Best you stick to making T-shirts with your own name on them.

rd.

#2192 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

"From what I know"? Really? WTF do you know?
The reveal has begun.

I only know one thing. YOU SIR CAN'T AFFORD ANY ZIDWARE GAME, so why don't you stop stirring the pot and let the owners talk instead of trolling this thread. Just go to bed.

#2193 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I only know one thing. YOU SIR CAN'T AFFORD ANY ZIDWARE GAME, so why don't you stop stirring the pot and let the owners talk instead of trolling this thread. Just go to bed.

Wow. You're a real piece of work, that's really classy. I'm done talking with you.

#2194 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Are you in on MG or RAZA then? Hadn't picked that up from your prior posts.

Also, he's on the west coast. What's your excuse for being up at 2 a.m. EST?

#2195 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Are you in on MG or RAZA then? Hadn't picked that up from your prior posts.
Also, he's on the west coast. What's your excuse for being up at 2 a.m. EST?

No I am just curious about these games because out of all the new stuff promised, these titles excite me the most. And I'm up at 2am because I can't sleep. A family member of mine is very ill and was at the hospice most of the night. Just killing time to sheer fatigue takes me to bed.

Look guys...I'm not saying this wait hasn't been god awful. I'm just saying some on here are stirring the pot when they have absolutely no horse in the race. People who have money sent have every right to comment. But guys like Aurich are only here to create a mob and burn down Zidware. Not cool.

Aurich, I'll bet you $100 that MG comes out in 2015. How's that for amends?

#2196 9 years ago

kaneda, I told you I don't want to talk to you anymore. Don't keep PMing me. I'll just post what you wrote me for everyone:

You see my friend, because I know people who know you. And you know what
you're reputation is? It's that you're a bitter person who can't even
afford an MG. Yeah, I'm real shallow. I do more for other's than you can
even imagine. Go back and re-read the thread...you just kept stirring the
pot. But in the end, even when the game ships, which it will, you will
still be bitter because you'll never have one.

So basically he doesn't know shit about me, who I am, or what I can afford, and I would put just as much faith in his claims that he knows anything about Jpop, obviously he just makes up anything he pleases. And is rather nasty about it too.

Post whatever you like, it's an open forum kaneda, but please don't PM me anymore, I don't wish to speak with you.

#2197 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

kaneda, I told you I don't want to talk to you anymore. Don't keep PMing me. I'll just post what you wrote me for everyone:

So basically he doesn't know shit about me, who I am, or what I can afford, and I would put just as much faith in his claims that he knows anything about Jpop, obviously he just makes up anything he pleases. And is rather nasty about it too.
Post whatever you like, it's an open forum kaneda, but please don't PM me anymore, I don't wish to speak with you.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. Just asking...can you afford a MG?

#2198 9 years ago

Kaneda, stop pm'ing Aurich now please. Only warning. Thanks.

#2199 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It isn't your business if he can or cannot. Please disengage from Aurich at this time without further comment.

#2200 9 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Whether you're trying to be a jerk or not, you are succeeding in being one. BTW, all the answers to your previous questions about JPOP's games are already in this thread. The reason people aren't responding to you is because they think you're being a jerk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

There are 24,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.