(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 491.
#21051 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Did I say anything that was not a fact? We know who did the artwork and we know who did the programming. There were many other people involved with this project and we don't know who did what for anything else involved. There seems to a lot of missing people getting credit.

You said you wanted the ipdb entry not to include Jpop's name. That's ridiculous and it would undermine the credibility of ipdb if they started making subjective, punitive calls like that. Pretending MG has nothing to do with Jpop would indeed be an alternative fact. Or not a fact. However you want to put it.

#21052 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

No, I know plenty of rich people. Technically compared to most of the world I am rich. The problem is those receiving games could not have received them without other people getting screwed. The most expensive game is getting created in low volume. Everyone else gets screwed.
It's pretty clear the only reason JPOP created AIW and RAZA was to generate more money to get MG built.

Yup that does suck for the other designers. And any of the other suppliers.

I would have no problem offering APPLE JUICE or whatever his name is money for further support and possible code changes. 11K per game would be a little tough. My expectation are not to high for Magic Girl. I joke that Im getting a Jetson Pinball with a magic Girl playfeild.

#21053 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You said you wanted the ipdb entry not to include Jpop's name. That's ridiculous and it would undermine the credibility of ipdb if they started making subjective, punitive calls like that. Pretending MG has nothing to do with Jpop would indeed be an alternative fact. Or not a fact. However you want to put it.

Wow, speaking of facts. I did not say "the ipdb entry", I said "the database".

So for a person who wants to get persnickety about the facts you should get them right.

#21054 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Wow, speaking of facts. I did not say "the ipdb entry", I said "the database".
So for a person who wants to get persnickety about the facts you should get them right.

I'm persnickity about bullshit. Not a fan.

I just don't think it's productive or provides a service to pretend this isn't a Jpop game. Whichever "database" you are trying to bullshit is irrelevant.

#21055 7 years ago

You have some big ol balls if you're gambling 20k on this. People (well one person) are underestimating the volatile nature of this whole ordeal. As for rarity, John could turn around and offer this game to AIW and RAZA preorders. He could turn around and offer this up for 8k new in order to try to start turning profit. He could STILL not ship these for another year, and offer some BS excuse.

#21056 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm persnickity about bullshit. Not a fan.
I just don't think it's productive or provides a service to pretend this isn't a Jpop game. Whichever "database" you are trying to bullshit is irrelevant.

It is a joke. Chill out.

#21057 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is a joke. Chill out.

So was my overblown, serious response! Get with the humor my man!

#21058 7 years ago
Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Yup that does suck for the other designers. And any of the other suppliers.
I would have no problem offering APPLE JUICE or whatever his name is money for further support and possible code changes. 11K per game would be a little tough. My expectation are not to high for Magic Girl. I joke that Im getting a Jetson Pinball with a magic Girl playfeild.

pretty sure the suggestion is $650 per person/game for a total of 12k.

Plus the owners woudl need to demand those that were also due a game gets one (i.e. Zombie and Apple)

#21059 7 years ago

"gameplay videos " are just exactly what we've already seen at ne show -- a ball launch that appears to not shoot back to Playfield? Rest are just attract screen and skill level selection.. hmmmm right. You'd think if he got it working ok somehow that he'd want to show off the gameplay, riiiight?

#21060 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

"gameplay videos " are just exactly what we've already seen at ne show -- a ball launch that appears to not shoot back to Playfield? Rest are just attract screen and skill level selection.. hmmmm right. You'd think if he got it working ok somehow that he'd want to show off the gameplay, riiiight?

I honestly do not remember...do any Jpop games have an autolauncher?

#21061 7 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I am not happy to see this game. Does it look good? Sure. It might even play awesome. But you know how you build 19 kickass machines? You con and rip off dozens of vendors and hundreds of collectors trying to get a different game. Nothing has been made right here. This is literally the first round of ponzi investors getting out early. In a bankruptcy these would be clawed back as preferential distributions. I hate that 19 people who are already rich enough to shell out 16k are gonna get a highly collectible game while the developer is getting stiffed on 11k plus a game. I'm a developer and I've been stiffed on contracts. It sucks and it costs > $11k to even retain a quality attorney for a long court case.

