(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 490.
#21401 7 years ago

Are there going to be any videos of JPop doing cartwheels in the warehouse?

#21402 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Then why was he allowed to build them(MG) there?

Jpop has zero to do with ap going forward. None of his cabinet design none of his patent parts...what ever the deal was for them to give him parts or build the 19 games will have zero to do with Houdini going forward. He's not alllowed in the building where Houdini is getting made by joe balcer now and his team. Ap has cut and all ties with jpop from what I understand

#21403 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The MG's should be complete and trouble-free. I'm sure any issues that arose during Beta Testing on location were promptly corrected.....

You must not be familiar with what's coming off the line. It has been rechristened - Fix-It Magic Girl!

#21404 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'm surprised we haven't seen customers posting gameplay videos of their machines yet. It would be very useful to know if the thing works or not. In particular, does the geometry work? If so, updated code could fix it up a bit.
I think someone will have to lend a MG to Applejuice to allow him to work on the code, and I think that may be me, being the only UK customer I'd also pay towards the code update, as should other MG customers IMO. Imagine if we could get the MGs working, and in the process pay Applejuice what he is owed? Now that would be awesome.
But this does not detract from the fact that Applejuice and ZY should get their own MGs.
AP, if you're reading, can you make 2 more machines?? The positive PR you would gain from doing so would be amazing, and increased Houdini sales would easily pay for the additional work IMO. Despite all the issues about MG, it is already an incredible thing that AP has done, and they are to be applauded for it.

Thank you for your post. It is much appreciated. Seems strange doesn't it that i as the programmer isn't even able to get hold a game to check the functionality that was created....

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm the list of basic functionality i listed last night is available....

Checking that the lamps,switches,coils are working in the service menu should be step 1 as i said already....

#21405 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The MG's should be complete and trouble-free. I'm sure any issues that arose during Beta Testing on location were promptly corrected.....

Yep, just like how vendors, programmers, etc should have been paid. Key word "should". Didn't exactly pan out, did it? Gotta love all the plot twists in this saga: Super-high asking price for a pin, while all the while suppliers/programmers don't get paid. And now it seems that the machine is playing badly. All while waiting in years for it.

This story just keeps getting crazier & crazier.

#21407 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Then why was he allowed to build them(MG) there?

My guess is they promised to build MG as a quid pro quo for the Houdini design. But after the legal issues that John likely didn't tell AP about, AP now has to redesign Houdini. It's possible AP signed a contract to build the games anyways, or had moved forward enough in construction that it was too late. At that point they are at least creating games and building a small amount of pinball goodwill, and also giving their assembly line a bit of a prototype/test run. So there's some benefit for AP. But they know John is toxic and going forward won't do business with him in the future.

#21408 7 years ago

So i continue to be confused by people taking about box of lights, nothing going on

So i had a few minutes this afternoon and i dusted off the code base and loaded up on my dev laptop which i normally use for developing my stern indy jones rewrite

Here are a few screen grabs of various 'simple' arcade game features. The graphics window should match your game screen

1) Ball start skillshot

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.14.46 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.14.46 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.14.58 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.14.58 (resized).png

2) Bonus multiplier progress - kings and queen top lanes
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.06.46 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.06.46 (resized).png

3) Potion power up ready - potion target
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.06.17 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.06.17 (resized).png

4) Newton multiball ready - lhs captive ball
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.04.13 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.04.13 (resized).png

5) Magnetic jet bumper ready - hare
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.02.43 1 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.02.43 1 (resized).png

6) Jet bumper progress - jets
Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.02.24 (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-02-20 at 17.02.24 (resized).png

If someone wants to determine if you have these features available or not. Maybe the code was cut down for release or something crazy, or stuck in novice play. Who knows.....

#21409 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

If someone wants to determine if you have these features available or not. Maybe the code was cut down for release or something crazy, or stuck in novice play. Who knows.....

