(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 491.
#21551 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not quite understanding why it is a big deal to you if I remembered it one way or the other. The point was that you sold your MG. Good for you. You found someone to take the risk when it appeared things were imploding. If you made some $$$ off him then even better. You cashed in on the risk and someone else took it on. I am not sure why you are pissed if that is public? or I remembered it as you saying it?

This is what happens when you continually try to police other peoples' actions. Just stop already.

#21552 7 years ago

So, here are the main questions I have on these games:

1. Does it have the processing power to handle the finalized code? If I remember right, there were a couple of WOZ sample machines floating around with out-dated processors that could not handle any of the modern updates. I am wondering if these 20 Magic Girl games can go "any further" when it comes to the code?

2. Is it fully wired? Are all of the mechanisms wired with the proper gauge wiring and can they be activated through the code and board ecosystem?

I think an inspection by someone familiar with pinball architecture could probably determine these answers fairly quick.

#21553 7 years ago

The media format that shant be named by the person that shant be named is pretty honest assessment of game. Seems like it is absolutely stuck in 'novice' mode. Sounds like some stuff not wired up which might be the reason (I.e., the novice mode is at least stable with missing shit where maybe the arcade software would be noticeably f'd up with the stuff missing?).

I'm not sure this game it going to be the salve for you guys caught up in this or Raza or AIW.

#21554 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

The media format that shant be named by the person that shant be named is pretty honest assessment of game. Seems like it is absolutely stuck in 'novice' mode. Sounds like some stuff not wired up which might be the reason (I.e., the novice mode is at least stable with missing shit where maybe the arcade software would be noticeably f'd up with the stuff missing?).
I'm not sure this game it going to be the salve for you guys caught up in this or Raza or AIW.

RAZA or AIW will NEVER be manufactured by JPop.

#21555 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I agree here, this is the best thing Special K has ever done for the pinball community. At the same time, his $20K bought him the recognition he wanted. 2 birds, one stone. Congrats Special K.
However, none of this negates his issues, actions, nor his past.

General comment.

Narcissists really don't mind nicknames like this or being called narcissists.

Not pleasant being on the receiving end of narcissistic rage though.

Back to MG!

#21556 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Plus, referring to someone as "special" in a derogatory way is pretty offensive and rude to a lot of people, not just the guy he is calling that.

#21557 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Regardless of what you may think about Kaneda, I think him getting a Magic Girl is the best thing for anyone interested in this saga. I don't think any other MG owner will be as honest and critical of their purchase. I want to hear and see details of MG and Kaneda will provide the content and opinions I'm interested in hearing about and seeing.
I'm betting the other MG owners will not appreciate his honesty though.

I do appreciate his honesty. I want full 'balls out' information and full transparency. Indeed, when I receive MG, I hope Martin will review it in great detail for Pinball News

If AP have let this machine out into the wild unfinished and incomplete, I think they may have sunk their future pinball aspirations with it, but I don't know full details yet.

#21558 7 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

He who shall not be named has confirmed that the ramp shot is able to be made. That was a huge surprise to me. I just hope that the flipper strength isn't amped up so much that it destroys all of the other thin plastics on the game.

The flipper strength isn't 'amped up' as far as i know. Its standard pulse time and hold, but of course most my code appears to be 'locked out' currently so who knows..... I remember shooting the ramp shot a load when it was been developed. I just never got a vac formed set for my own dev playfield, but i did get a set of 'hot glue prototypes' ...

#21559 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Plus, referring to someone as "special" in a derogatory way is pretty offensive and rude to a lot of people, not just the guy he is calling that.

Oh please, don't start this shit.

#21560 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

General comment.
Not pleasant being on the receiving end of narcissistic rage though.
Back to MG!

Oh trust me, I have been on the receiving end of some of his colorful PM's.

#21561 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Its standard pulse time and hold, but of course most my code appears to be 'locked out' currently so who knows

Are you able (and willing) to provide the latest version of your code to Kaneda to see if it will update and play?

#21562 7 years ago

Listened to the podcast - honestly it seems like a box of shit.
Pictures make it look real pretty but is sounds unplayable

#21563 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Listened to the podcast - honestly it seems like a box of shit.
Pictures make it look real pretty but is sounds unplayable

Even shit can be valuable.

I mean, if I had an actual piece of Elvis Presley's shit - authenticated - I bet it would be worth some cash.