Quoted from AtomicChuck:

Yes lets blame and HATE the RICH PEOPLE who could afford the game. Is this FACEBOOK?

Quoted from AtomicChuck:

I have waited 6 years for this game, thought my money was gone. My game will be on LOCATION at CP Pinball. If its good it will stay, if it sucks it will be gone.

Richthofen's not blaming or hating the rich people who can afford the game. He's making an argument based on FAIRNESS.

He's complaining that a small subset of the Zidware Inc creditor pool (~19 "lucky" people) are about to receive "preferential transfers" of Magic Girl pinball machines (i.e., providing 100% recovery on their outstanding claims), when the REST of the Zidware creditor pool (e.g., artists, software coders, parts vendors, RAZA/AIW customers) are getting stiffed (i.e., 0% recovery on their claims).

Richthofen views that as UNFAIR treatment, and other Pinsiders on this thread probably agree.

For what it's worth, the U.S. Congress believes it's unfair, too. That's why they wrote provisions into the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to allow a bankruptcy trustee to recover preferential transfers for the benefit of the debtor's estate, auction off the assets to the highest bidders, and then distribute the net proceeds to ALL creditors based on the priority and amount of their claims.

What might such a scenario look like? For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that all creditors are classed as general unsecured creditors (non-priority claims). If the net proceeds generated from the bankruptcy process end up being less than the total amount of claims outstanding, then the net proceeds would be distributed on a pro-rata basis (i.e., based on an equal percentage of each outstanding claim). Under that scenario, you and the other Magic Girl customers would receive the same percentage recovery as zombieyeti (the unpaid artist), applejuice (the unpaid software coder), GLModular (the unpaid board designer), other unpaid parts vendors, and the RAZA/AIW customers who also paid money to Zidware for pinball machines. The highest bidders at the auction, likely collectors willing to pay up for collectible games, would take home the Magic Girl machines. Creditors receiving pro-rata distributions may choose to bid in the auction, or they may choose to simply end their involvement with Zidware altogether.

#21062 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Richthoven's not blaming or hating the rich people who can afford the game. He's making an argument based on FAIRNESS.
He's complaining that a small subset of the Zidware Inc creditor pool (~19 "lucky" people) are about to receive "preferential transfers" of Magic Girl pinball machines (i.e., providing 100% recovery on their outstanding claims), when the REST of the Zidware creditor pool (e.g., artists, software coders, parts vendors, RAZA/AIW customers) are getting stiffed (i.e., 0% recovery on their claims).
Many Pinsiders on this thread view that as UNFAIR treatment.
For what it's worth, the U.S. Congress believes it's unfair, too. That's why they wrote provisions into the U.S. Bankruptcy Code to allow a bankruptcy trustee to recover preferential transfers for the benefit of the debtor's estate, auction off the assets to the highest bidders, and then distribute the net proceeds to ALL creditors based on the priority and amount of their claims.
What might such a scenario look like? For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that all creditors are classed as general unsecured creditors (non-priority claims). If the net proceeds generated from the bankruptcy process end up being less than the total amount of claims outstanding, then the net proceeds would be distributed on a pro-rata basis (i.e., based on an equal percentage of each outstanding claim). Under that scenario, you and the other Magic Girl customers would receive the same percentage recovery as zombieyeti (the unpaid artist), applejuice (the unpaid software coder), GLModular (the unpaid board designer), other unpaid parts vendors, and the RAZA/AIW customers who also paid money to Zidware for pinball machines. The highest bidders at the auction, likely collectors willing to pay up for collectible games, would take home the Magic Girl machines. Creditors receiving a pro-rata distribution may choose to bid in the auction, or they may choose to take their distribution and end their involvement with Zidware altogether.