I think people are far more worried about the game's layout and mechanics than they are the code when you see these comments. I think you would also admit your code was not complete and fully playtested the last you worked on it, no?

#21410 7 years ago

It's more likely a mechanical mess than anything. missing switches, mechs that are missing or don't work properly, ball getting trapped, etc.

#21411 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think people are far more worried about the game's layout and mechanics than they are the code when you see these comments. I think you would also admit your code was not complete and fully playtested the last you worked on it, no?

agreed.

People are saying a box of blinky lights since essentially it sounds like the layout and geometry is soo clunky that it plays like junk. I dont think anyone is making reference to the actual code. It sounds like code does not matter much given the lack of play?

#21412 7 years ago

This game will get reprogrammed regardless, it's best that the original person does it!

If you're collecting money don't forget the small fortune it will cost to send a machine to England. America's trade is like a diode, only goes one way...

#21413 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds correct from what I have heard also.
Kim > did you sell your game to special K? That is what we all really want to know.

We all?

I think you are speaking for everyone when you probably shouldn't be, because many of us either don't give a shit or realize that it's none of our business.

#21415 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

We all?
I think you are speaking for everyone when you probably shouldn't be, because many of us either don't give a shit or realize that it's none of our business.

lighten up tough guy. It was a joke. It was all public a while back that Kim was shopping it around at Expo time.

I just want to know if he deserves a high five or not, next time I see him

#21416 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

This game will get reprogrammed regardless, it's best that the original person does it!
If you're collecting money don't forget the small fortune it will cost to send a machine to England. America's trade is like a diode, only goes one way...

I think applejuice should help out on coding after(and only after) $27K USD is deposited into his account. Like they say, "Send money now".

#21417 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was all public a while back that Kim was shopping it around at Expo time.

Total and complete bullshit.

#21418 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I am making popcorn as I write this......no , really I am!

20170220_130527_resized (resized).jpg20170220_130527_resized (resized).jpg

#21419 7 years ago

As many of you know, Kaneda and I have become friends IRL. He has shared these photos with me and I'm sharing them with all of you.

If he sends me more stuff I'll add it here.

IMG_3929 (resized).JPGIMG_3929 (resized).JPGIMG_3930 (resized).JPGIMG_3930 (resized).JPG

#21420 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

eidted for the geniuses that are in capable for actually reading along...

I mixed up a post that Iceman made about Kim flipping his MG spot in Oct and mis-remembered it as KIM making the post. I have since apologized as Kim seems very sensitive about me thinking he made that post.

Other MG owners have said you sold to Special K for 20k or 24k depending on who is making the claim. I personally was hoping you kept the game, but do think it is funny if you were able to flip it to special K for more than you had in. The risks were clear at that time and anyone stupid enough to buy it for more than original cost deserves the risk/reward of the speculation.

#21421 7 years ago

So here is the question to ponder. If(we just don't know) it plays like shit, shoots like shit, and is just in general a suck ass game, but someone is willing to pay you $20K plus......are you really still all that mad at JPop?

This is a question directed at owners.....We know, JPop screwed everyone else involved, that is not the issue here. Is a buyer ready to sue JPop over a poor game or sell it and move on? I just think at this point, no matter how tainted, how shitty, or how long it took, the collectibility value of this game is going to go through the roof. It's just too rare not to.

#21422 7 years ago

Cool dog!

IMG_6522 (resized).PNGIMG_6522 (resized).PNG

#21423 7 years ago

good looking pooch. Looks like special K may have one redeeming quality

Anyone that has a cool dog is a better person for it.

#21424 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

As many of you know, Kaneda and I have become friends IRL. He has shared these photos with me and I'm sharing them with all of you.

OMG....... Special K is a BRONY?!?! I am now LMFAO!!! Better hope to hell he is not a CLOPPER! Google it if you don't know what those terms are.

Now it is all making sense to me!

#21425 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I seem to remember posts from you (which were then deleted) saying you were selling your spot

#21426 7 years ago

I was going to say that you beat me to the punch

#21427 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

so... do you have your MG then?