So think of this game as Elvis' shit.

#21564 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Are you able (and willing) to provide the latest version of your code to Kaneda to see if it will update and play?

If I were him, not a chance for a few reasons:
1) loses leverage on getting what's owed to him
2) given that it's not known the state of the game hardware, could damage the game
3) the installation could go poorly and 'brick' the game.

#21565 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

If I were him, not a chance for a few reasons:
1) loses leverage on getting what's owed to him
2) given that it's not known the state of the game hardware, could damage the game
3) the installation could go poorly and 'brick' the game.

1) we all know he's never getting another cent, or the free game he never had in writing
2) who cares?
3) who cares?

If someone is willing to pay him money now he'd be a fool not to offer any and all assistance. A couple half-ass waivers from bobshapiro.com should take care of any liability concerns.

#21566 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

The flipper strength isn't 'amped up' as far as i know. Its standard pulse time and hold, but of course most my code appears to be 'locked out' currently so who knows..... I remember shooting the ramp shot a load when it was been developed. I just never got a vac formed set for my own dev playfield, but i did get a set of 'hot glue prototypes' ...

You did better than I! I got foam core when he was trying to recruit me early on.

#21567 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I gotta respond to this one. We don't have the proto and I have no clue where it is. As I said it was my understanding they, meaning pintatsia and other folks, wanted a visual pinball. Hence why I said my understanding earlier. I have no skills in making visual pinball anything. Last I heard through the vine it's not even being made into virtual table anymore. I think it was going to take too long and it's shipped back or getting shipped back coming up. Not sure
People are jumping on everyone it seems.
More importantly, whoever makes the visual pinball table doesn't get any monetary benefit. I mean, it's all free stuff given out.
EDit: I took the youtube videos down. Got a PM from someone accusing me of having the game based on me uploading the videos from the show. Yikes. Honestly getting a little nervous since my address is given out frequently for bulb pick ups and wife/baby are home all day.

Quoted from PinballBulbs:

I'm not sure how we got dragged into this I personally don't have the game or know who has it. My information about the virtual pinball is stuff I heard at the show, just like the videos I posted of gameplay, from the show. Sorry, literally just gave any information I had. Kinda sucks it instantly turned on me into somehow having the game.
In case people super care, I currently have a medieval madness and slugfest. No magic girl.....

Wow, so I do owe Hilton an apology. It had been so long I got him and Iceman confused. Hilton is still a piece of work for this above posts with Kim, but not in the way I said. I searched and searched and found the start of it I quoted above. That business account has PMs from Iceman too about giving out the address.

I apologize to Hilton. Looks like Iceman.

Hank's post is interesting at this point now. CT seems to have gotten an MG they are selling on their FB account, but still won't release deposits to folks. I understand they are out money personally as well, but still good of them to make right deposits they took as a distributor. It's all one hell of a mess.

#21568 7 years ago

Pinside is so full of creepy stalker types it can be hard to keep track of them.

#21569 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinside is so full of creepy stalker types it can be hard to keep track of them.

A few of them seem to like you.....

#21570 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even shit can be valuable.
I mean, if I had an actual piece of Elvis Presley's shit - authenticated - I bet it would be worth some cash.
So think of this game as Elvis' shit.

I guess so, but I'm not buying shit ...
Pinball's not an investment to me, it's a hobby.
I just want good fun playing machines .. I don't see how this machine is valuable to anyone...

I am happy owners at least have something ... hopefully somehow code will improve to make this playable
I still think it's beautiful to look at ... it's sad JPOP didn't have a good business partner from the start that could of kept him on track.

#21571 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

A few of them seem to like you.....

yeah, the day I send anybody unsolicited hate mail, emails, facebook messages, go after them at work, or write crazy blogs about pinside enemies you might have me there.

#21572 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I have asked the moderators to remove any discussion regarding him or his Pinside membership status. Please respect that request and refrain from discussing him or his podcast on Pinside. Thank you.

Well...that didn't last long.

#21573 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Wow, so I do owe Hilton an apology. It had been so long I got him and Iceman confused. Hilton is still a piece of work for this above posts with Kim, but not in the way I said. I searched and searched and found the start of it I quoted above. That business account has PMs from Iceman too about giving out the address.
I apologize to Hilton. Looks like Iceman.
Hank's post is interesting at this point now. CT seems to have gotten an MG they are selling on their FB account, but still won't release deposits to folks. I understand they are out money personally as well, but still good of them to make right deposits they took as a distributor. It's all one hell of a mess.

thanks for the appology. What you said was way out of line.