Since Jpop is not currently in bankruptcy (at least I missed it if that happened), I don't believe the preferential transfer clause comes into play. Even if that happens in the future after games are delivered, I don't think it comes into play. He's delivering product to paying customers. This is very different than what happened in the Kulek/Predator fiasco. So I don't think there would be any recourse for other creditors unless bankruptcy is forced before those get shipped...

NOTE: not judging the fair part since I agree it's not right/fair... just commenting on the preferential transfer statement...

Jaz

#21063 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I honestly do not remember...do any Jpop games have an autolauncher?

No it's a manual plunge but directly to a scoop. Just occurred to me - are these videos something that he just posted or have been up for a while? Just saw the link post and assumed they were new

#21064 7 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

Since Jpop is not currently in bankruptcy (at least I missed it if that happened), I don't believe the preferential transfer clause comes into play. Even if that happens in the future after games are delivered, I don't think it comes into play. He's delivering product to paying customers. This is very different than what happened in the Kulek/Predator fiasco. So I don't think there would be any recourse for other creditors unless bankruptcy is forced before those get shipped...

You are partially correct. Preferential transfers are only recoverable in bankruptcy, so either Zidware Inc would have to file a voluntary petition to put the company into bankruptcy, or at least 3 unsecured creditors would have to file an involuntary petition to force the company into bankruptcy.

However, preferential transfers are recoverable after the fact, if the transfers are made within 90 days of a petition filing. So even if the machines are delivered to paying customers, if a bankruptcy petition is subsequently filed within 90 days, and the trustee deems the transfers to be preferential (i.e., unfairly benefiting some creditors to the detriment of other creditors), the trustee could still file an avoidance action to recover the assets for the benefit of the creditors of the estate.

#21065 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure the suggestion is $650 per person/game for a total of 12k.
Plus the owners woudl need to demand those that were also due a game gets one (i.e. Zombie and Apple)

Yes. That about covers it. The fact that both myself and zombieyeti have not been offered games is truly disgraceful

#21066 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes. That about covers it. The fact that both myself and zombieyeti have not been offered games is truly disgraceful

Did you guys get it in writing that a Magic Girl was going to be part of your payment?

#21067 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

All predicated on zidware being insolvant tho.. not just in debt. I'm wondering where the resources to fund AP's contracting of MG mysteriously came from after so long?

#21068 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

or at least 3 unsecured creditors would have to file an involuntary petition to force the company into bankruptcy

ONLY 3. RAZA and AiW folks!!!!!! Get on this!@!!!! Seriously, like now!!! Today!!!!

Stop what you are doing and get ahold of a lawyer, explain the issue, the possible/likely preferrential transfer of assets, and get shit filed. If I were in on Raza or AiW I know my first call would be to KeithinMI to ask for a reccomendation for someone in IL.

#21069 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I could not agree with you more! Someone suggested $650 per person, I would have no problem with that. In fact If I sell the game, I would donate any and all profits to a FUND to help in Vendors and or older customers getting games. Keep in Mind many of the Magic Girl owners also have skin in the game on Raza and AIW.

Sadly in life where there is hot there is cold, when there is poor there is rich, and when there are bad people and good people, someone is always on the bad end. I was one of the first WOZ buyings and receipants and what a turd I was delivered, Bad Playfeild, Bad computer, Bad light boards Etc! . I have bought games that have appreciated and I have bought games that have depreciated. Winners and losers, it sucks!

#21070 7 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Is that a clay head?

That white owl looks like Hedwig.

#21071 7 years ago

Lastly we haven't gotten our games yet, Communication between Scott/John and the buyers is non existant, with the exception of ONE email telling us the games will be done by months end. I recieved a similar letter from Pintasia once too and got all excited. So I am holding my breath and hoping for the best.

#21072 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You can tell you are very passionate concerning your work on MG even though your were stiffed what you were owed.
I hope someway you will be made whole for all your hard work. Nice of you to continue to help the owners. At least they will see the fruits of your labor.