If so, hook us up with some gameplay video!

#21428 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

good looking pooch. Looks like special K may have one redeeming quality
Anyone that has a cool dog is a better person for it.

Yep, I will give him due credit for the Dog..........but the guy is a BRONY!!!

#21429 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I assume that is because of the MLP mural?

#21430 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I would be more worried about the person who knows what a BRONY is.

#21431 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

We're spending time on a pinball forum.. a niche thing that is dead for 99.999% of population. Who are we to judge?

#21432 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I would be more worried about the person who knows what a BRONY is.

Huge Howard Stern fan.....that is how I know.

#21433 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume that is because of the MLP mural?

Yes, what kind of a grown man, with no kids, has My Little Pony on his walls?

#21434 7 years ago

The bully's name is bubba. I emailed him for a picture. He's cute. Yay English bulldogs.

#21435 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

The bully's name is bubba. I emailed him for a picture. He's cute. Yay English bulldogs.

That name is perfect for a bully.

#21436 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes, what kind of a grown man, with no kids, has My Little Pony on his walls?

the kind that overpays for a MG when the designer is in the midst of legal troubles for the fun of the ability to brag about it or flip it possibly.

#21437 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

We're spending time on a pinball forum.. a niche thing that is dead for 99.999% of population. Who are we to judge?

Oh we can judge,collecting pinball machines is fucking cool dude!

#21438 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Precise reason we have not seen more game play videos, nobody wants to open theirs. I've seen one partial video and until someone can record a few quality games being played, or even a screen shot showing the version of software installed, have concluded it shoots like sh*t ... while looking fantastic!

#21439 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

the kind that overpays for a MG when the designer is in the midst of legal troubles for the fun of the ability to brag about it or flip it possibly.

As much as I dislike Special K and as much as I may give him grief, I give him much props for the MG purchase.

#21440 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your brevity is speaking volumes.

#21441 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

As much as I dislike Special K and as much as I may give him grief, I give him much props for the MG purchase.

Why?

#21442 7 years ago

I have 2 young daughters. That ain't MLP. Not sure WTH that is....

#21443 7 years ago

Geez, at this point whatever it cost, Ka-needs-a-ttention can brilliantly write it off as a marketing expense for his podcast.

I mean, dude was a pariah around here for how many months, barely mentioned at all. Now everyone's foaming at the mouth for updates by proxy?!

Some like to say "you can't buy that kind publicity!" Well, apparently you can...

#21444 7 years ago

I have no problem with Kaneda. Yes, he's a troll. He admits it. Just try posting anything remotely controversial here and see how many trolls are still here.

Robin, imho, he adds more to the conversation around here than he detracts. Just my 2 cents.

#21445 7 years ago

Setup is in process.

Should get a flip update soon

#21446 7 years ago

Yes, at least he's taking it out of the box and will play it.

#21447 7 years ago

Woah new Kaneda podcast up already! Magic Girl not so Magical - everyone loses in the end. LOL he is quick!

#21448 7 years ago

I was one getting on Kim for supposedly taking advantage of somebody in selling that MG via the private owners group

A big and regrettable overreaction on my part

Time to move on and at least some MGs are being opened and played now

#21449 7 years ago

Was there a box that came around it? Or did the shipping guys stop JPOP from spending 3 years designing &patenting a cardboard box? I can see it now;

JPOP "I'm planning a unique packaging with lighting bolt cutouts and if you just...."
Shippers:"NONONONO stand back so we can get this plastic wrap around it & on the pallet. We got this."

#21450 7 years ago

Because he took a huge gamble on an opportunity. If he keeps it due to the rarity/collectibility, he may have gotten a bargain. If he flips it, he may make a tidy sum. The emotional aspect was pushed aside and it was treated as a business decision.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 24,471 posts in this topic. You are on page 429 of 490.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/429 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.