Please go back to edit your previous post so others (many only skim) know I am not some sort of stalker or harrassment dude sending people to your house.

#21574 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable.....yet.....so very believable.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I'm sure he just mis-remembered things.

well...

#21575 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for the appology. What you said was way out of line.
Please go back to edit your previous post so others (many only skim) know I am not some sort of stalker or harrassment dude sending people to your house.

Edited. I still don't like you in the slightest. You are partly to blame for some the current issues in a lot of this mess with your pitchfork mentality.

#21576 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Edited. I still don't like you in the slightest. You are partly to blame for some the current issues in a lot of this mess with your pitchfork mentality.

I am to blame for the failures of Jpop? ok...

#21577 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am to blame for the failures of Jpop? ok...

Not entirely, of course not! That guy did all that himself. You made a great effort to not help the situation any further, let's keep it at that

#21578 7 years ago

I'm learning more about individual members in this thread than I am about Magic Girl.

#21579 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

1) we all know he's never getting another cent, or the free game he never had in writing
2) who cares?
3) who cares?
If someone is willing to pay him money now he'd be a fool not to offer any and all assistance. A couple half-ass waivers from bobshapiro.com should take care of any liability concerns.

Someone promised to pay him money before and look what that got him. If I were him I wouldn't waste anymore of my time on it. This thing should be left alone. It is what it is and nothing more.

#21580 7 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Not entirely, of course not! That guy did all that himself. You made a great effort to not help the situation any further, let's keep it at that

???

Actually I think me being vocal that MG owners should get organized/legal was a good thing. It seems that the handful of people getting organized and leading the charge on the legal front is a large part of the reason that 25 MGs are even going out the door at this stage.

I am proud of all you people that put in the leg work and got the ball rolling on legal actions! All MG owners shoudl be thanking those of you that made shit happen!

good job!!!!

#21581 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Just call him Special K, it's so fitting.

Actually it seems kind of childish to me.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Exactly.

#21582 7 years ago

Isn't there some consumer protection law, or something along those lines, that can hold John accountable for misrepresenting the product that was delivered? While the game was shipped, it is no where near complete and seems like a bait and switch.

#21583 7 years ago

7:06 on the most recent MG unboxing episode...

vanilla (resized).jpgvanilla (resized).jpg

#21584 7 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I'm learning more about individual members in this thread than I am about Magic Girl.

Wait, what, this thread is about MG?

#21585 7 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

Isn't there some consumer protection law, or something along those lines, that can hold John accountable for misrepresenting the product that was delivered? While the game was shipped, it is no where near complete and seems like a bait and switch.

Good luck with that.

It's gonna be hard proving damages when the games are worth more than face value. What's a judge going to do, force AP to create a video mode?

This is the end of the Magic Girl story.

#21586 7 years ago

I would think all of these questions were asked when the game was picked up.

* whats the phone number for support
* what is the duration of support
* what if I need parts, etc who will provide them?
* how do I update the software?
etc, etc, etc

If the game was truly non-functioning, I'd take it back and make him fix it. Unfortunately, If you had the game shipped, that could be a problem...

Quoted from Nibbles:

#21587 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

etc, etc, etc
If the game was truly non-functioning, I'd take it back and make him fix it. Unfortunately, If you had the game shipped, that could be a problem...

Maybe not..... I wouldn't let him have the game back as might never see it again!

#21588 7 years ago
Quoted from robin:

Kaneda is not coming back on Pinside.
If you wonder why: you're gonna have to ask him. I do value the privacy of e-mail so I'm not gonna share the things he sent me. It isn't pretty.
I'm a real easy-going guy and not the type to hold grudges. But there are limits to what I can deal with and Kaneda has well exceeded those limits. His past behaviour on this forum has been nothing short of toxic.
I have asked the moderators to remove any discussion regarding him or his Pinside membership status. Please respect that request and refrain from discussing him or his podcast on Pinside. Thank you.

Sometimes I wish that this entire forum- its users, its news, the tech forums- all of it- could be seemlessly migrated to Facebook.