Maybe there's a Patreon opportunity here? I would certainly be willing to contribute for regular updates and fixes.

#21073 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

All predicated on zidware being insolvant tho.. not just in debt. I'm wondering where the resources to fund AP's contracting of MG mysteriously came from after so long?

Reference Paragraph 11, Allegations, on the following form...

http://www.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/form_b205_0.pdf

Is the debtor generally not paying its debts as they become due, unless they are the subject of a bona fide dispute as to liability or amount?

Think about the following creditors when answering that question:

- zombieyeti
- applejuice
- GLModular
- Other unpaid parts vendors
- RAZA/AIW customers

#21074 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Reference Paragraph 11, Allegations, on the following form...

Oh I know.. and we've been in that 'potential' for what.. a year plus? Including businesses, not just individuals.. its an option that hasn't changed. I would suspect the potential for failing to have the bankruptcy declared and the liability that generates is why the lawsuit angle is the only one anyone has taken?

And when does the lookback period start? From when creditors file their complaint, or when the court decides to put them in bankruptcy?

I wonder even if in the Kevin case, how many people actually have filed a proof of claim?? (I would imagine that be part of the public record too.. but I don't recall seeing a list of hundreds of predator buyers.. only a short list)

#21075 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Oh I know.. and we've been in that 'potential' for what.. a year plus? Including businesses, not just individuals.. its an option that hasn't changed. I would suspect the potential for failing to have the bankruptcy declared and the liability that generates is why the lawsuit angle is the only one anyone has taken?
And when does the lookback period start? From when creditors file their complaint, or when the court decides to put them in bankruptcy?
I wonder even if in the Kevin case, how many people actually have filed a proof of claim?? (I would imagine that be part of the public record too.. but I don't recall seeing a list of hundreds of predator buyers.. only a short list)

It's very easy to get into bankruptcy, but a lot more difficult to get out. The solvency test for the involuntary petition filing (referenced previously) is pretty easy to satisfy, and the logistical hurdle to file the petition is fairly low (i.e., at least 3 unsecured creditors collectively owed $15,775 or more + 1 lawyer + $335 filing fee).

The clock for the reach-back period starts when the petition is filed. Bankruptcy events are typically referred to as either pre-petition or post-petition.

In Kevin Kulek's Chapter 7 case, the claims bar date was pushed back by court order due to the lack of debtor cooperation in providing key financial information.

#21076 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I would suspect the potential for failing to have the bankruptcy declared and the liability that generates is why the lawsuit angle is the only one anyone has taken?

You really think the court would toss an involuntary bankruptcy case brought against Zidware at this point? Barring a huge additional cash influx from JPop's angel investors, that seems implausible.

#21077 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Maybe there's a Patreon opportunity here? I would certainly be willing to contribute for regular updates and fixes.

IF i could get a game here, then i would certainly look into what i could do code wise for updates and fixes. As i posted above i have detailed the features that *SHOULD* be available currently during a regular game and where they relate on a shot layout. I could possibly expand on this in terms of a rule sheet document if owners want this later.

#21078 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also remember this is the hobby where someone disassembled the Data East Star Wars code and wrote an update.
This game will get coding love.

I want to believe, but no one has recoded my precious Gottlieb Premier games yet! I have DOUBTS!

#21079 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor Jpop, he looks like a long haired Ned Beatty from Deliverance in that picture

Before or after the...uhh...incident?

#21080 7 years ago

Well this certainly took some backdoor ninja skills since the video container was broken and wouldn't play the video correctly but it looks like I was able to repair it and get this footage....

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the best video we have of MG at this point. Enjoy

#21081 7 years ago

Backdoor ninja skills = F12 in Chrome

#21082 7 years ago

What a clunker! I wouldn't want to play it if you paid me to. Let alone listen to the thing.

#21083 7 years ago

You probably could have omitted the ramps completely, and at least get a good view of the screen.