There- we would have all the information, news, tips- but none of the senseless soap opera that seems to follow pinball newgroups and forums. No matter how much moderation- or banning- goes down, we still get the same stuff here all the time that scares manufacturers and power players away in droves. The price police, the smarky sarcasm, you name it.

Not that there aren't Facebook pinball groups now, but there isn't one with the presence and participation of this group.

Kind of like pinball shows- at shows, people, in person, are at their best and tend to always consider the human behind the user.

#21589 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually I think me being vocal that MG owners should get organized/legal was a good thing.

Yes, you coming in two years after we filed the lawsuit and you chanting "Get organised guys" is what really pushed things over the finish line. Your autograph should be clear coated on all playfields.

My gawd, you really don't get it.

#21590 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Sometimes I wish that this entire forum- its users, its news, the tech forums- all of it- could be seemlessly migrated to Facebook.
There- we would have all the information, news, tips- but none of the senseless soap opera that seems to follow pinball newgroups and forums.

That's a really good idea, cause nobody ever argues or trolls on Facebook.

#21591 7 years ago

I predict that MG will ultimately turn out to be a decent game. Unfortunately, it will require some very dedicated owners to rebuild half the game and finish off the code.

#21592 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's a really good idea, cause nobody ever argues or trolls on Facebook.

People will always argue and troll- but I do believe people are on their best 'internet behavior' on Facebook, generally.

I think most people would agree- it would be better if Pinside were ported in its entirety to a Facebook community.

It wouldn't be perfect- but it would be a whole lot better.

#21593 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I highly doubt there would be any of this. It's not unlike the Skit-B accounting department, which right now is just an empty manila folder with a coffee stain on it.

Or the phone number for support will just be a WAV file of John saying "well, um.. you see... um.. tied up right now...been busy.."

#21594 7 years ago

No. I don't need Facebook to curate the content here. Just ready the good stuff and skip the crap. Facebook is not "the internet" and it's tiring to see people gravitate towards it like moths to a light.

#21595 7 years ago

I think most people would agree- it would be better if Pinside were ported in its entirety to a Facebook community.

Put up a poll and marvel at the results

#21596 7 years ago

There- we would have all the information, news, tips- but none of the senseless soap opera that seems to follow pinball newgroups and forums. No matter how much moderation- or banning- goes down, we still get the same stuff here all the time that scares manufacturers and power players away in droves. The price police, the smarky sarcasm, you name it.
Not that there aren't Facebook pinball groups now, but there isn't one with the presence and participation of this group.
Kind of like pinball shows- at shows, people, in person, are at their best and tend to always consider the human behind the user.

It's incredibly easy to shape Pinside into what you want it to be... just utilize the ignore feature. The Whysnows of Pinside (along with all of the ridiculous antics and inflammatory comments) simply cease to exist... yes you see endless "ignore user" comments... but, frankly, the reality of your own experience is completely washed clean of the BS and negativity they deliver.

The biggest loss has been the fact that these hyper-posting and consistently controversial Pinsiders have driven away a ton of quality folks in the pinball world. That is something that will probably never be regained on this site. That's the fault the Pinside... would have been way better to just ban the inmates before they began running the asylum. Too late for that, tho.

#21597 7 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Put up a poll and marvel at the results

The problem is-
We wouldn't be able to run an accurate poll
The people who either can't or don't want to be around here anymore for the reasons described above wouldn't participate.

#21598 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

The biggest loss has been the fact that these hyper-posting and consistently controversial Pinsiders have driven away a ton of quality folks in the pinball world. That is something that will probably never be regained on this site.

Huh?

Isn't membership higher here than ever before?

I do agree with your concept though. "Ignore" those you simply can't stand, and remove thumb downvotes from what you see if this stuff aggravates you.

#21599 7 years ago

The problem is-
We wouldn't be able to run an accurate poll
The people who either can't or don't want to be around here anymore for the reasons described above wouldn't participate.

Well hell, that's great! The people who want to be on Facebook are there, and the people who prefer Pinside are here!

So why are you still here?

#21600 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It's incredibly easy to shape Pinside into what you want it to be... just utilize the ignore feature.

Wise words. Since you live down the street from me (relatively) and MOCO residents are pretty solid citizens, I am going to take your advice. I think it will definitely give me a better experience on here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 432 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/432 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.