#21084 7 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

Backdoor ninja skills = F12 in Chrome

Haha it was slightly more complicated than that. It would only play 1:04 of the video (the second half). Had to convert the video to several file formats etc. Even after uploading to YouTube it still would only play the first half.
Long story short, enjoy.

#21085 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Well this certainly took some backdoor ninja skills since the video container was broken and wouldn't play the video correctly but it looks like I was able to repair it and get this footage....
Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the best video we have of MG at this point. Enjoy
» YouTube video

So, still can't hit the ramp?

#21086 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

» YouTube video

Sweet flow!

#21087 7 years ago

Jim, is the code seen in the videos your work as you left it, or has anything changed?

#21088 7 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

So, still can't hit the ramp?

It does seem worrying that so much real estate goes un played in the video.

OTOH, since long-term support and parts will probably be scarce-to-nonexistent, maybe this is a clever life-cycle, self-preservation feature: you can't break what you can't make...

#21089 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Jim, is the code seen in the videos your work as you left it, or has anything changed?

The video looks like novice play footage as you can see the 'novice play champion' screen come up at the end. This is a cut down version of the arcade play.

And yes this is my code base as i left it in may 2014...

#21090 7 years ago

You just knew it would be a total pain to have to retrieve a gameplay video of this. I mean, with the amazing design & style of ZidWare(tm) websites. Need a website partially done with a maze of navigation? Hire ZidWare(TM) to make your website in 4-5 years, with lotsa lightning bolts!

#21091 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Didn't they do 25 playfields ?

#21092 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You really think the court would toss an involuntary bankruptcy case brought against Zidware at this point? Barring a huge additional cash influx from JPop's angel investors, that seems implausible.

It's a question whose answer really only matters to the people willing to put their money up behind it As Razorback has pointed out.. the threshold needed to 'ask the question' is incredibly low. Yet, you find it's very UNcommon to do so. And here, we have hundreds of people who very clearly have NOT done so.. so for such a slam dunk.. no one has taken it.

Do we even know what the outstanding total is for RAZA and AIW? I don't recall if it's been summarized.

#21093 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

» YouTube video

hrm... besides lightshows and attract mode.. never saw a feature lamp do anything..

#21094 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

In Kevin Kulek's Chapter 7 case, the claims bar date was pushed back by court order due to the lack of debtor cooperation in providing key financial information.

Yes, Keith seems to be very dilligent on making sure that is included in each action when Kevin fails to comply. But I have a feeling most people don't realize they aren't going to be included auto-magically I would expect it to be a much more common topic amongst the buyers

#21095 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ONLY 3. RAZA and AiW folks!!!!!! Get on this!@!!!! Seriously, like now!!! Today!!!!
Stop what you are doing and get ahold of a lawyer, explain the issue, the possible/likely preferrential transfer of assets, and get shit filed. If I were in on Raza or AiW I know my first call would be to KeithinMI to ask for a reccomendation for someone in IL.

There is already a lawsuit filed.

I have no idea what the current status of the lawsuit is, but I do have to say that I do not understand at all how an involuntary petition has not been filed, at least by the RAZA/AIW buyers.

#21096 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Does anyone with a little more political correctness want to take this one? My answer could get me banned/suspended.

Because he held the mirror up

#21097 7 years ago

Um.....thanks for the video, but hopefully that's not expected to elicit sighs of relief. I saw two shots....spinner and trap door. How does one get to the ramps?

#21098 7 years ago

Man...it looks like TOTAN and ToM had an orgy with a pile of hot pink cotton candy.

#21099 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

It is a joke. Chill out.

Jokes don't work on Pinside.

#21100 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Um.....thanks for the video, but hopefully that's not expected to elicit sighs of relief. I saw two shots....spinner and trap door. How does one get to the ramps?

LOL, it wasn't expected to be spectacular or anything but it's all we have at this point and I figured some video was better than none

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 24,544 posts in this topic. You are on page 422 of 491.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6/page/422?hl=investingdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.